This is the Character page for the cast.
- Child Prodigy: All eighteen of them were accepted into Hope's Peak Academy for their skills in their respective fields.
- Dwindling Party: Naturally, since they are placed in a killing game.
- Deadly Game: It's a Danganronpa roleplay. What did you expect?
- Gender-Equal Ensemble: Eight males and eight females.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Occasionally occurs among the campers regarding discord.
Ultimate DDR Player
When hearing about the E Sports world, one of the first people youll think about first is Hiroto Uemori, the third time world champion on DDR, who dyes his hair a different color after each victory. The 19 year old boy from Osaka has been competing in E Sports since he was 13, quickly becoming a professional DDR player. After his third consecutive win in the world championships, Hopes Peak Academy scouted him.
He speaks in a Kansai dialect, and carries around a plush penguin named PJ.
Becomes the victim of Chapter 1 from poison, and first victim overall of the killing game.
- Cool People Rebel Against Authority: Did not approve of Shizuka's idea of a democracy, stating that he hates them.
- Dye Hard: As stated in his profile, he dyes his hair a different color every time he wins a contest.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Owns a stuffed penguin named PJ, which he occasionally balances on his head.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: His status as the first victim cuts short any future interactions with him.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
Haise was raised by his grandparents in a rural part of Japan. As a child he was very sickly and spent most of his time in a hospital, during this time he became fascinated with medical sciences, especially radiology. He decided to leave his grandparents to spend time studying this in the city where medicine is more advanced. He still checks up on them of course.
He towers over the rest of the students at 6'5 (195cm) and is in fact, a cyclops.
The third victim of the killing game, dead in the lab, with glass shards embedded into him.
- Cyclops: What his bangs hide.
- Blinding Bangs: Lampshaded by Yuuto in the first trial. It's to hide his one eye.
- Bound and Gagged: Minus the gagged part, he is handcuffed and placed in the Hall of Fame as of chapter 3 on Miyako's orders, after witnessing his behavior in the lab. He is eventually freed after apologizing to her.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Shows odd behaviour in many situations, much to the dismay of the other students. Lampshaded by Takahiko, who wonders how smart he actually is, seeing his talent.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Falls into this briefly during the first trial, thanks to Kaiba. The others don't share the same sentiment.
- Driven to Suicide: It's revealed that his death is this, having requested Ayato to kill him.
- Genius Breeding Act: Haise's initial reasoning for being trapped, much to the horror of those listening.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Expresses this to Katashi after being rejected by Yuudai, blaming it on his features, and expressed fear that he was doomed to be alone for the rest of his life.
- I Just Want to Have Friends
- Intoxication Ensues: Consumes a strange pink liquid (that he made himself, no less) in the lab, only to get extremely out of it, acting like a giggly child. It takes the combined effort of Miyako, Takahiko and Katashi (and a tazer jab by Shirokuma) to drag him back to the Hall of Fame. It is later revealed that it was indeed Haise's attempt at creating alcohol, which Katashi calls him out for.
- Forceful Kiss: Gives one to Yuudai in an attempt to convey his feelings towards him. It doesn't work, and Haise is harshly rejected.
- Engaging Conversation: All of his crushes have started this way, with him falling for them even without a single conversation.
- Manchild: Becomes this after consuming the strange liquid he made, which turned out to be alcohol. No one is amused at this behavior at all.
- Shipper on Deck: Actively tried to play cupid between Yuuto and Ryotei. While they do get together eventually, neither of them were impressed with Haise's attempts.
- Ship Sinking: See below.
- All Love Is Unrequited: All of his love interests have shot him down for varying reasons, with Yuudai/Ayato being most notable, as seen above. He later holds some affection towards Takahiko after the lab incident, much to the latter's disgust.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Has this perception about himself. Unfortunately for him, this is likely proven true after the incident in the lab.
- You Gotta Have White Hair
Son of Japans Minister of Defense, Juzo Tetsuo, Kaibas grown up in the cutthroat world of Political bullshit, and elitism. Known mostly for his bad puns, and silver tongue; Kaiba is both the life and death of the party. He is often thought to be untrustworthy due to his intimidating appearance of green hair and sharp teeth, he tends to pass at least the teeth off as his genetics; as for his hair and why hes dyed it, he refuses to answer, as does his father. Its also been rumored theres something wrong with his eyes, though no one can prove this as his eyes are almost always squinted. Regardless of his looks, hes been known to get things done at his current High School as President of his class; the means of which are usually said to be classified.
