I've just been to Rock & Roll Heaven, and you
know they got one hell of a band!
The House of Music is one big, endless concert, from the amateurs in the dingy basement to the lunatics on the roof (which is on fire). It's just as well every wall, floor and ceiling in the House is soundproof, as you may walk from a screaming crowd in one room, to an elegant ballroom dance in the next, and go downstairs to find a cacophonous endless jam session where the greatest musicians in history all have their styles clash horribly.
An entire security force of bouncers, some of whom are said to be trainees from the Defense house, do their best to keep things in line but the Music house is still the best place to find all kinds of mind/-altering substance if you know where to look (in particular, in the backyard it's like Woodstock
Naturally, this house gets endless calls for being too noisy, but blame whoever decided to put it across the road from the House of Knowledge
. The reason why the House of Craft
didn't soundproof its outsides is generally speculated to have something to do with the Council of Shadows
The gods in this house often like to play a quirky little game, called the Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness
. The gods would listen to songs and rate their heaviness/harshness from a 1 to an 11
. Suffice to say
the gods have also argued and even beaten each other up
on how heavy certain songs are.
There are a few songs that obtained notable attention in the House of Music. Queen Elsa's theme, "Let it Go" has been made into a whole album by every god in the House. Emmet's "Everything is Awesome" has become so infectious that it took the House two days to get the song out of their heads. Carl Fredricksen's "Married Life" is to not be played as the sheer sadness of the song has reduced many soft-hearted gods into tears. Mary Poppins' "Feed the Birds" caused an incident that made many of the birds in the Pantheon a bit too plump after the gods heard the song. Finally, "Prisencolinensinainciusol" by Adriano Celentano caused quite the fuss in the House of Music since its re-discovery, partly because of the lyrics, which are supposed to sound like English, but are actually gibberish. That said, the House of Music is determined to make renditions of every theme song in the Pantheon regardless of how people react to it.
In case you forget, Justin Bieber
is a Persona Non Grata
in this House. Please don't ascend him or otherwise this House, and to a extent, the entire Pantheon will be Ruined Forever
. In fact, there's an anthem where everybody's having fun without his annoying presence
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Ludwig van Beethoven, Twin Gods of Classical Music
Freddie Mercury, God of Charisma
- Greater Gods
- Symbol: A Treble Clef.
- Portfolio: Classical Music, Standard Snippets.
- Domains: Craft.
- Followers: Schroeder (Particularly follows Beethoven), Falco (particularly follows Mozart).
- Allies: Bill and Ted (for Beethoven), Jack and Annie (for Wolfgang), Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson.
- They are not aliens, or time travellers, incidentally.
- After his adventures with Bill and Ted, Beethoven has also developed a fondness for synthesized keyboards and rock music, but keeps the styles out of the music he personally composes.
- Mozart isn't as fond of modern music, though he has a guilty pleasure for Falco's song "Rock Me Amadeus".
- Jack and Annie visited Wolfgang once, having heard his opera "The Magic Flute". Mozart was completely in awe as he remembered seeing the two when he was just a boy known as Wolfie. Jack and Annie now are frequent visitors to the House to hear him play.
- Beethoven just facepalmed when he learned that Alex DeLarge joined the Pantheon.
The Beatles, Gods of Modern Music
- Greater God
- Symbol: A bottomless microphone stand
- Portfolio: Heavy Mithril, Crowd Songs, Operatic Stadium Rock, Fetish Fuel, Porn Stache, Crowd Pleaser, Cat Lover, Too Good To Last
- Domain: Music, Rule of Cool.
- Followers: Everybody.
- Allies: Queen, David Bowie.
- Rivals: The Tabloids.
- Was a personification of pure energy and talent in human form, sent from beyond the stars and heavens above to bring truly epic music to the masses.
- King Freddie's voice is regarded as the most beautiful sound in the universe on several alien worlds and at least 3 alternate dimensions.
- Chuck Norris' beard lives in awed reverence of Freddie's moustache.
- Former occupant of the royal throne in the court of the fairies.
- Will be reincarnated in exactly 300 years and become the saviour of humanity. May or may not have already passed on part of his soul into Noel Fielding.
- In the meantime, his torch has also been passed down to one Sol Badguy, a surprisingly devout fan of Queen tasked with saving the world from a currently unspecified "merciless apocalypse" near the end of the 22nd century.
- Although he has transcended unto the Seven Seas of Rhye, he still sends his love, darling.
- For some odd reason, he's noted that Dudley has a copy of one of his old concert costumes. Dudley explained that he is actually a fan of Freddie's music, and the two got along quite well, having tea in Dudley's rose garden.
- Is furious over Enrico Pucci and Yoshikage Kira having named their deadly Stands after his songs.
- His faith in humanity is officially restored since the eventual ban of Justin Bieber.
(The Fab Four, The Young Lads, The Boys From Liverpool, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band)
- Greater Gods, easily bordering on Overdeities
- Symbol: Drum logo reading "The Beatles" or the Yellow Submarine.
- Portfolio: Pioneering Artistry, Breakaway Pop Hits, Genre Turning Points, The British Invasion, snarking, and too many others to list.
- Domains: Craft, Emotion, Liberation, Trade.
- Followers: JAM Project, Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, Oasis, etc.
- Allies: Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson (he owns some of their songs), Houkago Tea Time
- No one is bigger than they are in the domain of Music.
- Paul McCartney has been seen pulling double duty.
- You can't buy John Lennon love, but he will kick your ass for free if you mess with his loved ones.
Rise Kujikawa, Goddess of Combat Support
, being an Idol Singer
herself, frequents this house to rehearse for her next big concert… when she's not being interrupted