These WMGs covers the Precure Series as the whole. For entries specific to a season, go to the following:
- Futari wa Pretty Cure
- Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash★Star
- Yes! Pretty Cure 5
- Fresh Pretty Cure!
- Heart Catch Pretty Cure
- Suite Pretty Cure ♪
- Glitter Force (Smile Precure)
- DokiDoki! PreCure
- Happiness Charge Pretty Cure
- Go! Princess Pretty Cure
- Mahou Tsukai Pretty Cure
- Kirakira★PreCure a la Mode
- Hugtto! Pretty Cure
- Star★Twinkle Pretty Cure
20 Minutes into the Future, Cobra Commander, under his alter ego, Corporate Commander, after finally obtaining enough money to build an army, he begins to Take Over the World. His first target is the Pretty Cures, and he almost instantly Curb Stomped all of the Pretty Cures thanks to the recruitment of all the villains of Pretty Cure. In response to this, a Fan Fic author creates an Author Avatar to recruit Xiao Xiao, a Mad Scientist, Jin Kazama, and Natsuru Senou, and Don Pygolesis to combat this threat. Oh, and both the Author Avatar and Corporate Commander are SNK Bosses. Unbeknownst to many, however, there are plans to capture Oni and to make him into the ultimate weapon!
The title "Pretty Cure" has probably been out of use for a long time. But when the Queen of Light suddenly named two new cures (due to the movement of the forces of darkness), other higher authorities started naming Cures again as well. We just don't get to see most of the other Kings and Queens.
Long, Long Time ago, there was once a peaceful world between the Mecha no Sekai and the Mahou Shoujo no Sekai, all was fine...until the death of Lalah Sune. The forces of Zeon began diving to occult research to revive the first newtype with terrifying success
Lalah, reincarnated, became two halfs, the mentoring Luna and the evil Queen Beryl. Amuro learned of this and became Tuxedo Mask, promising to help Luna in fighting off her evil half. And thus the great Gundam War began. The first Magical Girl Invasion Force consisted of Lowe Guile, Garma Zabi, and the deceased Psycho Mantis. Amuro knew that however darker days were ahead as he lost his memories after being corrupted by Beryl. Having a memory of him fight a Crossbone Vanguard and Preventers before reawakening as the legend, he returned to see that Garrod Ran, and a good deal of Zeon (Kycillia and M'Quive) continuing the war. However, the sailor senshi recruited many allies, Shinji Ikari and Rain Nakamura joined the allies of justice. During the Death Buster War, Quess, Puru and Tifa naively joined the forces of Nememsis and was summarily defeated the Sailor Senshi. Haman Kahn, devastated that so many have died, declared war using the Dark Circus as a front and first used Kai Shinden, Trieze and Athrun. When the first trio fell, she used a clone of Rain, Katejina Loos using two constructs as her means to destroy the magical girl universe. The final war ends with Rei from Blue Comet SPT Layzner possessing Elle from Gundam ZZ and Aina Saharin being the sole members of Gundam leading the final war. In spite of their final defeat at hands of the allies of justice. They corrupted Sailor Venus, who will go on to terrorize the Precure no Sekai. During the course of the first great mahou shoujo war skirmishes (movies), Christina from Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket had heard word that Heero Yuy had been seduced by Cecily Fairchild of Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (under the control of her father, in exchange for Seabook's life) to deliver a deadly biological weapon that was to follow up with the Bugs as well as a jilted lover of Amuro's who was assisted by Kamille Bidan, the other would had played a song to Cure Flower, telling her of grim times ahead
The War intervention Force consisting of Sumeragi, Relena, Lacus and C.C, had heard of the dreaded Gundam Army invading this world to bring never ending war they ordered the Precure to be formed. Granting the ability to stop the conflict, the gift of Precure was given to three girls aided by Domon Kasshu who teaches them how to actually fight. They were able to fend off an attack force consisting of Kira's father, the corrupted Sailor Venus as well as Garrod Ran and the first Great Leader Zengar. In Zengar's dying breath he orders the formation of the true Great Leader: The man who ordered the gassing of 300 bunch, Jamitov Hymen.
Realizing the first wave of gundams failed, he forces Henken to invade the precure no sekai aided by UNE Commander Jaggia Frost. Sophia, a friend of Kira. Heard about the impending invasion, Kira told Sophia to choose two random girls as Precures. Despite the limited resources, they prevent what could have been an age of eternal strife, but the real precure war was about to begin...