Recently speaking alongside his father about the Nations security and state of the defense force, its rumored, and hinted heavily at by his father, hell be attending Hopes Peak Academy next semester. Whether because of actual talent or his fathers connections is unclear.
- Asexuality: He has no interest in romance whatsoever.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: It's not known if it's intentional, but his special fruit salad (or Tetsalad) had turkey, turnip and chocolate sauce as part of the ingredients...Mirabel struggled to finish it, and Yuudai was pretty close to having a seizure. He's also added rock candy to coffee before.
- Eyes Always Shut: For some reason, his eyes are usually squinted. He opens them later during the first trial - they're white against a black sclera, much to the shock of the others, and strangely, the attraction of Haise.
- Lethal Chef: Downplayed, but his food doesn't taste too great.
- Pungeon Master: Much to the exasperation of many who find them of poor taste, since he tends to crack them during BD As and trials.
- Scary Teeth: ...How? Just how?
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has green hair, though it is mentioned that it's dyed.
Ultimate Manga Artist
Katashi is a manga artist from Shigai, Hokkaido who goes under the pen name Masumi Hiraga. He is best known for his manga one-shot as the dew as well as his manga series Primarily Wrong, Delusion Sketchbook, and AL Ibi, the latter two being published on Umetarou Girls Series and Monthly Magazine respectively.
A reader of manga since he was young, Kazehaya showed a desire to write his own manga, citing authors Makoto Takezuo and Ayame Otomo as his main inspirations. As a result, he decided to write and enter his own manga for Weekly Shōnen Rock magazine, which he was a fan of.
His favorite food is katsudon, and hates thrill rides more than any other ride. He is also the shortest male at 5'6 (173cm), much to his chagrin. According to his statement in trial 2, he has a twin sister.
- Alliterative Name: Katashi Kazehaya
- Gender-Blender Name: Invoked in-universe, thanks to his pen name, most of the world believes him to be female.
- Idiot Hair: The only one in the cast to have one. Has lead to jokes OOC that he's the protagonist.
- Last-Name Basis: Usually addresses people as such, save for the foreign students, in which he uses their first names.
- Instant Book Deal: As a multi-genre mangaka his work is highly popular, and copies can be found in the library in the third area.
- Nice Guy: He tries to get along with everyone.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: He doesn't take Haise's behaviour well, and irritably calls him out for it. Justified since he witnessed the whole thing, and even suggested dragging him to the Hall of Despair.
- Only Sane Man: He's this when you look at the rest of the male students.
- Pen Name: Masumi Hiraga.
- Precision F-Strike: During Haise's confrontation at the campfire, he swears multiple times out of irritation.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Shoujo manga is one of his specialized genres, and enjoys gardening and cooking.
- Sequential Artist: He's a rising professional manga artist who writes under a feminine pseudonym.
- Significant Sketchbook: Usually carries one with him.
- Straight Gay: Perfectly masculine, and in a committed relationship with his male best friend. Doesn't stray away from domestic chores, though.
- Weirdness Magnet: Somehow, most of the more dramatic incidences occur whenever he's around. Lampshades this during chapter 2's daily life.Katashi: (internally) Oh, what the fuck. Why does this keep happening when he's around? Is he cursed?
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Played straight. He admits that it's natural.
Ultimate Shogi Player
Crowned the best young shogi player in the nation, Ryotei Osho is known for his incredible skill at said game at such a young age. He has competed with the best of the best and come out on top practically every time.
Hes become a shogi legend throughout the country in a short time, often hailed as the Shogi Revolutionary of the Nation, the Dragon King of Game Boards! Its a little too much for him, but he gladly accepts the title regardless.
After scoring a close win at a highly stacked tournament in Shibuya he would soon find an invitation from the very own Hopes Peak Academy in his own hands. With no reason to turn it down, he gladly accepts.
His blood type is AB+. The second victim of the game, found dead in the baths.
- Bury Your Gays
- But Not Too Bi: Stated to be bisexual, yet he only shows interest in Yuuto.
