Heartwarming / Under Night In-Birth
"After all, we still have plenty of time to kill, right?"
- Hyde's a pretty good source for these. Despite being loud and vulgar, he's actually an incredibly Nice Guy.
- Hyde's entire reason for being in the Hollow Night is because he wanted to help Linne fight Hilda, despite being specifically ordered to stay behind. Even when they first met, Hyde was willing to try and talk things out with some thugs troubling her and personally got involved to bail her out from a bad situation. Afterwards, he even offers to show her around town. Later on, after he gains his powers, he offers his home to her and Waldstein. This also comes to include Vatista and the four are frequently referred to as Hyde's Family.
- When he encounters Yuzuriha, he apologizes to her for something he did in the past, and has regretted ever since. He then goes on to state his reasons for fighting, culminating in a friendly spar between them.
"I've never forgotten about what happened then... I am sorry, and I always have been. I lost sight of myself, and well... What I did was pretty messed up. And afterwards, I ran and hid like a coward, pretending I knew nothing. Pretty pathetic, huh? But that's all in the past now. I know it might be too late, but I found a reason to fight. And not because that "person" told me to, either. I fight because I want to."
- Yuzuriha and Hyde were apparently very well acquainted when they were younger, to a point where he still thinks of her like an older sister to him. Hyde was very attached to her in their youth and Yuzuriha was equally as affectionate towards her cute little brother figure. Their respective victory dialog against the other has Hyde telling Yuzuriha not to fall asleep outside and catch a cold while if Yuzuriha wins, she expresses how proud she is of how strong Hyde has become.
- No one would have guessed how close Hyde and Orie were until Chronicle Mode and some research in the Character Q&As shed more light on their friendship. Orie frequently visited Hyde's house after learning that he lived alone to help clean and cook for him. She also frequently helped him study for exams and general schoolwork. What's more, Linne's keen observations judge that the two clearly show interest in the other from body language alone. She also makes an assumption on how such a punk like Hyde met with an honor student like Orie and deduces that Orie's status as a transfer student had Hyde assisted her in getting acclimated to the co-ed school environment. All this and they still end up meeting out in the night and are forced to fight each other where Hyde decides to side with Linne and Orie sides with her loyalties to Licht Kreis.
- In Vatista's arcade ending, he compliments her on her strength in battle and invites her to live at his house until the next Hollow Night, after realizing she has nowhere else to go. Then, as pictured above, he then grabs her hand and leads the way, giving Vatista the most emotional reaction she's shown so far.
- In Waldstein's arcade ending, he lets an unconscious Linne rest on his arm, carrying her away after defeating Hilda in her stead.
- In Byakuya's arcade ending, he vows to continue aiding Tsukuyomi in finding the person she's looking for, even after letting it slip that they're not siblings and trying to kill and devour her. What makes him change his mind? He sees a mark on her chest that prompts her to explain to him her true goals; To find a friend of hers she hurt in the past and apologize.
- Evidently, Mika went through a lot of trouble to travel to Japan and help Orie with the Hollow Night, despite receiving no real orders to do so. Now that's true loyalty.
- Any scene in which Chaos interacts with Gordeau. The two are clearly completely comfortable in each other's presence, with Chaos opening up and smiling more and Gordeau totally dropping his tough-guy act to chat as equals. Friendly Rivalry at its finest.
- It's also notable that the two even are friendly rivals, considering that Chaos is mostly a Non-Action Guy and borderline Insufferable Genius, while Gordeau is a World's Strongest In-Birth and a goofy manly man. Really shows how much they respect one another, despite their differences.
- This is amplified further in Chronicle Mode where it's revealed that it was Gordeau who brought Chaos into Amnesia and how quickly their friendship grew in the span of a couple months. When Roger was killed, Gordeau sank into a depression and Chaos made it part of his schedule to check in on Gordeau almost every day. Despite Hilda's loud objections to Gordeau taking a break from Amnesia, Chaos completely understood where Gordeau was coming from and agreed to his leave of absence without complaint.
- Most of Amnesia show similar signs of this. It's tough to consider them an evil organization when they're mostly just a group of friends. Both Gordeau and Chaos, despite voicing their issues with Hilda, can't seem to simply let her risk herself into becoming a void like Roger did with her ambition. Even with their problems with her, they still consider her a friend. Chaos is also friends with Enkidu and the latter is especially empathetic to Gordeau seeing as how someone close to Enkidu passed away without him ever expecting it.
- Despite his unfortunate predicament, Merkava gets a few of these when he encounters certain characters. Both Chaos and Vatista are intelligent enough to quickly get a grasp of his situation, and rather than freak out or attack him like the others do, they sit down and have a surprisingly civil chat about their respective natures and abilities. Even when his hunger overtakes him and he attacks, they never stop showing the utmost respect for him as a fellow intellectual. And, of course, Hyde's only response to seeing him in the flesh is to geek over how cool he is and try to make conversation.
- Seth has been characterized to be brooding and very laconic in his interactions before Chronicle Mode and nobody expected to see such a difference in character to how he was when he was younger. His Chronicle Mode episode has a segment where we see Seth from 10 years ago, a shy but very determined little boy who encounters a previous incarnation of Linne. Seth's shares his starry-eyed wish to help the poor tortured Princess he heard of in legends almost makes Linne cry after hearing someone so determined to save her after being blamed for all the things she had no part in by the Night Blade itself. Linne even tries to badly cover up the fact that she's the Princess in question and Seth answers that if she were the Princess, he'd take her back home with him so the rest of his family could help her too. In the end, Seth promises to one day save her and he'll be training every day to acquire strength and maybe even fight his father one day to prove it.
- The younger Seth even mentions how he should get stronger to save her and contemplates training harder to run faster.