open/close all folders
Futari Wa Pretty Cure
- The OP for Futari wa Pretty Cure (Lyrics here) A powerhouse pop-rock number to open each episode. And to ramp it up is the Max Heart version. "We have a Max Heart!" indeed!
- The transformation theme alone is such an absolute joy to listen to.
- Strange Occurrence sounds like someone mixed Metroid Prime with Magical Girl to great effect, and there is no problem with that whatsoever.
- Shining Star.
- From Max Heart, we have Shiny Luminous' theme. It feels so warm and empowering that you can't help experiencing simple bliss every time you hear it.
- Cure Action almost sounds like something out of an 80s tokusatsu show. In fact, its composer Michiaki Watanabe is famous for his work in many tokusatsu and mecha shows before from 70's to 80's.
- Bonds of the 3 girls, so awesome it was used at least once in the other seasons of the series that Naoki Sato composed for (through Yes Precure 5 Gogo).
- My Longing Person.
Futari Wa Pretty Cure Splash Star
Yes Pretty Cure 5
- The opening of Yes! Pretty Cure 5 is pretty freaking awesome. The heavy guitars add some kick.
- For a peppy shoujo version of your average Hot-Blooded shounen theme, check out "Full Throttle", the OP to Yes! Pretty Cure 5 Go Go.
- "Shine Hearts 5" is another very great and catchy song that gets you going.
Fresh Pretty Cure
Heartcatch Pretty Cure
Who knew that heavy metal influences would go so well with a magical girl anime?
- And lo, it was looked upon in episode 25 of Heartcatch Pretty Cure, and in the second ED, they didst make a gospel song! And lo, it was called "Song of Tomorrow", and it was awesome! Hallelujah! Even better is the English version!
- Heart Goes On, which is Heartcatch's version of Shining Star and just as awesome! First played to incredible effect in the fashion show in episode 36.
- As far as image songs go, Cure Moonlight's are among the best, especially this.
- Tsubomi/Cure Blossom's theme starts off smooth, slow, and gentle to match her Shrinking Violet nature then the guitars kick in to make her theme awesome! Just as good (if not better) is the vocal version that shares a melody with her theme, "Tsu.Bo.Mi ~Future Flower~", and the subsequent "Promenade Remix". Doubling the awesome is the fact that her VA, Nana Mizuki sings it.
- Welcome to Kibougahana. Just listening to it brings peace and harmony.
- Pink Forte Wave's theme. Nanoha Takamachi is not the only one that makes pink look and sound like a badass color.
- Change the World to the Desert! sounds NOTHING like you would find in a typical Magical Girl show to the point of Nightmare Fuel.
- The Flower Glistening in the Moonlight sounds an ice level's theme from some obscure Role-Playing Game and it's just as beautiful as well.
- The Dark Challenger is used in very serious battles.
- Warriors of Fate is... exactly as awesome as it sounds like.
Suite Pretty Cure
- Smile Yell and Heartbeat wa Tomaranai.
- On the non-Leitmotif end of things, there's also Pretty Cure no Shimei wo Mune ni, which pulls double duty as Cure Beat's unofficial theme song during her first few appearances.
- Hibiki and Kanade's theme sounds cute at first then the violin comes in halfway through the song to demonstrate how awesome this song is.
- Come on! NegaTone sounds like The Patriarch's theme mixed with Final Fantasy's Ominous Pipe Organ. Again, this is not the kind of song one would expect from a Magical Girl show.
- Pretty Cure's Great Action! is just an awesome Theme Music Power-Up song that anybody can, and should, kick major amounts of ass to.
- Enter! The Mysterious Pretty Cure is among the most Genre-Busting tracks the franchise has.
- Pretty Cure Heartful Beat Rock! is what happens when Sonic the Hedgehog's soundtracks and Pretty Cure love each other very very much.
- Can't Stop the Heartbeat!. Why would we even want to try?
- Cure Muse's theme is certainly fit for a goddess!
- Beat of Fierce Fight. Seriously! All of these Heavy Metal songs truly blur the line between Shoujo and Shōnen soundtracks. This one is no exception, and it really drives the point home.
- Harmony of Friendship. Combination of string instruments and flutes at the beginning, followed by a back up acoustic guitar, and closed by One-Woman Wail that surely send shiver down to everyone's spine highlighting the scene where Hummy sings the song for Siren and finally completing her HeelFace Turn with the transformation as Cure Beat.
Smile Pretty Cure
- Yayoi Kise's character song, 100% Hero shows off what an Ascended Fangirl she is; if it had deeper, male lyrics, you'd swear it was the opening to a Tokusatsu show!
- Precure! Smile Charge! is yet another Transformation Sequence's theme thats just as spectacular.
- Ultra Happy Today!. Listening to this makes any good day an awesome one.
- Summon Akanbe! is just a kick in the nads for anyone that thought this cutesy show wouldn't have any Heavy Metal. Powered Up Akanbe! just pushes this fact even more.
- Shine! Smile Pretty Cure! sounds like Fairy Tale Rock & Roll.
- Sun! SanSan is just the kind of cheery song that lightens the mood whenever and wherever it plays.
- A Straight Heart is bliss incarnate.
- Precure Rainbow Burst! just wow! This awesome looking attack certainly has an appropriate theme to go with it! Precure Royal Rainbow Burst! is just as good!