- Self-Deprecation: Tends to put himself down a fair bit, downplaying his own talent against the others.
- Ship Tease: With Yuuto.
- Shrinking Violet: He doesn't really interact with many people.
- Smart People Play Chess: Or shogi.
- Teen Genius: Ryotei is a genius primarily in shogi, having already earned himself the title Meijin at a young age. He was even hailed as the Shogi Revolutionary of the Nation, the Dragon King of Game Boards.
- The Lost Lenore: Is now this to Yuuto, following his death.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Gets one from Yuudai. While still tied up, no less.
Ultimate J-Fashion Designer
Takahiko Fujiwara is a well known male J-Fashion designer, Since a young age he had an interest in J-Fashion and started designing clothes. He comes from a rich family and is known for his roots and charismatic personality as well. He is often the biggest star on fashion shows and meetings. His past isnt a big and impressive thing, he was known to be a star student, often getting the best grades and being praised by teachers, but despite that he clearly has problems in most subjects.
But he kept on with designing clothes and become famous as he started making clothes for famous bands. When he got the invitation to Hope's Peak he felt like his dream of become a world known designer would finally comes true.
- It Amused Me: His reason for his actions in trial 3.
- Bound and Gagged: In Chapter 4, for his actions in trial 3 In which he proved himself to be the one that tampered with the corpse of Haise, and wreaked the pharmacy., minus the "gagged" part. His arms got untied in the morning.
- Bystander Syndrome: Shown under the first trial where he wouldn't even bother to tell anyone his alibi. Justified for the first trial, in where the BDA protected him which caused his lack of interest in the case.
- Camp Straight: Dresses in some rather feminine colors, but the only person he's show affection to is Mica.
- Desecratingthe Dead: In trial 3, he confesses to tampering with Haise's corpse by embedding glass shards into his corpse.
- For the Evulz: He gave no reasons to doing so, simply answering 'just because.'. This is the reason why he was tied up in the next chapter.
- Fashion Designer: His talent.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: He wears a excessive amount of make up, and dresses in pink and white. He also wears heeled shoes.
- Multicolored Hair: Has white hair with pale pink splotches.
- Not a Morning Person: He tends to leave his bungalow much later than the others. And the two days that he decides to get up early, someone is found dead, leading him to wonder if he's cursed.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His right eye is always covered by his hair.
- Smoking Is Glamorous: He smokes cigarettes that emit pink smoke. No one gets it either. Lampshaded by Yuuto in the first trial.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Is slowly becoming this due to his behavior in trial 3, and his general passiveness during trials.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Downplayed. While he is mostly civil to everyone, recent events have proved that he lacks empathy, and deliberately attempted to throw off everyone during trial 3 for his own amusement.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: White with pink splotches.
Takashi Akagawa was finally scouted as the SHSL Caretaker after many attempts in trying to get through to him and the mistakes the scout made due to how different Takashi himself was like when dealing with people who were not kids. He lived and worked in an orphanage as the oldest for the rest of the children. Takashi cares for everyone in the orphanage, cleans, cooks, does the laundry, reads them bedtime stories, soothes crying babies to sleep, washes the ones that cant do it themselves, fights off bullies, and is compassionate towards the younger kids he had to take care of. The life there wasnt the best but he made do with it. He had found what he wanted to do as he took care of the kids and make sure that they would never be hurt or harmed.
His blood type is O, and is one of the more abrasive members of the cast.
- Berserk Button: He's usually rather grumpy, but he nearly lashes out at Yuuto during trial 3 after the latter insulted his orphanage.
- Doesn't Like Guns: Averted. As Ami and Yasashi find out, he has no problems taking a gun with him from the Kurokuma storage.
- Friend to All Children: Likely to be this.
- Hot-Blooded: Downplayed. While he's prone to getting irritated easily, he does attempt not to cause unnecessary trouble
- Hates Everyone Equally: Besides Mica, of course.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He has a pretty aggressive personality, and doesn't get along well with most students. However, his talent involves handling children, and he does look out for a few students. Downplayed, as it seems to extend mostly to people who have a childish demeanor.
- Papa Wolf: To Mica.
- Red Herring: Was set up to be Emiko's killer by the true blackened. It doesn't work, and he even plays a large role in revealing the killer's identity.
