Graduates from the Tomas House of the Academy of Merlin.
A small, meaty half-dwarf who wants to study alchemy.
- Alliterative Name: Amanda Astarita.
- Anger Born of Worry: Gets angry at Bambi occasionally, but only because they're worried about her.
- Butt-Monkey: Bambi is in a habit of texting Amanda whenever she's about to do something dangerous. Amanda's heart cannot take much more of this.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Brown hair, brown eyes.
- Daytime Drama Queen: A fan of The Number of Days, though she got sucked into the show by accident.
- Dissonant Serenity: Capable of saying some pretty disturbing things while she still has a smile on her face.
- Fat Girl: Plump and proud.
- Gemstone Assault: A gemwielder, or at least learning to be one.
- The Hedonist: Seems mostly focused on having fun and having a good time!
- It's All My Fault: Blames themselves for the annihilation of their entire extended family.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-dwarf.
- Mysterious Past: Amanda doesn't really talk about herself very much.
- Nostalgic Music Box: Has a half-burned music box that plays a delicate melody. When Bambi played the tune, they cried.
- The Remnant: They're the only living family member they have. The rest of her family perished in a fire, being all in one place for a dinner Amanda suggested.
- Street Urchin: Has been living in Justus on the streets, like Bambi, over the last summer. They cover for each other if anyone asks.
- Tragic Keepsake: Their music box.
A Chicago kid with a love for animals. Only really cares about what affects him and his friends.
- Asexuality: And quoiromantic.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Specializes in this. Icarus is incredibly observant of the people around him and is quite good at manipulating others when he wants to.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Icarus's morals are very strange indeed, to the point that he's almost completely indifferent to anything that doesn't directly affect himself or his friends.
- Brainy Brunette: Qualifies for this - underneath the dye, his hair's dark brown. And at this point anyone who says Icarus isn't intelligent is either lying or hasn't encountered his farce-free personality.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Sure, Icarus is smart, but unless he really needs to he's not going to show it.
- The Charmer: Icarus is very charismatic and good at charming people, but he doesn't do it often. Mainly because the only reason he acts like that is because he's acting like his brother.
- Closet Geek: Icarus tries to hide it, but he's decently versed in geek culture.
- Daytime Drama Queen: He might not look it, but he's a huge fan of soap operas and watches them with Gil regularly. Current favorite: The Number of Days.
- Diary: Here.
- Dishing Out Dirt: A stonewielder.
- Dual Wielding: Dual-wields his Blades.
- Friend to All Children: He's Team Mom after all. And probably exudes mom pheromones. Children come to him.
- Gambit Pileup: Icarus's plot can be summed up in "a lot of smart and/or dangerous people all try to fuck each other over and end up fucking over themselves in the process".
- Genius Bruiser: One of the smartest students, and not afraid to throw a hit when he needs to either.
- Guile Hero: Very good at manipulating people to avoid a situation harmful to his friends.
- Hair Decorations: Often seen wearing a hair clip.
- Kids Are Cruel: Was quite an asshole as a child.
- Lame Pun Reaction: Hates the puns Ian makes.
- Master Actor: Good at pretending to be someone else entirely, and does so frequently. Usually in the vicinity of people who are very likely to kill him and his friends if he says the wrong thing.
- Meaningful Name: Aside from the obvious, Domitor is Latin for "tamer". Which is the branch of magic Icarus is aiming for.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: Tends to do this when one of his friends are injured, since he considers them to be much "softer" than he is. Example: Ian cut his head in Colyctos, and Icarus thought he was dying.
- Nerds Love Tough Schoolwork: For all his attempts to be cool, Icarus really does love a challenge and solves math problems for fun. He mostly learned Ian's mathemagicks just to do a magic problem once in a while. Ian is pissed that he learned a system that took him years to develop in a few minutes.
- Not So Stoic:
- Originally tried to be very cold to people, ended up dropping the facade very quickly.
- When Ashes' egg exploded, Icarus burst into tears.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: His personality for about the first half of the year was all fake - done mostly to hide his real identity.
- Perpetual Frowner: Doesn't smile too often around people that aren't his friends.
- Please Wake Up: Tries to shake Ian awake after he's visited by Wilcox.
- Real Men Hate Sugar: Hates sweets. His brother Iapyx turned him off them in a particularly cruel way.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Well, at least they dye their hair pink. Perdix forced him to get it dyed bubblegum pink, but of his own free will he simply dyed it darker.
- Recognition Failure: Cannot for the life of him remember who End is.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: Icarus dislikes Leah and Thor. Not because they're Blood Pact, because Leah is better at him at summon circles and Ashes took a liking to Thor.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: His abusive past, watching Scarlett get destroyed, and several other incidents have not been kind on him. He's one of the better at hiding it, though.
