Proof that the remaining 10% are worth dying for here.
These are recommendations made by tropers for Pretty Cure fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Rekindle the Stars by teawithmugi
- Recommended by: catch_the_sun
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: The world has fallen, and the Precure were defeated. Caught by surprise by a massive attack from all their enemies at once, they had no choice but to run and scatter all over the world. Even so, the Precure will not let the world fall into darkness: though the light of the stars is gone, the Precures' hope still shines on. (AU involving all seasons up to Happiness Charge.)
- Comments: Word of warning before anyone starts reading: Unlike the canon series and even the Pretty Cure All Stars movies, this is not set on Earth. When it says AU, it means a fantasy AU where all sorts of locations, organizations and settings found throughout the Pretty Cure franchise get jumbled up and spread throughout an entirely new setting. Nevertheless, a large part of this recommendation is based purely on the strength of this world-building. Also, warnings for dark themes, depressing atmosphere and implied character deaths.
- Recommended by: The Nerf Guy
- Status: Complete
- Crossover with: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Synopsis: Yayoi Kise is a crybaby, a timid girl who loves superheroes and secretly wants to be a manga artist. One day, she meets a magical creature that offers her a chance to be a superhero for real... but this is not the story that you think it is...
- Comments: Well written, short and to the point, and overall a decent read. It delves into what would might have happened had Kyubey gotten to and contracted Yayoi before she ever became a Pretty Cure. The sheer difference between her life in this fic and the life she had in her canon series is incredible and does an exceedingly good job of just how one little event can change a person's life. The story even has its own tropes page!