- The Power of Friendship: Inverted, as he does not believe in this, especially not in this killing game. He mocks the first victim for being killed by a friend.
- Would Hit a Girl: Fought with Keres when she found out he took a gun from the Kurokuma storage. Justified as she attacked him first.
Yuudai Nanami (Ayato Tsumura)
Ultimate Historian Ultimate Shinobi
At the age of seven, Yuudai was interested in his teachers seminars on Japanese history, he would often read more about it as soon as he got home; neglecting every other subject in favor of learning more about the history of his country. His parents noticed this behavior and tried to get Yuudai to study his other subjects. It ultimately failed as Yuudais scores were mediocre as compared to his almost perfect scores in history. His parents decided to pin their hope on his obsession with history.
After that, following into his early teen years, his entire life revolved around Japanese history. His teachers took notice of this and invited him to speak at various seminars to educate and interpret Japanese history to the public. In this event, Yuudai was scouted by a famous historian traveling around seeking young talent. The presentation Yuudai prepared was used a source for an article that historian later writes months later.
Hopes Peak Academy took notice of Yuudais prowess and his name raising up in the world of Japanese historians and sent him letter to enroll into Hopes Peak Academy as the Ultimate Historian. Revealed to be the Ultimate Shinobi, with Yuudai Nanami being a false name.
Blackened of the third chapter, killing Haise Otsuki at his request, and indirectly causing Yuuto's suicide.
- Bound and Gagged: In Chapter 2, following his behavior during the previous trial, minus the "gagged" part. He is eventually freed.
- Cool Sword: Carries two wakizashi holsters behind his back.
- Easily Forgiven: Averted. Haise and Keres are still angry at him, albeit for differing reasons (but the same source).
- False Confession: In trial 1, when accused, he immediately gave in even though he wasn't responsible.
- Forceful Kiss: Is on the receiving end, as well as an initiator, to Haise and Keres respectively, to show that he wasn't attracted to men (and Haise, by extension).
- Hidden Depths: He's surprisingly strong, and has a good bit of muscle on him.
- Madeof Iron: During Chapter 2, at the pool scene when Takashi was apprehending him, he smashed Yuudai's skull against the pavement multiple times. Later on, Yuudai refused medical treatment for his wounds when he was carried over to the Hall of Despair.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Played with. He expressions a desire to have them, but is "reconsidering possibilities", much to the confusion of some.
- Not Afraid to Die: He admits this is the reason he was so quick to volunteer himself in the first trial, though he admits that it's not a smart way of thinking. Afterwards, he reveals the true reason for this; because he faces the idea of death everything in his life as a shinobi.Yuudai: ...deep down, at the moment, I used my lack of fear of death to empower my words because I much prefer everyone else to live rather than me.Ayato: Very few shinobi return from their tasks and their deaths are often. They do not have time to grief, there is no time for sorrow, only acceptance of their peers' fate. They will openly give their lives to their clan and will expect nothing in return. All shinobi realize this and accept this as their way of life.
- Real Men Hate Sugar: Downplayed. After trying Kaiba's salad (which had chocolate), he muses that while he likes the taste, the effects of the sugar affected his body poorly. Justified that he's never had sweets growing up due to poverty.
- Self-Deprecation: He feels that his sister should have been invited to Hope's Peak instead of him.
- Verbal Weakness: Downplayed for laughs. He doesn't react well when Katashi explains the mechanics of a certain ninja-centric manga, with one point in particular...Katashi: I can't believe I broke him with Naruto.
- You Gotta Have White Hair
Yuuto Takuimaru (Yuuto Yotsuba)
A few months ago videos of incredible skateboard tricks have been popping up all over the internet, all performed by the same, unknown person that appeared basically out of nowhere.
The origin of all the fuzz? A 16 year old boy from Shibuya, named "Yuuto Takuimaru" manages to fascinate the entire world of extreme sports with his sudden occurrence and marvelous display of skills, all while smiling at the cameras and exclaiming cocky phrases. Unlike other people of his trade, Yuuto prefers to display his talent on the streets instead of participating in contests, since he "[...] likes the sense of freedom while riding and the fresh wind blowing past (him)" also he thinks that contests and the like are "for posers" and thus he sticks to the underground skating culture of Shibuya.
