Graduates from the Ekaterina House of the Academy of Merlin.
A tall elf girl who isn't very good at understanding human tongues.
- Affectionate Nickname: Calls Elvira dearest.
- Culture Blind: She has a lot to learn about human culture.
- Fantastic Racism: Doesn't seem to like humans very much.
- Hammerspace Hair: Goldenrod frequently resides in Asha's hair.
- Iconic Item: Her glasses, to the point that Elvira starts having dreams about them.
- It's All About Me: Asha's got an ego the size of a... Well, it'll be compared when something that big exists.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Prickly as Asha has the capacity to be, she's got a really soft spot for cats and people who treat them right.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair drags on the floor.
- Trash Talk: Experienced in this, and regularly uses it to tear Elvira to pieces.
A quiet half-elf girl with an interesting view of death.
- Affectionate Nickname: Caramel, given to her by Bambi. She likes it.
- Berserk Button: If Camille fails at something, she takes it exceptionally hard.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Brown hair, brown eyes.
- Disappeared Dad: Her dad gave his life for Baldwin's in the most literal way possible.
- Failure Hero: Considers herself this; very few of her plans work and often end up making the current situation worse.
- Graceful Ladies Like Purple: Dresses in purple and has a very quiet air.
- It's All My Fault: Blames herself for her father's death, because with Baldwin rotting anyway it seems that it was just a pointless sacrifice.
- Not So Stoic: She flies into a rage when she fails, and often expresses her anger in breaking things. Actually secured permission from Ian to break shit in the kitchen, so long as she cleaned up afterward.
A small, kind English girl that's always willing to help.
- Alone Among the Couples: Constantly. Nina has a nigh permanent presence as the third wheel towards some of the school's couples, especially Muna and End, and regularly ends up being the one who offers relationship advice and counselling.
- Asexuality: Demisexual, to be precise.
- Awesome Backpack: Lampshaded and semi played for laughs. She totes around a backpack that carries incredibly convenient miscellaneous items (e.g. tissues, stationery, etc.)
- Badass Adorable: Just because she's petite and cute doesn't mean she can't haul her own weight.
- Bag of Holding: Her handbag, which always seems to have exactly what's needed. Its Hammerspace properties are often lampshaded for comedic effect.
- Blow You Away: A windwielder.
- The Confidant: Her sympathetic nature makes her the go-to girl when seeking advice concerning personal or relationship matters.
- Hair Decorations: A black bow.
- Nice Girl: Generally pretty sweet.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Downplayed. She used to be much sweeter and somewhat naive, but later grew to become more realistic and mature.
A Jewish boy from Boston with a robot for a channeler and the best luck in the school. The victim of multiple hexings.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: His deductive skills are nearly on par with Icarus's.
- Back from the Dead: Twelve times. Twelve. Times. This boy is lucky as hell.
- Blind Without 'Em: Ian can't see three inches in front of his face without his glasses.
- The Bore: Has a tendency to jump right into technospeak and explain the finer workings of whatever he's working on
- Brainy Brunette: His intelligence is on par with Icarus, and he has a lovely head of brown hair.
- Diary: Here.
- Disappeared Dad: Ian's never met his elf dad, who skipped town as soon as he found out he'd impregnated a human woman.
- Eye Color Change: Ian's eyes, like all those who are hexed, changed from green to red.
- Faking the Dead: Pretended to be dead for a while in his second year, to protect himself.
- Fingerless Gloves: Wears these to hide the scars on his arms. In his fourth year, he's swapped out to orange gloves.
- Friendless Background: The general mindset of Ian's school made it really difficult to make friends.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Designed Socket before he was twelve, and finished building it a few years later.
- Gang of Bullies: Deals with one of back in Boston. His old crush, Darren, is one of them.
- Glowing Eyes: After Wilcox left the in-person meeting, Ian had these for a little bit until they faded.
- Good with Numbers: Ian invented a new type of math to make his magical calculations work. He calls it mathemagick.
- Hide Your Otherness: Keeps the points of his ears hidden underneath some strategically-placed piercings.
- Iconic Item: Socket, obviously, which also doubles as his channeler.
