open/close all folders
The First Six
- Voiced by: Daisuke Ono (JP)
- An Ice Person: His only magic attack, but it belongs to neutral/void element with ice-like animation...
- Artificial Human
- BFS: As Berserker, at leat it looks big enough. Later as Ragnarok, his Flash Drive enables him to momentarily increase his sword's size, fulfilling this trope
- Bi the Way: Depends on the player Levi can end up with one of the female protagonists, or Dino.
- The Berserker: His class initially.
- Childhood Friend: With Lily.
- Glass Cannon: His Unique level build focus on very high physical damage while lessens his defense growth. Made more pronounced with his skill Arm Shift as Ragnarok.
- The Hero
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Continuing Luminous Arc Protagonist's tradition with weapon of choice.
- Mystical White Hair: His hair turns white when he transforms into Ragnarok.
- Official Couple: Elulu, but can be averted for "all" other females and some of the males.
- Shock and Awe: His magic attack as Ragnaro. Interestingly, there's no thunder element in this game and this belong to silver element.
- Voiced by: Eriko Nakamura (JP)
- The Chick
- Feminine Women Can Cook: She helps in student cafetaria, and her cookings are generally great if she's not mistaking sugar for salt...
- First Law of Resurrection
- Heroic Sacrifice: She protected Levi from a fatal attack brainwashed Glen aimed at him.
- Leitmotif: "So that your wounds heal"
- Making a Splash and Kill It with Water
- Meaningful Name: Elle comes from Erelah which is a hebrew word means "angel".
- The Medic: Her primary role just like her theme song.
- Combat Medic: She is the strongest spellcaster in term of defensive stat.
- Musical Assassin: Uses a flute as her weapon of choice.
- Sirens Are Mermaids
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- Voiced by: Tomokazu Sugita (JP)
- Brainwashed and Crazy: As a result of Valerie corrupting his lapistier.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Despite his battle sprite wearing helmets, he doesn't wear one in conversation to show his emotion. Later when he's Brainwashed and Crazy, his status image depicts him wearing helmet he uses in battle to show he is on evil side.
- Killed Off for Real: If you don't choose the correct decision prior to battle with him and Valerie and not killing him last during the fight with both of them.
- The Lancer: Bonus point for his weapon of choice being Blade on a Stick.
- Leitmotif: "Crimson Sovereign"
- Meaningful Name: If you spell his name in kanji (紅蓮,ぐれん) it means "Crimson".
- Playing with Fire: His Element.
- The Rival
- Sugar and Ice Personality: He's cool but when he blushes...
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cranberry Pancakes
- Voiced by: Nana Mizuki (JP)
- Action Girl
- Bare Your Midriff
- Casting a Shadow
- Dual Wielding
- Healing Hands: Quite surprisingly, she has a skill to restore status effect to her and units surrounding her.
- Leitmotif:"Knight of Black Rose"
- Lightning Bruiser: Swift, high HP and high physical defense, suitable for combat.
- Magicallyinept Fighter: Let's say her magic stats are a bit lacking.
- Onee-sama: By Emma, Kate and Chloe.
- Something About a Rose: Her outfit "Valkyrie", her theme song "Lady of Black Rose" and her brother's planted rose in front of Urguard.
- Voiced by: Hiroyuki Yoshino (JP)
- The Big Guy
- Bishōnen: Only when he is serious. And in his ending.
- Butt Monkey: Don't underestimate him though.
- Cuteness Proximity: Materialized in his idiot hair sensor.
- Iron Butt Monkey: He's much tougher than he looks.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Most of the pervert jokes in the story can be traced back to Heine.
- Idiot Hair: Can be used to searh for cute thing eg. Bonaparte, Sara.
- Green Thumb
- Leitmotif: "Mood Maker?"
- Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me: And it does!
- Shield Bash: Yes, the Shield doubles as his weapon of choice.
- Mighty Glacier: The strongest damage taker, but has lowest AO and SPD, making his turns come last.