But only for so long, since a PR announcement confirmed that Yuuto Takuimaru was enrolling into the prestigious Hope's Peak Academy to further his amazing talent until returning to the streets of his hometown.
Besides being good at skateboarding, he also enjoys creating graffiti.
Life fell short when he died mid-trial of chapter 3, due to assumed overdosage of PTSD medication.
- Alliterative Name: His real name Yuuto Yotsuba.
- Ambiguously Bi: Casually shows interest in Miyako as well as Ryotei.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Tearfully has one when he finds the body of Ryotei.
- Cool Board: Always carries a skateboard with detachable straps on his back. Exaggerated to a point in which he even carried a surfboard with him in his swimming trunks, seeing that he could not take his skateboard with him.
- Cool People Rebel Against Authority: Stated on multiple occasions that he is opposed to a leadership system as it was proposed and discussed. He even participated in arguments concerning the establishment of a governing system among the camp dwellers, sparking several fights with Shizuka. Eventually, the trope is averted after the first trial, where he admits that a council would be for the best.
- Fainting: Performed a Girly Man Faint due to panic after the first motive was revealed.
- Freak Out!: Had several outbursts during the second trial.
- Given Name Reveal: After his death mid-trial in chapter 3 his 'real' surname was revealed to the cast by Kurokuma.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Stated to be straight, yet shows affection towards Ryotei.
- Lampshade Hanging: Often calls out implausibilities in behaviour or other things, like Haise's Blinding Bangs and Takahiko's pink smoke-emitting cigarettes.
- Nervous Wreck: Downplayed. Yuuto is prone to experience panic attacks if he gets overwhelmed. It leads to his downfall when he accidentally overdoses on medication after finding Haise's body, killing him at the trial's climax.
- Nobody Touches the Hair: Exaggerated, as he does not let anyone even touch his beanie.
- Subverted by Ryotei, as Yuuto allowed him to touch his beanie under the condition that he makes him dinner.
- Ship Sinking: Thanks to the events of chapter 2, due to Ryotei's death.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Has a tendency to use harsh vocabulary in many situations.
Yuuto: YOU STUPID FUCKING SONS OF BITCHES, WHY WOULD YOU MORONS DO SOMETHING SO DAMN FUCKING STUPID YOU GODDAMN IDIOTIC PIECES OF SHIT! WHY HIROTO?!.
- An especially drastic display could be witnessed during the first Body Discovery Announcement:
- Ship Tease: With Ryotei.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gave Shizuka one in the daily life segment of the first chapter, even surpassing the 2000 character limit of Discord with his insult-chain.
- Continued at the end of the second trial, but even more fierce due to Ryotei, his late love interest, being killed by Mirabel
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: In the green hair team with Kaiba.
Mica was born and raised in Mikasa City, Hokkaido. While her father was Japanese, her mother was an American who moved to Japan. Because of this mix of nationalities, she tends to like things from both Japan and America, even though she's never been to the latter before.
The family moved to Kyoto after Mica turned ten. She got to learn about the history of the city and took an interest in both local and foreign religions. That's where she discovered runecasting. Though she doesn't necessarily align herself with any belief set, she loves doing readings for people. Maybe intuition, maybe ESP, but she somehow manages to get things right pretty commonly, causing HPA to take a notice in her talent.
Surprisingly, her last name is not known, though she claims her full name to be 'Mica-Mica'.
- But Not Too Foreign: She's half Japanese, half American.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Some of her theories during trials...are questionable, to say the least.
- Easily Impressed: Just take her mesmerized expression toward Keres spinning pens as an example.
- Eject the Loser: What she thinks murders and executions are.
- Fortune Teller: Her talent.
- Game Show Appearance: What she believes her reality is from chapter 1 onward.
- Genki Girl
- Genre Blindness: It's not a game with 'real' murders in it! It's just a game show guys! Yeah, she probably wouldn't realize how truly dangerous it would be to walk around alone at night.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Believed to be this by different people for different reasons. Mostly because she tends to trust everyone.
- Juggling Loaded Guns: By accident! She didn't know it still had a shot left!
- Morality Pet: Is probably this to Takashi.
- Nobody's That Dumb: She's not exactly stupid but she tends to find herself sometimes doing stupid things.
