Fairy Tail: Fairy Tail | Natsu Dragneel | Strongest Team | Sirius Team | Founders | Other Members
Other Guilds: Official Guilds (Blue Pegasus | Lamia Scale | Saber Tooth) | Dark Guilds (Oración Seis | Grimoire Heart | Tartaros) | Crime Sorcière
Kingdoms and Regions: Kingdom of Fiore | Edolas | Alvarez Empire
Other Characters: Main Villains | Celestial Spirits | Dragons | Magic Council | Criminals | Others
Prequels, Sequels, and Spin-Offs
Main: Zero | 100 Years Quest
Other: Ice Trail | Blue Mistral | Fairy Girls | Gaiden | Happy's Heroic Adventure | City Hero
Anime: Series 1 | Series 2 | Series 3
Films: Phoenix Priestess | Dragon Cry
All character tropes should go on the Fairy Tail character pages. The characters from Ice Trail are listed below with the character page they are currently on.
Characters from Fairy Tail
A young girl Gray meets in his travels. She is kidnapped by the Chrono Noise guild for her Egg Knock ability.
- Big Damn Heroes: Rescues Gray before the acid from the Devil's Egg can consume him.
- Break the Cutie: She's a sweet and innocent girl who is taken from her family and forced to help an evil guild hatch a giant monster. Fortunately, Gray manages to save her and get her safely back home.
- Child Mage: She looks no older than the prepubescent Gray, yet possesses a powerful magic that's sought out by an evil gang of wizards.
- Shrinking Violet: She's shy and reserved, but also extremely polite to Gray.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She's shown to share her mother's hair and her father's Unusual Eyebrows.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Her Egg Knock spell speeds up time inside an egg to make them hatch faster. Not the most practical of spells, but Chrono Noise nearly uses it to deadly effect when they get their hands on a monster's egg. It's no wonder she thinks her magic sucks.
The master of Chrono Noise, a guild that aims to hatch a demon's egg.
- Armed Legs: He wears stilts that have targets painted on them that leave explosive markings when he kicks at his opponent.
- Bad Boss: He blows up one of his own men just for being six seconds late to a meeting. No tears are shed, then, when his whole guild up and abandons him while their headquarters are destroyed.
- Berserk Button: There are two things that equate to a death sentence in Chrono Noise: being late, and bringing attention to his height.
- Collared by Fashion: He wears a large, poofy collar.
- Death by Irony: He gets dissolved by the acidic form of the monster he tried to hatch.
- Doomed by Canon: Given Ice Trail is a prequel to Fairy Tail, we know Nez won't survive his battle with Gray.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: He aims to hatch a Devil's Egg he found in the forest so he can take control of the beast inside. When Gray smashes it before it's ready to hatch, the monster's gooey embryo spills onto him. And since the egg's contents instantly melt anything they touch...
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Twice in succession: first when Gray traps him in an ice dome with his own bombs; and again when the acidic goo from the Devil's Egg lands on him after Gray cracks it open.
- I'll Kill You!: He yells this at Gray after he calls him a brat.
- Mismatched Eyes: Has a dark-colored left eye and a light-colored right one.
- Monster Clown: His outfit and stilts make him look like a circus performer, yet he is a ruthless guild master and a formidable fighter.
- Multicolored Hair: To go with his Mismatched eyes, the tuft of hair that sticks out from his hood is dark on one side and light on the other.
- The Napoleon: The guy is even shorter than Gray is as a kid, and walks on stilts to compensate. He's also an incredibly vile person
Leader of the Five Bridge Familia guild. He was captured and sent away to a maximum security prison, Black Vox, but he is freed by his guild and tries to turn the prison into his new base.
- Attack Drone: His magic summons these from his arms and legs. They're used for Beam Spam attacks.
- Bullying a Dragon: He knows who Gildarts is and his reputation but figured he could take him on. You can guess how well that goes.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Gray at his current level is no match for him. But Drum finds himself on the receiving end from Gildarts.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: He frees the prisoners in hoping they would help take over Black Vox. However, one of those prisoners happened to be Gildarts, who doesn't take kindly to him attacking Gray.
- Large and in Charge: So massive that he can pin down two people just from one palm alone.
