StarSword is an American troper, and a longtime gamer, sci-fi/fantasy nut
, and fan of crime shows. In short, One of Us
An unabashed Gatehead
, as well as a major fan of X3: Terran Conflict
and The Elder Scrolls
. He's on Steam
StarSword does a fair amount of cleanup work around the wiki, particularly on recent launches, and is a frequent contributor to YKTTW
Tropes created or completed by StarSword:
Came up with the name for:
Suggested the image for:
Work pages created by StarSword:
Works with in-depth knowledge:
Tropes exhibited by StarSword:
- 100% Completion: Very much a completionist.
- The Alcoholic: Defied. He's not a teetotaler by any stretch, but he carefully monitors his alcohol intake due to having a family history of alcoholism.
- Asperger Syndrome
- Awesome, but Impractical: Has this opinion of some of Steam's new features. Instead of adding silly shit like trading cards they should focus on stuff that's actually useful like the ability to schedule downloads for times when his data cap is lifted.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: Four or five different projects lie uncompleted on his hard drive.
- Brainy Brunet
- Complaining About Shows You Don't Like: Has definitely been known to do this, particularly about Spongebrain Squareass, which incites either homicidal rage or the feeling that his brain is about to melt with no middle ground.
- Cross Player: Plays a female character 90% of the time if the game offers a choice, and freely admits to having no idea whatsoever why.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil:
- Fan Hater: Hates Call of Duty fanboys because they're idiotic, but has no opinion on the games.
- Fanon Discontinuity: Subverted. He agrees that the SWEU post-Dark Nest Trilogy is canon, but strongly dislikes it because he thinks Luke would've noticed his own gorram nephew going dark-side and done something about it earlier.
- Grammar Nazi/Spelling Nazi: Spelling it "rouge" instead of "rogue" is a particular Berserk Button since he loves the X-Wing Series.
- Lawful Good: Self-describes as such and plays LG characters when possible in games.
- Metaphorgotten: Used intentionally on a post on the Steam forums regarding whether or not Valve should add different "values" for achievements, similar to Gamerscore or PSN trophies.
In this topic, people that don't like milk, while others do. The milk lovers want to add chocolate to their milk! The milk haters protest. StarSword:
You forgot the milk lovers who think the milk is fine as it is and doesn't need chocolate. Or prefer to use it to make tomato soup, and this is where the metaphor begins to break down. :D
- Military Brat: Both parents were US Navy officers, and met on the USS Briscoe (DD-977).
- Must Have Caffeine: Doesn't function well without a cup or two of coffee.
- Shout-Out: His Internet handle is a reference to The Andalite Chronicles, the name of an Andalite Dome Ship.
open/close all folders
Kalir Patten (Neverwinter Nights 2)
Aasimar Alignment: Lawful Good Class:
Paladin 20 of the Red Knight/Divine Champion 10
is a paladin of the Red Knight developed for Neverwinter Nights 2
. Her backstory eventually developed into an entire knightly order called the Order of the Lanceboard, which makes use of militarism and combat tactics to fight evil and make life better for Faerûnians.
- Action Girl: Kind of a job requirement for paladins.
- Action Mom: She has three daughters. Narra was fathered by Casavir during the Shadow War, and her twins Sybille and Ressa are Gann's.
- Battle Couple: With Gannayev-of-Dreams, whom she married after ending the Spirit-Eater curse permanently in Mask of the Betrayer. Also formed one with Casavir, but his getting crushed by a Collapsing Lair put an end to that.
- The Captain/Four-Star Badass: Relinquished her rank as Knight-Captain of Crossroad Keep, only to then be made Knight-Commander of an Order of the Lanceboard garrison in Thay, headquartered around the Academy of Shapers and Binders.
