The Griffon & Kryuger Security Firm is a Private Military Contractor dedicated to using T-Dolls in defending and reclaiming human habitats from rogue T-Dolls of the Sangvis Ferri.
The CommanderThe player character. A freshly minted commander assigned to area S09.
- Ambiguous Gender: A hard one to nail down due to their gender's disparity between the official manga, the game itself, and various other supplementary materials. While the Commander is ostensibly male in the game, associated 4-koma and anime adaptation, if the way T-Dolls address them is any indication, the (also-)official manga depicts them as an absurdly-young woman. To make this all the more confusing, all three depictions are canon.
- Determinator: Even though he gets tortured over and over again during Continuum Turbulence, the Commander endures long enough for UMP45 and HK416 mount a rescue operation.
- Depending on the Artist: The Commander is either a man or a woman, young or old and looks beautiful, handsome, cute or dorky depending on the artist. The most commonly-seen depiction of the Commander is the short, Super-Deformed man illustrated by MADCORE, which is canon as far as the upcoming anime adaptation is concerned.
- Ensign Newbie: Despite being a relatively new face at the start of the game, the Commander quickly found themselves in command of a lot more experienced T-Dolls like the AR Team. Subverted in that many of the squads under their command to come to like the Commander. In the manga, Commander Gentiane is revealed to be 22 years old, which is rather young for someone who controls an entire military base.
- Featureless Protagonist: The Commander is implied to be male, but there is no other information about their appearance. This is subverted in the official manga where the Commander is revealed to be a young woman.
- Floral Theme Naming: Her name, Gentiane, comes from the Gentianaceae floral family.
- Named by the Adaptation: In the official manga, the Commander is a young woman named Gentiane.
- Nice Guy: From what we can infer from the cafe stories and later chapters of the plot, the Commander clearly cares about those serving alongside them, be they fellow humans or T-Dolls.
- Non-Entity General: You don't get to see the commander's face. This is increasingly downplayed as more chapters are released, as the Commander takes a more visible role in the plot, even gaining dialogue options in Continuum Turbulence, and this is entirely averted with the official manga, which depicts the Commander as a young woman.
- Porn Stash: Implied to have one in USP Compact's post-Oath line.
- Super-Deformed: Also played for laughs. The Commander is depicted as a short, rotund uniformed man with white hair and monocle in the official 4-koma by MADCORE, where his assigned personality is Jerkass more often than not. It is said that this doesn't accurately reflect his character in the game itself, however, since A Commander Is You.
HelianA senior commanding officer who directs and oversees the Commander's activities.
- Armchair Military: She is seeing during Operation Cube relaying orders to 404 squad in her own office, sitting in an ornate chair, reading reports from a notepad while drinking a hot cup of tea.
- Christmas Cake: She's worried about still being single despite her, uh, "significant" age. Kalina reveals that she secretly attends mixers as a result, something that Helian does not take well.
- Floral Theme Naming: Helianthus is the Latin name for sunflowers.
- High-Class Glass: Wears a single monocle to signify her senior status.
- Voiced by: Nao Touyama
- Absolute Cleavage: Her original artwork shows her with the top two buttons of her shirt undone, which also reveals her bra underneath. Averted with the censored and Live2D versions of her artwork where she wears a black undershirt.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Don't let her money-grubbing tendencies fool you. For all of her quirks, Kalina is a very talented woman since not only is she responsible for the logistics in your base, she's also implied to be the one making up all the Combat Simulations. She even gears up for battle during the events of Continuum Turbulence and it's implied that she has a history as a frontline soldier herself.
- Bridge Bunnies: A cheerful girl who runs the shop, writes battle reports and optionally, serves as your secretary.
- Floral Theme Naming: Named after the Slavic word for Viburnum.
- Goggles Do Nothing: She always has a pair of glasses on her head, no matter what costume, but never over her eyes.
- Money Fetish: Downplayed. Many, if not all, of her dialogue in the store is to goad you to spend money. Her eyes even turn into dollar signs in one of her Live2D animations. She, however, says that she doesn't like money all that much, she just like other things even less.
- Genki Girl: She's incredibly upbeat, no matter what the situation is at hand.
Berezovich KryugerThe Russian founder and head of the Security Firm.
- Coat Cape: He wears his coat without putting his arms through the sleeves, a sign that he's a military leader.