In Yes! Precure, Precure fought against Precure, Gundam prepares their invicible legions to invade and to do that, they demanded OZ to contribute their warchest to the effort, forming a corporation based in SE Asia to plan the war.
The Yes! Precure no Sekai war effort was a huge one. Hiring several veterans from the first gundam conflict and bringing Garrod Ran back to destroy the world as well the Man from Jupiter. They also gotten a few female gundam aces on duty. Neena, Kiki and Paula aided in the war. However Saji refused to accept the fate of Gundam and joined Precure with of G-Gen Original Billy Blaze. The war was won but with great cost, Jamitov overthrew Zengar as the leader of Dai-Gundam and ordered an invasion on the Fresh Precure no Sekai...
The Fresh Precure no Sekai had another old Ace back to invade the world, Coroner and Shinn Asuka. Who was told to invade the Precure no Sekai, after the invasions hit a stop gap. They sent in Vancuria to try and finish what they started and Jamitov personally led the charge. The great leader was defeated when Shinn refused to join Gundam and reawakened his Kamen Rider spirit to stop Labyrinth and Vancuria's efforts to make a field base for Infershia. However, the Infershia's invasion is about to begin...with Shinn's father...
Dai-Gundam's main forces, in shock of the betrayal of Shinn and Ryuutaros, took their anger out on the main dimension of Super Sentai, Shadam. The Big Bad of Dairanger, told many of Dai-Gundam's forces to attack Super Sentai, led by Kamille Bidan and aided by many Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam cast members, Kamille earned the priviledge to invade the Goseiger's world as Bureidoran. This is the explanation why no major characters from Gundam is lending their aid to destroy Pretty Cure, except the women. Unfortunately Kamille was able to capture Honoka and convert her to an agent of Warstar by using a Xenomorph (And using her remains to turn her to a Greeed and later converted Love as well. However, Johan, wishing to wishing to redeem himself from his sister, assumes the mantle of Gosei Knight and along with the Goseigers defeats Kamille.
Dai-Gundam w/ its new allies, Infershia and the Org tribe (led by Loki), planned an invasion of the Heartcatch Pretty Cure no Sekai. Luckily, new allies of justice rose in the form of Fate Testarrosa, Gidget with Kid Salsamille. In addition to the Pretty Cure commanders such as Sumeragi, Lacus, Tessa, and Relena, Lindy Harlown also joined the group, adding to the force was Stellar Loussier who Shinn when working secretly for Labyrinth had rescued as Kamen Rider Den-o and giving her the powers of Cure Sunshine before going off to fight off members of gundam. But Dai-Gundam has its newest superstar in the form of another commander: Kati Mannequin. Chosen for her fighting and detective skills and also a brilliant strategist, she also took Nena Trinity's "Dark Lemonade" DNA and used it to transform into the Dark Pretty Cure. As soon as Shinn saved Stellar from the clutches of Gundam, Heero Yuy, corrupted by the Xenian Flower and Negataros was turned to Heat convinced that Sera was kidnapped by the Cures and declared himself leader of the invasion after suffering from Saaya's infection. The betrayal of Athrun Zala was a devastating blow to Dai-Gundam itself, which it also leads to his murder at the hands of Kati. With this heartbreaking news, Lindy Harlaown decided to lead a team of scientists to research and create new weapons, including the RahXephon, to put and end to the war and even then Heat was able to bring forth Ali Al Sarchez to wreck havoc on humanity and had Zaspine attack them in the grand crossover.
In Suite Precure, new heroes arise from the vengence of those who lost loved ones to Dai-Gundam, Meyrin Hawke recovering from the grief of losing Athrun rises as Cure Rhythm while Kallen who was disgusted at how Kamille goes so far as to not only create one kaijin but two from C.C's body became Cure Melody and Mirallia, part of the Gundam SEED pact, becomes Cure Beat and fights to stop Masshymere. Both vow to defeat who will rise up as the dark forces of Dai-Gundam who are led by Masshymere Cello (In reality, Agent Abrella is the true mastermind behind the plot), while at the same time, the Goukaiger now fight off Garterbelt, Winter One, a resurrected Cobraja and a corrupted Aina...
