Fairy Tail in General | Natsu Dragneel | Strongest Team | Sirius Team | Fairy Tail's Founders | Other Fairy Tail Members
Official Guilds (Blue Pegasus | Lamia Scale | Saber Tooth) | Dark Guilds (Oración Seis | Grimoire Heart | Tartaros) | Crime Sorcière
Kingdom of Fiore | Edolas | Alvarez Empire
Main Villains | Celestial Spirits | Dragons | Magic Council | Criminals | Other Characters
Anime Characters (Series 1) | Anime Characters (Series 2) | Movie Characters | Spin-Off Characters
All spoilers regarding Fairy Tail and Fairy Tail Zero are unmarked. Examples pertaining to 100 Years Quest can be spoiler tagged if deemed necessary.
Blue Pegasus is a guild that is famous for housing some of the most popular Bishōnen and Bishoujo wizards in Fiore. They join forces with Fairy Tail to take down the dark guild Oración Seis, becoming one of Fairy Tail's most trusted allies. After Sirius Island's disappearance, they are elevated to the third most powerful guild in Fiore behind Lamia Scale and Saber Tooth, though they suffer a bad year and fall down to fifth when Fairy Tail decides to reclaim their title as the strongest.
- Agent Peacock: As pretty as they (read, "most of them") are, they can still put up quite a fight.
- The Beautiful Elite: This guild is mostly made up of pretty boys and women, and people who think of themselves as such when they really aren't.
- Bishōnen: All the males except Ichiya and Bob (funnily enough, though, the anime depicts Bob as being one when he was younger).
- Bishoujo: Like the men, all the known female members are also quite stunning.
- Butt-Monkey: Similar to Mermaid Heel, they aren't a bad guild at all, but they have very impractical powers that simply don't work in the Grand Magic Games with who they're facing. On the last day of the tournament, they take fifth place overall and lose almost all their members by just Gajeel and Gray alone, while Ichiya gets one-shotted by Jura and Erza takes Jenny out in a Single-Stroke Battle.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Every guild member is perverted or has a huge sex life, but they fight firmly for the side of good.
- Cool Airship: Their magic bomber Christina, which is modeled after a Pegasus and comes in handy in many a story arc.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Although their guilds' masters are good friends, Blue Pegasus's relations with Fairy Tail and Lamia Scale are quite chilly when they first join forces against Oración Seis. However, their struggle and ultimate victory together solidifies Blue Pegasus as one of Fairy Tail's most trusted guild allies.
- Good Is Dumb: They aren't all that intelligent, preferring to cater others rather than fight, but they will never let evil triumph.
- Host Club: They act more like this than a wizard guild, never skipping an opportunity to cater to anyone who catches their eye, even in the heat of battle.
- Large Ham: They love to put on quite a performance for those who cross their guild.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: They play a crucial role in helping Fairy Tail regain their missing members after the first Time Skip. Those members end up decimating them in the Grand Magic Games, knocking them out of the running at fifth place. Of course, seeing how close the two guilds are, everyone in Blue Pegasus is an extremely good sport about it.
- Undying Loyalty: Even after Fairy Tail becomes the laughingstock of Fiore over the first Time Skip, Blue Pegasus remains one of their staunchest allies.
Voiced by: Hiroki Goto (Japanese), Antimere Robinson (English ep. 5-32), Barry Yandellnote (English ep. 140+)
The master of Blue Pegasus and an old friend of Makarov's. He's a man, by the way.
- Adaptation Origin Connection: A minor, non-villainous example. He and Makarov are simply friends in the manga, but in the anime, he's a former Fairy Tail member who was on Makarov's old team along with Goldmine, Porlyusica, Yajima, and Rob.
- Ambiguously Bi: On top of his stereotypically effeminate mannerisms that imply that he's gay, he has commented on how beautiful Erza and Mirajane are.
- Beware the Nice Ones: In one of the very few instances where he gets angry, specifically at Karen for mistreating her spirits, he proves to be quite intimidating and causes her to freeze up in fear.
- Crossdresser: Wears a woman's dress (which barely fits him) and jewelry.
