Rooster Teeth Comics
, written by Griffon Ramsey and drawn by Luke McKay, is a recently finished Webcomic
about the daily lives of the Rooster Teeth
staff (also known as the guys who brought you Red vs. Blue
). It is slightly fictionalized (Matt is not, in fact, dead and revived for helping the Devil with his marital problems) and makes topical, gaming and dick jokes. It ended on August 20th, 2011.
This comic provides examples of:
- Adaptational Attractiveness: Burnie demands to not be drawn fat.
- Art Evolution: The later artwork has more color depth compared to the earlier.
- The Bet: Geoff gets a new puppy, Burnie and Gus don't expect it to stay for long. It got puppy... cancer.
- Bandwagon Technique: Geoff's methodology toward cheering in the World Series.
- Big Eater: Burnie. Sometimes he gets carried away.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Ben isn't two steps ahead of you, he's three panels ahead of you.
- Butt Monkey: Burnie while going on airplanes.
- Crossdresser: Burnie and Geoff lose their luggage in Scotland and go with wearing skirts-er, kilts.
- Deadly Prank: Apparently inspired by Jackass The Movie 2 by Geoff and Jason. Not that they seem to know.
- Dysfunction Junction: If Rooster Teeth was anything like how they're portrayed in these comics, they wouldn't be alive, let alone having made numerous machinima series.
- Escalating War: Between Geoff, Jason, Matt, Gus and Burnie. Really escalating.
- Groin Attack: Lil' Vince Young is fond of this.
- The Faceless: Nathan, as a Running Gag about his height.
- Freudian Couch: Used here.
- The Fun in Funeral: When your friend dies because his coffee was secretly switched to decaf, tell everyone you beat Super Princess Peach and receive a high-five!
- Hard Core: Parodied by a comic of Gus fervently swearing and threatening... while playing UNO on Xbox.
- Homoerotic Subtext: Pops up among the RT staff, mostly between Gus and Geoff.
- A Hell of a Time: Matt went there when he was switched to decaf. He visited the gift shop on the way out. "It was alright. No sales tax!"
- Insurmountable Waist-Height Fence: Geoff gets stopped by one while playing L.A. Noire.
- It's All About Me: Gus is so self-centered, he has a cardboard cutout of himself and a large arrow with lights pointing to him in his office.
- Must Have Caffeine: When they switched Matt to decaf, he died. He came back to life for the coffee the gravedigger dropped on his grave.
- Not Helping Your Case: Burnie points out that reciting the Pledge of Allegiance is useless to discern terrorists who could just memorize it while he's a suspected terrorist.
- No, You: Geoff articulates not trying sushi further.
- One of Us: A humorous imagining of those who decided video games are protected by the First Amendment in the American Constitution.
- Pals With Jesus: Inverted. Matt is pals with Satan.
- Running Gag: Iron Man ground-pounding Burnie whenever someone says his name.
- Nathan's face always being cut off by the frame of the comic.
- The issue of cake versus pie represented by Gus and Geoff respectively comes up multiple times.
- Satan: A major character. Apparently he wears khakis and a tie.
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: Being a suspected terrorist.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Subverted with Geoff and Gus. Gus, the scrawny one, is angry and violent while Geoff, the veteran loaded with tattoos, gets facials and pedicures.
- Serious Business: Cake... or pie?
- Shout Out: To movies, games and anything else they like. Often World of Warcraft and Halo, naturally, but there have also been comics about BioShock, God Of War, and Indiana Jones.
- Take That: Matt's tombstone (long story) gets the epitaph (I would have used a different font, but I'm dead) under his name.
- Unexplained Recovery: Matt died and went to hell, but he wanted to rework the cover art for the Season 3 DVD.
- With Friends Like These: The portrayal of the Rooter Teeth staff in general. For example, Geoff taking care of Gus' cat and thus having the keys to his apartment.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Griffon, after after finding out Mass Effect 3 will allow guy-on-guy relationships.