- Final Fantasy VI:
- One would be forgiven for mistaking Locke rescuing Terra in the opening minutes and his promise to stay with her until her memory returns as a Rescue Romance, but he quickly moves on to form the closest thing the game has to an Official Couple with Celes.
- Terra also gets a Ship Tease scene on an actual ship with first General Leo, then Shadow.
- Edgar gets at least one moment of teasing with every female party member, including Relm of all people. Depending on the translation, he either has the decency to act squicked about it or else implies a Jailbait Wait.
- Final Fantasy VII's first disc is full of all sorts of Ship Tease, including a micro-dating sim where one of the three girls (and Barret) can go on a date with Cloud. Excellent examples are Cloud's and Tifa's promise under the stars scene in the beginning of the game, the Bodyguard for a Date deal, Cait Sith's "love prediction" about Cloud and Aeris' happy future together just before she leaves your party and is killed by Sephiroth, and Yuffie kissing Cloud during the Gondola ride. It even has instances of Ship Tease with random male characters, like Mukki, Don Corneo, and the ability to date party member Barret.
- Final Fantasy X:
- Tidus and Auron seemed to flirt a bit in Luca during Auron's reappearance. Between Auron saying things like "Come or don't come. It's your decision," and Tidus assuming the position shortly thereafter, the UST was palpable. (See 6:15 and 6:38-7:00.)
- Depending on your affection rating, you can have Tidus outright tell Lulu or Rikku that he would rather have them in Guadosalam. Rikku will get a little weirded out (which makes sense given she and Tidus are Like Brother and Sister) while Lulu simply says "hmm, I could add you to my list."
- Lulu gets teased with Wakka quite a bit since she used to date his brother. Then come the sequel, they're an Official Couple with a baby on the way.
- Rikku also gets a Ship Tease with Gippal in X-2. An optional conversation has him saying the two "were quite the couple", though Rikku denies it. However she shows plenty of signs throughout the game such as ordering everyone to go and rescue him. The two are also seen leaving the Farplane together at the end.
- Final Fantasy XII:
- It's subtle, but there is a little shipteasing between Balthier and Fran in Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. When Tomas is trying to woo Fran, she mentions that Balthier's methods were different. You might also count the scene in the Pharos when the Sun Cryst explodes from the original game as rather shippy. Balthier's lines regarding Fran always have some kind of sexual undertone to them (but hey, don't all his lines?)
Balthier: "No one knows men like Fran does."
Balthier: "I always knew Fran didn't take well to being tied up. I just never knew how much. How about you?"
- This scene is also fairly shippy.
Fran (cupping Balthier's cheek): "Hadn't you best be off? That's what a sky pirate does, you fly, don't you?"
Balthier (holding Fran's hand): I suppose you'd better hang on then."
Ashe: "You... do you understand what you are doing?"
(as the Strahl blasts away)
- Ashe and Basch is also plausible. In the ending, Penelo writes to Larsa, and she tells him how she hopes Basch will see Ashe because she thinks Ashe misses him (which Basch reads after Larsa hands him the letter).
- Penelo also gets a lot of scenes with Larsa in the first game, which could be construed as this, and they certainly seem to feel affectionately for each other.
- Final Fantasy XIII:
Hope (to Lightning): "Even if the entire world hates you, I'll always be by your side."
- Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy:
- A series of scenes involves Firion trying to approach Lightning to talk to her, only for a string of Moment Killers to scare him off. It turns out he lost his rose and she found it, and he's trying to ask for it back but is embarrassed about the Hot-Blooded rebel having to ask the resident Action Girl for his flower (in his exact words, "a grown man asking for his flower back..."). However, the subtext is very thin, and is complete with Cecil appointing himself Firion's wingman.
Cecil: "You were staring at Light. Is it about her?"
Firion: "No, not exactly. I..."
Cecil: "Too shy to start a conversation?"
Firion: "This has nothing to do with being shy!"
Firion: "No, don't call her over!"
- And then when he finally does get to talk to her, the Ship Tease still goes strong as Lightning returns it to him and notes that for both of them, the sight of that rose is the key to their memories, and asks him to keep it safe because when he remembers everything, she might need it back for help with the same. This is especially effective because Firion and Lightning are two of the few heroes who don't have a lot of Ship Tease with characters in their own games
- Warrior of Light and Onion Knight aren't really "characters" to that extent; Cecil, Squall, Laguna, Zidane, Tidus, Yuna and Vaan (after Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings) have canon love interests; Kain's got his unrequited love; Cloud has Tifa and Aeris and no we're not getting into that; and Terra has a little bit of Ship Tease in her game with General Leo. Other than Firion and Light, then, that just leaves Bartz.
- Terra gets ship teases with Onion Knight, Cloud and Vaan. Vaan and Onion Knight appoint themselves her protectors, worrying about her safety and councilling her on following her heart to find out what she truly wants. Cloud meanwhile waxes poetic with her about their dreams for the future in spite of their self-doubts.