- Eyes Always Shut: The only times he ever opens them are when he's surprised or angry.
- I Was Quite a Looker: The anime shows that he used to fit right in with the other Bishōnen members of the guild.
- Intangible Man: He is briefly shown phasing through objects.
- Mr. Exposition: He's one of the first characters to explain who Zeref is and what kind of impact he left on the world.
- Nice Guy: Bob is a very friendly and understanding person, if incredibly overbearing.
- Running Gag: The narrator in the anime always takes the time to remind the viewer that Bob is a man.
- Wings Do Nothing: Averted; his tiny wings can actually lift him off the ground a little.
Ichiya and the Tri-Men
The Tri-Men are Blue Pegasus's elite team of lady-swooning pretty boys.
- Adapted Out: Eve and Ren make no appearance in the Fairy Tail stage musical based on the Nirvana arc.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: They're always sharply dressed and can hold their own in a fight.
- Does Not Like Men: An odd example; they are themselves men, but while they are courteous towards their female teammates in the guild alliance, they're outright dismissive of their male friends and demand they leave.
- Gender-Blender Name: "Hibiki" and "Ren" are female names in Japan. The same applies to "Eve" in Western countries.
- Mr. Fanservice: Mostly Played for Laughs since Lucy and Erza are thoroughly weirded out by their suave demeanor.
- Spell My Name with an "S": The original Japanese and Funimation dub read their names like "Trimens", but the Kodansha manga translation renders their name as "Tri-men".
Voiced by: Show Hayami (Japanese), Chris Guerrero (English)
Portrayed by: Koichiro Tomioka (stage)
The black sheep of Blue Pegasus, whose suave demeanor and sexy voice clash with his stout stature and ugly face. His perfume magic produces fragrances with varying effects, from painkillers to super strength to super speed. Despite his borderline uselessness in a fight, Ichiya is regarded highly within the guild as its top wizard.
- Abhorrent Admirer: He has a thing for Erza, so much so that the mere knowledge of his presence causes her to shudder in horror.
- The Ace: Despite his nearly non-existent fighting skill compared to his more battle-ready followers, he's still seen within the guild as the most powerful wizard there. This seems to be a huge joke until Lightning Gods, where it's revealed his guild respects him because he can diffuse situations without resorting to brute force.
- Ace Pilot: He proves to be quite effective when he's at the helm of the Christina. He's no slouch, either, as he is able to outmaneuver Acnologia, one of the most terrifying destructive forces in Earth-land.
- Ambiguously Bi: The anime throws in hints that he swings both ways when he tries kissing Rogue as he goes around shouting in others faces while looking for a missing Frosch.
- Badass Baritone: He's got a deep voice and is one of the most deceptively powerful wizards of Blue Pegasus.
- Bash Brothers: Attempts to invoke this with his guild's Secret Weapon—the guy in the bunny costume—in his two-on-two fight with Bacchus and Rocker. Then it turns out it's just Nichiya, who can't really fight.
- Bishie Sparkle: Played for Laughs. He's such a major offender, even his text bubbles in the manga have sparkles.
- The Chew Toy: He suffers the series' most Amusing Injuries more often than any other character, and is often forgotten about by other people, especially Fairy Tail.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He is a shameless womanizer who especially pines for Erza, much to her great revulsion. However, he has an unwavering sense of justice and proves himself time and time again to be one of Fairy Tail's most loyal allies.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He is acknowledged by Erza to be the most powerful wizard of Blue Pegasus, but he's such an ineffectual buffoon whose opponents get the drop on much of the time that it seems like nothing more than an Informed Ability. However, he proves himself to be the real deal when he one-shots Bacchus and Rocker with his Power Perfume in the Grand Magic Games, and later when he banishes Acnologia into the space between time in the Alvarez Empire arc (if only momentarily).
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: He's one of the only non-Dragon Slayer wizards in the series to momentarily stun Acnologia, with help from his guild's Cool Airship.
- Disability Immunity: He has so many weaknesses that he trips up Wall Eehto's Enemy Scan, at least until Wall decides to forgo creating a robot and just pummel him directly.