- Joker's Challenge just raises the "Holy Shit!" Quotient Up to Eleven.
- The Most Important Thing and Quiet Determination. The Hope Spot scenes in episodes 22 and 23 wouldn't hit home without these.
- Glistening Hope. This is how you set the mood to recover from a Heroic BSoD.
- Legend of the Miracle Jewel just breathes heavenly hope.
- Don't Give Up on Dreams made Akane's Race for Your Love scene in episode 36 all the more satisfying and D'awwwwsome to watch.
- Mysterious Royal Queen just highlights the Awesome Moment Of Crowning in such a glorious way that churches should be singing their praises to this song.
- Great Awakening feels like a Determinator that's crying Tears of Joy.
- From The Movie, Enter! Ultra Cure Happy! Just holy freaking crap! This is a Fanfare for the ages, people!
- Your Mirror/Anata no Kagami, Reika's Image Song, which also plays when she regains her resolve to tear Joker's ass a new one, combining the serenity and grace of a Lady of War in a wonderful song and beautifully conveying a heart's nobleness and beauty.
Doki Doki Precure
- The ending theme, Kono Sora no Mukou aka Beyond the Sky (Lyrics here), shows off its classic, endless cheer in the catchiest way possible.
- The second ending, "Love Link", follows the trends, and some would say it one-ups its predecessor in optimism.
- Dear sweet Lord, did Makopi's character album deliver! To save space, here is a YouTube Playlist of the eight songs, with the full cast vocal album tacked on the back.
Happiness Charge Pretty Cure
- The opening, HappinessCharge Precure WOW!, and both its ending themes, PreCure Memory and Party Has Come, full of pep and positive energy.
- Iona's energetic 'Holy Lonely Justice'.
- Yuuko's 'Happy Rice Love Song', so good it reached Ear Worm status in series.
- The Villain Song Imitation World is enthralling and cool.
- Saiaku Appearance, probably one of the creepiest villain themes in the franchise.
- Innocent Harmony earns its place as the song that restores happiness.
- When Courage is Born is such an upbeat song.
Go Princess Pretty Cure
- The transformation theme, Pretty Cure Princess Engage, has been lauded as the best henshin theme since Suite, and its classical elegance is befitting for princess-themed Pretty Cure.
- Black Princess, Princess Twilight's theme, has a dreary-sounding violin that is perfect for a princess of despair. Also plays when she uses the blackened Princess Perfume to transform.
- Exchange! Elegant Mode!, the theme where the Precure change into their princess gowns to fire off their finishers. It is princess-like and, per its namesake, elegant.
- Do Prepare Yourself is simply as badass as it is classical.
Maho Girls Precure
- Miracle Magical Jewelry, the new henshin theme, sounds incredible and suits the complex sequence. It finishes up with a triumphant tune as the two girls finish transforming. And that's just the Diamond version!
- The Ruby version sounds as fiery as the Transformation looks, complete with aggressive Autobots, Rock Out!. Perfect for a strength-based form.
- The Sapphire version sounds calm and serene like the sea and sky. Perfect for the more aerial form.
- The Topaz starts off bouncy and goofy before going into a much more extreme-sounding tune. Perfect for a Lethal Joke Character.
- Felice Fan-Fan Flower-ley, Cure Felice's transformation theme, is beautifully composed. Perfect for a Precure who represents the beauty of life.
- From the final battle in the movie is the group song Sparkling Vows. The sound of the Cures singing together as they battle Dark Matter makes for a truly spectacular climax.
- Also from the movie is Cure Mofurun's theme. It's upbeat and cheerful, and one of the more distinct songs from the series.
Kirakira Precure A La Mode
- CAT MEETS SWEETS, Cure Macaron's zany and fast-paced Image Song, which plays to show that she has total control over the situation.
- The Henshin Theme, "Cure A La Mode! Decoration!". It sounds soft, hopeful, and kicks into high gear as the girls finish transforming, becoming dramatic as the girls say "Ready to serve!" Behold, the additional different variations: Cure Custard, Cure Gelato, Cure Macaron, and Cure Chocolat!
- The Exciting Clash, played when the girls are battling for the sweets they love so dearly.
- A Difficult Battle sounds when the girls are legitimately having to struggle against a powerful foe, up to and including getting the floors mopped with them. It is a dark and hopeless theme.
- Three・2・Wonderful A La Mode! The theme of the first group finisher that defeats the Monster of the Week is a powerful one with bells and trumpets for that triumphant attack.
- All of Cure Gelato's image songs, which are played in-series from Aoi's rock band (and one of them also being a cover of Aoi's idol Misaki's song).
- "Courage is Inside of You", the insert song played during Cure Whip's She's Back moment in episode 17.
Pretty Cure All Stars
- From 2009 to 2011, the All-Stars themes had a variation of the same tune: "Sparkling and Cute! The Great Gathering of Pretty Cure!"
- New Stage has a different tune, Pretty Cure Friends Forever. Not quite as engaging as "Great Gathering of Pretty Cure", but has a more hopeful atmosphere.
Pretty Cure Dream Stars
- The opening theme, Cherry Blossom Mission ~Precure Relation~, is beautifully sung and illustrates the importance of saving Sakura's home from evil.