- The Social Expert: Knows how to manipulate people into getting what he wants. In reality, though, he's just mimicking his brother.
- Strong Family Resemblance: With his brother, Iapyx. Though the resemblance is falsified.
- The Team Benefactor: You can always count on him to have exactly what you need in his pockets.
- Unwitting Pawn: Was this to Slater when Slater attempted to get Ian killed. It didn't work, and Icarus is still pissed about this.
Gertrude "Guts" Eisenberg
A stocky dwarf with a prosthetic leg.
- Artificial Limbs: Guts has a prosthetic leg, received after a nasty accident in Nepal.
- Berserk Button: Don't insult their waifus.
- Blinding Bangs: Their bangs cover their eyes completely.
- Gemstone Assault: They're a gemwielder.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Has very, very low self-confidence.
- Messy Hair: To match their uncut bangs.
A small genderfluid child who just wants to hug.
- An Arm and a Leg: Lost their leg to fade.
- Ambiguous Gender: Finley is genderfluid, so their gender is whatever they want to be for the day.
- Cuddle Bug: Fin will do anything for a hug. Anything.
- Doesn't Trust Those Guys: Won't trust anyone without Skye's approval. Though that may have changed now.
- It's All My Fault: Considers themselves at fault for the loss of their leg.
- Mixed Ancestry: 1/16th selkie.
A stocky half-dwarf that creates magic through her music. Incredibly gay.
- Accidental Murder: Accidentally caused the death of her brother, Chang.
- Achilles' Heel: Her Brand, located on her shoulderblade.
- Bare Your Midriff: Bambi's typical outfit consists of a jacket, loose pants and bandages wrapped around her chest.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Sports a thick pair of eyebrows.
- Combat Pragmatist: Sure, she's had formal training, but Bambi isn't afraid to break the rules when it comes to a fight. Because, you know. There are no rules.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Using taint-inducing magic. It causes her a lot of pain and completely incapacitates her, so she only uses it for a last resort.
- Elegant Classical Musician: Regularly plays violin in Justus to make money, but someone keeps slipping her fake tens.
- Friendless Background: Her first time experiencing friendship has been at Merlin.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Really hard on herself.
- An Ice Person: An icewielder. Usually she uses this to freeze off her sweat. Bambi sweats a lot.
- Iconic Item: Her violin.
- It's All My Fault: Holds herself responsible for Chang's death.
- Kill the Ones You Love: Accidentally killed her little brother, Chang.
- Magic Music: Casts magic by playing her violin.
- Mixed Ancestry: A half-dwarf.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Has broad shoulders and thick muscles, and she can use them.
- Nerves of Steel: When the situation gets tough, she calms down and doesn't let anything ruffle her.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: When she stops stuttering and gets very calm, you know the situation is bad.
- Parental Abandonment: Her mother told her she'd be back in the morning, but she hasn't come back.
- Perpetual Poverty: Is almost always several dollars short of anything.
- Smitten Teenage Girl: With literally every girl in the school, though two girls have caught her eye in particular.
- Tranquil Fury: When Ziza pissed her off, Bambi wasn't screamingly angry. She was just quiet.
Current Tomas House Representative
A white-haired girl associated now and forever more with chickens.
- Big Entrance: The rain is pouring, the fires are going out... and she flies in on a massive chicken.
- Lethal Chef: Doesn't know the difference between an oven and a microwave.
- Likes Older Women: Really fond of Marinna and Naomi.
- Locked into Strangeness: It's unclear if her hair is dyed or genuinely white.
- Making a Splash: A waterwielder. Totally not influenced by her infatuation with Naomi.
- Nerds Are Sexy: At least, considering her incredibly obvious feelings for Ian, she thinks so.
- Parental Favoritism: Dealt with this once her parents had a new child. It wasn't a very pleasant effect.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: She can't pretend the Vivian incident and other horrors A-Team dealt with haven't affected her.
- The Unfavorite: Became this one her foster parents had another child, and was hit with it again when her mother had hardly any interest in her.
A nonbinary dwarf with a nice fashion sense.
- Ambiguous Gender: Responds to ey pronouns.
- Pint-Sized Kid: Clocks in at the shortest kid at 4'0.
A large, quiet French boy with two prosthetic arms. Currently working for the Secret Organization.
- Covered in Scars: There's a reason Gage wears his hair the way he does. Recently he cut his hair so you can see all of them.
- Cyborg: Missing about an arm and a half, replaced them with some custom-built arms.
- Diary: Here.
- Gentle Giant: Kind with animals and friends alike.
