On Vine, his videos consisted of a wide range of parody jokes, including meta humor, visual puns, and character-based gags. His videos on YouTube mostly revolve around commentary, and he talks about everything from weird internet content, to strange advertisements, to funny mockbuster movies. They're also highly edited in a lot of aspects, adding visual distortion, text, and other editing tricks to add a dose of Surreal Humor to his videos, and incorporate his comedy from Vine as well.
Tropes found in Danny's videos:
- Abusive Parents: In "Lele Pons Teaches Me How To Stand Up To My Bully", the bully Danny is trying to deal with is his own (fictional) father, who calls him names, blocks his way when he's trying to leave, and gives him noogies. At the end, he finally gains the confidence to stand up to him, which makes his dad melt.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall:
- One Vine has him call himself out for using peanut butter instead of a phone, to which he points out the peanut butter is just a prop for the video.
- "I've got a date with a hot cougar!" "Ah, nice! Oh wait, I know how this Vine is going to end..." and cue the Visual Pun of an actual cougar being the date, just as was predicted.
- Banging for Help: Played for Horror, as Danny and a friend hear some kids tell them they heard banging coming from the Team 10 house, all adding to their fear that something bad is going on.
- Companion Cube: Loves his giant nutcracker toy quite a bit, and keeps it in the background of his videos. In one video, he freaked out because he thought it had been magically stolen by the creators of Lilys Garden due to him mocking their ads.
- Comically Missing the Point: Played for Black Comedy; a prankster learns that his wife passed away because he was so bad at pranks; when the scene flashes back to him interrupting a man trying to give CPR, it's revealed that the man he interrupted was trying to save his wife. The prankster falters for a minute...then gets excited, because that means the man didn't hate his prank, but was just busy!
- Couldn't Find a Pen: Implied in "The Horrible Truth About Jake Paul and Team 10", when they notice "HELP" written on one of the house's windows in red.
- Deadpan Snarker: His humor is incredibly sarcastic and dry, with a majority of his jokes just being snarky reactions to whatever he's discussing.
- Deconstructive Parody: His green screen skits focus on what the content he's viewing would be like in his mind.
- Ear Worm: One Vine involves a serial killer using the Red Robin jingle to lure their victim out of hiding. It works, as the victim can't resist singing along.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: "Welcome to The Best Abs of Instagram, the show where I review everybody's abs on Instagram."
- Extreme Omnivore: One lyric from "Yummy" has him declare he'll eat a person's feet, and then their shirt.
- Future Me Scares Me: Parodied in a Vine, where the only issue is that Future Danny has gotten uglier.
- Grammar Nazi: Parodied in a Vine that claims that correcting someone's grammar immediately makes you super cool, with the person you corrected even proudly clapping for you.
- Heal It with Booze: Parodied; in "La Croix", Danny tries to use La Croix, a non-alcoholic beverage, to clean out his gunshot wound.
- Hypocritical Humor: One verse from "Yummy" laments the fact that the Paparazzi treat him like a "piece of meat"...in the middle of a song literally referring to a girl as a tasty snack he'd like to eat.
- I'm a Humanitarian:
- "Girl Scout Cookies: Now made with real Girl Scouts!"
- One line from "Yummy" involves him wanting to eat the girl's feet.
- "Senpai wouldn't notice me... So I baked him into a Sen-pie."
- Immortality: When Vampire Dad kills his son's bully, the bully, now a vampire, then declares that he's immortal now- much to the horror of the son.
- Mockumentary: "The Horrible Truth About Jake Paul and Team 10" is a documentary-style horror video of Danny and his friend uncovering dark secrets about Jake Paul and the rest of Team 10, including Danny narrating over the footage.
- Mood Whiplash: Pops up often in his vines:
- In one Vine, Danny finds a lucky penny...and then the ensuing text lets us know he ran into the street and was immediately hit by a car.
- One features him receiving a "letter" from the mail-man, with both of them laughing over the fact that it's just a paper "A"...only for the "A" to turn out to be a "Dear John" Letter.