- Floral Theme Naming: In Russian, Berezovich is derived from Berëza or Beryoza, which means birch tree.
- Hunk: Even as a senior officer, Kruyger is seriously jacked. Best shown in the limited-time summer log in screen.
- Retired Badass: Used to serve in the military during World War III. The trauma he experienced during this time led him to push for peace and found Griffon & Kryuger.
- Scars Are Forever: Sports several scars across his body and face, likely from his time in the military.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it Kruger, Kruyger, Kryuger, or Krüger?
- The One Guy: While there are several male characters in the official settings note , Kruger is the only male character shown on screen. Averted later on as more and more male characters are introduced, though he still remains the sole appearing male in G&K cast.
Persica / PersicariaThe head (and sole member) of 16LAB and a former 90wish member, Persica is the developer of the Advance Statistic Session Tool system.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Looking at her, it's hard to imagine that she is one of the people responsible for the Tactical Dolls under your command.
- Exhausted Eye Bags: Sports these in her official illustration.
- Floral Theme Naming: Persicaria is shared with a genus of knotweed. Meanwhile, Persica is shared with the scientific name for peaches (Prunus persica).
- Little Bit Beastly: She appears to have Cat Ears on her head. It is unclear whether it's fake, prosthetics or real.
- Motherly Scientist: Treats the Anti-Rain Team like her daughters, even hugging M4 after the latter woke up from a coma.
- Must Have Caffeine: Apparently, she's very fond of the drink. Persica promises to treat the Commander for some, but if Helian's comment is any indication, her coffee isn't very good.
WeltkinsFounder and executive president of IOP Manufacturing Company.
MikhachiWeltkin's close friend and research partner.
- Armies Are Evil: They're perfectly willing to stab G&K in the back just to further their own goals.
- Gratuitous Russian: On a very technical level, KCCO is a literal Latin "transcription" of the Cyrillic characters "КССО". The faction's name in Russian is командование сил специальных операций, which transliterates to komandovanie sil specialʹnyh operacij, meaning that a transliterated acronym should actually be KSSO.
- Hack Your Enemy: Some KCCO units are abandoned on the field, and these units can be hijacked by approaching them within the detection range or taking over a radar node.
- Mêlée à Trois: They serve as the third faction in the conflict between Griffon & Kryuger and Sangvis Ferri, and their units would attack both your Tactical Dolls and Sangvis Ferri units.
- Theme Naming: All of their units are named after monsters from Classical Mythology.
- A Father to His Men: It's made clear that Yegor values the lives of his subordinates. He seeks revenge against Angelica because she was the one who gave M4A1 the order to detonate the Collapse Fluid container, which killed a large number of his soldiers. Angie later exploits this, threatening him with another Collapse Fluid explosion that will wipe out the rest of his men.
- The Heavy: Yegor is far more of a direct threat than Carter. He is the one who shot RO635 and pursued Angie, among other things.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: On the other hand, he doesn't value the lives of Griffon & Kyruger Tactical Dolls, and only sees them as expendable tools.
- Spider Tank: Like the Manticore.
- Chicken Walker
- Giant Mook: While the chibi is around the size of the T-dolls, a CG reveals that they're way bigger than expected, about two stories tall.
- Artificial Stupidity: After you get close enough that they cannot shoot you with their main gun, do they back up to increase the distance? No, they'll just sit there and wait as your single handgun slowly chips away at their health.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: Has a charge-up time, which is your only saving grace against them.
- Hover Tank
- Logical Weakness: Their only weapon is the beam cannon and if you get close enough, it cannot depress it to shoot close targets. Team 404 try to exploit this. All it gets them is a heavily damaged UMP 45.
A mysterious faction consisting of humanoid dolls who look all the same, seemingly led by a mysterious figure they call "Father". They play a central role in the Continuum Turbulence event where they kidnap and interrogate the Commander. It is implied that they are connected to 90wish in some ways.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: K explains that the humans inside White Faction's units are long dead. What really drives their machines are their "faith".
- K: "When people in despair glimpse hope, their desire to survive generates tremendous energy. And that energy is all too easily used."
- Cult: With their recruitment method and units being powered by the faith of the people, RO can't help but to call them a cult. K agrees with her assessment.
- Cyborg: In contrast to G&K/SF dolls (whose appearances are meant to replicate human beings) and KCCO units (who eschews lifelike exteriors in favor of utilitarian designs), several the White Faction units combine human-like features with overt mechanical parts. It was later revealed that they are partially made from real human beings.
