Classic Timeline: 1 | 2, 3, 4/F/Final
Classic Subseries: Masou Kishin | Compati Hero Series
Alpha Saga: Alpha/Shin/Super Hero Sakusen | Alpha Gaiden | 2nd Alpha | 3rd Alpha
Compact Series: Compact 2/Impact | Compact 3 | MX
Z Saga: Z | 2nd Z | 3rd Z | Walking Spoilers
Nintendo Handheld Series: A | R | D | J | W | K | L | UX | BX
VTX Trilogy: V | X | T
Other Standalones: 64 | GC | NEO | OE | X-Ω | DD | 30
Original Generation Saga: Steel Dragon Battle Group | Earth Federation | Enemy Factions | Civilians and Walking Spoilers | Endless Frontier
The protagonist of BX and 17-year old boy. His father Makoto died half a year prior to the game's start, leaving him with his mother Mari and Yuki, a girl brought in to live them. One day, he encounters Falsaber, when suddenly, Destrook soldiers attack his town.
To protect his home, he fuses with Falsaber to pilot him.
- Not Blood Siblings: With Yuki. Interestingly, they never explicitly refer to each other as siblings; Yuki calls him by his name (despite calling Mari "Mom"), and at most, he says he's her "family."
- Ordinary High-School Student: He continues the more recent trend of Super Robot Wars protagonists being ordinary young men with a strong sense of justice who just happen to be at the right place at the right time to pilot a Humongous Mecha and help save the world. Incidentally, Falsaber doesn't seem to have any real requirements for fusing with somebody, making it more ridiculous as why it has to be him. Well, until it turns out that Falsaber's old pilot was his dad, anyway.
The heroine of BX and a girl of around 14 years of age with almost no memory of her past. For the past half-year, she's been living with Youta and Mari, and already seems to have settled into their family. A perpetually happy individual with an interest with in ruins and ancient cultures.
She joins Youta in fusing with Falsaber.
- Catchphrase: "I know that" and "I learned something." Somewhat makes sense, given her lack of memory from before her adoption.
- To a lesser extent, she also says, "You can't have it; it's mine," whenever she thinks somebody wants something of hers. Which they never do.
- Genki Girl: She's very energetic and spontaneous.
- Not Blood Siblings: She was adopted into Youta's family a few months before the game's start.
A living knight-like Super Robot whose mission is to protect the world from otherworldly threats such as Destrook.
- Combining Mecha: Once he returns, he and Bruvictor can combine into Glitter Falsaber. Or rather, they can resume their original form as Glitter Falsaber.
- Leitmotif: 4 of them.
- Meaningful Name: "Fal" comes from the Stone of Fál, one of the Four Treasures of the Tuatha Dé Danann. Falsaber is powered by four treasures, but only starts the game with one due to damage. The saber should be obvious.
- Parental Substitute: He seems to be trying to act like a surrogate father towards Youta and Yuki, which is somewhat played for laughs in regards to the latter, given his distress at her wearing the Hachiryoukaku's togas. Given that Youta's father was his previous pilot, it makes sense.
A living Super Robot tasked as Destrook's guardian. His primary objective is the defeat of Falsaber.
It turns out he and Falsaber were originally a single being until they were forcibly separated, with him being brainwashed by Divoti. Upon learning this, he wanders around until eventually deciding to join with the heroes. During his time in Bright-iX before Falsaber's return, he fuses with Youta and Yuki so that they can pilot him.
- Combining Mecha: See Falsaber's entry.
- HeelFace Turn: After regaining his memories as part of Falsaber, he eventually decides to lend his power towards Youta and Yuki.
- Leitmotif: He's got two.
- Meaningful Name: The "Bru" in "Bruvictor" comes from Brionac, often stated in Japanese works to be the name of Lugh's spear, though the actual usage of the name is Irish texts is rare.
Essentially production model copies of Bruvictor created and rolled out after his betrayal of Destrook.
- Evil Knockoff: Of Bruvictor back when during his Destrook days.
Loyal servant of Valgeass who directly leads Destrook in his absence.
A living dragon-esque Super Robot and the head of Destrook.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: A living Super Robot gone rogue.
- Big Bad: The main antagonist of the game.
- Leitmotif: "Valgeass and Destrook", which he shares with Divoti.
- Meaningful Name: The enemy of two Super Robots named after items from Celtic Mythology contains Geas, a curse responsible for the deaths of many Irish heroes.
- Super Mode: "Valgeass Dragoon," using the power of the boundary on himself.
A mysterious man appearing on the true final stage. He has actually attained godhood and claims to have guided humanity's evolution throughout the ages.
- Greater-Scope Villain: He is the godly entity Valgeass wants to summon and absorb his powers from.
- Leitmotif: "Distorted Gospel ~ He Who Determined The Evolution Of Life" (WARNING: THE FOLLOWING LINK CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS)
- Physical God
- True Final Boss: He can only be fought if you unlock all the secrets in one playthrough. All of them.