- Official Couple: With Inaluna somewhat. Unless you played Inaluna's Ending.
- Taking the Bullet: Played with. He took an attack from Valerie aimed at Inaluna, but he didn't die. Of course, Inaluna who cried thinking that he died whipped him instead.
- Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro (JP)
- Absolute Cleavage and Cleavage Window: Her princess outfit and Ishitar outfit respectively.
- Barrier Warrior: The only one who has spell to reflect magic attack.
- Expy: Of Lucia, appearance only though.
- Everything's Better with Princesses
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Evident by her enrollment to Ulgard and her active participation in battles.
- Light Is Good
- Meaningful Name: Inalunadia -> Inanna(Goddess of Love) + Luna(Moon) + Dia(Day)
- Alternatively: Inaradia -> Illuminating/Shining day
- Whip It Good: Invokes slavery instead of dominatrix. Also functions as her fan.
The second Four
- Voiced by: Ryo Hirohashi (JP)
- Child Prodigy: Naturally, since sheawakened her magi at the age of 10.
- Cute Witch: And idolized the previous one too.
- Deadpan Snarker: one of the most probable thing she says when she opens her mouth other than being a troll.Sara: If he's a prodigy, what am I? a God?
- Expy: Her character and mannerism seems to take quite a bit after another certain little sister...
- Green Thumb
- Gradual Regeneration: Her Regen Mass spell.
- Healing Hands: She has Curer spell and Regen Mass spell.
- The Smart Girl: Her magic stat should answer that question.
- Squishy Wizard: her defensive stats are one of the lowest, combined with her abysmall HP should you choose Unique stat growth.
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Tag Along Kid: She is group source information.
- Troll: She has an amusing timing whether to listen to her classmates or not.
- Wise Beyond Her Years
- Voiced by: Aki Toyosaki (JP)
- Always Accurate Attack: She has higher accuracy than most (if not all other) units, enabling her to hit anything without fail. However, since she's built to be a mage and her attack power is one of the lowest, this becomes mundane.
- Big Sister Instinct: Has a minor Shade of this. Protecting Sara is the catalyst in awakening her dormant Magi.
- Blow You Away
- Death from Above: Her Second Flash Drive involves Rain of Arrows.
- The Chick
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Healing Hands: She has 2 healing spells: One to restore debuffs and one to restore HP as well as status effect.
- Leitmotif: "Roadside Flower"
- Our Angels Are Different: Has both black and white wings.
- Power Gives You Wings: Transforming into Venus magi gives her wings.
- The Power of Love: Amor Storm, her third Flash Drive, literally mean storm of love.
- Shrinking Violet: Lesser than the usual stereotype, though.
- Squishy Wizard: trope shared by her sister.
- Voiced by: Eri Kitamura (JP)
- Casting a Shadow
- Cool Hat
- Child Mage
- Dark Is Edgy
- Improbable Weapon User: He uses stone tablet as a weapon. Surprisingly, his weapon range is the same as Shion's bow.
- Life Drain: His Night Drain skill.
- The Smart Guy: He specialized in analyzing and collecting information. Also, he loves to write memos.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chocolate Cookies
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Cross as female twice.
- Wise Beyond His Years
- Voiced by: Yuuichi Nakamura (JP)
- Always Accurate Attack: His Mind Projection (first) skill will hit anything regardless of SPD.
- Artificial Lapistier
- Back from the Dead
- Battle Butler
- Blow You Away: With his Bash Storm.
- Doppelgänger Attack: His first Flash Drive involves splitting himself into 3 while throwing his knife.
- Fragile Speedster: His AO enables him to be one of first attackers among the party accompanied with the highest SPD of all, but his defense and magic defense is a bit of lackluster.
- Knife Nut: It's more of throwing knife, really.
- Magically Inept Fighter: His magic stats should answer your question.
- Revenge: When it's revealed that Nefiria lapistier was created from his dead lover's.
- Straight Gay
- Yaoi Guys: [[spoiler:Towards Royce and later Refi.]
