It's Not Porn, It's an Index
This isn't dirty, we swear.
The titles of these tropes seem like they belong in Nudity Tropes
or Sex Tropes
, but they aren't (no, Rule 34
doesn't make them so).
Often it's because the title seems that way as a joke (especially Just for Pun
titles), and often because the name uses a word that has multiple meanings where one is well known to be about sex. For others, it's a case where the object of affection is given the same amount of drool and adoration as actual porn might be.
- Alternate History Wank: As "wank" is slang for masturbation, it's understandable that you'd think this was sexual, but it's not. It's the trope for when a single aspect of an alternate history is singled out and advantaged.
- Canon Wank: Nope, not when a character masturbates in canon! This is going on a long rant trying to explain that something non-canon could be canon.
- Car Porn: A scene that focuses on a Cool Car, not Auto Erotica or a risque Hood Ornament Hottie.
- Cherry Tapping: Because "tap" can be a slang for sex, and breaking the hymen (which can happen during sex) can be called "popping the cherry", this can sound sexual. Its actual definition, however, is when somebody is defeated with a weak attack to embarrass them.
- Choreography Porn: Describing a dance in great detail, not when the sex scenes in a porn are carefully planned out and practiced.
- Continuity Porn: A story that focuses more on continuity than the actual story.
- Costume Porn: No, this isn't porn film where the actors are wearing Fanservice Costumes. It's about extremely detailed clothes.
- Cunning Linguist: Because the phrase itself sounds like the word "cunnilingus", which means oral sex on a woman, people joke with that phrase. The trope, however, literally means a linguist who's cunning.
- Description Porn: The use of a detailed description of anything... which can include sex, but usually it's about things that are clean.
- Design Student's Orgasm: A visual image that is artistic and nonsensical.
- Fan Wank: A fan theory designed to explain plot holes.
- Food Porn: Actually means really interesting, delicious-looking food.
- Foreign Culture Fetish: A character really likes a culture of a country they're not from, but it's not necessarily a sexual fetish.
- Gang Bangers: Because "bang" as a verb can be slang for sex, this sounds like Polyamory-but it's not. It's members of a gang who commit crimes.
- Gorn (being a Portmanteau of "gore" and "porn"). It doesn't mean a giant lizard-like alien either. It means over-the-top violence.
- Scenery Gorn: The scenery is described a lot, in a negative way.
- Gun Porn: A scenario with a whole lot of guns.
- Money Fetish: This doesn't necessarily involve someone who's sexually attracted to money. It's just a term for someone who likes money because it's money, rather than because they're greedy or need profit or whatever.
- Mythology Porn: A work with a lot of Mythology Gag's, not about how many myths involve a lot of sex.
- Nightmare Fetishist: This means someone who likes scary things, but they might not actually have a Fetish for them.
- Orgy of Evidence: People do have sex a lot in orgies, but this is not even about a real orgy. It's when evidence is spotted as fake because of the amount of it.
- Scenery Porn: Describing the scenery in great detail, though some porn films themselves may have elaborate sets.
- Script Wank: Something that's outright said to the audience after being implied.
- Technology Porn: A scene with heaps of emphasis on how cool a machine looks, not anything that might be Robosexual.
- Terminator Twosome: Two characters are sent back in time, one to change history and one to make sure it stays the same. The reason why it sounds sexual is because the suffix "-some" added to the number of people in a group has been used in a sexual sense (think of the word "threesome" for example).
- Torture Porn - Zig-Zagged due to Interplay of Sex and Violence, but mostly it's just the intersection of Psychological horror and Splatter Horror.
- With a Friend and a Stranger: The main cast is two friends and one person who doesn't know them. Not as sexual-sounding as the others, but some tropers have dirty minds when it comes to the word "with".