- Light 'em Up: His major attack involves summoning light orbs and firing beams at his targets.
- Might Makes Right: A true believer of it, as he says it word for word.
- Prison Riot: Leads one upon being freed from prison, declaring all the inmates to be members of his guild.
- Would Hurt a Child: Not that Gray didn't attack him first, but he has no qualms with hitting back.
Mary and Amelie
Two sisters whom Gray and Gildarts meet while stopping in a town for a quick job. They were sold to a mafia boss named Cappuccino to work off their family's debt.
- Big Sister Instinct: Amelie indeed wants what's best for Mary and tries to get Gildarts to take Mary out of the town and to some relatives while she works off the rest of the debt. Gildarts decides to just take the both of them out of there.
- Stepford Smiler: Mary does this a lot so as to keep her spirits up due to their current situation.
- Work Off the Debt: How the two wound up working for Cappuccino to cover their parents' debts.
A mob boss of a riverside town call Mone who hired Gildarts for a job involving a monstrous fish that was disrupting his import trade.
- Determinator: He's a very persistent boss. Even when Gray manages to stop Milk Boy and him from chasing him and Gildarts, Gray, Amelie and Mary make it out on the river. Cappuccio just grabs a boat and follows them. Even when said monstrous fish, Unicol, was attacking them.
- Too Dumb To Liv: He chases after Glidarts just to reclaim the girls in the middle of the lake, that he himself knows houses a monstrous fish which comes out at night, whilst also coming after them in a small boat to boot. Even if he had succeeded, it was very unlikely he would make it back to land unscathed.
- The Don: Of a Mafia family in a small port town. He specializes in alcohol imports.
- Underestimating Badassery: Saw Gildarts as nothing but a small-time mage.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Gildarts just brushes him aside like he was nothing, even when he was holding back.
- Dumb Muscle: He acts like a baby when not fighting.
- Eaten Alive: He gets knocked toward Unicol who catches him in it's mouth. Luckily for him, he gets spit out after Gray defeats the fish.
- Running on All Fours: When he initially chases after Gildarts, Gray, Amelie and Mary, he does this after powering up on milk.
A young girl mage that Gray meets while traversing a region stuck in winter. She specializes in Season magic that can changes the weather.
- Fingerless Gloves: He's seen wearing some.
- Missing Mom: It's implied her master was her mother and that she died the previous month, leaving her by herself.
- Not So Different: Gray finds she has similar ambitions as him, namely to carry on the will of their mentors.
- Weather Manipulation: Sort of, its not so much a power then a magical ash then when spread can change the seasons. When Gray meets her, she has finished making an ash that will bring spring and make Cherry Blossoms.
The leader of a treasure hunting guild calling themselves Fisherman's Prize who seek Roka's Cherry Ash as it's has been designated an A Class treasure.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Gray single-handily beats him and sends him and his guild packing by making an ice boat under them, sending them sliding off a cliff.
- Inescapable Net: Uses one against Gray in their fight. Unfortunately for him, all he caught was Gray's ice clone.
- Treasure Hunter: Introduces himself as such when meeting Gray and Roka.
- The Nose Knows: Claims to have a powerful sense of smell which he used to find Roka's house.
A thief Gray meet who tries to steal his goods. After Gray stops him, he vows revenge and decides to stick close to Gray in the meantime.
- Bag of Holding: Had one which he was using to hold all the stuff he stole. It ends up spilling out once Gray defeats him.
- Dirty Coward: He used to belong to a thieves guild, but the group botched a job and he ran while the rest of his guild mates were caught by the police.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After all of their struggles, he ends up joining another guild along with Pause, staying friends with Gray thereafter.
- Go Through Me: A humorous variant. The train that was carrying Gray, Pause and him had to stop and be repaired. The three ventured into the woods for a bit and came upon a hideout of a former mage which still had a security system activated. Gray and Pause allowed him to run ahead while they held off the system. When they returned, they see that he had laid in front of the train to keep it from moving until they returned.
- In the Hood: He wears a full body hoodie.
- Meaningful Name: Dorobō literally means "thief" in Japanese.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Constantly hovering over Gray, something that Gray himself even lampshades.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: He claims he'll get revenge on Gray for his earlier humiliation and until then, travel along with Gray much to Gray's chagrin.
