Classic Timeline: 1 | 2, 3, 4/F/Final
Classic Subseries: Masou Kishin | Compati Hero Series
Alpha Saga: Alpha/Shin/Super Hero Sakusen | Alpha Gaiden | 2nd Alpha | 3rd Alpha
Compact Series: Compact 2/Impact | Compact 3 | MX
Z Saga: Z | 2nd Z | 3rd Z | Walking Spoilers
Nintendo Handheld Series: A | R | D | J | W | K | L | UX | BX
VTX Trilogy: V | X | T
Other Standalones: 64 | GC | NEO | OE | X-Ω | DD | 30
Original Generation Saga: Steel Dragon Battle Group | Earth Federation | Enemy Factions | Civilians and Walking Spoilers | Endless Frontier
The protagonist and a boy who holds the key to the mystery surrounding the giant humanoid weapon, "Didarion", which was discovered aboard an extaterrestial battleship called the Eltsard in the Antarctic ice cap.
- Amnesiac Hero: About all he remembers is his name and his mission to protect humans.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: A male example, At the end of any final stage of World 1-4 in Prologue. Where he had to face against Angilon and Mabilon. The current Big Good will immediately order the troops to protect him. He slightly mellow out and more open to his allies afterward.
- Does Not Like Shoes: For whatever reason, he does not appear to have any type of footwear.
- Ineffectual Loner: Dido distances himself from others; about the only person he opens up to is Meguru.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: The Didarion Zaam form.
- Mysterious Waif: Gender inverted. He is full of mysteries, appears almost from nowhere, little is known about his background. He being contacted by the female protagonist Meguru and it seems that some kind of bond is between them. He also got himself and his friends and allies chased by two unknown hostile attackers who vow to either "stop" him or destroy him, and is capable of massive teleport between worlds in some dire situation. Even his hair is white.
- Mystical White Hair: Has a full head of white hair and the ability to transform into Didarion.
- Trapped in Another World: Dimensional distortions at the end of the prologue stage cause him and Meguru to get sent to one of the initial four worlds.
The heroine who serves as the Didarion's observer, Meguru is the daughter to Professor Daimon, head of "MART", and is a "Phenomena", individuals who use special neural abilities called "Third Man Phenomenon". She pilots the "Merafdin", another Humongous Mecha discovered on the Eltsard.
- The Leader: She serves as this for MART's test pilots.
- Only I Can Make It Go: The Merafdin can only be used by Phenomena like Meguru due to its user interface taking advantage of the Third Man Phenomenon.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: She has pink hair, and is the only member of her team that treats the Didarion as more than a machine, trying her best to communicate with it.
- Trapped in Another World: Dimensional distortions cause her and Dido to get sent to one of the initial four worlds.
The sub-heroine and Meguru's co-worker, Yunna originally volunteered to join the air force, training to become a fighter pilot, but was drafted into MART when her abilities as a Phenomena were discovered. She pilots a Grafdin, a "Dominant Trooper" developed by MART using data from the Merafdin that harnesses Third Man Phenomenon.
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin has a mostly reddish color, with light brown highlights.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Has short, black hair, and is reserved almost to the point of being cold.
- Bare Your Midriff: She is wearing a sports bra over a military jacket.
- Trapped in Another World: She ends up getting sent to "World 2" at the end of the prologue chapter.
A Phenomena test pilot for MART who previously worked in human resources for one of their Japanese partner companies, Sakimi has a mild and serious personality, but with a strong sense of curiosity.
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin is blue with light brown highlights.
A test pilot for MART, Linaria was previously a MART engineer until she was drafted to use a Grafdin upon discovering she was a Phenomena.
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin is a mostly bluish color, with purple highlights. The sensors located in the head are also stronger than other Grafdins.
- Acro Fatic: Despite her body shape, her Grafdin focus on agility, and the her SSR attack component has buff on it as well.
- Bare Your Midriff: her already skimpy clothing exposes her stomach for all its glory.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Linaria is considerably bigger and chubbier than other original characters seen in Super Robot Wars, but that doesn't stop her from being attractive.
- Gyaru Girl: her character design is reminiscent of one.
- The Quiet One: She doesn't talk much, and whatever she does say tends to be very straight-forward.
- Trapped in Another World: She ends up getting sent to "World 3" at the end of the prologue chapter.
- Wrench Wench: She started as one of MART's mechanics before she was transferred to the piloting department.
A former idol with strong spiritual awareness, after starring in a movie where she displayed Third Man Phenomenon, Maiko now works as a test pilot for MART.
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin is a dull yellow color, with reddish highlights. The head is also more geared towards electronic warfare.
- Trapped in Another World: She ends up getting sent to "World 4" at the end of the prologue chapter.
- Uncanny Valley Makeup: She wears TONS of facial makeups to showcase her idol past, which made her look a little uncanny. And on the top of that, she still sounds very cutesy and has big boobs. But regardless of how uncanny she is, she's still a positive girl.
A positive thinking girl and an excellent software engineer, now work as a test pilot for MART. She made an appearance and serves as the protagonist in "World 5."
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin is painted in a military-like color scheme. It's also modified for closed range combat.
- Badass Adorable: Just look at her!
- Berserk Button: Downplayed, She mildly get annoyed at best when people say she looks like a kid.
- Blush Sticker: Has a noticeable unusual red spot on her cheeks which may or may not part of her race's featured.
- Calling Your Attacks: Complete with Hot Blood shout, despite piloting a Real-type mecha.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Her name is briefly mention back into early game, but it's not until the "World 5" update in which she is actually seen. In fact, as Dido and Meg don't make an appearance in this world, she ends up serving as the protagonist for the initial duration.
- Genki Girl: Downplayed, she is quiet professional and far from childish. But she definitely comes across as energetic when her group consists of stoics like Heero, Akito, and Inaho, or more mature adults like Banjo or Duke
- Older Than She Looks: Look about 14-15 but is said to be older than that. According to her voice actress, she isn't a human.
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Her outfit has high back exposure, not that you can see it in the game's illustration.
- Teen Genius: She is very excel in creating software and such programmed, As well as made it very easy to understand for the other.
- Trapped in Another World: She ends up getting sent to "World 5" at the end of the prologue chapter.
A former nurse, she joins MART and also pilots a Grafdin of her own. She serves as a heroine in "World 6".
- Ace Custom: Her Grafdin's gun is a prototype of the Merafdin's Evariful.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Like Eunice, her name was briefly mentioned right after Eunice reunited with Meguru and her team, and Bennette ended up in the same position as Eunice, stuck in World 6 alone.
- Cool Big Sis: She's the big sister figure for the various grade-schooler heroes involved in World 6 (Daichi and Wataru.)
- Hospital Hottie: An attractive woman who was a nurse before joinng MART. Additionally, she has big jugs when she put on her swimsuit.
- Rollerblade Good: Her Grafdin is equipped with roller skates for increased mobility.
- Trapped in Another World: She ends up getting sent to "World 6" at the end of the prologue chapter.
A pilotless, sentient giant that stands in the Didarion's way, Angilon is the one of the antagonists of Super Robot Wars DD.
A similar giant allied with Angilon, it is on the relentless hunt for the Didarion.