- Phony Psychic: A few people early on believed her to be this or were at least skeptical of her talent with reading runes. This all changed during the chapter 1 trial when she made two readings and they ended up being both accurate and helpful in catching the culprit.
- Plucky Girl
- Selective Obliviousness: It's a game show, guys!
- Super Gullible: Tends to be this a lot, but not entirely.
- Tarot Motifs: Or Runes, in this case.
- The Cutie
- The Ditz: Shows shades of this. Who just takes a gun from someone else and plays with it!?
- The Klutz: Not all the time, but she does have a tendency to fumble her key when entering her room and mess up in cooking, even having dropped a pot once.
- You Gotta Have Silver Hair: Is nicknamed 'Silver' by Kaiba because of this.
Ultimate Classic Pianist
The daughter of one of Japans most famed orchestral directors and his orchestras pianist, Ami has been playing music her entire life. With her parents as her teachers, at least at first, she had her first professional piano recital at age 6 and has been performing since. Though she prefers to take after her mother by playing the piano, she has been trained to play virtually any instrument found in the orchestra, and has even recorded a series of CDs by herself, recording multiple tracks while playing each instrument separately, for which she received the title The One Woman Orchestra. As a performer, she receives request after request to fill in for orchestras all over Japan, and there are even rumors of European interest in her abilities after she graduates.
- Apologises a Lot: Out of politeness, rather than timidity.
- Elegant Classical Musician: Seems to be the case, though she won't hesitate to put her foot down when needed.
- Feminine Women Can Cook
- First-Name Basis: Seemingly in opposition to her otherwise polite behavior, she refers to everyone by their given name.
- Motherly Side Plait
- Nice Girl
- One-Gender School: Went to one up until she entered Hope's Peak.
- True Blue Femininity: She wears a lot of blue.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: She's very polite and graceful.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Played straight, though it's a brighter and lighter shade compared to Katashi.
Emiko Matsukata is very well-known throughout Japan for her extraordinary ventriloquist skills. Her act consists of the sweet and lovable Emiko conversing with her foul mouthed smart ass of a puppet Komachan. Audiences were shocked and bewildered when they first witnessed this sweet girl saying such foul things. Her puppet was so different from her personality, that audiences forgot they were watching a girl controlling a puppet. They truly believed they were watching an interaction between two people. Komachans cartoon like appearance juxtaposed its crude personality and shocked audiences when they heard him speak. She started off performing at small venues but eventually worked her way up to large theaters. She was recruited by Hope's Peak Academy to attend the esteemed institution after a scout witnessed one of her performances.
Other: Her puppet Komachan is the opposite of her personality. He is a wise cracking, smart ass with a crude personality. Emiko talks back and forth with Komachan on a daily basis, he never leaves her side. She considers Komachan to be her big brother, he watches over her and protects her.
The fourth victim, stabbed in the chest and ear with an ice pick.
- Break the Cutie: What the trials have been doing to her.
- Blackmail: Is a victim of this
- Hand Puppet: Komachan
- Genki Girl: For the most part.
- Papa Wolf: Komachan is this to Emiko, fiercely defending her when she can't.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: They're not kidding when they say Komachan's personality is a 180 of Emiko's.
- Ventriloquism: Her talent, and a pretty good one, too.
Ultimate Pen Spinner Ultimate Assassin
Keres Myron, born in Scotland. A regular student initially, she had developed quite the aptitude for pen-spinning without realizing it, to the point of mesmerizing her peers and teachers unknowingly with her skills. A single flick is enough to get her going for several hours straight if needed. After this fact was pointed out to her, Keres decided to take it to a competitive level.
Her absurd skill at performing tricks with up to three pens at once in a marvelous feat of dexterity has led to her winning town and city competitions. Unfortunately as it isnt an official sport, she never gained any real fame outside of small articles.
Still, Hopes Peak had their eye on her, and she was scouted eventually to join as the SHSL Pen Spinner, thanks to her incredible ability to balance objects on her hand precisely with perfect balance, and shifting them around in tricky positions with her fingers alone.
Her favorite animals are eagles, butterflies and spiders.
Is later revealed to be the Ultimate Assassin.
- Apologizes a Lot
- Book Dumb: She's bad at chemistry, and was almost conned by someone into buying dihydrogen monoxide (water) to cure arthritis.