In Kamen Rider Fourze, Kumojacky has succeeded in taking Lacus' DNA and turning her into a Horoscope, a superior form of the Zodiarts which given to a man. While he does that he takes over the body of a female teacher in the faculty to further the purposes of Dai Gundam to confuse the forces of Justice...now only Cure Black remains uncorrupted by the forces of Dai Gundam. But currently in Smile Precure world, the Precure side increased in power as new members joined in: Yoshika Miyafuji, a former Strike Witch, joins the group as Cure Happy; Ika Musune, abandoning her plans to invade earth in favor of peace, turns into Cure Peace; Dark Dream has also become Cure Beauty, as a change of heart allows her to use her powers for good, albeit at a small cost as she no longer has Cure Dream's powers. But the unexpected is that they have found a new superstar who will rise among the legends. It was none other than Metal Alice, a former agent of the Matrinis Empire, who fought the Goseigers. Alice, seeing Kamille's cruel experiments on Honoka and Love and her discovery of the power of friendship, she becomes Cure March and defects to the side of justice and stop the many incarnations of Buredoran from capturing more Cures to become kaijin servants! The war with Gundam reached a truce when Masshymere Cello joins the side of good and the Cures only to see the conflict rekindle as Dozle Zabi rises from the dead.
The war soon erupted again when Yazan Gable and Katejina reforms the order of Dai Gundam with the help of the vengeful spirit of Yuca Meilasch, bringing the war fully back in motion. To fight them, Fram Nara and Raynelle was cloned and reborn as precure to serve their penance against the forces of Gundam. Suzaku Kururugi also joined in the conflict but in the side of Precure and finally, Nena Trinity. Sought to redeem herself for her past sins, she took the mantle of Cure Ace.
Furthermore, the Precure finally have four new recruits. Three known names and one unknown, they form the Happiness Charge Precure. First is Bianca Sazanka, who took the mantle of Cure Lovely. But the biggest and newest superstar to come into the Precure ranks is none other than Asuna Yuuki, who is one of the valiant heroes of the VMMORPG Sword Art Online, along with her lover and husband, Kazuto Kirigaya/Kirito. But she suffered a cruel fate as she was kidnapped by the Deboth Army, who are allies of Dai-Gundam. Along with the other poor girls, Asuna was brainwashed, altered her memories, and turned her into a kaijin servant known as Candelila. Luckily, Kirito finally saved her, along with the help of the Kyoryugers and the Precure. Sought to avenge on what Deboth and Dai-Gundam have done to her, Asuna finally joined the allies of justice as she took the mantle of... Cure Fortune. Their new enemy is led by one of Torin's most ardent followers Yumi Francois as she was unable to find members of Dai-Gundam sought out Mr. Blonde as his notorious reputation for cruelty.
- I declare this theory Made of Win.
- Bah. Just mindless blabber.
- In addition, the crossovers would soon be limited to the previous season and focus more on the bond between the teams. And if Digimon is successfully brought back, maybe there'll be crossover movies between them...
- Technically Sailor Moon was already this, since it was the first to introduce the concept of a team of magical girls who were color coded.
- Nah, Sailor Moon had the color coded team going, but Pretty Cure has the rotating cast and premise per season.
- Appears to be Jossed for now; our next season's heroine looks like the typical fiery tomboy of the first two seasons.
- So that would make Heartcatch the true reboot of the series?
- Probably jossed; Hibiki and Kanade sound more like a longer-haired Nagisa and a blonde Honoka than anything.
- Really? With their description, I'm seeing Tsubomi and Erika... but with the lead as Erika Mk.II instead of Tsubomi.
- Nah, Erika isn't as good in sports and Tsubomi probably isn't interested in baking.
- Really? With their description, I'm seeing Tsubomi and Erika... but with the lead as Erika Mk.II instead of Tsubomi.
- Jossed; Smile appears to have a fairy tale thematic, judging by the recently leaked info.
- Yes! Pretty Cure 5 has Coco, Natts, Syrup, and Bunbee. In Go Go movie, Kokoda and Natsu become Cure Coco and Cure Nuts to explain the Miracle Lights to the audience.
- Fresh Pretty Cure! has Kaoru-chan helping the girls to defeat a Nakewameke in one episode. In earlier episode, the girls even imagined him as a Cure. In the end, Westar and Soular are purified by Chiffon, get new powers and costumes in the process and participate in the final battle. And then there's Donuts Brothers. But alas, they got Michiru and Kaoru treatment in DX movies.
- Heartcatch Pretty Cure has Ban-kun imagines himself as Cure Fire (complete with costume and catchphrase!) just an episode before Sunshine's debut. And then there's Zetsubou Kamen/Coupe, who often helps Blossom and co.
