Classic Timeline: 1 | 2, 3, 4/F/Final
Classic Subseries: Masou Kishin | Compati Hero Series
Alpha Saga: Alpha/Shin/Super Hero Sakusen | Alpha Gaiden | 2nd Alpha | 3rd Alpha
Compact Series: Compact 2/Impact | Compact 3 | MX
Z Saga: Z | 2nd Z | 3rd Z | Walking Spoilers
Nintendo Handheld Series: A | R | D | J | W | K | L | UX | BX
VTX Trilogy: V | X | T
Other Standalones: 64 | GC | NEO | OE | X-Ω | DD | 30
Original Generation Saga: Steel Dragon Battle Group | Earth Federation | Enemy Factions | Civilians and Walking Spoilers | Endless Frontier
Saijou Heavy Industries
The main protagonist of GC/XO. Originally, they were just one character with two gender choices and some differences depending on the selected gender but, similar to Raul and Fiona, the Original Generation timeline incorparated both of them by spliting them into twins, with Akimi as the "younger" brother, and Akemi as the "older" sister.
16 year old highschool students and the children of Saijou Heavy Industries' president, they get involved in the war when they pilot their newest experimental machine which, depending on player choice, is either the real robot Soul Gunner or the super robot Soul Saber.
They are both pushed by their father into becoming test pilots for his company's machines. Akimi doesn't get along well with his father due to his father's aggressive perfectionism and his own stubborn personality. However, Akemi gets along with him decently enough because of her more cheerful personality.
In Super Robot Wars Original Generation: The Moon Dwellers, Akimi seems to only pilot the Soul Saber FF, while his sister seems to only pilot the Soul Saber GG, with the other sibling working as a sub-pilot depending on the machine out.
- Adaptation Personality Change: While Akimi does still butt heads with his dad in either game, it's for opposite reasons: in their debut game, the kids were more or less forced by their father into test piloting the company robot, while in The Moon Dwellers, they're the ones insisting on piloting, against their father's wishes.
- Ascended Fanboy: In OG, Akimi became a BIG fan for the Steel Dragon Group from watching their exploits on the net, and he fanboys over many of their mechas. And then he gets to be the part of the group. He is especially fond of the SRX, as unlike, say, the Compatible Kaiser (which is, as he puts, "just a Super Robot"), it is more a result of the latest advancements in technology.
- Half-Identical Twins: Original Generation only
- Leitmotif: Both Akatsuki siblings have "Charge the Souls of Fighters", "Splendid Star", "Chance of Victory", and "Real Ability".
- Mecha Expansion Pack: Soul Gunner Storm for Soul Gunner, Soul Lancer Burst for Soul Lancer.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: Super Soul Saber for Soul Saber, Soul Lancer for Soul Gunner.
- Talking in Your Sleep: Akemi seems to have a habit of this.
The secretary to Akimi's father, she serve's as the sub-pilot for either of the Akatsuki's.
She was originally a member of Gadisword but escaped to Earth after finding out about Helluga's mad plans to obtain the C.U.B.E./X.E.N.O.N. Engine to rule the universe.
In The Moon Dwellers, she becomes a subpilot upon the Akatsuki's upgrading to the Super Soul Saber.
- Adaptational Late Appearance: In GC/XO, Fairey has been with the Akatsuki since the beginning of the game. In The Moon Dwellers, she came a little later in the story, the role subpilot of Soul Saber/Gunner in this case normally belonged to either of the Akatsuki's siblings and their relationship hasn't been that established.
- Cool Big Sis: 25 years old, intelligent (got a doctorate degree within the short time she arrived on Earth) and has a no-nonsense personality. She is viewed as this by either of the Akatsuki's, though this is mostly in GC/XO, as she didn't land on Earth until after The Moon Dwellers had already gotten underway.
- Meaningful Name: Fairey Firefly was the name of a two-seater airplane during World War II. She's the sub pilot of Akemi Akatsuki's mecha.
- Sole Survivor: She, Sieg, and Sally are the only surviving Gadiswordians at the end of The Moon Dwellers.
President of Saijou Heavy Industries', he has a very strong sense of justice and has yearned to be a hero ever since he was a child. He is the aggressive type that will rush and push those around if he feels there is a need. That aside, he's a successful businessman who has very good management skills, an exceptional network of contacts and has considerable say in political and business circles.