- Fangirl: Of Katashi's works. She even openly drools over some of his sketches once.
- Lack of Empathy: Does not express much sympathy for the victims and murderers. Pity is a maybe. Keres herself is aware of this, and dislikes it for that matter.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Expressed much interest in Hiroto's plush penguin.
- Last Disrespects: After the conclusion of trial 1, she bluntly asked if she could have Hiroto's penguin, much to the disturbance of Katashi. Later in chapter 4, she lodged butterfly knives into the portraits of the dead students, claiming it as her way of giving respects.
- No Social Skills
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: The moment she finds out someone brought a gun to the campfire, she fights with Takashi over it, even pushing away Mica when she tries to intervene. Katashi calling her out is what snaps her out of her violent state.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Occasionally expresses this towards her talent.
- Shrinking Violet
Ultimate Lion Tamer
The young lion tamer from Lyon and one of the Starlight Circus brightest stars, Mirabel Leclair draws in crowds from all around. Born and raised in France, when her talent was brought to the attention of the owner of the traveling circus, despite her young age of fourteen, he took a chance that she would become one of his biggest draws and invited her to join them.
The traveling circus has brought her around across most of Europe, her act selling out wherever she went. In addition to performing shows with them, its known that she personally handles the care for the animals under her command. Its said even the most uncooperative beast will follow any command she gives after only a short amount of time with her. In her off time between shows she likes to explore the city theyre in, take in the sights, meet new people and try anything that might be fun.
Surprisingly, she is a drinker, and occasionally smokes, despite her age. She is also a vegetarian. Found unconscious and bloodied atop of the stairs to her bungalow in chapter 2, but is not the victim of the trial. Instead, she is the blackened, and she is executed by being mauled by lions.
- Book Dumb: Thought that dihydrogen monoxide was a poisonous substance with Keres...until Katashi informed her it was water. Downplayed, as since she took her classes in her third language (Japanese), she often had trouble.
- Death by Irony: She's a lion tamer, yet died at the hands of the same big cats.
- Lethal Chef: Her attempt at making pasta...didn't go very well, to say the least.
Ultimate Forensic Sketch Artist
Miyako Ryoumiya, daughter of a famous Italian realism artist, started as a forensic sketch artist when she was relatively young, only 13-years of age. Her uncle was a police inspector who would frequently talk to her about the crimes that he would help solve, and our overly interested heroine would constantly try push him for more and more details.
One night, her uncle managed to sneak Miyako into the police station so she could explore with interest, and she discovered an occupied room when she wandered off. In this room, she met a man that was to be convicted for a mugging. After the man claimed he didn't commit the mugging to her, Miyako took out her sketch pad and drew a portrayal of the real criminal that the man told her was their real culprit. Whilst her Uncle was initially mad at her for wandering off, her sketch intrigued him. Using Miyako's sketch, the actual culprit was caught the day after, and the innocent man she helped was able to go free.
Since that incident, her Uncle brought Miyako to meet with more and more witnesses to crimes, and Miyako provided her Uncle with as many accurate sketches as she could, which resulted in an arrest every single time. Due to her excellent performance, Miyako was allowed to work with her uncle after-school at the station, and news of not only her artistic talent, but her impressive skills in finding criminals grew and grew.
Soon Miyako was not only sketching appearances of culprits, but full crime scenes based on the witness's accounts, and she often managed to go to crime scenes to recreate technical drawings of the scene to stunning detail. She also sketches more morbid drawings, such as skeletal, decomposed, or mutilated images, she can reconstruct crime scenes, and artistically enhances missing details from photographs and beyond. Miyako has prided herself ever since on the criminology skills she developed as a forensic sketch artist, and believes herself to be amongst the best of crime fighters, along with the police.
- But Not Too Foreign: Mother of Italian descent, while her father is native Japanese.
- Not So Above It All: Stacked placemats on top of Keres' head while she slept, even encouraging Katashi to do so as well.
- Only Sane Man: She's very level-headed...most of the time.
- Significant Sketchbook: Like Katashi, she owns one as well.
