"Oh... My... GOD! Commander Kokonoe, that is soooo awesome! No, seriously... I'm feeling a tingly sensation in my naughty bits..."For some reason, geeks like to make jokes that geeks actually have sexual arousal about their geek interests. Not sex or fetishes, this is about the latest technology or something like that. Basically, it's the geek factor that is turning them on. If the thought of Wonder Woman fighting Storm turns someone on because it would be an awesome comic, and not because it's two hot chicks fighting, you have this trope. Just one of the many ways TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life. Also, some of the examples would be Not Safe for Work. This also doesn't count if a guy just has raging hormones and gets erections at anything, nor does it count if it's merely Squee or And the Fandom Rejoiced. There has to be implications of sexual arousal. This can happen even when Nerds Are Virgins. Compare with Geeky Turn-On, Squee, Why Don't You Marry It?, Awesomeness Is Volatile.
open/close all folders
- Spider-Man cites the trope by name in an issue of New Avengers when he sees the inner workings of an Ultimo the team is helping Iron Man with.
Live Action TV
- Yellow Overdrive Power Ranger Ronny seemed to get quite hot and bothered when she saw the zords her team were going to be driving. The fans, of course, latched on to her "zordgasm", and soon put her in a Cargo Ship (with drills, after she had a similar reaction to the Drill Blaster in a later episode).
- Stephen Fry has a nerdgasm in this video after spotting a Tesla Roadster in traffic and hearing how big of a touchscreen the new Model S will have in the dash. During his second appearance in the "Star In A Reasonably-Priced Car" segment on Top Gear, he got more than a little excited while driving his fast lap and Jeremy asked him if he'd had a crisis.
- Parodied on an episode of Saturday Night Live with a fake commercial for a sex chat line featuring women dressed as different geek icons (including Princess Leia, Uhura, and Galadriel) who speak only in references to their respective works.
- Adam Savage of MythBusters plays it straight and references it by name in one Indiana Jones-themed myth when he dresses up as Indy.
- In The Big Bang Theory, Amy tries to induce this in Sheldon so that the good feelings are associated with her. It works.
- A PG version of this trope occurs in FoxTrot with Jason ogling a computer ad in a magazine the way an older boy would ogle a magazine centerfold. Peter's done the same thing with a guitar magazine.
- Jason and Marcus have both ogled a National Geographic with no-holds barred, fully detailed diagrams of the Apollo 11 lunar lander.
- Naked Snake/Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater had one when EVA gives him the .45. He's got a woman with her boobs out in front of him, but he's staring at that gun and gushing over it like he might just try and have sex with it!
- From the forums of Halo:
'I didn't like the way they were driving the jeep though, it didn't look as good as in the other movies. But when he showed off the "inverse kinematics" I achieved an immediate erection!
- This writer for Destructoid admits getting a stiffie when Golden Sun had the third game announced.
- From Moviebob:
"A few months back, Capcom gave old-school gamers like myself the world over a Sizemorean-level affliction of acute priapism, by announcing it was revisiting the world of Bionic Commando..."
- Followed immediately by disappointment at the Real Is Brown take and later by the poor control layout.
- In Disgaea 3, Comedic Sociopath Mao has a tendency to do this whenever he witnesses something particularly evil. His reaction is complete with labored breathing and drooling. (It's probably worth mentioning that Mao embodies a number of stereotypes of RPG gamers.)
- Makoto Nanaya of BlazBlue literally does this in Tager's Continuum Shift joke ending, when Tager transforms into a giant gold-plated Humongous Mecha in order to fight a giant robot version of resident Cat Girl Taokaka. Don't ask.
Makoto: "Oh... My... GOD! Commander Kokonoe, that is so awesome! No, seriously, I'm getting a tingly sensation in my naughty bits... Please, can I have control? Please? Pretty please!?"
- A really disturbing strip of Dueling Analogs. Apparently the combined news of Mega Man 9 and Diablo III made a mess to clean up.
- Rooster Teeth Comics - When Gus' wife Esther starts playing World of Warcraft, Gus spends the next four comics with a MASSIVE ERECTION.
- The Goblins side-comic character Tempts Fate has one of these when he sees, quote, "the most unnecessarily, overly trapped door ever", endquote, in action.
- From Penny Arcade:
- Ctrl+Alt+Del on Korea's reaction to the announcement of Starcraft II
- The comic Little Gamers does this once in a while, such as one of them "excited" from news about the newest iPhone iteration.
- Carson the muskrat in Dork Tower responds to Baldur's Gate II in this way. During the opening credits.
- One strip in Air Force Blues has Barbie literally jacking off to a technical write-up of the F-22 Raptor.
- Nerf NOW!! observes "Gun Lust" on Borderlands.
- Nerds describing hardware and software as 'sexy' has ultimately culminated in a software library being named 'libsexy.'
- Joe Loves Crappy Movies: "What's a geek boner?"
- From Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series:
Voice From Helicopter: Mr. Kaiba, our scanners have detected that an Egyptian God Card has been summoned somewhere in the city. If you climb on board, we'll take you to the signal's location.Kaiba: And now I have a boner.
- When he sees a train designed to look like his beloved Blue-Eyes White Dragon card, he comments "I have the weirdest boner right now."
- A fan's reaction to the announcement of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- QueerNet Blog: "And my first thought wasn’t 'WOW, Hot guys making out!' it was 'WOW, I want that Empire shirt!'"
- Zero Punctuation sometimes draws Yahtzee having a stiffie when playing a game Ben really likes.
- The Cinema Snob says that watching an Orson Welles movie makes him orgasm.
- Game Grumps: In the first episode of their Banjo-Kazooie playthrough, JonTron outright says that he just jizzed in his pants over it.
- Sequelitis: Once Egoraptor starts talking about Mega Man X.
"This is: WHY MEGA MAN X IS SO FUCKING GOOD THAT IT MAKES MY DICK ROCK HARD."
- Tom Warburton describes his feelings when he and his team came up with the concept for the last episode of Codename: Kids Next Door as a nerdgasm.
- In a 30-second gag that appeared between two shorts in the Cartoon Network series Dexters Laboratory, Dexter got a magazine, took it to an underwater hideout and ogled the centerfold...of a wrench.
- Edd from Ed, Edd n Eddy once looked excitedly at the centerfold of a magazine, that he found in Eddy's basement. But it turns out that it was a picture of an insect!
- Implied in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic of all places: in "Castle-Maneia", Twilight Sparkle finds herself in an ancient library, and her wings immediately pop out.