T-Dolls & Fairies: Handguns (HG) | Submachine Guns (SMG) | Assault Rifles (AR) | Rifles (RF) | Machine Guns (MG) | Shotguns (SG) | Fairies | Heavy Ordnance Corps
Factions: Griffon & Kryuger Security | Sangvis Ferri | Other enemy factions
The Griffon & Kryuger Security Firm is a Private Military Contractor dedicated to using T-Dolls in defending and reclaiming human habitats from rogue T-Dolls of the Sangvis Ferri.
The player character. A freshly minted commander assigned to area S09.
- Ambiguous Gender: A hard one to nail down due to their gender's disparity between the official manga, the game itself, and various other supplementary materials.
- The Commander is ostensibly male in the game, associated 4-koma and anime adaptation, if the way T-Dolls address them is any indication.
- At the same time, the (also-)official manga depicts them as an absurdly-young woman named Gentiane, as shown below. To make this all the more confusing, Gentiane and the male commanders are all canon.
- Played With with the introduction of Commander's Closet. The default Commander appearance has them wearing a unisex coat and face-concealing gas mask. You can then set your gender to be male, female, or keep it as ???. Furthermore, no clothing option is gender-locked, meaning the player is free to crossdress as they please.
- Character Customization: The Commander's Closet system allows you to fully customize the Commander's appearance.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: The tutorial frames "looting" T-Dolls as rescuing them. This gets lampshaded near the end of chapter 1 of Operation Singularity — Task Force DEFY gets to witness the Commander doing their thing even with Sangvis Ferri and the military barreling down on them. Kalina even notes that not doing so "just isn't our style". This gets them nearly killed at the end of Singularity chapter 2, when Agent manages to catch them in a trap while they're running around helping abandoned T-Dolls retreat from the battlefield.
- Determinator: Even though he gets tortured over and over again during Continuum Turbulence, the Commander endures long enough for UMP45 and HK416 mount a rescue operation.
- Depending on the Artist: The Commander is either a man or a woman, young or old and looks beautiful, handsome, cute or dorky depending on the artist. The most commonly-seen depiction of the Commander is the short, Super-Deformed man illustrated by MADCORE, which is canon as far as the upcoming anime adaptation is concerned.
- Ensign Newbie: Despite being a relatively new face at the start of the game, the Commander quickly found themselves in command of a lot more experienced T-Dolls like the AR Team. Subverted in that many of the squads under their command to come to like the Commander. In the manga, the Commanders shown so far are no older than 25 years old, which is rather young for people who control an entire military base.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Simply known as "Commander", or alternatively "Griffon Commander" by Sangvis Ferri ringleaders.
- Gas Mask, Longcoat: This is the default Commander attire.
- Hero of Another Story: Operation Singularity, in which Task Force DEFY are the main stars while the Commander and their G&K T-Dolls are kicking ass elsewhere.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: The default male and female heads both feature these.
- Named by the Adaptation: In the official manga, the Commander is a young woman named Gentiane.
- Nice Guy: From what we can infer from the cafe stories and later chapters of the plot, the Commander clearly cares about those serving alongside them, be they fellow humans or T-Dolls.
- Nice Hat: One of the default customization options is a red beret with G&K logo emblazoned on it.
- Non-Entity General: You don't get to see the commander's face. This is increasingly downplayed as more chapters are released, as the Commander takes a more visible role in the plot, even gaining dialogue options in Continuum Turbulence. By Shattered Connexion (three years after the game launched), the Commander finally makes an explicit appearance through the Commander's Closet system.
- Averted with the official manga, which depicts several commanders with distinct appearances
- Porn Stash: Implied to have one in USP Compact's post-Oath line.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: Gender doesn't affect Commander skills or even what kind of outfits they can wear.
- Super-Deformed: Also played for laughs. The Commander is depicted as a short, rotund uniformed man with white hair and monocle in the official 4-koma by MADCORE, where his assigned personality is Jerkass more often than not. It is said that this doesn't accurately reflect his character in the game itself, however, since A Commander Is You.
Commander of Base 794. She is meant to represent the Player Character in the official manga.
- A Mother to Her Men: Despite her aloof appearance, she does care for the dolls under her command.Gentiane: "I'm not standing in front of the command console to watch them become piles of scrap. Dolls might not die as easily as fragile humans, but I still want them to come back unharmed. Especially you... M4."
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Despite being lazy, Gentiane is a capable commander when she takes things seriously as shown during a simulation battle with Commander Kamolov where she defeats the latter's forces after getting to know the new T-Dolls under her command and using whatever skills or advantages they have to good use.
- Establishing Character Moment: Her first scene has her being beaten up by G36 for oversleeping, begging the T-Doll to let her sleep more, and then introducing herself in a curt and professional manner to M4A1. Even M4A1 balks at the idea that she is a commander.
- Floral Theme Naming: Her name comes from the Gentianaceae floral family.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is brownish-gray with red tips.
Commander of Base 601.
- Handsome Lech: Downplayed, but the first thing he does when meeting Gentiane in person is to flirt with her.
- Long-Range Fighter: He seems to specialize in long-range fire support, given that the dolls he is shown commanding are RFs, and he uses an M14 EBR when fighting alongside them.
- Otaku: As Chapter 8 shows, his personal quarters is decorated with anime figurines and posters.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Certain scenes render his glasses like this.
