Character page for Anima Solus.
- Expressive Hair: When people draw him, his hair frequently conveys his emotions.
Beatrix had a relatively normal childhood, living with her parents and sister in Suburbia. When she was thirteen, Beatrix's twin sister was involved in a car accident and died. Unable to cope with the grief, Beatrix buried herself in her then-budding career in modelling. She made her wish shortly after her twin's death.
She often hangs out with her older cousin, Vittoria— 'Tori' and her childhood friend Jason.
- Berserk Button: The topic of Beatrix's twin sister Rebecca is one of the few triggers for her temper— which can range from either mild anger and sarcasm to a volatile rage.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Normally, Beatrix is outwardly happy and easygoing, but can be unexpectedly aggressive in battle.
- Death by Origin Story: Her younger twin died in a car crash, which is Beatrix's main motivation for her wish.
- Dysfunctional Family: Does not get along at all with her mother.
- The Gadfly: She likes to push people's buttons, and sometimes can actively antagonize someone to see their reaction. However, Beatrix does not go so far as to bully others, and is generally respectful to everyone (except her mother).
- In-Series Nickname: Beatrix prefers to be called 'Bea'.
- Sarcasm Mode: Usually only present when needling other people.
Capria is a seemingly ordinary sophomore in college. It is for this very reason that she became a Magi. For the most part, she finds life extremely boring. She made her wish out of a desire to make her life interesting. Despite this, she is good-natured and laid back, almost to the point of indifference.
Capria really doesn't distinguish between friends and enemies, rather, she treats everyone she comes across with decency and expects the same in return. Her height makes her a good big sister character, and she is willing to go Mama Bear on people who hurt her "siblings" for any reason; she will, however, deliver said punishment with her usual deadpan expression.
- Big Eater: Capria seems to always be eating, though is not a glutton by any stretch of the imagination.
- The Chessmaster: Capria is on the college chess team, claiming it as her "sport" after quitting the Volleyball Team. In battle, she tends to account for many different possiblities and plans accordingly.
- The Generic Girl: The reason that she became a Magical Girl. She's an ordinary sophomore with no traumatic past, no mental disorders, nothing, to the point of describing herself as boring.
- Gentle Giant: Capria is the tallest female character in the roleplay. She's also one of the least crazy.
- Girlish Pigtails: In her Magi form. She's not too fond of them.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is derived from Capricorn, which is also her astrological symbol. Her last name, Lunas, denotes the moon, which is Capricorn's detriment.
- Heroic Second Wind: Amazon Mode, a special state that she enters after experiencing extreme amounts of pain or emotional strain, is basically the point where she says screw logic and emotion and attacks full-throttle.
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: Capria has yet to be shipped with anyone, which is quite the feat all things considered.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Her eyes turn red in Amazon Mode.
There are a number of mysterious people in this world. Some keep their mystery hidden behind a facade of normality, and some parade it off to the world by sporting a very noticeable demonic mask and hat while wearing as many layers of clothes as possible. Cecil is the latter.
Cecil has an odd curiosity with Orion, going as far as to mask her gender just to be able to communicate with him. Either there is something she isn't telling us, or she just wants to try and befriend someone as socially awkward as her.
- Girlish Pigtails: Hiding under her hat.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: She just wants to have friends, and tried to model herself into a 'cool' person to achieve it.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: She's condescending and aggressive, and grills others on how they 'should' be reacting to her 'coolness'. It's obvious that she's forcing this behaviour to shape herself into someone she's not.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: She disguises herself as a male because of Orion. Exactly why that is, we don't know. Assumed because Orion can't talk to girls.
- White Mask of Doom: Though Cecil seems pretty innocent, the mask is kind of freaky.
Born to a workaholic mother and a stay at home, reclusive father; Chartreuse often found herself playing in a world of fantasy. Her family use to go on excursions to many places when she was younger and one of her fondest memories was the circus. The circus became her obsession and ultimate dream.
As she grew up, unlike most children, her fantasy world did not leave her nor did her fantasy friends. Although she is a creative and free-hearted spirit, she is also extremely far gone. Delving into her mind, she sees the world as she wants it to be, that of Knights, Kings, Queens, Dwarfs, Fairies, and so on, therefore making her a hard character to socialize with.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She's creative and incredibly eccentric, living in her own world and seeing the real one through a warped lens.
- Faux Affably Evil: During battle she is heartless but playful. She will play it nice and try to converse with her enemy, and even help them to a certain point, but when it's down to the end of the line, she will do whatever it takes to come out on top.
- Friendly Enemy: She may kill you without caring but she does have respect for her opponents and treats them fairly kind until, you know, she kills you.
- Lack of Empathy: Never meet up with her on the battlefield. You won't be able to appeal to her better nature because she doesn't have one.
- Mr. Imagination: She created her own world of make-believe due to her parent's neglect, which has become so vibrant that she's lost herself in it.
- Parental Neglect: Chartreuse spent most of her time in her own world, since her parents were a workaholic and a recluse who didn't pay her attention.