- Fan Disservice: His Power Perfume beefs him up, but doesn't change that face of his. The result makes children cry and grown men vomit.
- Gonk: In a guild filled with pretty boys and girls, his big, square face and nose stick out like a sore thumb.
- Gratuitous French: In Japanese and the English dub, he refers to his magic perfumes and others' scents as "parfum", the French word for "perfume".
- Heroes Want Redheads: The apple of his eye is named Erza Scarlet, after all.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In the "Key to the Starry Skies" arc, he chooses to go down with the Christina while chaining the giant octopus Kanaloa to it so Fairy Tail can reach Zentopia and save Lucy. He not only survives, but pops up near the end having befriended Kanaloa.
- Iron Butt Monkey: No matter how much punishment he takes and how much readers may enjoy it, he always stands tall (figuratively speaking) at the end of the day.
- Large Ham: He constantly screams the word "Men" and spouts inspiring speeches about the wonder of perfume.
- The Leader: He commands the Tri-men, who address him with titles of respect that change every other scene ("Ichiya-sama", "Boss", "Captain", etc.).
- Martial Pacifist: It's explained in Fairy Tail: Lightning Gods that Blue Pegasus judges Ichiya to be their most powerful member not because of his magic, but because of his ability to end conflicts without resorting to it. However, while he prefers not to use violence, he's both willing and able to jump into the fray if there's no chance of compromise, best shown during the Alvarez Empire arc when he helped Fried defeat Wall Eehto's puppet.
- Meaningful Name: "Ichiya" is Japanese for "One Night", which the Tri-men modelled their nicknames after.
- The Medic: His Painkiller Perfume can at least numb pain. Sadly for him, this little skill of his is rendered moot when Wendy puts her healing magic to work.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: His and Anna's attempt at trapping Acnologia in the space between time not only fails miserably, it makes the dragon an even more powerful force of destruction than he already was. It's only mitigated slightly by the fact that Acnologia has to split his body and soul to keep it up, which enables his eventual defeat.
- The Nose Knows: Has a great sense of smell, allowing him to identify others' magic.
- Overly Long Name: He currently stands as having the longest name in the series, and one of the few to have a middle name.
- Senseless Sacrifice: Subverted. His and Anna's attempt to ram Acnologia into the space between time with Christina works for all but five minutes before Acnologia eats his way out, even more powerful than ever before. Despite this obvious setback, it ultimately puts the Dragon Slayers in the position to destroy Acnologia's disembodied soul within the rift once everyone else gets a handle on his rampaging body.
- Ship Tease: Strangely enough, he gets this with Anna Heartfilia when he stays with her to send Acnologia into the space between time, leading her to call him a truly handsome man. This notably makes her the only female character outside his guild who doesn't see him as an obnoxious, ugly little troll.
- Shock and Awe: With his Thunder Perfume, he can channel and release powerful lightning attacks.
- Shout-Out: His middle name, Vandalay. Maybe he has family in latex.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Funimation spells his middle name as "Wanderlei", though it's pronounced the same way.
- Super Strength: The only effective things he ever does is when he uses his perfume to drastically strengthen his muscles. He uses this ability to destroy one of the lacrima powering Nirvana's legs, one-shot Bacchus and Rocker in the Grand Magic Games, and help Fried defeat Wall Eehto's proxy.
- Super Speed: He can dramatically increase his running speed with his Fleet-foot Perfume. However, he winds up getting bushed afterward.
- Testosterone Poisoning: His Power Perfume bulks up his body pretty significantly. It also completely horrifies anyone who lays eyes on him.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Any time he gets to show off why he's The Ace of Blue Pegasus is this, demonstrated when he one-shots Bacchus and Rocker in the Grand Magic Games, and later when he helps Fried defeat Wall Eehto's Wallbot in the Alvarez Empire arc before personally rallying all the guilds of Fiore to assist Fairy Tail in their war against Alvarez.
- Verbal Tic: "Meeen!" ("Maaan" in the English dub).