- Shout Out: His jacket has the design of a Devil Fruit.
- Super Speed/Time Stands Still: He has some magical pills that grant him super speed for 30 seconds. When he uses them though, we see things from his P.O.V so it ends up looking like the latter.
- Too Dumb to Live: He spends so much time gloating about stealing Gray's million's worth cargo that he forgets to run away before the pills wear off.
A boy Gray meets on a train while heading for Magnolia. It's revealed he's a member of Circus Night.
- Mood-Swinger: Initially coming off as kindly, friendly and rather tranquil when coming up to a decent person. However when he's faced with someone he finds is of unsavory character he becomes rather loud and frothy at the mouth, with tones of anger veins cracking all along his face.
- Bookworm: Not only is he a bespectacled boffin, but uses books as a weapon, too!
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After all of their struggles, he ends up joining another guild along with Dorobo, staying friends with Gray thereafter.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Every time he uses his powers. He goes so overboard at one point, that Gray had to hit him with ice to bring him back to his senses.
- I Owe You My Life: This is how he feels toward Night Circus since they took him in. However he refuses to cross the line into killing someone, when Kafuchi orders him to kill Gray.
- Parental Abandonment: He explains to Gray how he joined Circus Night because his parent had died, and that the guild took him in.
- Paper Master: His magic has him sending a whirlwind of paper at his opponent. However he can't really control it properly and has to be smacked out of his state. He can also turn his paper into animal shapes as well which can be used to track back to him.
- Throw the Book at Them: Shown he carries around a big book, and uses it when some rowdy passengers on the train annoy him.
Woodcutting in the Dark
A poaching guild that's takes the same train Gray and Pause happen to be on, trying to transport a baby mole to sell off.
- BFS: The leader wields a butcher styled sword
- Curb-Stomp Battle: They get completely decimated by Gray and Pause, with the leader being finished off by the baby mole's very angry parents.
- No Name Given: Their names are never shown outside the guild name. Not even the leader who looked to be the most dangerous of them. They're more or less just canon fodder.
A guild that shared the same town in Magnolia and one of Fairy Tail's earliest rivals.
- Circus of Fear: The high ranking members have somewhat of an evil circus motif.
- Boisterous Weakling: The whole guild talks big about taking down Fairy Tail, but in a full guild to guild fight they panic and lost seemingly without causing any actual damage to their foes.
- Doomed by Canon: Considering Fairy Tail is still the top guild of the city, it's safe to say they didn't last long.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": When Fairy Tail show up at their guild hall, and promptly start tearing them a new one for messing with Wakaba.
The leader of Circus Night. His magic is known as Snake Snake Charms, which conjures up to three shadowy serpents from his body to attack and defend with.
- Bad Boss: He had Pause beaten up simply because he had summoned a hospital to help Gray and Dorobo, after he was forced to ambush them while they were walking with Wakaba. And then ordered him to kill Gray when Gray infiltrated their base to save Wakaba. When Pause refused, he was all set to kill him too. He likewise uses his powers to "eat" his own men to power himself up.
- Battle Discretion Shot: We never see the fight between Makarov and himself; though considering how Fairy Tail is no worse for wear later on, it was likely a Curb-Stomp Battle.
- Boisterous Weakling: Don't let the scary appearance and magic fool you, the dude is a full on wimp in a fight. Case in point, he actually struggled against a already injured child despite powering up by eating some of his men beforehand, and completely caved against Makarov
- Dirty Coward: Described as such by Makarov, which is supported by the fact Kafuchi was only confident when harming children and panicked when Makarov challenged him to a fight.
- Monster Clown: He looks like a giant walking balloon covered in spots. Taken a notch further by his snakes being summoned from said spots.
- Smug Snake: Fittingly, given his magic, but the dude is way too confident for his own good. Wants to rival and crush Fairy Tail, and yet in a full on guild fight with them he and his own guild, they lose with absurd ease.
- Would Hurt a Child: He beat up Pause and nearly killed both him and Gray, had Fairy Tail not shown up. He likewise had no qualms going all out on Gray when trying to fight him later.