The never seem to age girls
- Voiced by: Kimiko Koyama (JP)
- Bare Your Midriff
- Creepy Child: Her child-like appearence combined with a ghost motif...
- Glass Cannon: Her defense is one of the lowest among playable characters.
- Healing Hands: Her final spell is Resurrection.
- Improbable Weapon User: Uses scroll as her weapon which has the same attack area as Gaston.
- Making a Splash
- May Fly December Romance: With Levi
- Really 700 Years Old: Its implied that she's lived more than 1000 years.
- Zettai Ryouiki
- Voiced by: Sayuri Yahagi (JP)
Other Characters at Urguard Academy
Click to view spoiler
- Voiced by: Mai Nakahara (JP)
- Alas, Poor Villain: Her death is kinda sad (both times), especially since Anogia does a Heel–Face Turn.
- Back from the Dead: She appears in "Hell" after she was killed by Anogia as the last obstacle before reaching Queen of Nefiria.
- Bitch In Sheep Clothing: She's on Nefiria's side all along.
- Boobs of Steel
- The Baroness
- Cool Hat
- Dark Is Evil:Played with.
- Evil Counterpart: To Orumorudi
- Face–Heel Turn
- Glass Cannon: She hits very, very hard and fast but can't take physical damage too much coupled with her lack HP. She's still lucky she has high enough magic resistance.
- Killed Off for Real: In Anogia's hand.
- Walking Spoiler
- Hot Librarian: Male example.
- Information Broker: Sort of. If Levi's relationship with other party member is high enough, he can sell "Private information" regarding them. The higher the relationship, the more you can unlock. They're not that important though.
Hina and Hiyo
- Voiced by: Asami Shimoda (JP)
Lotta, Elisa and Myuu
Pete and Nahato
- Voiced by: Takayuki Kondo
- An Ice Person: Uses a scythe made out of nothing but ice.
- Fingersnap Badass: His Flash Drive. He snaps his finger and voila! Instast scythe return!
- Healing Factor: He quickly recovered after receiving hit from battle to withhold his army's raid at Ulgard Gate, prompting the party to draw back.
- Healing Hands: Cure Magic.
- Killed Off for Real
- Precision-Guided Boomerang: His Flash Drive involves him throwing his scythe which comes back to him.
- Sinister Scythe
"I'm not a bunny! Myou, Myou!!"
- Butt Monkey
- Expy: Arguably March Hare.
- Evil Counterpart: To Leonard.
- Heel–Face Turn
- Master of Disguise: Has the ability to change his shape, as seen from when he disguised himself as Inaluna. His theme song is "Uncommon IMPOSTER", even!
- Verbal Tic: "Myou myou~!" Or just "Myou~!" at the end of his every sentence.
- Voiced by: Aya Endo (JP)
- Breath Weapon: One of her skills include breathing fire at her opponents.
- Heel–Face Turn
- Musical Assassin: Her weapon of choice is a small harp.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: She simply changed her hair color.
- Playing with Fire: Her FD animation is a personification of this. Bonus point that she is inspired by samba dancing.
- Voiced by: Miyuki Kishimoto (JP)
- Voiced by: Masayuki Kato (JP)
- Glass Cannon: He has Attack Shift skill which trades his 50 of all defensive stats for additional 50 on his attacking stats just like Levi in his Ragnarok form.
- Light Is Not Good
- Lolicon: Subverted in that Miria age is over 1,000 years old.
- Heel–Face Turn
- Optional Party Member: Choose the right dialogue before recruiting him and defeat all enemies before him, and he'll join.
- Person of Mass Destruction
- Voiced by: Yoko Hikasa (JP)
- Heroic Mime: Justified
- Element Number Five: Her element is silver, like Refi and The Core of God.
- Eyes Always Shut: Until Aura Lapis is used...
- Our Angels Are Different
- Voiced by: Junko Kitanishi (JP)
The One who gazes at everything
Core of God
- Voiced by: Taichi Endo (JP)