- Handicapped Badass: Arms blown off? Screw in new ones and keep trucking.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sacrificed his arms for Leonard Paradise, who died anyway.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Makes offhanded comments, mostly in his head, so often that it's easy to see his self-esteem is in the toilet.
- Iconic Item: Peppermint cigarettes.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Freakin' adores cats.
- Meaningful Name: Gage means "one who is defiant". Quartz is also attributed to magical strength.
- Non-Action Guy: Prefers to sit on the sidelines when it comes to combat; mainly because his reflexes are slow unless he's protecting a friend.
- Papa Wolf: Highly suggested you do not mess with Din or Cas.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Intentionally invoked, to hide his scars.
- Playing with Fire: A flamewielder.
- Smoking Is Cool: Smokes peppermint cigars.
- The Stoic: Rarely displays emotion. Slowly turning into a Not So Stoic, though.
- Super Strength: Thanks to his arms, Gage can lift massive weight with little strain on his body.
- Terse Talker: Doesn't waste a lot of energy speaking.
A polite half-elf girl who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The primary antagonist of the Vivian Arc.
- Adorkable: Before she went off the deep end, Vivian was a cute, dorky girl.
- The Berserker: When Vivian gets angry, she gets angry. Unless it's Ezrael at her side, she won't distinguish between friend or foe when she's on the rampage.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Ezrael did something to her head, and she completely snapped.
- Cute and Psycho: Her tone of voice and demeanor are adorable. What she says and does is not.
- Dead Serious: If Vivian was around, things were about to take a turn for the worse.
- Death Seeker: Subverted. While Vivian insisted she wanted to die and did all she could to ensure she would die, she realized at the last minute she did not actually want to die, but simply wanted to be free of the pain she had been enduring for months.
- Dissonant Serenity: What she says and the tone she speaks in rarely match up.
- Driven to Madness: Implied, with whatever the hell Ezrael did to her in the forest.
- Dying as Yourself: In her last moments, Vivian could think clearly. And she knew she didn't really want to die. And then she died. Sucks to be her.
- Evil Former Friend: Vivian was still friendly even after joining Unit Thirteen. After recent events, though, she's lost all compassion for others.
- Evil Makes You Monstrous: By the end of the Vivian Arc, her body was just a mass of taint held together by her soul.
- Famous Last Words: "Muna... I don't... I don't want to die..."
- Flower Motifs: Associated with marigolds posthumously.
- Giggling Villain: Hehehehehehehe! She giggles a lot.
- Mercy Kill: Desperately hoping for someone to pull this on her and put her out of her misery.
- The Mole: Was this for a few weeks after she returned from the forest and before Halloween.
- No Body Left Behind: When she died, Vivian's body simply dissolved into pure taint. The only thing holding it together was a life force, and when that was gone...
- Not Enough to Bury: All that's left of Vivian when she dies is a vial of taint.
- Put Them All Out of My Misery: She was in a great amount of pain, and she was willing to take everyone else down with her.
- Right Behind Me: After she came back from the forest the first time, Vivian managed to scare a good amount of people by sneaking up on them. Mostly, Muna.
- Self-Disposing Villain: Unleashes a final death pulse in the final battle that's contained by Ari's sphere of influence. Her body absorbed the taint released and it was finally enough to kill her. Too bad that's not what she really wanted.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: Everyone else treats her like a scary villain? Screw it! Scary villain it is!
- Trapped in Villainy: Once the Pact got their hands on her, there was really no going back.
- Unwanted Revival: Lara keeps her alive by healing her all the time. Vivian wants her to stop so she can die in peace.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: If she had just not gone out alone in the forest that night...
- Where It All Began: Made her final stand in the very same place she had her Start of Darkness.
- Wild Card: Unstable enough that it's hard to tell if she'll go against the Pact or not.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: After Ezrael had a "chat" with her in the forest, Vivian changed and became more than just a little heartless.
A polite, girly first year elf with an unfortunate familial relation.
- Beauty Mark: Has one under her right eye.
- Cry Cute: In her first appearance, she started crying.
- Daytime Drama Queen: A fan of The Number of Days.
- Hair Decorations: A black bow.
- Nervous Wreck: As if transferring to a new school wasn't enough, it seems that everyone has some sort of bias against her already - something Violet doesn't understand at all.
- Purple Eyes: It's how she got her name, after all.
- Sheep in Sheep's Clothing: Though many students were at first cautious of her finding out about her sister, it soon became apparent that she was harmless.
- Shrinking Violet: Incredibly shy and wary of everyone.
- Took a Level in Badass: Under Din's instruction, she took up strength training and now has a mean left hook.