A sweet, optimistic, somewhat naive girl who wants to help others and help make the world a better place. Being a Magi seemed like a viable option to fulfill that want. Too bad being Magi is suffering.
- Memento MacGuffin: Her phone charm was a gift from Allison before she moved out of town.
- Nice Girl: She can't even bring herself to really completely hate Mephiste.
- Solar and Lunar: Represented by the sun while her old friend Allison (an unimplemented Magi) is represented by the moon. Reinforced by her Solus Gem taking the form of a sunburst, and by her sun and moon phone charm.
Corin has been idolized ever since she was little because of her height and boyish good looks. The girls in her class treated her as an object, the "prince" of their grade. The boys in the school also dislike Corin because of this. Although Corin wanted to make friends, the girls in the class never attempted to get close with her. They fawned over her as one would over a kitten. In turn, Corin did the best she could to please them and keep them happy, though she secretly hated how they treated her like a boy.
Corin wants to be a normal, cute girl, so that she can make friends and so that her childhood friend will finally notice her.
- Bifauxnen: Though unintentional, many people mistake Corin for a male because of her pretty boy looks.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Averted. Corin had one childhood friend, who was the only one who treated her like a girl rather than a "prince". Corin quickly developed a large crush on him, but was devastated when she overheard that he only liked "cute" girls.
- Crazy Cat Lady: Her cat's name is "Princess Nyako" and Corin dotes on her excessively.
- Fangirl: Corin is an avid fan of her favorite romance series.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: She tries to make up for the fact that she isn't girly as the other girls in the class by acting tougher for them.
- Meaningful Name: Corin means spear. Guess what weapon she uses. Also, Corin is a unisex name, so it does nothing to distinguish her gender for others.
- Eating Lunch Alone: Or, well, used to. Jackie and Scott soon saw to that. The stairs are now vacated, if anyone's looking for a sweet spot to sit.
- Hallucinations: She experiences voices and visions, and the wish she makes to become a Magi is for them to stop.
- No Social Skills: If there was ever a person who carried around a book with conversation topics in it for smalltalk, that person was Elinor.
Freya Euxine Callisto R. Nifleheim
- Action Girl: She is the only Rank 1 Female Magi, after all.
- Big Eater: Her Magi wish is to devour everything, and her appetite is nothing to sneeze at.
A nice girl with a capacity for great patience and understanding, she also enjoys poorly written rap music.
- Is This What Anger Feels Like?: Pushed too far and she’ll go berserk with repressed anger over her trauma.
- Loony Fan: Runs a tumblr devoted to her favorite model, Bea.
- Parental Substitute: Currently raising her nephew.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Can hold her own in Forlorn battles, but only made it to the doorstep of Pier’s rager party.
- You Taught Me That: Misunderstanding her grandmother has her going down a path where she assumes friendships are only achieved through endless giving of herself.
Mikael is one of the lesser known magi as he does not stand out nor does he particularly want to stand out. Generally passive, he's not too much of a threat since he's much too apathetic to do anything else. Usually misses out general events since he's either lost or asleep or both.
As far as obtaining his wish, this university freshman is more than happy to quietly amass aurora without attention. It would just be easier for all of us if you forgot about him.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Won't go out of his way unless he has to. Despite his casual methods, he is more than efficient in a fight.
- Dirty Coward: As neutral as he may come across, his life comes first and survival is absolute key.
- Dysfunctional Family: Cancer brother, bitch sister, plastic surgery perfection mum, and terrified of daddy dearest.
- Extreme Doormat: A huge pushover, it's more than likely that he will offer compliance without complaint.
- The Generic Guy: No need to read on, this sums him up.
- Improbable Weapon User: He uses paper lanterns when he fights.
- Starving Student: Always working to pay for something, which is linked to the fact that he Forgets to Eat.
Outside of Magi duties, Orion is a completely normal boy. A bit quiet, he generally seems like your typical high school student. Sometimes he cracks a concerning smile every now and again, but it's not evidence enough to make you think he's some kind of insane scythe-wielding mass murderer.
Of course though, when he transforms, that suspicion comes true. He loses most traces of his former being and becomes a brainwashed murdering machine. Once he finishes his duty (or dies), he reverts back to normal and has only a twisted recollection of the episode.
He also can't talk to girls.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: In his mind he harbors some concerning thoughts (but nothing as brutal as like what his Magi self would ponder about), and he has no problem betraying people for his own benefit.
- Combat Sadomasochist: The slight of blood (his own or otherwise) sends him into a fit of maniacal laughter, and the only thing that satisfies him is some form of pain either on his end or the other.
- Manchild: Even though he is riddled with malicious intent, he is a very childish teenager and finds amusement in cartoons and things directed towards the younger audience. Towards people he is comfortable around, he just comes off as plain naive and silly.
- Manipulative Bastard: He is manipulative and only makes certain social connections based on the benefit he will receive.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Since he's pretty normal when he's not a Magi, it's assumed his craziness came with his Magi powers.
