With 24 tributes, 12 escorts, 12 mentors and a variety of Capitolites already in the cast with more being added with each installment of The Capitol Games, the cast is quickly becoming innumerable.
- Alcoholic Parent: Her mother.
- Morality Pet: For Vince. Until he killed her.
- Older Than They Look: Liotta only looks about eight, despite being of reaping age.
- Wings Do Nothing: They serve no purpose except for decoration. And tangling her in vines.
- Winged Humanoid: Briefly, until he ripped them out of his back with his bare hands
- Wings Do Nothing: Except cause pain, prompting Jason to tear them out.
- Action Girl: Mixed with elements of Dark Action Girl.
- Battle Couple: With Brandit.
- Curtains Match the Window: Subverted, only the underside matches.
- Disappeared Dad: He's alive, but after he came out of the closet and divorced his wife Natalia hasn't been able to forgive him, so he's never really around.
- Ice Queen: Of the Deadpan Snarker or the Alpha Bitch variety.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The underside of her hair is dyed blue. The rest is brown.
- Abusive Parents: Well, one abusive parent.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a nice long one running down the side of his face.
- Kaleidoscope Eyes: Marshall changes his eye colors based on what he's wearing, but naturally they're blue.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Seems to be very intent on being the one who kills Natalia.
- Would Hit a Girl: Marshall makes it clear he will have no problem taking care of Natalia. In the bloodbath, he wastes no time in driving a fist into her cheek before taking off.
Francesca von Bardot
- A-Cup Angst: In her introductory chapter Francesca sadly comments on this being due to her addiction to ipecac drinks.
- Because You Were Nice to My Friend: The reason why she opts to save Koriana.
- Fangirl: For the past District 2 victor Mars Donovan.
- The Hedonist: Francesca's only focus in life is being happy and having fun, even in the days between her reaping and the beginning of the Games.
- Overly Long Name: Francesca Emmeline von Bardot.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple.
- Camp Straight: Holland insists he isn't gay, although admits he exhibits some traits that might suggest he is.
- In his introduction he says he's "50-50".
- Extreme Doormat: Holland doesn't have much of a backbone.
- Break the Cutie: Vinel gets there just a little too late...
- The Ophelia: Loses her mind. Wanders around giggling, thinking Vinel is Vidar.
- So Happy Together: Minerva and Vidar had been planning their wedding. Then Minerva got reaped...
- Has Two Mommies: While he loves them, he wishes he knew his father.
- Horrible Judge of Character: She inexplicably trusts Vince despite there being evidence that for him to last six days into the games on his own he couldn't be that innocent.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Ari really would rather not be a pop star, thank you very much.
- Always Save the Girl: Laco wants to make sure Ari wins. End of story.
- Berserk Button: Do not insult or endanger Ari Saint-Claire.
- Stalker with a Crush: Depending on how you look at Laco's interest in Ari, it comes off as this sometimes, especially in the beginning.
- Bookworm: Her reaping chapter is even titled "Intelligent Reader" to hammer this trope home.
- Morality Pet: To Ferroh.
- The Atoner: An odd version, Brandit volunteered to atone for the fact he didn't appreciate his life.
- Declaration of Protection: No matter what seems to happen, he stays loyal to Natalia.
- The Dragon: To Natalia's Big Bad.
- Mercy Kill: Delivers one to Jason.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Averted. Galaxy is harmless. Except to herself.
- Gentle Giant: For the most part. He has a tendency to snap
- Scary Black Man: How many of the contestants see Ferroh.
- Meaningful Rename: Prefers to be called 'Kori' because of all the bad things associated with being called by her full name.
- Doorstop Baby: Was left on the doorstep of the orphanage as an infant.
- Odd Friendship: With Montserrat.
- Orphan's Ordeal: Has been orphaned twice.
- Parental Abandonment: It seems that neither of his parents are actually dead...
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Subverted in that he's very pale, but the rest is played straight.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: She loves them anyway, but doesn't show it.
Montserrat de Saint-Phillipe
- The Chew Toy: It starts with her kicking her toe against the couch in a heated argument. Then she has her hands blown off by an old shotgun. And that's just for starters.
- Body Horror: After the shotgun explodes, her hands are not a pretty sight
- Eye Scream: When he's mauled to death by an Alpha bear, the bear bites his head and one of its fangs punctures through his eye.
- I Know Karate: Jasse took lessons for fun with his friends. He never wanted to be in a situation where he'd actually use them.
- Informed Ability: He never actually uses those kung-fu moves... against a bear, he didn't have a chance.
- Big Damn Heroes: How Cotton volunteers to save her sister Glitz.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Cotton to some degree with Vinel around other girls. To be fair, it's justified.
- Corrupt the Cutie: "Whatever has happened to her since we last ate dinner together, it's done the impossible and destroyed her naivety."
- Embarrassing Tattoo: Cotton has a unicorn tattoo on her hip.
- Creepy Child: Vince is one of the youngest tributes, but he's also the most eager to kill. Also one of two who actually murder in the bloodbath.
- Deliberately Cute Child
- Disappeared Dad: Murdered by his wife... who covered it up by making it look like suicide.
- Evil Laugh: "Keheheheh."
- Knife Nut: "It's so nice to know what one little knife can accomplish." eheh eheheh One little knife "
- Obfuscating Innocence: Don't let him try and fool you.
- Puppy Love: Averted with Vince x Liotta.
- Holier Than Thou: Has this attitude towards everyone, including her mentor. That didn't go down too well.
- Religious Stereotype: She constantly talks of her mother and father in heaven, but aside from that doesn't practice anything else pertaining to Christianity.
- Mercy Kill: Averted with his inability to kill Jasse.
- Electronic Eyes: Has a sniper's crosshair in her right eye instead of a pupil/iris.
Winn & Remy
- Would Hit a Girl: Or completely brain her.
- Gag Nose: A toucan beak to be precise.
- Ax-Crazy: Heavily implied.
- Depraved Homosexual: From his excerpt of 'The Victor's Perspective':"With my winnings I could afford to buy him every night for the rest of his life~! Or mine, depending whether or not he lives through my desires."
- Abusive Parents: Had a 'turbulent' relationship with his father. After winning the games, the first thing he did upon seeing his father was killing him.
- Shrinking Violet: Before her games she was described as shy.
- So Happy Together: Until he won the Games and called off the engagement.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: While she treats her tribute Brandit like a typical career by openly scorning and insulting him, it's just a front to keep her from feeling bad and pitying him.
- Tranquil Fury: Killed the tributes of his Games with a 'blank look of concentration'.
- Then punched the presenter after his victory.
- The Beastmaster: Of a freaking BEAR.
- Informed Deformity: While he has no legs, the prosthetic legs he's been given are apparently advanced enough for him to walk normally.