- La Résistance: The human members style themselves as this. They believe that the world governments are abandoning the people living in less-protected areas, and are willing to take any measure in order to pursue their goals. In reality, they are just as much puppets as the robotic units.
- Human Resources: They recruit followers by promising salvation for the ELID-stricken people who live in Red and Yellow Zones. The less-lucky ones are chopped up and have their remains crammed inside war machines.
- Outside-Context Problem: They have no bearing in the Sangvis insurrection at all, with their first appearance during Continuum Turbulence having very little foreshadowing. Even their true motives are still shrouded in mystery.
- Technologically Advanced Foe: Downplayed in that some of their technologies (such as Deflector Shields) are also fielded by other factions, but the White Faction makes a far more liberal use of superior versions of those technologies.
- Theme Naming: Their mooks are named after Medieval European military units. With the exception of the Strelet, however, every other name is a Non-Indicative Name, since they're all ranged units, while their namesakes are almost exclusively melee combatants.
- Unusual Euphemism: The Nytos in Isomer refers to ELID infectees as the "baptized".
- Western Terrorists: During Operation Isomer, they orchestrated an attack on a peace summit held by the UN and Soviet Republic, which was quickly thwarted by government agents. This was a decoy for their real attack, however, which involves breaching they city's walls and letting ELID rampage among the streets.
- Artificial Stupidity: They have a tendency to attack the Drone unit deployed by the Taunt Fairy first before going after the rest of your units, which mean that if you have the Taunt Fairy, you can move your units away from the middle row and watch them wasting their time attacking the Drone fruitlessly, slowing awaiting to be destroyed.
- Deflector Shields: They are geared with an energy shield that can deflect bullets, similar to the one used by MP5, Thompson and Shield Fairy. In order to destroy their shield, you need to bring your heavy artillery squad to bombard them.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: They can fire a laser beam with the rifle on their right hand, hitting multiple units caught in the row.
- Grenade Spam: They can spam grenades in a similar fashion to Destroyer while bombarding the field like the Jaguar.
- Guns Akimbo: They sport a heavy cannon on each arm that they fire in alternating volleys at the player's formation.
- Mini-Mecha: Doppelsoldners tower over other Paradeus units, and they have the toughness, firepower, and speed to match.
- Odd Name Out: They are the only non-boss White Faction units to be named after cavalry, whereas the namesakes of the other known types are all infantry.
- Ramming Always Works: They often try to ram against your units.
Nyto Obelisk / Nyto Black
One of the two Nyto boss units debuted in the Continuum Turbulence event, Nyto Obelisk carries a scoped assault rifle.
- Crosshair Aware: Whenever she uses her skill "Nyto Obelisk" to fire a grenade at you, the map will be gradually marked with a crosshair at the center, then five crosshairs in a "plus sign" pattern, and finally, nine crosshairs covering your whole space. In order to stop her from firing her grenade, you need to destroy her deflector shield and stagger her within a set period of time.
- Deflector Shields: She is geared with an energy shield that can deflect bullets, similar to the one used by MP5, Thompson and Shield Fairy. In order to destroy her shield, you need to bring your heavy artillery squad to bombard her.
- Torture Technician: They are the ones who torture the Commander during Continuum Turbulence. Perhaps to the degree of Crippling Overspecialization, as both the Commander and Angelica kill several of them using mere pistols.
- Weapon of Choice: She carries a scoped assault rifle when she fights against you.
Nyto Polarday / Nyto White
- Jerkass: She berates Nyto Obelisk for failing her objectives and generally considers her to be inferior.
- Sinister Scythe: She carries a scythe when she fights against you.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: According to her lines, Polarday seems to place earning her "Father"'s respect over all else.
Mercurows / Nyto Silver
- Combat Tentacles: Those oversized sleeves of hers actually conceal a pair of robotic tentacles. These can be extended at will to grab and impale targets, but can also be used to shoot projectiles.
- Cultured Badass: She's enjoys using poetic language and quoting excerpts from literature, in particular Handel's Messiah and various works of Jorge Luis Borges.
Nimogen / Nyto Gold
- Our Zombies Are Different: Of the Technically Living Zombie variety. They are simply regular humans mutated by Collapse Fluid.