- Innocently Insensitive: Has a habit of saying things that he doesn't realize makes him sound like a dick.
- Kissing Under the Influence: Under the influence of a dimension's rules, to be specific. Sorry Icarus.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: When he was first hexed, he would fall unconscious if he found out he was hexed and wake up a short while later with no memory of earlier. The second time, he has no memory of refusing to be hexed.
- Legally Dead: Declared dead on March 5th, 2014. Reappeared at the school around a week later.
- Lethal Chef: In the case of drinks. Don't let Ian pour your coffee.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Everyone knows that Yvonne likes Ian except Ian himself.
- Magitek: Ian is the guy to go to for this sort of thing. So far he's invented a robot that can use magic that's implied to be the result of several prototypes, and has worked with the DS game and even added his own level into it for beta testing. It's worth noting that his laptop is most likely modified to be able to handle magic code in the first place.
- Mind Rape: Forcibly hexed both times - Ian didn't consent to it.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-elf. Probably the primary reason the Council is so brutal with him.
- Mr. Fixit: If it's broke, Ian can probably fix it. Averted when he failed to defuse the bomb.
- Nerds Love Tough Schoolwork: Enjoys doing homework, which isn't very out of place in his house.
- No One Could Survive That!: Ian has, at the current moment, escaped death twelve times. Events have included exploding dumpsters, imploding buildings, and his heart literally stopping.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: Has a really bad habit of insulting people without realizing it.
- Playing with Fire: A flamewielder.
- Physical Scars, Psychological Scars: The scars on his arms bother him a lot more than he'd like to admit.
- Real Men Can Cook: An excellent cook and baker.
- Robot Master: Socket is the result of many prototypes, and it's constantly being upgraded per the Council's demands.
- Team Chef: Cooks for A-Team all the time.
- Technobabble: Often lapses into this when he's particularly absorbed in his work.
- Teen Genius: Ian built and programmed a robot that can use magic transferred over radio waves. Not only that, but in order to calculate accurately he created a new type of math (coined "mathemagick") based off tarot cards.
- Trauma Conga Line: First bullied for being Jewish, then for being gay, then for being Jewish and gay, and then his mom is kidnapped by the government. Rough.
- True Craftsman: If nothing else, he takes exceptional pride in Socket.
- Weak-Willed: Being hexed twice has left him weak to mental manipulation. Being hexed a third time really can't be good for him.
An incredibly cheerful boy who doesn't have a mean bone in his body.
- 100% Adoration Rating: Cabbage loves everything equally, though he's slowly learning which things he shouldn't love so much.
- Affectionate Nickname: Ray, given to him by Rowan. (By request, mostly.)
- All-Loving Hero: You'd be hard-pressed to find something that Cabbage didn't find cute.
- Animal Motif: Associated with rabbits.
- The Baby of the Bunch: Almost literally; Cabbage's consciousness is almost nonexistent and he has quite a bit to learn.
- Born Lucky: No, literally. Cabbage has the highest luck stat of anyone at Merlin, and it actually comes into play in key events.
- Constantly Curious: Always in the mood to learn something new.
- Fairy Tale Motifs: Probably the most obvious - based off of Rapunzel.
- Friend to All Living Things: Cabbage loves everything and hates nothing!
- Genius Ditz: Doesn't know how to hold a fork, but very smart in all his classes.
- Hair Decorations: Has a clip in his hair.
- Hide Your Otherness: He hides his pointed ears under his hair.
- Hostage Situation: Gets kidnapped onscreen a lot during his events.
- Innocence Lost: Lost some of it when he witnessed Luce's murder.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: Kind to everyone, but kind of an idiot. He'll grow out of it.
- Marry Them All: He's gonna marry every single one of food group.
- Mixed Ancestry: Cabbage is actually a half-elf, something he didn't realize until he reached the school. He'll be expelled if he's found out, so Kesi, Ian, and Potato have agreed to help keep it a secret.
- No Sense of Humor: Sort of. Cabbage doesn't have the mental capacity to understand most jokes. But, you know. He's growing.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Pink is his favorite color.
- Sarcasm-Blind: Cannot tell the difference between sarcasm and seriousness.