Formerly the US military's best operative, he was sent to a research center where the government was experimenting with the combination of nuclear weapons and the Ore. Just as he arrived, the research center exploded and covered him with fragments of the Ore, creating Warhead.
- All-American Face: And a proud one to boot.
- Badass Boast
- Goggles Do Nothing
- Ground Pound
- Nuke 'em: His Fatality, which sends a series of missiles to explode his opponent like the Atomic Bomb!
- Rolling Attack
- Super Soldier: For given term, at least. He's fused with radioactive power and alien power-inducing minerals.
- Walking Shirtless Scene : A trait shared with the majority of the cast.
On the eve of a critical battle, a feared samurai discovered the Ore. Overwhelmed with power, he killed all his men in an uncontrolled fury. Ashamed by what he had done and outcast by society, he became Kabuki Jo and became determined to learn to control the Ore's power.
- The Atoner: He's ashamed for the slaughtering, and now tries to control the power within.
- Breath Weapon: Which is fire.
- Drunk with Power: In his backstory.
- Dual Wielding: His pair of Laser Blades.
- Facial Markings: Has a face paint fitting for his name.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: His Fatality involves stabbing his opponent with his Naginata.
- Playing with Fire
- Samurai: Mixed with Kabuki.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
In the year 2096, a group of scientists accidentally implant the Ore into an advanced cyborg codenamed Cy-5. The Ore's power gives Cy-5 consciousness, and it kills the scientists. It decides that, if the Ore gives consciousness, then more Ore equals more consciousness. With this goal in mind, it ruthlessly seeks out the other War Gods to claim their ore.
- Cyborg: Just look at the first part of his name...
- Eye Beam
- I'm Melting!: In his Fatality, he sends an UFO which proceeds to melt his opponent inmediately with a Disintegrator Ray. The melting process is a Type A.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: Cy-5 wants to gain more consciousness with the Ore in order to become a real, yet still immortal man.
- Punny Name: His name is a take on Sci-Fi.
- Shock and Awe: Instead of bleeding like the rest of the cast, when Cy-5's hit, he sparks electricity.
- Turned Against Their Masters: If his backstory is an indication.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Not only is he just wearing shorts, but he's even missing parts of his skin.
Pagan is a mistress of the dark arts. She gained ancient manuscripts showing the location of a temple where a fragment of the Ore was once worshipped. When she summoned the Ore, it only increased her desire to cause chaos and destruction.
- Dark Is Evil
- Hot Witch
- Hurricane Kick
- Lady of Black Magic: An evil mistress of the dark arts.
- Taken for Granite: Her Fatality, where she releases Medusa's head and it turns the opponent to stone before Eye Beams blow them up. Amusingly, the first part of the move doesn't work on Tak, since he's already a statue. He taunts the head until it blasts him to pieces.
- The Dark Arts
- Shock and Awe
- Stripperiffic: Yet even she wears more than Vallah.
Once a mighty gladiator from Ancient Rome, Maximus battled in a tournament at a festival celebrating the Ore to determine which of his masters would claim the Ore. He defeated his opponents, but the Ore's power overwhelmed him, and his masters were slain as well. He took the Ore for himself, and now he uses it to free the enslaved all over the world.
- Cool Helmet
- Cool Sword: Uses it in his Fatality.
- Drop the Hammer
- Gladiator Games: One of the finest gladiators in history.
- Gladiator Revolt: However, he killed his own masters because he's not satisfied with the enslavement of his people.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: His Fatality involves this after chaining his opponent to two spontaneously-appearing pillars, and then he cuts his opponent to half.
- Inescapable Net: He uses it as a trap move.
- Victory Pose: Complete with Rousing Speech.You are nothing to me!I'll kill you and I'll take your power!
- Walking Shirtless Scene
In the Valley of Kings, a grave robber on the search for hidden treasure came across a hidden burial chamber. He stole the treasure within, unaware that a piece of the Ore had been placed there in case someone did try to steal the treasure. His body was destroyed, but his soul was reincarnated in the body of Anubis.
- Anvil on Head: In his Fatality, he drops a spiked coffin to his opponent, complete with mummification.
- Blade on a Stick: His Weapon of Choice.
- Boom Stick: Launches energy spheres.
- Grave Robbing: If his backstory is any indication, which results into...
- The Punishment: As a result of stealing the treasure that came with the Ore.
- Hell Hound
- Public Domain Character: Based on the Egyptian God of the same name.