- Stronger with Age: Codename: Bakery Girl shows that very old ELID infectee are nearly immune against conventional weapons. Thankfully, the ones encountered in Continuum Turbulence are only several hours old.
Zombie 1Undead KCCO personnel in a black uniform, they don't have any weapon.
Zombie 2Undead KCCO personnel in a tan uniform, they are armed with an assault rifle.
SmasherBoss zombie unit, a gigantic, muscular zombie unit capable of spreading ELID with his movesets.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The Smasher is currently the tallest humanoid unit, it even towers over the Doppelsoldner.
Fire Support Teams
- Badass Crew: A team of specialized T-Dolls working in unison to operate a crew-served weapon.
- The Dividual: They technically are one T-Doll networked between 3 or more bodies, with none of them being a main or central one.
- Glass Cannon: Exagerated. They deal immense amounts of damage, with their use being prohibitely expensive for any enemy unit that is not the toughest of toughest. They also immediately disband if enemy manages to get in direct contact with them.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Their specialty. Each of their weapons spew explosive payloads, which can damage multiple enemies per salvo.
- Support Party Member: It's right there in the name. A regular T-Doll echelon will vastly outperform them in raw damage output. Their most valuable roles are to disable the White Faction's shields and destroy enemy fire support from afar.
- Anti-Vehicle: With a piercing stat of 400, their missiles are especially effective against enemy tanks.
- Fun with Acronyms: TOW stands for Tube-launched, Optically-tracked, Wire-guided.
- Punny Name: The names of the three dolls that operate the AGS are Alina, Galina, and Sonya.
- Long-Range Fighter: The only Fire Support Team that can fire from three nodes away.
Saab Bofors Dynamics AT4
Seele & DeeleA pair of siblings hired by 404 Squad to act as their maintenance personnel.
- Teen Genius: Both of them are, but Deele especially. He is the one trusted with repairing UMP45's wreck of a body. Not only he pulled this off with limited tools and materials, he also crammed so many upgrades on her that it ended up as UMP45's MOD 3.
- Artificial Limbs: Her left arm and right leg are prosthetics.
- Batman Gambit: In the Continuum Turbulence event, she baited Yegor into confronting her alone, knowing that he is far too focused on getting revenge on her, and then revealing that she had planted numerous explosives all around the building they're in. Yegor doesn't flinch, at which point Angie reveals that she also planted another Collapse Fluid container among the bombs, which will vaporize everything in a 3 kilometer radius, including what remains of Yegor forces stationed outside the building. It takes her a while until she talks Yegor into surrendering. Turns out the Collapse Fluid container doesn't exist, and the bombs aren't even rigged with detonators. When Yegor realizes this, the rest of his forces have already evacuated the area.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it Angelica, Angelique, Angelina, or Angelia?
- Zombie Infectee: She was exposed to Collapse Fluid fallout after the events of Singularity. The third part of Continuum Turbulence shows her rapidly deteriorating condition, to the point she needs an adrenaline shot to the heart just to stay awake, but she was rescued quickly enough for her infection to be treated.
KAn Information Broker. He is the target of SOP II and RO635's mission in Belgrade.
- Aloof Ally: During Isomer. His goals are aligned with the Commander, but he isn't shy in telling the Commander that he is not irreplaceable.
- Body Double: Has a specialized doll model that can mimic his features down to the smallest details. This is how he managed to escape from the White Faction's assassins.
- Crazy-Prepared: As befitting a secretive individual. Not only the maid dolls under his command are modded with Super Speed and Super Reflexes, their digiminds are bolstered with plenty of electronic warfare defenses, and should that fails, he also implanted a self-destruct command into them. Even the little shack he ostensibly operates from has a secret exit into Belgrade's sewer system, where he had weapon stashes and traps planted all over the place.
- Mission Control: Serves as this during Operation Isomer.
MahoroK's maid doll.
- Artist:Voiced by:
- Stone Wall: When summoned by Taunt Fairy, they serve as a decoy for you, soaking up bullets from Sangvis Ferri units. Their health also scales with the skill level of your Taunt Fairy, meaning that if it's sufficiently upgraded, it can soak up several hits from the Jupiter, allowing you to shred them when the cannons are still active. It can also distract the Rodelero and tank its laser beam, allowing you to move your units away from the middle row and watch the Rodelero wasting its time attacking the Drone.
- Training Dummy: Their primary purpose is to be used for target practice.