- Thousand night, Recurrence night, Reverie and Invite.
and...[7days Immortal] Unreal BLACK THINGS.
The deep darkness of the hollow night. New shells of incarnation alight.
One swing of a sword. Sinuous white snake. Savage fangs of the beast.
Tonight, the deepest night. Blessing for all who confronts...
1st Clause. DIVIDE.
- Always Night: Caused by the titular phenomenon.
- Ambidextrous Sprite: Hilda provides an aversion where her dress and eye colors will show the correct one regardless of which way she is facing.
- Badass Longcoat: Gordeau's purple duster, and Seth's black trenchcoat.
- BFS: Yuzuriha and Hyde wield very long katanas. Likewise, Gordeau uses an even longer Sinister Scythe, and Nanase wields a broadsword as long as she is tall
- Big Bad: Hilda.
- Bishounen: Hyde and Seth.
- Blood Knight: Carmine
- Bloody Murder: Carmine is shown to fight by using his own blood.
- Cast from Hit Points Carmine is also shown to use attacks that drain from his HP, he can heal via a grab.
- Casting a Shadow: Both Hyde and Seth. Gordeau also has a few darkness-like attacks.
- Coat Cape: Yuzuriha, with a kimono.
- Combo Breaker: Veil Off. Somewhat subverted in that it's not usable while getting hit, unlike other fighting games with combo breakers.
- Comeback Mechanic: Inverted. Grind Vorpal gives whoever's got the better offense a 10% damage boost once every 15 seconds and can sacrifice this buff for a BlazBlue-like Lag Cancel, sometimes leading to an Unstable Equilibrium.
- Cool Sword: Hyde, Orie and Yuzuriha have one.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite his appearance, attitude, and job as an Assassin, Seth is the game's Anti-Hero.
- Eldritch Abomination: Voids can drive people who can see them insane, causing them to become Voids as well. Those who can see them and maintain their mental stability become super-powered In-Births.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Seth and Hilda.
- Genki Girl: Yuzuriha, if the music notes that come out of her sprite during battle are any indication.
- Gratuitous English: Just like its predecessor, if not worse.
- Gordeau is, aside from the name and menus, the most notable example. GURIIMU REEPAAH! MORTARU SURAIDO!
- "FIRST CLAUSE! DIVIDE!"
- "DOWN! DEPLETION OF EXS!"
- "BREAKDOWN! VANISHMENT OF VOID!"
- Hyde goes for Punctuated! For! Emphasis! when doing his Vacant Shift special move: "FIRST! SECOND! THIRD!"
- Orie follows Hyde combined with Calling Your Attacks for her super named "REST! IN! PEACE!"
- Guest Fighter:
- Melty Blood's Sion Eltnam Atlasia? Technically, Eltnum is (more or less) Sion Eltnam Atlasia in an Alternate Universe. She is subject to the same events as in Melty Blood, with most of Sion Eltnam Atlasia's back-story (and a massive design change). It should be noted that Eltnum is said to be intruding on the events of UNiB.
- Played far straighter with Akatsuki.
- Because of her existence, there are a few things from Eltnum that pay Homage to her ten years as a combatant in Melty Blood, with her theme being the biggest one, which is a remix of Blood Drain, Melty Blood Actress Again's title theme. There is also the small fact that Eltnum lives on the Forth Wall in story mode, having fought for ten years... she sees herself as viewing how the "next generation" stacks to herself. As such, she views her relationships with other characters as something of a Sempai/Kohai relationship, especially with Hyde. Just about everyone brushes her off as insane. And She is finally free of that Goddamn Shroom (read one: Kinoko Nasu) in her ending.
- Well, he is here... so you can't just summon the Blitz motor user without some references to his struggle. The theme that accompanies Akatsuki isn't his own, similar to Eltnum. War Start -Again- is a remix of title theme to Akatsuki Blitzkampf.
- Humanoid Abomination: Merkava. Most of the other Void probably qualify as well.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Yuzuriha. With a BFS no less.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Yuzuriha's got one nice katana. Hyde's sword is also a katana.
- Lady of War: Orie is pretty much checking every list of requirements of this trope. Yuzuriha's fighting style is also pretty graceful, but she's more energetic than most examples.
- Multi Coloured Hair: Both Hyde and Seth. Hyde's is black and blond, while Seth's is black and white.
- Light 'em Up: Orie
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Hilda, of course.
- One-Handed Zweihänder: How Gordeau wields his Sinister Scythe.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: Carmine's hair starts out white, but turns red when he activates his powers.
- Rated M for Manly: Gordeau certainly looks the part.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Hyde and Seth respectively. There's also the blue-haired Orie and the redhead Yuzuriha. Carmine and Gordeau also exhibit this trope in the former's Arcade Story.
- The Rival: Seth to Hyde, not unlike Arc System Works other Red Oni, Blue Oni rivalries (Sol & Ky and Ragna & Jin). Gordeau and Chaos are a friendly variant on this. Both sets of rivals have themes that play when they fight.
- Shock and Awe: Akatsuki's Blitz Motor gives him this special property. It does make him very hungry very quickly though.
- Sinister Scythe: Gordeau has this... notice that he's pulling it out of thin air
- Super Mode: Veil Off. Gives a 10% damage boost and doubles as a Combo Breaker.
- Token Mini-Moe: Vatista, who is also an Elegant Gothic Lolita and a Little Miss Badass on top of that.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Gordeau, who has a long jacket instead
- Word Salad Title: The Japanese trend of naming things weirdly because it sounds cool strikes with a VENGEANCE in this series. (Though you have to wonder if they meant Inverse, which Makes Just as Much Sense in Context as the alternative, but at least it's a word.)
- The Worf Effect: In Orie's Arcade mode, Merkava comes in out of nowhere after Hilda is defeated, and devours/kills her before fighting Orie himself.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Waldstein, and to some degree Merkava.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: Hilda
- Zettai Ryouiki: Linne and Orie. There's also Eltnum.
Vanishment of Void