- Pyramid Power: His trap move. Each time he summons it, comes with a cool sound inside.
In the Caribbean, a witch doctor enslaved his village with his Black Magic. In desperation, the villagers captured him and burned him alive. They threw his body into a forbidden swamp. Unbeknownst to them, a deposit of the Ore lay at the bottom of the swamp, which revived him as Voodoo.
- Black Magic
- Dark Is Evil
- Hollywood Voodoo: His motif.
- Nail 'Em: Sends nails from the sky.
- Our Zombies Are Different: They get resurrected by alien minerals.
- Spin Attack
- Tribal Face Paint: Rather dubious if his face is actually painted or if his face really is like a skull.
- Voodoo Doll: His Fatality involves ripping his opponent's stomach and exposing their organs through a doll.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
- Witch Doctor: His job when alive.
Ahau Kin was an evil Aztec priest. He had a vision which revealed a fragment of the Ore lay at the bottom of his tribe's sacrificial well. He sent slave after slave diving to their deaths trying to claim it. Out of slaves but possessed with desire, he dove into the pit and claimed it himself, this time with success.
- And Show It to You: His Fatality involves him summoning a sacrifical altar, pushing his opponent to it and then proceeds to rip the heart of his opponent.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Uses his Macahuitl in combat.
- Bad Boss: Considering that he'll throw all his slaves into a mine and work them to death to dig out the Ore.
- Evil Sorcerer
- Human Sacrifice: Involves his slaves in this. Particularly, his backstory is full of it. Also, Ahau Kin uses it as an altar for his Fatality (see And Show It to You above).
- Light Is Not Good: His motif is sunlight based, but he's evil.
- Mayincatec: Aztec, to be more precise.
During a blizzard, a Viking warrior princess became separated from the battle. She took shelter in a nearby cave, where there was a mysterious green glow. She hacked through the ice until her sword struck the Ore. She was transformed into the goddess Vallah.
- Chainmail Bikini: Curious, considering she lived in Norway, which was too cold for that outfit to realistically work.
- Cool Helmet
- Everyone Loves Blondes: C'mon, it's Kerri Hoskins, who portrayed Sonya Blade. She portrays this hottie of a valkyrie.
- Horny Vikings: No pun intended.
- Kill It with Fire: Her Fatality involves pushing her opponent to a bed, she proceeds to burn her opponent instantly.
- Purple Is Powerful: Her default clothing color.
- Sexy Scandinavian: That is a given, since she is an attractive female Viking that wears a extremely revealing outfit even more so than the female villain.
- Valkyries: The closest thing she could be equated to.
- Weapon of Choice: Has three!
In ancient times, there was a kingdom which worshipped the Ore. A rival kingdom fought a war to capture the Ore. Facing defeat, the king sealed the Ore in a stone idol, which came to life as Tak, the stone avenger of a lost civilization.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Launches rock spheres.
- Golem: He was brought to life by the Ore.
- Living Statue: Thanks to the Ore.
- Off with His Head!: His Fatality involves kicking his opponent's head after smashing them three times in the ground.
- Wrestler in All of Us: his fighting style has a lot of powerful throws.
GroxThe Sub-Boss of the game. A green-clad morbidly obese being who awaits to confront the last remaining God before fighting his superior, Exor.
- The Brutish Dragon: To Exor.
- Dumb Muscle
- Fan Disservice
- Flat Character: The only one of the cast without a specific backstory. It's only assumed by his placement that he even serves Exor.
- The Juggernaut
- Large and in Charge: He literally towers over the rest of the cast.
- Shockwave Stomp: Stolen from Tak, of all the immortals.
- SNK Boss: He is rather annoying a boss, but he has nothing on Exor...
- Thong of Shielding
ExorThe Final Boss of the game... an Obviously Evil Overlord with The Plan to Take Over the World. Rumored to be the true owner of the Ore.
- Alien Blood: Bleeds green each time he's attacked. Justified as he's probably an alien.
- The Announcer: Just like Shao Kahn, he's also the announcer of his own contest.
- Big Bad
- Defeat Means Explosion: Defeating him in the last round with him results in a satisfying explosion with an epic tune to accompany it.
- Evil Laugh
- Evil Overlord
- Frickin' Laser Beams: His most irritating moves are unblockable lasers he can fire from anywhere, and at any time without interruption.
- Large and in Charge
- Obviously Evil
- SNK Boss