Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is an upcoming Disney Channel animated series based on the characters appearing in Marvel Comics. It is produced by Disney Television Animation (a first since Disneys acquisition of Marvel) and co-developed and executive produced by Laurence Fishburne, who will also voice the Beyonder in the series.
True to the comics, the show will follow young genius Lunella Lafayette (Diamond White) as she accidentally summons - and befriends - the T. rex Devil Dinosaur (Fred Tatasciore). Together, they set out to protect New Yorks lower east side from villains.
- A Boy and His X: A girl and her dinosaur. Same as the comics. The Comic Con preview even shows Devil Dinosaur acting like Lunellas dog!
- Adaptational Backstory Change: In the comics, Devil Dinosaur was brought to the present by Kree technology. The trailer shows that he came to New York through a portal of Lunellas own creation.
- Adaptation Expansion: Lunellas extended family, namely her grandparents, as well as friends from her school, are introduced in the series. They can be seen in the music featurette and trailer.
- Age Lift: Lunella was nine years old in the comics. According to the trailer, shes thirteen here.
- All Animals Are Dogs: Devil Dinosaur shows these traits in the Comic Con sneak peak, including licking Lunella like a dog.
- Animesque: The Comic Con sneak peak shows off that the series will have a number of anime-like expressions, such as the face Casey makes when her phone is knocked out of her hand.
- Big Applesauce: A shot in the sneak preview shows Lunella looking out over New York, specifically the Lower East Side. Naturally. This is Marvel, after all.
- Canon Foreigner: The series includes some new characters who do not originate from the comics, such as Casey and some new super villains who can be glimpsed in the series poster.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: Diamond White (Lunella) performs the theme song, as confirmed by the music featurette.
- Expressive Mask: Lunellas goggles are shown in previews to have slots designed to imitate her eyebrows and eyelids.
- Joisey: "The Armpit of America" variety. In the teaser, Lunella states she needs to protect the Lower East Side from supervillains or else she'll need to move to New Jersey.
- Phoneaholic Teenager: All previews and the teaser show Casey as always holding her phone with her.
- Red Boxing Gloves: As seen in the Comic Con preview, Lunella has these in her arsenal. She can even launch them like rockets.
- Rollerblade Good: The sneak peak and theme song shows Lunella fighting off Faceless Mooks on a pair of roller skates.
- Superman Stays Out of Gotham: According to the teaser, the Avengers do exist, but they apparently don't protect "below 14th Street".
- Teen Genius: According to the Comic Con sneak peek, Lunella is smart enough to modify a security system to blast intruders with blue goo.