Piers is a hot-headed, aggressive red-head with a hairband being his more defining feature. He's also known to have horrible luck, and an affinity for having those he cares about end up in horrible situations, which is how his wish came about in the first place. On a less serious note, he is known for dying first in completely unorthodox ways, cross dressing, being generally the butt of all the jokes OOC, setting fire to shit, and being assaulted by everyone.
- Anime Hair: Not even his own creator knows how it works.
- Butt-Monkey: Notorious for dying first, in unsuspecting ways, or both.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Piers has been cooking for himself since high school, and makes some decent food. It's just that everything ends up being inhumanely spicy because that's just the way Piers likes his food.
- Dragged into Drag: Portrayed as a crossdresser in out-of-character events, such as April Fools.
- Fiery Redhead: Somewhat literally, since he can summon flames and he's been drawn on fire several times.
- How Is That Even Possible?: He questions almost everything magical that happens. Even when he becomes a magi, he still questions the plausibility of weird shit happening.
- Punny Name: Not the worst case of this by far, but his name is commonly used in puns with "pear, pears, pair, pier, peer, and pierce".
- Stopped Caring: After a while, Piers just welcomed all the bullshit that ensued from being a magi.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: This magi comes off as abrasive and rude on the surface, but underneath he really just never wants to be alone, and is both sympathetic and a great shoulder to lean on.
- Undignified Death: Examples include being impaled by whale piss, and by being thrown multiple times at a giant poisonous monster engulfing the city.
- Western Zodiac: Piers is based off the Aries horoscope sign. His solus gem is located on his head, the area of the body represented by Aries. Additionally, his personality is close to that of what is typically an Aries.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Because naming your child after a boat dock seems like a really good idea.
- Immortality Seeker: His wish to be immortal on his terms.
- No Name Given: Freya refers to him as "Raymundo" because he never gave her his name. Piers also calls him this, even though he does know. Ray is generally reluctant to tell people his first name, and with good reason.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Outwardly cold or rude to others to hide his crybaby personality and depression.
The son of a rich entrepeneur, Samuel is the second of three children, with a younger and older sister.
- Actual Pacifist: If you ever lose to him in a fight, you must be a terrible fighter. But Lord help you if you endanger his friends. If he had any, that is.
- Ambiguously Gay: He's a sweet boy with long hair, stylish fashion, and feminine hobbies, but nothing has been confirmed.
- Killer Yoyo: Guess what his weapon is.
- Not Good with People: Since he only lives with his sister, she's honestly the only person he interacts with outside of school, due to his general distrust of people that don't have the same liberal access to monetary support that he does. Kind of stupid when it comes to people or more practical things, Samuel is really just lonely.
- Youthful Freckles: He's covered in them.
A self-proclaimed protector of ALL WOMEN EVERYWHERE.
- Always Save the Girl: Err… he tries. But they never seem to appreciate his efforts.
- Lover, Not a Fighter: At least when pitted against female Magi.
Tori is a wild child, who takes nothing personally. She is always up for a fight, no matter who challenges her. She is extremely generous, and usually very patient. She wants to become a psychiatrist. She also has a bad habit of psychoanalyzing people to their face.
- The Caretaker: She doesn't like seeing others sad and will actively try to help them, even if they at first refuse help.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: She'll often do favors for people, even total strangers without expecting anything in return— something that has gotten her in trouble before.
- Determinator: She doesn't know when to quit.
- Toxic Friend Influence: She means well but she's a bad influence, especially to her cousin Beatrix.
A proud Englishman with a fairly stable moral compass. Always willing to help others, he continuously attempts to pursue the image of sincerity, patience, and general good. Despite this, he is actually quite close to inverting almost completely from his seemingly benevolent personality due to his slight emotional instability. He is a master of several fighting styles and only uses them at his own discretion.
- Beneath the Mask: Although he tries to make it a point to treat others kindly, he struggles constantly with his true nature and represses it to the best of his abilities.
- Berserk Button: May fly off the handle over a single action or the mere mention of a certain word... like "pigeons".
- Big Brother Mentor: Has taken the youths Andrei Leight, Khallas Kamonklahan, and Freya Euxine Callisto R. Nifleheim under his wing as his martial arts students. Despite his stern teachings, he maintains a close bond exactly like that of an elder brother with each of them, even if Freya continuously threatens to feed him dead pigeons.
- Blood Knight: Extremely enthusiastic about fighting and always enjoys even just a quick spar. One could conclude his battle-happy nature may be the result of Hidden Depths.
- Feathered Fiend: Lucien hates pigeons with an undying passion. This is because of a humorous and equally horrifying experience he had as a small child.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Has a best friend named Miles, whose friendship spans from a simple brotherly bond to slightly homosexual at times, often sending Lucien's girlfriend into fits of reeling laughter.
- Kubrick Stare: Frequently uses this expression when in the middle of or just before he's ripping into some poor Forlorn or other unfortunate Magi.