Pretty Cure might be aimed at young girls, but there's also the matter of those terrifying moments.
Moments pages are Spoilers Off. You Have Been Warned!
- Kawarino's Despair Mask just look plain creepy and haunting. Not to mention every non-named Nightmare members are wearing one, and at one point, all Cures end up wearing one, to the point that Nozomi in Go!Go! used that event as 'something she doesn't want to happen again'... Well, they ain't called "Nightmare" for nothing.
- And when Nozomi broke that off thanks to Coco, she dove in to her friends' mind... and found her friends first acting normal, but later revealed to have Dull Eyes of Unhappiness. Pretty chilling.
- None of them are nice people (except maybe for Bunbee), but Nightmare employees' defeats are enough to make you feel uncomfortable.
- Infinity!Chiffon. Those eyes. Those eyes.
- And the less we speak to what happened to France once Moebius got a hold of Chiffon the better.
- The Desert Devils.
- Try watching episode 41 when you are in the supposed target age range. Because you are mean in class, your kindergarten teacher turns into a huge dinosaur with mean claws.
- The destruction of the Trump Kingdom and the fate of its citizens. The younger kids probably won't understand what it's like to lose your home and your folks, but it makes the older kids (and the older audience) cringe.
- The Pretty Cure Graveyard.