Video Game: Luminous Arc 3
Luminous Arc 3: Eyes
is the third game in the Luminous Arc Turn-Based Strategy
series by Imageepoch
. It has been out in Japan for some time now, but there are currently no plans to localize it elsewhere. So of course, Fan Translation has started
The story focuses on the war between humans and monsters known as "Felicia" (instead of Witches, contrasting the previous two games) over the power of the (non-human) Eyes, which grant humans the gift of magic.Lefy
, who has the power, enrolled in the academy for Magi Knights
after Reinhardt, a Felicia, kills his childhood friend while he (Reinhardt) is searching for the power of the Eye.
The Dating Sim
elements are more involved and affect battles. When Lefy becomes close enough to a certain character, he'll receive a Zodiac Card
, which will allow a powerful Unison Strike attack when that character is adjacent to Lefy in battle.
Like the previous games, it'll support online battles and have an anime opening. For character's, check this page
This game provides examples of:
- Adam Smith Hates Your Guts
- Arbitrary Head Count Limit: Up to 6 characters can be deployed in one battle.
- Back Stab
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Some portraits for the Unison Strikes show this with Lefy and his partner.
- Battle Butler: Dino.
- Big Eater: Lefy. It is unclear whether he gets kind of conditioned to feel hungry everytime he sees Elulu (which she complains about) or is just starving 24/7.
- Bishounen: Notably Levi and Haine(When he is cool).
- Bling of War: Most of the characters are way too well-dressed for the battlefield. Lefy post-change, I'm looking at you!
- Boys Love:Dino's route, with a tease in Glen's and Yuu's
- Boobs of Steel: Valerie's true form
- Before The Reveal averted within the party as all well-endowed female characters are strong magic users or healers.
- Inverted as high ATK female are B aka Ashley and Lyra.
- Sara is the "Ultimate" inversion, she has both high MAG and ATK.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Happens to Glen in the middle. Depending on the dialogue choices, that character will either be Killed Off for Real or return back to normal.
- Child Mage: Yu, who is pretty much outclass everyone else in magic.
- Combat Medic: Elulu, Sion, and Sara all gain a mass-healing spell in addition to powerful magic attacks.
- Color-Coded Wizardry: Human's Lapistier are blue, Felicia's green and Nefiria's purple.
- Deadly Upgrade: Lefy receives one of these when trying to save Elulu's life. The more he used his power, the more he lost his senses.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Princess Inalunadia
- Expy: Sara is a complete Expy of Chiaki from the Minami-ke anime: same voice acting, same hair color, same body type, same attitude, and even uses Chiaki's catchphrase "BAKAYAROU" rather often.
- Some character for some reason, are mix of two previous series character or expy themself.
- Glen is a remodeled Rasche (See The Lancer below).
- Evil Counterpart Race: The Felicia and Nefiria are the two race of fairy and devil. Their ruler Smirsaff and Yorg are also opposite gender and element.
- Face-Heel Turn: Glen, can be temporary or permanent depending on your actions
- Fallen Hero: Oh boy Arnogia..
- Fanservice: A lot!!
- Female Angel, Male Demon: Miria and Agonia
- Subverted with Smirsaff and Yorg.
- Gainaxing: Orumorudi in the opening.
- Gay Option: Dino's ending and perhap Yuu's due to heavily implied crossdressing.
- Glass Cannon: Despite being one of the strongest physical fighters, Layla cannot take much punishment. Lefy is almost as bad, and that's before having him use his Armor Shift skill (which diminishes by a good chunk his defensive stats while boosting the offensive ones). There is a reason his class name is Berserk.
- Most physical fighter are actually this type except Ashley and Heine, Ashley is, however very weak to magical attacks which bring her in battle against Dia can be dangerous.
- God Is Evil
- Guide Dang It: Figuring out how to unlock some of the side battles, or even that they exist, without a guide is incredibly difficult and time-consuming.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Miria, the angel of hour, two in one.
- Heel-Face Turn: Bonaparte and Orumorudi
- Holy Hand Grenade: Inaluna.
- Ill Girl - Elulu
- Instant-Win Condition: Used and subverted. In certain battles, killing the target ASAP will win you the battle and lose you the game.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Averted for Orumorudi.
- Latex Space Suit: Valerie's true form outfit. Miria also sports a pretty nice one as well.
- Lady of War: Ashley and Valerie.
- Light Is Not Good: Anogia at first.