- In "The Horrible Truth About Jake Paul and Team 10", Danny and his friend spend the video talking about how horrifying things are behind the scenes of Jake's vlogs, with Nick Crompton leading everything with an iron fist...before they discovered they were accepted into the team, cheer, and go on to become millionaires.
- I Love Nuclear Power: Dolphin Man got his half-human half-dolphin status when he was bitten by a radioactive man.
- OOC Is Serious Business: A Downplayed example in terms of severity. Usually, Danny sounds more amused and confused by the things he covers in his commentary videos. However, in the Ray Lopez video, he is clearly disgusted (bordering on Tranquil Fury, though he still jokes about a little in this instance) by Ray resorting to Ad Hominem towards the creator of a Buzzfeed article since Lopez can find no genuine critique of said article and is clearly just annoyed by Lopez for the next part of the commentary.
- Running Gag:
- Complaining about using the Update Corner, because it's physically painful for him to do so.
- Him having a sparsely or oddly decorated room, including constantly having a giant nutcracker in the background.
- In crossovers with Drew Gooden, the visitor will always be doing something weird at the start of the video...only for both of them to just look at each other and flatly ask if they want to make a video together, immediately moving on from whatever happened in the first few seconds.
- Stating that he and his followers are the "fastest growing army on YouTube" but insisting not to look it up, and also coming up with other weird "facts" about his fandom- such as that they're all blood related.
- In "Getting Roasted By My Own Fans", he keeps having to deal with comments talking about his nipples, and keeps arguing that he has the "most average nipples".
- Asking his wife, Laura, to do the intro...only to jump cut and interrupt her with an intro of his own.
- On videos on his second channel (where he likes to be goofier), he always makes sure to remind the viewer they are, in fact, on his second channel, where he likes to be a little goofier and drink La Croix.
- Parody: Many videos revolve around parodying things with the use of music, such as taking on an exaggerated character based on the person he's talking about in the video and singing a silly song about their work and actions.
- Sadistic Choice: Attempted and failed in one Vine, where the villain tried to get the hero to choose between his girlfriend and a Bus Full of Innocents.. but got the wrong girl, leading the hero to immediately go after the bus.
I'm bad at things that most people could do behind their back
- Danny likes to point out flaws in his own appearance, often admitting that he looks like various real-life women, and that even though he's aware of this fact, he's happy to admit to it anyway.
- A common gag in his parody songs is to make himself seem as silly or childish as possible, such as with this line from "Bad Boy":
I am bad at taking naps
Bitch, I don't know how to add
I'm bad at not smoking crack
I am good at watching PAW Patrol
I am bad at getting mad
Don't even know how that's possible
- Shout-Out: From "Yummy":You look like ravioli
And I got the formuoli
- Smurfing: In the fourth "Roasting Your YouTube Videos", Danny declares that "Greg" can now also be used as a verb.
- Sudden Soundtrack Stop: The music in "The Horrible Truth About Jake Paul and Team 10" suddenly cuts out just as Danny states the arrival of Nick Crompton.
- This Page Will Self-Destruct: Parodied in a vine video, where everything the spy has self-destructs randomly, including food and a baby.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Danny likes to drink La Croix. But only on his second channel, where he likes to be a little goofier and drink La Croix.
- Visual Pun:
- One Vine has the mail-man deliver a "letter", as in a paper letter "A", complete with wacky music to emphasize the point. Immediately subverted, as the "A" is an actual letter- a "Dear John" Letter, to be exact.
- "Your destination is ahead on the right." Cue Danny looking out the window to see a disembodied head on the curb.
- In being told that he, the owner of a "White Explorer", left his lights on...he goes out and yells at a literal Caucasian explorer, holding a light.
- Why Are You Not My Son?: Played With; In one Vine, the dad asks why the son can't be more like his friend, Kevin. When the son points out Kevin went missing yesterday, the dad shrugs, making his true feelings very clear.