- Adaptational Heroism: MAJOR example, the real Dillinger was an unrepentant criminal and a murderer a dozen times over. While the Reds version is still a killer, he's a soldier and a hero for the cause of socialism and workers rights.
- Asshole Victim: His biggest profile kill was the KKK's Grand Wizard.
Together with FallingOutsideTheNormalMoralConstraints, flibbertygibbet is the closest thing to an author avatar in the Reds Timeline, being a regular poster from Britain (more specifically Wales) who considers herself a Communist fellow traveller. Generally more fond of discussing the non-violent aspects of history and brooking few excuses for the more questionable actions of the Allies or Comintern during the Second World War or afterwards, she rarely shies from making her opinion heard. She's quite quick to criticize her home country in particular.
- Chummy Commies: While listed as a "fellow traveller" of Communism there's no denying that sides with the political left.
A young "Pan-Baltic Mongrel" Boy (15 as of the year 2015). A fairly recent addition to the forum poster cast, he's an idealist with dreams of being a webcomic writer and is rather articulate for his age but not the best grasp of what he's talking about some times.
- Chummy Commies: In a board noted for having a great deal more hostility, belligerence, and political divisions than its equivalent in our timeline he's fairly polite as far as the cast goes, and is active in the youth league of his local left-communist party.
- Extraverted Nerd: Rather talkative and very deeply nerdy, not ashamed to be open of his fondness of things like Warhammer or Homestuck as well as a strong interest in history.
- Tank Goodness: Quite fond of military vehicles and their history.
A young (twenty two years old) man from London in the FBU, RuleBritannia is perhaps the clearest sign that politics are much more contentious in this timeline than they are in ours. Rude and abrasive with few friends on the board, RuleBritannia is a vehement opinion of Communism and rather deeply unfond of much of current youth culture. Loudly of the opinion that the UASR is an illegitimate government and an instrument of mass murder and death and even of the opinion that the Axis was the lesser evil between itself and the Comintern; it's needless to say he grates on the nerves of everyone outside the capitalist bloc.
- Dirty Commies: Of this opinion regarding all the board's leftist members and the socialist countries of the world, going as far as to consider people within the Capitalist Bloc who vote Labour or Communist as little more than traitors or deluded fools who can't understand why they'll never win an election in the Alliance of Free States. Whether or not he's wrong about the latter is left ambiguous as the timeline's official end date is the 2015 General elections.
- Eagle Land: Sees the UASR as essentially a type II communist eagle land, an authoritarian and dystopic place that's deluded its populace with lies that all is well when in reality they're all languishing under the yoke, and that the UASR is the greatest threat to the world at the moment with its policy to spread its mode of government when possible.
- Even Evil Has Standards: While certainly not evil so much as rude and belligerent, even RuleBritannia regards CyberDoctor with contempt.
- Foil: Essentially meant to be the unreasonable and often ignorant Tory counterpart to the erudite and well spoken Admiral Sanders; who while still being in the right of FBU politics, at least avoids getting into mudslinging fights over it.
- Hate Sink: Is not fondly regarded by anyone, even people who share his political affiliations like Admiral Sanders. Generally his presence in a thread leads to a lot of shouting and hostility.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A poster with the same username and essentially the same political beliefs appeared on OTL Alternate history.com not long after the character began appearing in Reds, and as Alternate History.com in our timeline has little patience for rude and belligerent members; eventually found himself permanently banned after starting one fight too many. Even years after his banning, the whole episode has been met with amused bewilderment.
- Love to Hate: Despite being boorish, rude, and genuinely not a nice person, he's probably the most well known and talked about poster on the alternate AH.com.
A reservist in the American military and a volunteer firefighter as well as an African American and Muslim, whenever the topic being depicted involves military history she's almost guaranteed to make an appearance. Quick to correct other people when they get something wrong about her preferred topic and deeply knowledgeable about the breadth of military history, she's an ardent communist, generally serious and has only so much patience for the right wing to spare.
- Hypocrite: Generally quick to point out those people guilty of it, such as CyberDoctor who in the same breadth can espouse Ayn Rand inspired ideals of governance and then turn around and praise the fascist government of Italy.
A frequently appearing moderator who is almost certainly not being paid enough to manage the frequent flame wars of the website, Jingles has a career as a video game streamer (or "let's player" as they're more commonly called in our timeline) and is a noted expert on all things relating to military vehicles. Associated with the Labour Party, he meets the thankless task of maintaining some civility on the alternate AH.Com with good humor and a heavy dosage of snark.
- Deadpan Snarker: Easily the snarkiest of the mod characters who rarely spares people he's warning to stay on the right track his impressively caustic wit.
- Expy: All but outright stated to be the Paul Charlton (better known as the Mighty Jingles of World of Tanks fame) of this timeline, using a number of his catchphrases, having a similar style of speech and typing, sharing his interests and career, and being exactly the same age.
- In Spite of a Nail: Despite all the changes in the Reds! timeline, he's essentially the same person that he is in our timeline. He just happens to also be an Alternate History.com moderator.
- Tank Goodness: Among the most knowledgeable posters on the board when it comes to military vehicles.
A friend of Ziburinis Squared and perhaps his best friend outside of his girlfriend, Babe-a Yeah-huh is based on The Red Star Rising's real life best friend and is a highly snarky and very irreverent poster with an exceedingly informal typing style. Energetic and always quick to offer a quip or an opinion, she doesn't take the forum super-seriously most of the time, though being a fifteen year old girl might have something to do with that.
- Deadpan Snarker: Among the snarkiest of the revealed characters, always having some kind of barb for the many posters she butts heads with.
- Jive Turkey: Writes in a decidedly more informal manner than is standard on the board, typing more like she's on an IRC room than she's on a forum and inserting heavy amounts of (American) slang and (though not on screen yet) internet memes.
- Plucky Girl: Nearly always in a good mood.