- Suite Pretty Cure ♪ has Kanade imagined Ouji-kun as Cure Muse in episode 14. Trio the Minor's Transformation Sequence in the beginning of episode 26 is a parody of several Cures' transformation. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. Oh and Otokichi was a warrior in his youth. He's also had Muse's piano attack.
Notice the progression. From just helpers, helpers with Cure-like power, Cure costume and catchphrase, and finally transformation sequence. Just add few things that are necessary for Cures and we're now ready for a male Cure.
- Or they could tease us further with this by having Faux Action Major Guy Characters or pulling off a Kamen Rider Double or Choujin Barom 1, with a boy and a girl combining into one precure, with the girl being the dominant body and the combined precure herself being female. And finally, during an anniversary special, Word of God will conform there will never be true male precure, as an ultimate Troll of the internet.
- DokiDoki! PreCure doesn't have a male Cure...but it does have a guy fighting alongside them.
- Cure Sebastian in Episode 25, though that was a short-lived stint.
- Additionally, the first official male cure may fall into a Dating Catwoman situation.
- If we count Cure Sebastian, jossed.
- Jossed. There is another All-Stars movie in the works, Spring Carnival.
- And now that Dream Stars has replaced All Stars as the annual crossover, the likelihood of this happening has gone down even further.
- Or it could be themed after ninja and/or samurai.
- It will be based on Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch
- The main villain is an half-woman half-octopus, similar to Ursula.
- In a way similar to Sailor Moon. Which is no surprising given that Pretty Cure is Sailor Moon's Spiritual Successors.
- Think Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger, but with Magical Girls.
- Four of the main cures will be named Cure Ruby, Cure Sapphire, Cure Emerald and Cure Topaz, like a Mythology Gag from Maho Girls PreCure.
- Cure Emerald is still unlikely, given that Green Cures are rare. A better deal is Cure Amethyst, a Purple Cure.
- But what about the Pink Cure's name?
- Bonus points if a Cure Pearl is introduced. My guess is that she starts as an evil Cure (like Dark Pretty Cure) before pulling a HeelFace Turn, as in the black and white pearl. Extra points if Cure Pearl's color is white, and her evil form is black.
- Not necessary an evil Cure, just a female villain.
- Bonus points if is released in a Milestone Celebration.
- So we have Cure Pink, Cure Blue, Cure Green, Cure Purple, Cure Yellow and Cure Red?
- If not Cure Purple, it will be named Cure Violet.
- So we have Cure Pink, Cure Blue, Cure Green, Cure Purple, Cure Yellow and Cure Red?
- Cures with a different country-motif.
- Think big, Five Cures representing five continents.
- My guess is four plus two: Four cures representing Asia, Europe, Africa and Australia. And two more cures representing North America and South America.
- It will be fantasy themed, a la Glitter Force, but with a Final Fantasy-like motif.
- The Cures are named like RPG-esque jobs, like Cure Knight, Cure Thief, Cure Cleric and Cure Wizard.
- A more likely name for Cure Thief would be Cure Rogue, seeing as how Rogue could also cover Assassins (especially since I doubt "Cure Assassin" would fly in a kid's show)
- Bonus points if the Big Bad is an Evil Sorcerer. Extra points if the Greater-Scope Villain is a dragon.
- With some vibes of Mega Man Battle Network and its anime.
- The Cure's names are Cure Net, Cure Site, Cure Mail and Cure Web.
- The Monsters Of The Week will be named "Viruses".
- The Big Bad's name is Hacker.
- Cracker fits better...
- Themed around battling viruses and diseases, with each Cure being a different doctor.
- The Local Hangout will be a hospital.
- Themed around electric cars and the green movement, the Transformation Trinkets are car keys.
- They will be the first Precure team to get a Cool Bike for each Precure.
- The Precures will be sightly older than in most other seasons, given that the minimum driving age is higher than most Precures' ages.
Decorations and Accessories
- The Precures start off with the most plain dress ever, and then have an add-on that augment their powers.
- The Precures each have a fairy to take care of, like Virtual Pet.
- They can also be enamored with powers of the pets they take care of. Compare this WMG with the another one at Digimon, where a senshi-mon is powered-up by other Digimon, be it his own or other tamers'.
- The Precures will each be themed around different fruit, with fruits that have variants of different colors (i.e., apples, grapes) having their corresponding Cure be multi-colored with said colors (i.e., an Apple-themed cure would be Red and Green, and have a Golden Super Mode)
- Each Cure would represent a different sport (albeit not every sport would be represented) - essentially think Squadron Sportranger as a magical girl show
- The powers are hereditary.
