Classic Timeline: 1 | 2, 3, 4/F/Final
Classic Subseries: Masou Kishin | Compati Hero Series
Alpha Saga: Alpha/Shin/Super Hero Sakusen | Alpha Gaiden | 2nd Alpha | 3rd Alpha
Compact Series: Compact 2/Impact | Compact 3 | MX
Z Saga: Z | 2nd Z | 3rd Z | Walking Spoilers
Nintendo Handheld Series: A | R | D | J | W | K | L | UX | BX
VTX Trilogy: V | X | T
Other Standalones: 64 | GC | NEO | OE | X-Ω | DD | 30
Original Generation Saga: Steel Dragon Battle Group | Earth Federation | Enemy Factions | Civilians and Walking Spoilers | Endless Frontier
The protagonist and a boy who holds the key to the mystery surrounding the giant humanoid weapon, "Didarion", which was discovered aboard an extraterrestrial battleship called the Eltsard in the Antarctic ice cap.
- Amnesiac Hero: All he remembers is his name and his mission to protect humans.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: A male example; at the end of any final stage of World 1-4 in Prologue, while facing Angilon and Mabilon, the current Big Good of the route will immediately order the troops to protect him. This causes him to slightly mellow out and become more open to his allies afterwards.
- Henshin Hero: Unlike most of the other playable characters, Dido transforms into Didarion instead of piloting it.
- Ineffectual Loner: Dido distances himself from others, with Meguru initially being the only one he opens up to.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: During the 2nd arc, he obtains the Didarion Zaam form.
- Mysterious Waif: Gender inverted; he is full of mysteries, appears almost from nowhere, little is known about his background. He is contacted by, and forms a bond with, the female protagonist Meguru. He also got himself and his friends and allies chased by two unknown hostile attackers who vow to either "stop" him or destroy him, and is capable of massive teleport between worlds in some dire situation. Even his hair is white.
- Mystical White Hair: He has a full head of white hair and the ability to transform into Didarion.
- The Stoic: He's perpetually stone-faced and talks in monotone during non-combat situations.
- Trapped in Another World: Dimensional distortions at the end of the prologue stage cause him and Meguru to get sent to one of the initial four worlds.
- Ultraman Copy: Being a normal-sized humanoid who transforms into a giant, Dido/Didarion takes after the titular warriors from the Ultra Series.
The heroine who serves as the Didarion's observer, Meguru is the daughter to Professor Daimon, head of "MART", and is a "Phenomena", individuals who use special neural abilities called "Third Man Phenomenon". She pilots the "Merafdin", another Humongous Mecha discovered on the Eltsard.
- Affectionate Nickname: She's more commonly referred to as "Meg."
- Everyone Can See It: A pre-Raid Battle conversation has the MART pilots discuss their "favorite people,"note , and Eunice claims that "everyone already knows Meg's pick."
- The Leader: She serves as this for MART's test pilots.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her outfit does a great job of showing off her large chest, and is barely long enough to cover her lower torso.
- Only I Can Make It Go: The Merafdin can only be used by Phenomena like Meguru due to its user interface taking advantage of the Third Man Phenomenon.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She has pink hair, and was the only member of her team that treated the Didarion as more than a machine,note trying her best to communicate with it.
- Ship Tease: She forms a notable bond with Dido, with her trying to communicate with and understand him even when she only knew him as the Didarion, while he makes great efforts to protect her. This gets more blatant in a certain pre-Raid Battle conversation: the other MART pilots ask Haza if Dido getting married and having kids with a human could lead to potential offspring with the ability to transform like he can. And while Haza claims that the chances of that are extremely low, Meg clearly wasn't paying attention, as the phrase "marrying Dido" is on repeat in her head.
- Stripperific: Her outfit is clearly geared towards Fanservice.
- Trapped in Another World: Dimensional distortions cause her and Dido to get sent to one of the initial four worlds.
The sub-heroine and Meguru's co-worker, Yunna originally volunteered to join the air force, training to become a fighter pilot, but was drafted into MART when her abilities as a Phenomena were discovered. She pilots a Grafdin, a "Dominant Trooper" developed by MART using data from the Merafdin that harnesses Third Man Phenomenon.
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin has a mostly reddish color, with light brown highlights.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Has short, black hair, and is reserved almost to the point of being cold.
- Likes Older Men: Implied; Eunice claims that Yunna is "weak to older men," and despite her embarrassment, Yuuna doesn't refute this claim. Incidentally, her choice for "favorite person" was Mardukas.
- Trapped in Another World: She ends up getting sent to "World 2" at the end of the prologue chapter.
A Phenomena test pilot for MART who previously worked in human resources for one of their Japanese partner companies, Sakimi has a mild and serious personality, but with a strong sense of curiosity.