- Vocal Dissonance: The sound of his silky-smooth voice makes Lucy's heart skip a beat. Then we see his face...
- Younger Than He Looks: He looks like an ugly old troll, but the fact of the matter is that he is 29 years old when he makes his debut.
Voiced by: Takashi Kondo (Japanese), Aaron Dismuke (English)
Portrayed by: Kento Ono (stage)
The face of the Tri-men, and one of the most popular bachelors in Blue Pegasus. His magic is called Archive, which compresses information and uploads it directly into others' minds like a supercomputer.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He's an unapologetic womanizer, but is also highly intelligent and plays the part of Mission Control for his allies in the Nirvana arc.
- The Casanova: He is said to have dated 18 women at once according to his profile. However, he was once in a serious relationship with Karen before her death.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He may be a shameless flirt, but when the chips are down, he's extremely civil towards women and always puts their safety before his own in battle.
- Jail Bait: Unlike Eve and Ren, he's willing to forgo The Jail Bait Wait with the 12-year-old Wendy.
- Magitek: His Archive magic is basically a magic computer that can transfer information such as coordinates and magic spells into others' minds via Neural Implanting.
- Mission Control: He takes up this role in the Nirvana arc, coming up with battle strategies and relaying them to his allies with his Archive magic.
- Non-Action Guy: Since his magic primarily deals with the transfer of information, he acts as The Smart Guy for the entire Nirvana operation. Case it point: during the Grand Magic Games' MPF challenge, he gets the lowest score by a long shot.
- Red Baron: "Hundred Nights" Hibiki.
- Revenge Before Reason: Subverted. when he finds out that Angel killed his lover Karen, the effects of Nirvana nearly imbue him with an indiscriminate, murderous hatred for celestial wizards like Lucy, but he keeps his cool long enough to help Lucy beat her.
- Spell My Name with an "S": His Grand Magic Games ID card in the anime spells his name as "Leytis". Early Kodansha translations spell his surname as "Lates", and later "Letis", while it's "Laytis" in the Funimation dub.
- The Strategist: He comes up with all the battle plans for the guild alliance in the Nirvana arc.
- Telepathy: His Archive magic gives him this ability.
Voiced by: Fuyuka Oura (Japanese), Daniel Litwin (English)
A snow wizard who relies heavily on his youthful charms to capture the hearts of women.
- Does Not Like Spam: He can't stand bell peppers, according to his profile.
- Dumb Blond: After the Time Skip, he mistakes Elfman for a grown up Wendy and is quite disappointed.
- He Is All Grown Up: He goes from a handsome teen to a just-as-handsome young adult after the Time Skip.
- An Ice Person: He can create snow and blizzards.
- The Jail Bait Wait: Decides that Wendy is going to grow up to be a looker.
- Likes Older Women: He makes his moves on Erza, who's three years older than he is.
- Magic Knight: According to his profile, he originally trained for the Magic Council's Rune Knights before being recruited for Blue Pegasus.
- Red Baron: "Holy Nights" Eve.
- Spell My Name with an "S": His last name is written out as "Tilm" on his Grand Magic Games ID screen in the anime.
Voiced by: Masaya Matsukaze (Japanese), Christopher Wehkamp (English)
An air wizard who arouses women by playing hard to get. He is eventually taken by Sherry Blendy from the Lamia Scale guild.
- Blow You Away: Like Aria, his powers are more based on air and space than wind.
- Official Couple: Becomes engaged to Sherry over the seven-year Time Skip, and are married within the next year.
- Red Baron: "Hollow Nights" Ren.
- Second Love: To Sherry, who previously pined for her guildmate Lyon.
- Ship Tease: Had a moment of mutually Tsundere flirting with Sherry pre-Time Skip, which receives a Relationship Upgrade over the seven-year Time Skip, where they're due to be married.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: With Sherry.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: He's the tallest of the Tri-men, and he uses tanning lacrima to maintain his dark skin.
- Tsundere: Just like the rest of his team, though in his case he's like this to everyone while the others only act tsun towards men.
- Would Hit a Girl: Araña assumes that he won't. He proves her wrong by one-shotting her with a vortex of sand and air.