- Genius Bruiser: High-ranking members of the Order of the Lanceboard are required to be masters of both battlefield and small-unit tactics and be reasonably familiar with geography, meteorology, engineering, and other science disciplines that can play into the outcome of a fight. Kalir also speaks several languages (StarSword statted her in pen-and-paper once) and very much enjoys reading and the theater.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Again, she's a paladin. More specifically, she's tender and caring with her loved ones and firmly believes that most people are naturally good at heart and that you've got to be taught to hate. She prefers to talk first and fight second, though she has no qualms about killing those who need to be killed and absolutely despises slavers in particular.
- Happily Married: To Gannayev-of-Dreams.
- Improbable Age: She's in her mid-twenties by the time of the Spellplague. Spending almost the entirety of 1374 DR in near-constant battle does wonders for your character level. She was granted her current rank in the Order of the Lanceboard on basis of skill and commitment alone, which ruffled more than a few feathers.
- Meaningful Name: Subverted. She's been told "Kalir" means something in Celestial, but as she doesn't speak it she has no idea what and has never bothered to look it up.
- Omniglot: This being D&D, she speaks six languages fluently (Common, Chondathan, Draconic, Illuskan, Infernal, and Mulhorandi).
- The Paladin
- Pregnant Badass: She didn't know it at the time, but she was carrying Narra during Mask of the Betrayer and has no real clue how she didn't miscarry due to all the insanity she got up to. Lucky for her, all that was settled in a couple of months, and her order placed her on administrative and diplomatic duties once she reestablished contact.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Always listens to her (frequently older and more experienced) subordinates' opinions, even if she may ultimately decide counter to them.
- Weapon of Choice: The Silver Sword of Gith.
Lieutenant Commander Diana Shepard (Mass Effect)
Race: Human Diana Shepard
, StarSword's Mass Effect
character, with the Earthborn
and War Hero backgrounds.
- Action Girl: It's Shepard.
- Battle Couple: With Kaiden Alenko.
- BFG: Favors single-shot, high-damage sniper rifles. Used the M-98 Widow in Mass Effect 2 and the Kishock Harpoon Gun in Mass Effect 3.
- Bi the Way: Describes herself as 80% straight. She's slept with both men and women, but the only person she's ever fallen in love with is Kaidan.
- Combat Pragmatist: Only too happy to make environmental kills like blowing up explosive containers and the like.
- Dark and Troubled Past: An orphaned inner-city girl and former gang banger from Cincinnati, she joined the Alliance because it gave her something to believe in. She also found God through an Alliance chaplain.
- Friendly Sniper
- Good Is Not Nice/Good Is Not Soft: Likes people for the most part, and will swallow her pride for the greater good. But she can be described as "no greater friend, no worse enemy": she has zero tolerance for reckless endangerment, particularly of civilians, and beat the crap out of Admiral Koris after he fired on a geth dreadnought with her and her team still aboard.
- Meaningful Name: "Diana," as in the Roman goddess of archery and the hunt. She's a sniper.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Garrus.
Gothren Marvani (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
is StarSword's current character in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
, and the son of one of his Oblivion
characters which made for an interesting encounter during Sheogorath's quest
. A sellsword born in Skingrad, he is a veteran of the Great War during which he served the Empire as a scout and saboteur. He was crossing into Skyrim looking for greener pastures when he was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- Bow and Sword in Accord/Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me/Magic Knight: A fine swordsman, proficient archer, and decent battlemage.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has several scars from his career as a mercenary.
- Happily Married/Interspecies Romance: Married Ysolda, a Nord, and adopted a son and daughter.
- Heroic Bastard: The son of Morgiah Marvani, the Champion of Cyrodiil, and Martin Septim. He is thus (unknowingly, mind) the last survivor of the Septim Dynasty.
- Real Men Love Talos: Openly worships Talos and the Nine, and openly hates the Thalmor because of it (has been known to return to the Embassy just to kill more of them). He's also been known to pray to the nicer daedra on occasion, Azura in particular.
See also Characters.Bait And Switch STO