- Darker and Edgier.
- Similarities to Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.
- The logo will be written in Kanji (even the Precure name) and/or calligraphy and/or up to down.
- In accordance with the villain-turned-Precures-always-get-instrument-weapons trend (As seen in ep 37 of Hugtto), the HeelFace Turn Precure might get a shamisen weapon to purify MOTWs.
- As a nod to the first series, this season may have only two Precures or better yet, start in Futari wa.
- First time in a long time either Aya Ikeda and/or Mayu Kudou sing either the OP or ED.
- There may be several similarities to Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Kamen Rider Decade, and Kamen Rider Zi-O:
- The Precures being able to access the powers of the previous Precure seasons.
- The Transformation Trinket will announce what name Cure the Precures transform into.
- Nearly all Precures will reprise their roles, where they will assist this season's Precures in their battle.
- Theme Music Power-Up will be very common in this series.
- The Super Mode will feature the insignia of every previous Precure season at once.
- There will be one episode arcs for the less important Precure seasons, and two episode arcs for the more important ones. If this is the 20th or 21st season, all arcs will be two-episode.
- In some sort of Book-Ends, either the first or second tribute will be to Heartcatch (whereas the other will be the season before this) while the final tribute will be to Happiness Charge.
- The tribute arc of Futari wa Pretty Cure will be one of the first three while the second-last may be Splash Star
- Apparently, the placing of each tribute story arc may depend on the associated season's popularity.
- The Monsters of the Week will be those from the previous seasons.
- If this is the 21st season, the 1000th episode will air as this season's (approximately) 18th episode.
- 2012: Marina Inoue who voiced Metal Alice voices Cure March.
- 2014: Teruaki Ogawa who played NinjaRed voices Megumi Aino's father. Also, Haruka Tomatsu who voiced Candelila voices Cure Fortune.
- 2015: Megumi Han who voiced Cure Princess portrays Midoninger in the V-Cinema, making her the first Precure to portray a Sentai Ranger.
- 2016: Mika Kikuchi who played DekaPink voices the Precures' closest Muggle friend Kana Katsuki. Also Yui Horie who voiced Wagon voices Cure Magical.
- 2017: Haruka Fukuhara who played Lady in the ToQger movie is cast as Cure Custard.
- 2018: Louis Yamada LIII who had a recurring role as Professor Amachi in Goseiger voices one of Gelos' butlers.
As per precedent with Takayuki Godai (Vul Eagle and Akudaikahn), were there to be a Cure voiced by a Sentai Ranger actor, the Cure in question would most likely start off as a villainess undergoing High-HeelFace Turn.
- Super Sentai
- Chinese mythology
- Due to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, that year's Precure season motif will no doubt be anything that enshrines Japanese culture. Ninjas, samurai, you name it.
- There's a leap year pattern where all the female villains are designed in a way that would never accommodate becoming a High-HeelFace Turn Precure (Anacondy, Shibiretta, Majorina, Sparda, and Benigyo). Besides there's gonna be a problem having it thrice in a row. Bonus points if the Dark Magical Girl actually has way less redeeming qualities than any of the villains.
- After voicing minor roles in Heartcatch and Smile, Ryoko Shiraishi will finally voice a Precure, making her role in the Precure-seiyu-voicing-female-Sentai-villains-as-their-first-Toku-VA-role pattern retroactive. She should be eligible because she would be 37 (it is rare for fourty-somethings to voice major Precures). Throw in Ayana Taketatsu and M·A·O (of all people) and we have a complete set!
- Bonus points if one of the Star Princess seiyu get a promotion to major Cure seiyuu status.
- There is a recent pattern (since 2016) involving the OP and ED songs of each even-year season having the ED being a "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune and the OP sung by the previous year's ED singer. The 2020 OP will be sung by Chihaya Yoshitake and ED by the Cures.
- Due to proximity to the 2020 Olympics, this season will outpopularity even Heartcatch worldwide. If 2018 Pyeongchang Red Stapler'd K-Pop, 2020 Tokyo might Red Stapler anime like Precure.
- Another pattern is that if there's a flower-themed pink cure, the series reaches record popularity - just ask Tsubomi Hanasaki, Haruka Haruno, Hana Nono. Except a flower-themed cure. No doubt the pink cure will be a blonde.
- Any Cure season on a Summer Olympics year has a green Cure: Mint (2008), March (2012), Felice (2016). Except a green cure.