Voiced by: Kaori Nazuka (Japanese), Elizabeth Maxwell (English)
A pinup model for Weekly Sorcerer Magazine, and an old rival of Mirajane's. She uses a variety of Takeover magic called Machina Soul to record machinery and transform into outfits with the same functions, though she most often uses her powers for instant costume changes.
- Break the Cutie: The Alvarez Empire arc is not kind to her. First, she suffers a humiliating defeat at the hands of Bloodman and is crucified so others can see her underwear, and it's not Played for Laughs. Later, she is completely distraught during Ichiya's sacrifice and apparent death, especially when it's rendered completely meaningless.
- Combat Commentator: She's the first of several daily guest commentators during the Grand Magic Games.
- Designated Girl Fight: With Mirajane on the second day of the Grand Magic Games, virtually all the girls on the fourth, and Erza on the fifth.
- Didn't Think This Through: During the last part of her swimsuit contest with Mirajane, she makes a bet that the loser will have to get photographed naked for the cover of Sorcerer Weekly. Based on her knowledge that both main judges of their contest prefer younger women like Mira, and that guest judge Jason would love the sales that having Mira naked would give his magazine, Jenny is confident she will win. It's a foolproof plan, except for one detail she overlooked: their contest takes place in the battle portion of the tournament.
- Faux Action Girl:
- She does have a battle form, but she only uses it to model against Mirajane in the Grand Magic Games and it does little to stop Mirajane's Satan Soul: Sitri from defeating her (though she noticeably doesn't take much damage from the strike despite being knocked down). The rest of the "action" she sees during the Games consists of her getting hopelessly beaten by actual Action Girls, and trying to seduce her opponents out of fighting (and failing miserably at it). The best she gets is when she defeats Quattro Cerberus's Rocker in the Naval Battle.
- Her luck improves in the Alvarez Empire Arc, where she gets a chance to beat up some Alvarez mooks.
- Flower in Her Hair: She wears a red flower that keeps her hair up.
- Hyperspace Wardrobe: She can transform into different outfits (mostly swimsuits) just like Mirajane.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: In the Alvarez Empire Arc, the anime shows her beating up Alvarez soldiers in nothing but her usual dress despite being up in the snowy mountains.
- Ms. Fanservice: She used to be Miss Fiore. Also, most of her noteworthy appearances involve her changing into a bikini and showing off her good looks.
- Ocular Gushers: After losing to Mira and realizing she has to pose naked for Weekly Sorcerer.
- Powers via Possession: She is a Takeover wizard who allegedly has the ability to apply the powers of machinery to her outfits.
- The Rival: Serves as this to Mirajane in the realm of fashion modeling, right down to having the same magic category as her.
- Robot Girl: Her Machina Soul forms give her this sort of appearance.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Her profile states that she wasn't quite as embarrassed posing butt naked for Weekly Sorcerer as she seemed. She also tries (and fails) to use her sexiness to distract one of the dragons that come through the Eclipse Gate.
- She's Got Legs: She loves showing off her legs when attempting to seduce her opponents.
- Stripperiffic: Her battle uniform against Mirajane is part-bikini, part-plate mail.
A mysterious wizard in a rabbit costume who serves as Blue Pegasus' "secret weapon" for the Grand Magic Games. In reality, it's just Nichiya, the Edolas version of Ichiya.
- Bash Brothers: Invoked by Ichiya during their match with Bacchus and Rocker. Subverted when it turns out to be Nichiya, who can't fight.
- Cool Mask: A blue rabbit head.
- Dramatic Unmask: Not even his own guild knows who this figure is, and pretty much everyone in the tournament is eager to find out what's under the mask. The result is horrifying.
- Foreshadowing: At one point in the anime, he and Ichiya stand on either side of their guildmates and perfectly mirror each others' dance moves.
- The Quiet One: He only communicates with nods and hand gestures, at least until he takes the mask off.
- Secret Weapon: Ichiya describes him as such. Subverted once it's revealed to be a borderline powerless Exceed.