Feodor Kamolovich Kamolov
Commander of Base 737.
- Gatling Good: He uses a man-portable minigun when repelling SF units from the Griffin secret base.
- Husky Russkie: At 195 cm, he towers over Gentiane and Jun Shi, and the support unit he brings during the assault on Sangvis base consists of Russian MG T-Dolls.
- It Has Been an Honor: When he and the other commanders are cornered by Sangvis attack on the secret G&K meeting. Everyone else is less than pleased.Kamolov: "Comrades! I am deeply honored to have been able to struggle alongside you all to the bitter end!"
Jun Shi, Gentiane, Kawasaki: "SHUT UP!"
- Oblivious to Love: Is oblivious when his T-Doll PPK tells him to become her slave.
- Younger Than They Look: Would you believe that he's supposed to be 23?
A senior commanding officer who directs and oversees the Commander's activities.
- Armchair Military: She is seeing during Operation Cube relaying orders to 404 squad in her own office, sitting in an ornate chair, reading reports from a notepad while drinking a hot cup of tea.
- Christmas Cake: She's worried about still being single despite her, uh, "significant" age. Kalina reveals that she secretly attends mixers as a result, something that Helian does not take well. Apparently, not even those help — one of the random events a city expedition team can encounter is bribing a bartender for info, who then whispers to the T-Doll that "Helian's last blind date was a failure".
- Floral Theme Naming: Helianthus is the Latin name for sunflowers.
- High-Class Glass: Wears a single monocle to signify her senior status.
- You Are in Command Now: After Kryuger's arrest during the events of Singularity, Helian is now in charge of Griffin PMC.
- Voiced by: Nao Touyama
- Absolute Cleavage: Her original artwork shows her with the top two buttons of her shirt undone, which also reveals her bra underneath. Averted with the censored and Live2D versions of her artwork where she wears a black undershirt.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Don't let her money-grubbing tendencies fool you. For all of her quirks, Kalina is a very talented woman since not only is she responsible for the logistics in your base, she's also implied to be the one making up all the Combat Simulations. She even gears up for battle during the events of Continuum Turbulence and it's implied that she has a history as a frontline soldier herself.
- Bridge Bunnies: A cheerful girl who runs the shop, writes battle reports and optionally, serves as your secretary.
- Floral Theme Naming: Named after the Slavic word for Viburnum.
- Goggles Do Nothing: She always has a pair of glasses on her head, no matter what costume, but never over her eyes.
- Money Fetish: Downplayed. Many, if not all, of her dialogue in the store is to goad you to spend money. Her eyes even turn into dollar signs in one of her Live2D animations. She, however, says that she doesn't like money all that much, she just like other things even less.
- Genki Girl: She's incredibly upbeat, no matter what the situation is at hand.
The Russian co-founder and head of the Security Firm.
- A Father to His Men: It's highly implied that the reason he agreed to found G&K in the first place is because he's sick of watching his subordinates die.
- Coat Cape: He wears his coat without putting his arms through the sleeves, a sign that he's a military leader.
- Floral Theme Naming: In Russian, Berezovich is derived from Berëza or Beryoza, which means birch tree.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He allows himself to be arrested by the Military for false charges of treason after KCCO turn on Griffin PMC during the events of Chapter 10 and Singularity to ensure the rest of the Commanders, T-dolls and staff of Griffin won't get blamed as well.
- Hunk: Even as a senior officer, Kruyger is seriously jacked. Best shown in the limited-time summer log in screen.
- Retired Badass: Served with the New Soviet Union's Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD), and was chosen to lead a group of mercenaries to rescue Persica during the Third World Warnote . The trauma he experienced during this time led him to push for peace and found Griffon & Kryuger.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: During the attack on G&K's secret base, he is shown with what appears to be a Colt Python as one of his sidearms.
- Scars Are Forever: Sports several scars across his body and face, likely from his time in the military.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it Kruger, Kruyger, Kryuger, or Krüger?
- The One Guy: While there are several male characters in the official settings note , Kruger is the only male character shown on screen. Averted later on as more and more male characters are introduced, though he still remains the sole appearing male in G&K cast.
GriffinCo-founder of G&K and an old friend of Kryuger.
- Mysterious Backer: There's not a whole lot of information about him, but without his involvement, G&K as we know it won't exist.
Persica / Persicaria
The head (and sole member) of 16LAB and a former 90wish member, Persica is the developer of the Advance Statistic Session Tool system.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Looking at her, it's hard to imagine that she is one of the people responsible for the Tactical Dolls under your command. It's not that she is lazy in a traditional sense, mind, rather she's far too focused on her research to bother with anything else.
- Exhausted Eye Bags: Sports these in her official illustration.
- Floral Theme Naming: Persicaria is shared with a genus of knotweed. Meanwhile, Persica is shared with the scientific name for peaches (Prunus persica).
- Little Bit Beastly: She appears to have Cat Ears on her head. It is unclear whether it's fake, prosthetics or real.
- Motherly Scientist: Treats the Anti-Rain Team like her daughters, even hugging M4 after the latter woke up from a coma.
- Must Have Caffeine: Apparently, she's very fond of the drink. Persica promises to treat the Commander for some, but if Helian's comment is any indication, her coffee isn't very good.