- Level-Up at Intimacy 5: Refi gains the insanely powerful Unison strike with each character if his heart level with that character is completely filled up.
- Limit Break: The Flash Drive and the Unison Strike.
- Magic Knight: Well, duh.
- MacGuffin: Several of them, including the Witch's Eye, Aura Lapis, Tenes Lapis and Seraphim Ring.
- Mighty Glacier - Heine possessed the strongest Def and okay Atk and Mag, the catch is his so low AO. Ashley has slightly higher Ao but lower Def.
- The Mole: Several of them.Glen, Valerie, Agonia and Miria (who is forced turn evil but really not evil).
- Mr. Fanservice: Everything about Dino: his looks, his fanservice outfit, his backstory, etc. He actually bears a striking resemblance◊ to Japanese hosts.
- Ths bath scene kinda count too. Damn Anogia...
- Multiple Endings: Implemented with the Dating Sim elements
- New Game+: Lets you carry over all your items, money, weapons, party members, etc.
- No Export for You: Although the past two games have been localized, a localized version of this one has yet to be announced. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that this game will be localized. Oh, Atlus!
- 100% Completion: Good luck getting it without a guide.
- Overly Long Name: Inalunadia. Everyone calls her Inaluna.
- The last one might be reference to Dia from  who uses light magic like her.
- Person of Mass Destruction - Anogia. High attack, magic, tec, HP along with decent in other stats except movement.
- Rapunzel Hair - Sion, Fran, Inaluna, Orumorudi, Ashley.
- Replacement Goldfish - It is implied that Dino sees Lefy as a replacement for his dead lover Royce Ashley's brother.
- Requisite Royal Regalia - Followed to a T by Inaluna's father.
- Rose Haired Girl: Ashley and Kirika. Ashley's complete with Happily Ever After marriage to Lefy in her ending.
- The Lancer: Although Glen starts as Meigas' leader, his brother-like bond with Lefy, their complementary nature and their character development make him perfectly fit the role. Oh, and he also happens to wield a halberd, which might remind you of something.
- Theme Naming: For light user there are Inalunadia,Dia and Anogia for "D or G -ia". Also MirIA.
- Sara and Sion since they are sisters.
- And for wind user "S"ion,SADIE and DIno.
- Really 700 Years Old: Lyra is the master of Taoist who is later revealed to be at least thousand years old as her name was written in the Memory of Star Book.
- The Reveal: Nurse Fran is actually Olmoldee. Not that it's hard anyway.
- Valerie was a member Nefiria race, and was the one who killed Royce, Ashley's brother. And to top it of, Tenes Lapis is Royce's.
- Anogia and Miria used to be students at Urguard.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Lefy
- Save Scumming: Used for best breaks.
- Sealed Evil in a Can
- Shout-Out : Ashley first appearance is very similiar to Motoko from Love Hina anime. Poor Lefy...
- The breast touching sound some how appeared in Glen's bath event
- Sirens Are Mermaids: Elulu
- Something About a Rose: Ashley, which nicknamed her "Black Rose Knight". The roses that are planted in front of Urgaurd are planted by her brother, Royce
- Her theme song is even named "Lady of Black Rose"!!
- Spell Book: Yuu uses this to attack. His job class isn't named Grimoire for nothing.
- Squishy Wizard: Yuu has the highest MAG stat and one of the lowest HP and DEF stats in the game. Sara and Sion are similar.
- At least Yuu can tank decent magic. Sara and Sion on the other hand their HP in "Unique" is so low that they are forced into "Balanced" for entire 99 levels which isn't that bad consirder they will have very high Atk and Tec.
- Averted with Elulu, Inaluna and Orumorudi. The latter two have high RES and HP. The former two have high SPD. And to top it of Elulu has the highest RES than of character in the game!
- Status Buff: Almost everyone has them.
- Stone Wall: Heine.
- Super Move Portrait Attack: The Unison Strikes and Flash Drives
- Stripperiffic - Orumorudi's outfit. Inaluna's to a lesser extent, mostly because she's not half as well-endowed as her. Also Elisa "Cowgirl" outfit.
- Token Mini-Moe: Sara. Also the twins Hiyo and Hina and Principal Kirika.
- Tsundere: Inalunadia.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: For an actual blue Elulu, Lyra and Lotta.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: What Reinhart and the Felicia has been doing since the start of the game.
- Whip It Good : Inaluna, strangely this doesn't make her look more dominatrix like.