- Walking Spoiler: This person's true identity is treated as one of the big mysteries of the Grand Magic Games, although it's very much Played for Laughs.
Voiced by: Chie Sawaguchi (Japanese), Stephanie Young (English)
A famous celestial wizard, Karen's not above beating up her contracted spirits for perceived disloyalty, which included Aries and Leo. Despite Leo's best efforts to protect Aries from her abuse, Karen is quickly killed by Angel.
- Alpha Bitch: She was one of the most popular female members of Blue Pegasus, but was often dismissive of essentially everyone else around her, especially her spirits, who were no more than pawns to her.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: A wizard version; as skilled as a celestial wizard she may be, she's just an unapologetic jerk.
- Bad Boss: She often uses her spirits as if they were punching bags. Just ask Aries or Leo/Loke.
- Bare Your Midriff: She wears a cream and black bikini top. This also shows off her guild mark located on the lower left part of her abdomen.
- Berserk Button: Let's just say she doesn't take disloyalty from her spirits very well, as Aries found out the hard way.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She might have been a celebrity in Fiore who was admired by many, but she really wasn't that nice of a person to anyone, even to her celestial spirits.
- Can't Take Criticism: When Bob calls her out for abusing her spirits, Karen does not take it well and quickly resorts to using Aeris as a punching bag.
- Death by Origin Story: Her death caused a major part in Loke's three-year exile.
- Death Equals Redemption: After Loke's exile is rescinded, he can see Karen smiling at him, which indicates that she learned from her actions.
- Dirty Coward: Whenever she finds herself in rough action, she summons her spirits to use as a human shield (for lack of a better term) to save herself.
- Evil Counterpart: To Lucy Heartfilia. The only thing they have in common is that they're celestial wizards; where they differ is that Karen views her spirits as nothing more than pawns, while Lucy fully acknowledges them as free-willed beings.
- Fatal Flaw: She can't control her lust for being a powerful guild member and couldn't stand disloyalty towards her celestial spirits, which causes Leo to intervene on Aries' behalf and ultimately lead to her demise at Angel's hands.
- First Love: She was Hibiki's first (known) true love before her death.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: She often picks fights with her spirits for disobeying her. Aries finds that out the hard way.
- It's All About Me: She's obsessed with her own personal power and gratification and disregards everyone else, including her fellow guildmates.
- Jerkass: She's plain unpleasant, being vain, greedy, self-centered, conniving and manipulative. It's what causes Leo to intervene on Aries' behalf.
- Karmic Death: She is killed when essentially defenseless because Leo, one of her celestial spirit, refused to condone her abusive behavior any longer.
- Kick the Dog: She often brutalizes her spirits whenever they disobeyed her in the slightest. This one ends up being a bad idea.
- Killed Offscreen: After Leo stops her from abusing Aries, Karen's never seen again before Angel kills her.
- Lack of Empathy: She has no qualms assaulting celestial spirits and viewing them as pawns, and is very callous towards her male admirers, blowing them off the instant she didn't want them anymore.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's very beautiful, and often skimpily dressed. She is this in-universe too; she posed for the Weekly Sorcerer magazine and attracted quite a crowd of fanboys.
- Never My Fault: She never acknowledges that it's her own actions that have caused Leo to leave her defenseless against Angel. Karen refused to take no for an answer to her continued abuse of her celestial spirits, namely Aries. When Bob calls her out on this, she resorts to using Aries as a punching bag, which causes Leo to reach his Rage Breaking Point.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Her right eye is usually covered.
- Pet the Dog: After the Celestial Spirit ends Loke's exile, the latter looks up to see Karen smiling at him.
- Posthumous Character: Her death causes Loke to be banished from the spirit world; he joins Fairy Tail during his three-year exile.
- Pretty in Mink: She wears a long fur-trimmed red coat with a light pink fur collar and handcuffs.
- Summon Magic: This is standard for a celestial spirit wizard, with two of her known spirits being Leo and Aries.
- Too Dumb to Live: She goes on a mission without being able to summon her spirits just to spite Leo, leaving her completely defenseless against Angel.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has light green-colored hair.