- The Ace: Is this during the trials, often helping the most in terms of piecing things together.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Does this **multiple times** to Haise, once when he broke down in the cafe in front of her and Katashi, and later when he ingested the strange self-made liquid and acted childishly and out of hand. Even after he sobers up, his behavior still angers her, and she instructs that he is to be hand-cuffed until further notice.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
Momoko Yuzuki is well known for her therapeutic use of massaging. From the young age of 14 she was working in some of the most high end establishments in the country, and only a year later, she was travelling around the country to serve those who requested her service, though it came with a hefty price
Eventually, Momoko landed a spotlight on a radio show, where she was interviewed, and her talents were show cased. This gave her career a kickstart past what it had previously been, and soon after her appearance on that show, she was sent an invitation to Hopes Peak Academy.
For some reason, she's very used to sleeping in odd places.
The fourth blackened of the game, killing Emiko after catching her ransacking her room. Her punishment breaks all of her bones with a "massage", with a pack of dogs being unleashed upon her.
- Big Eater
- Beware the Quiet Ones: She proves to be rather nasty when she's revealed as Emiko's murderer.
- Not a Morning Person
Come one and all, darlings, to see the greatest accurate shot in all of Japan! The Hawkeyed Empress, Shizuka Oshiro!
Crowds of people gathered from all over the country as they watched a sixteen year girl, poised and confident, draw back her bow with an arrow aimed at a moving target over thirty feet away. Thwang! The arrow is the center of the target with no hint of a shift in accuracy. A bullseye. The crowd erupted in applause as Shizuka took her place for the cameras, posing and showing off.
Hailing from a quiet life in a well-known hiking ground, Shizuka Oshiro came onto the scene with a buzz from the news crews winning the first ever Big Game Hunting Competition in the grounds, as well as being the youngest champion ever. Throughout her years the self-proclaimed Hawkeyed Empress had been dazzling entire crowds with incredible accuracy, hitting targets distances away and with no hint of wind shifting whatsoever. A perfect shot for a self-professed perfect person.
From target as high up as skyscrapers to shooting rows of apples non-stop from peoples head with a slingshot, this talents of Shizuka has made her bask in the approval of public and eventually found her way to Hopes Peak Academy, under the title of the Ultimate High School Level Marksman, willing to hit any target that stands in the way of fame.
Has a habit of using the word 'darling' often when she talks. The first blackened of the game, poisoning Hiroto with a poisonous flower from the greenhouse. She is executed by being burned alive.
- Break the Haughty: Oh boy, where to begin? Her poor temper gets the better of her, resulting in her receiving a 'minor' punishment , which results in her being pelted by paintballs. By the end of it, much of her dignity has shattered.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Shizuka has proven to be more irritable than most other characters, constantly leading to arguments with other camp inhabitants.
- It's All About Me: Has a lot of pride due to her talent.
- Kill It with Fire: She is tied to a tree, and burns to death due to a flaming arrow.
- Motive Misidentification: During Trial 1, when Shizuka was originally thought to be a suspect, they believed she killed Hiroto due to him making her so angry she ended up punished and her pride shattered, so it would be deemed revenge. Some figured it out by the end, others didn't, but her real motivations had nothing to do with that. It was a mix of fear of dying because of the bracelets, and fear of her friends also dying from them.
- Verbal Tic: Adds 'darling' to quite a few of her lines when she talks. It even prompted Katashi to secretly keep track on how many times she does so, out of amusement and curiosity. As of her death, Katashi's RPer admits she lost count, but estimates the final count to be at least 85 times.
Born and raised in possibly the most quietest town located in Japan, Yasashi possessed an affinity for singing, even at a young age. Holding a promising career as a vocalist whose popularity spiraled over the passing years, Starting out in a small theatre, her voice eventually lead her to a large record label, making millions from her hard work. She was simply one of the greatest of all time, many said. She toured across many countries, from America to even China. She gave everything she had in every single one of her tours.
However, her tour to France was cancelled, due to Hope's Peak Academy's invitation, which she accepted without thinking. However, she left with the promise that she'll return as soon as she graduates.
- Cuteness Proximity: What Ami thinks of her.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: She stammers a lot, and is very soft-spoken, yet is a popular singer.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She's appeared on some occasions with a plush, albino rabbit named Taka.
- Hair Decoration: Wears a red ribbon in her hair.
- Shrinking Violet
- No Social Skills