Kurtis Conner is a YouTube commentator and comedian. Most commonly, he'll discuss and poke fun at other online content, movies, or television shows, and his videos include skits, humorous and surreal editing tricks, and puns. Lots and lots of puns.
In addition to his online career, he also does stand-up comedy.
Watch his videos here.
Kurtis's videos contain examples of:
- Blatant Lies: In one episode, he pranks his friend Jacob and then leaves the apartment. As he goes, he cheerfully states that "Jacob wasn't even mad"...while we see Jacob swearing at him and forcing him out.
- Gloomy Gray: In a collab with Danny Gonzalez and Drew Gooden, they're poking fun at an account called "Tiktokids", which they note kind of sounds like "took the kids". This transitions into sad piano music and the video's colors turning gray as they joke about how "she took the kids".
- "I Want" Song: His "Inside Boyfriend" character sings a song about wanting to go outside, which he hasn't been able to do for over a year, as his girlfriend leaves to go see her "Outdoor Boyfriend". She proceeds to completely gloss over his unhappiness, tells him to work on his singing, and leaves.
- Lame Pun Reaction: He once gets put in "Joke jail" for making a pun about a grocery store.
- Literal Metaphor: A man tells his friends he can't go golfing due to the old "ball and chain". As soon as he hangs up, we see he's talking about a literal, sentient, ball and chain. Who he loves.
- Literal Money Metaphor: Discussed. When Kurtis visits a Bass Pro Shop for some country-style clothes and comments on how stereotypically redneck everything and everyone is there.Kurtis: If they tell me my items are fifty bucks, do they mean fifty dollars or fifty deer carcasses? I guess we'll find out. It's a good thing I killed fifty deer last night, just to be safe.
- Once an Episode: Giving his subscribers an "extra greeting" at the start of every episode, and then telling people to go subscribe if they want that extra greeting. He forgot to do the greeting in one video, and was promptly "cancelled" on Twitter. Since then he's started adding "except that one time" after saying you get an extra greeting every video.
- Ominous Knocking: In "Ridiculous Safety TikToks", one of the skits involves Kurtis being in a bathroom stall as someone bangs on the door. It gets more and more unsettling as the knocking continues even as he insists the bathroom is occupied. When he finally goes to check, nobody's there... until he turns around and gets jump-scared by the Home Depot employees.
- Pungeon Master: A lot of the humor in the videos comes from Kurtis making an Incredibly Lame Pun and then swiftly acknowledging how bad the joke was, sometimes with a Rimshot, or the joke being emphasized in on-screen text or distorted editing.
- Running Gag:
- "(X) her? I hardly know her!" Jokes.
- During videos with his friend Jacob, there'll be a scene of Jacob freaking out in front of a mirror, trying to calm himself down because he's about to perform for millions of people.
- Jokes about Country Boys and Country Girls, often with a "yee yee".
- Heavy editing, often with his face being stretched or shrunk.
- Whenever someone in an image or video wears camouflage, he'll pretend that whichever body-parts the camouflage is touching are invisible.
- During his "Episode" series, he'd frequently joke about the love interest punching her car and then show a quick clip of her doing that with crashing sound effects.
- Quaking with Fear: After reading a Justin Bieber "Imagine", that involves a reporter shaking after Justin tells her "At least my fans do smart", he claims that if he ever gets told that, he'd just involuntarily start trembling wildly and die. To demonstrate, in a sketch with him and his girlfriend, his girlfriend quoting the line makes him immediately start to shake.