Pretty much pushes his offspring into test piloting for his companies' machines note .
- Adaptation Personality Change: In The Moon Dwellers, he was against the idea of letting his kids be test pilots, and even after letting up, he is adamant that they avoid the front lines. This makes him the opposite of his GC/XO self.
- The Perfectionist: Is willing to push his employees if he thinks it's necessary. It has lead to him and his company being highly successful, however it also cost him his relationship with his son.
A member of Gadisword, and Akemi's rival. He has a rough personality and is prone to anger, but he's also very intelligent, and is quick to realize that Akemi is pretty clumsy.
In GC/XO, he pilots the Cloud Harken, which requires a pilot with good piloting skills. In The Moon Dwellers, he instead pilots the Leonisis Harga.
- Adaptational Heroism: In The Moon Dwellers, he and Sally are never fought as enemies before they join the heroes. They even make an early playable appearance on the space route.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: With Akemi, with her being the Boke and Sieg being the Tsukkomi.
- Heel–Face Turn: Both he and Sally had doubts about the organization they were working for and later switched sides.
- Leitmotif: He and Sally share "Slashing Beat".
- The Rival: To Akemi in GC/XO. Not in OG, however, as he's already defected by the time they even meet.
- Ship Tease: With Akemi. In her ending, she's jokingly running away and having an embarrassed Sieg catch up to her so that he can confess his feelings.
- The Smart Guy
- Sole Survivor: Alongside Sally and Fairey, at the end of their plot in The Moon Dwellers.
A member of Gadisword, and Akimi's rival. She has a calm and kind-hearted personality, but she's pretty inexperienced when it comes to love matters so her interactions with Akimi always tend to be comedic.
In GC/XO, she pilots the Kreuz Wahrheit. In The Moon Dwellers, she instead pilots the Leonisis Varga.
- Adaptational Heroism: See Sieg's entry.
- Anti-Villain: She's very polite and friendly, and she has a good (if awkward) relationship with the main protagonist. If you are describing her to someone unfamiliar with her, and then you reveal her affiliation, expect the reaction to be "Wait, whaddya mean she's working for the bad guys?". It doesn't last though. In the OG timeline, she qualifies even less as a villain, as noted above.
- Big Brother Worship: Towards Sieg Altreet. They're not biological siblings, but she respects him like a little sister would a big brother.
- Heel–Face Turn: Both she and Sieg had doubts about the organization they were working for and later switched sides.
- Leitmotif: She and Sieg share "Slashing Beat".
- The Rival: To Akimi in GC/XO. Not in OG, however, as she's already defected by the time they even meet.
- Ship Tease: With Akimi. In his ending, Sally asks Akimi if they will be together forever walking the same path while blushing with Akimi replying yes to her.
- Sole Survivor: At the end of the GC finale in The Moon Dwellers, she, Fairey, and Sieg are the only surviving Gadiswordians left in the universe.
One of Gadisword's commanders. Despite her usually rather calm demeanor, she loves inflicting pain on others, and believes that being cruel is necessary in order to survive within the Gadisword.
In GC/XO, she pilots the Guardial Blood, while in The Moon Dwellers, she pilots the Gyanonia Braga.
A member of Gadisword, and once Fairey's lover. He was captured and brainwashed by, though by then he figured out Hellruga's plot, and decided to let Fairey escape from it all.
He pilots the Oudai in GC/XO and the Gyanonia Ogre in The Moon Dwellers. Both are Grim Reaper-esque mecha.
The de facto leader of Gadisword, and main antagonist of GC/XO.
In GC/XO he pilots the Araunzer, a juggernaut of a machine powered by the C.U.B.E./X.E.N.O.N. Engine. His mech for The Moon Dwellers is the Araunzer Frolaga.
- Big Bad: He's the main antagonist of GC.
- Determinator: He has no problem crushing all opposition in order to obtain the power of the C.U.B.E./X.E.N.O.N. Engine, no matter who it is. If it's in the way, it's dead to him.
- Leitmotif: "Hantareta Kyoki" ("Madness Unleashed")
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: His first name starts with "Hell". The only way they could've made his villainy more obvious is if his last name was "Satanberg".
- Spell My Name with an S: Helluga or Hellruga?
- Take Over the World: Wants to use the power of the C.U.B.E./X.E.N.O.N. Engine to become king of the universe.