- The Cures are told to conceal their identity despite the fact that the enemy has seen them transform numerous times.
- They're keeping their identities secret from their families and friends (not enemies), so as to not worry them and to maintain private lives.
- Indeed, in episode 42 of Smile Precure, Majorina forces Nao to morph into Cure March in front of her siblings.
- In every even-numbered continuity of Precure (counting both Futari wa Pretty Cure seasons and both Yes! Pretty Cure 5 seasons as one continuity each), there has been a HeelFace Turn for at least one female character who either became a Cure herself, befriended the Precures so closely, or fought alongside the Precures as a Cure. The emphasis on "even" is fitting considering that those characters are the ones on the most even terms with the Precures:
- Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash★Star - Michiru and Kaoru turn against Dark Fall to fight alongside the Splash Star duo, and gain new powers in the final battle.
- Fresh Pretty Cure! - Setsuna becomes Cure Passion.
- Suite Pretty Cure ♪ - Siren becomes Cure Beat.
- DokiDoki! PreCure - Regina does not become a Cure, but she did befriend them, especially Mana, and she sides with the Cures in the ending.
- Go! Princess Pretty Cure - Twilight becomes Cure Scarlet.
- Kirakira★PreCure a la Mode - Bibury does not become a Cure, though she is befriended by Ciel and later works at KIRAKIRA Patisserie in the episode after the one where is purified.
Fridge / Pretty Cure