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin is blue with light brown highlights.
- Token Wholesome: Played with; she's the only member of the Grafdin pilots whose outfit exposes no skin below her neck, giving her a prim and proper appearance. However, said outfit manages to highlight her figure, and she still has a large chest that bounces in her pilot cut-ins.
- Trapped in Another World: She ends up getting sent to "World 1" at the end of the prologue chapter.
A test pilot for MART, Linaria was previously a MART engineer until she was drafted to use a Grafdin upon discovering she was a Phenomena.
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin is a mostly bluish color, with purple highlights. The sensors located in the head are also stronger than other Grafdins.
- Acro Fatic: Despite her body shape, her Grafdin focus on agility, and the her SSR attack component has buff on it as well.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Linaria is considerably bigger and chubbier than other original characters seen in Super Robot Wars, but that doesn't stop her from being attractive.
- Gyaru Girl: her character design is reminiscent of one.
- The Quiet One: She doesn't talk much, and whatever she does say tends to be very straight-forward.
- Stripperific Her outfit exposes too much skin to be very practical.
- Trapped in Another World: She ends up getting sent to "World 3" at the end of the prologue chapter.
- Wrench Wench: She started as one of MART's mechanics before she was transferred to the piloting department.
A former idol with strong spiritual awareness, after starring in a movie where she displayed Third Man Phenomenon, Maiko now works as a test pilot for MART.
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin is a dull yellow color, with reddish highlights. The head is also more geared towards electronic warfare.
- Girlish Pigtails: Which are less about her being cute and childish and more about her wanting to look cute and childish, as a former idol.
- Mood-Swinger: She is usually serious and focused, but also friendly. When she gets into a fight inside her Grafdin, she turns a lot more aggressive, to the point that Tekkadan claims that she would fit right in as a member.
- Trapped in Another World: She ends up getting sent to "World 4" at the end of the prologue chapter.
- Uncanny Valley Makeup: She wears TONS of facial makeups to showcase her idol past, which made her look a little uncanny. And on the top of that, she still sounds very cutesy and has big boobs. But regardless of how uncanny she is, she's still a positive girl.
A positive thinking girl and an excellent software engineer, now work as a test pilot for MART. She serves as the de-facto protagonist of "World 5."
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin is painted in a military-like color scheme. It's also modified for closed range combat.
- Badass Adorable: Her cute appearance belies her piloting skills.
- Berserk Button: Downplayed; she gets mildly annoyed at most when people say she looks like a kid.
- Blush Sticker: Has a noticeable unusual red spot on her cheeks which may or may not part of her race's featured.
- Calling Your Attacks: Complete with Hot Blood shout, despite piloting a Real-type mecha.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Her name is briefly mention back into early game, but it's not until the "World 5" update in which she is actually seen. In fact, as Dido and Meg don't make an appearance in this world, she ends up serving as the protagonist for the initial duration.
- Daddy's Girl: Implied; when the MART pilots are discussing their "favorite people," Yuuna tells her that she can't choose her dad.
- Genki Girl: Downplayed; she is professional and far from childish, but she definitely comes across as energetic when her group consists of stoics like Heero, Akito, and Inaho, or more mature adults like Banjo or Duke
- Older Than She Looks: Look about 14-15 but is said to be older than that. According to her voice actress, this is due to her not being human.
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Her outfit has high back exposure, not that you can see it in the game's illustration.
- Teen Genius: She excels at creating software and other such programs, as well as make them very easy to understand for others. Of course, this is assuming that she actually qualifies as a teenager.
- Trapped in Another World: She ends up getting sent to "World 5" at the end of the prologue chapter.
A former nurse, she joins MART and also pilots a Grafdin of her own. She serves as the de-facto protagonist on "World 6".
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin's gun is a prototype of the Merafdin's Evariful.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Like Eunice, her name was briefly mentioned right after Eunice reunited with Meguru and her team, and Bennette ended up in the same position as Eunice, stuck in World 6 alone.
- Cool Big Sis: She takes the role of a big sister figure for the various grade-schooler heroes involved in World 6, such as Daichi from Granzort and Wataru.
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe: Her default outfit is very snug around her various curves.
- Hospital Hottie: She's an attractive woman who previously worked as a nurse before joining MART. Additionally, her swimsuit shows just how big her chest is.
- Rollerblade Good: Her Grafdin is equipped with roller skates for increased mobility.
- Trapped in Another World: She ends up getting sent to "World 6" at the end of the prologue chapter.
A resident of the gate connecting the various worlds
- Mystical White Hair: Her white hair serves to emphasize her non-human nature.
A pilotless, sentient giant that stands in the Didarion's way, Angilon is the one of the antagonists of Super Robot Wars DD.