All spoilers regarding the first four story arcs (volumes 1-20) are unmarked. Examples pertaining to the fifth story arc and Shin High School D×D can be spoiler tagged if necessary.
This page details the supporting characters affiliated with Kuoh Academy's Student Council in High School DXD.
The student body of Kuoh Academy, the Student Council consists of eight to ten of the most powerful students in the academy. The council often helps the school's faculty and the Occult Research Club where necessary, including organizing student-wide activities.
- Can't Catch Up: With the exception of Saji, their overall strength haven't much improved compared to the Occult Club's constantly-improving members. This changes in Volume 14 thanks to Azazel giving them their Mid-Season Upgrade in the form of artificial Sacred Gears. However, they're amongst the few major teams that failed to move past the preliminaries in the Azazel Cup.
- Hero of Another Story: It goes without saying that this team also had their own battles, adventures and origin stories that allowed them to become as powerful as they are today.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: They're rather strong but compared to Team Gremory they're lacking in firepower.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: The remaining members (save Loup and Bennia) were given artificial Sacred Gears by Azazel by the time Volume 14 kicks off.
- Weak, but Skilled: Compared to Rias' group in Rating Games. They did research on them, using a gambit that almost worked but for Issei's newly-discovered power to read someone's thoughts through their breasts. During the Azazel Cup, their lack of firepower is noted as their biggest shortcoming, which ultimately prevents them from passing the preliminaries.
President Sona Sitri
Species: Pure Devil
Voiced by: Natsuki Takamori (Japanese) and Marie Charlson (English)
The Student Council President of Kuoh Academy and heiress to the Sitri Clan. She is Rias's childhood friend and often calculates strategies as King of her Peerage. She shows admiration to Issei Hyoudou and is also Serafall's younger sister.
- A-Cup Angst: While she's well-developed, her bust size is smaller than that of Rias and the other girls in general and it's a Berserk Button for her.
- Ambadassador: As the academy's student council president, she participates in negotiations with the Occult Research Club and other diplomatic missions. But when things often go south, Sona often demonstrates her fighting abilities.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She is the Council's president and the heiress to the Sitri Clan on top of being one of the most powerful fighters in the academy.
- Batman Gambit: She used Team Gremory's power against them and tricks Rias that their final fight was going to be inside a barrier when it turns out that she was going to let them waste their energy to destroy said "barrier". She almost won, too, if it weren't for Issei's new technique.
- Benevolent Boss: She's always friendly in her charges.
- Berserk Button: In the future, do not, under any circumstances, tell her that she isn't a woman by looking at her breasts.
- Best Her to Bed Her: A rare intellectual version, in that she won't take any man that can't beat her in chess. Although after seeing the happiness shared by Rias and Issei, she may lower that expectation.
- Broken Pedestal: To her, this is what she thinks of the people at the top of the Rating Games.
- The Chessmaster: Being a King in her peerage, Sona can calculate which locations her pieces can go.
- The Comically Serious: Especially when her sister is around.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Her main problem is that she uses ridiculous flavors to make cakes, thus they have a tendency to look delicious but taste painfully awful.
- First-Name Basis: She uses her first name when she speaks with Rias and eventually, she does the same to Issei.
- Lethal Chef: Her cakes are known for their destructive power.
- Little Sister Instinct: She is very protective of her big sister, Serafall Leviathan.
- Making a Splash: As a member of the Sitri Clan, Sona's magic abilities specializes in water manipulation, with her control over her techniques surpassing that of Rias, during her fight against Rias where she easily controlled large volume of water. She has also demonstrated the ability to change the form various creatures out of water, such as multiple hawks that flew in the air, serpents that slithered on the ground, valiant lions, wolves that herded together, and several large Dragons.
- Meaningful Name: Sona's name (蒼那) comes from the kanji characters for "blue".
- Not So Stoic: She gets rather flustered having to deal with her immature elder sister. Less comedically, she becomes hysterical when Qlippoth assaults the school she built for Low-Class Devils in Volume 17.
- Oh, Crap!: When Issei finally defeats her in volume 5.
- Passing the Torch: After Sona's graduation, Xenovia replaces her as the council's president.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: Turns out she doesn't really need her glasses, being a devil and all. It is also revealed that they are made from magic that, according to her, is practically useless but groundbreaking in research details.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She is very sound in judgment and is always willing to listen to her peers, including Rias and Issei.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue to Rias's Red; Ishibumi created the character to offset Rias's passionate and Fiery Redhead personality.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Takes her surname after the 12th of the 72 demons of the Ars Goetia.
- The Stoic: Almost everytime, she is a calm and collected student. That's, at least until Serafall appears.
- The Strategist: She has an unparalleled skill in strategy making, which allows her to command her peerage to great effect. Sona has proven that she is an excellent strategist twice, the first during the Rating Game against the Gremory Team which allowed her team to battle on level with the Gremory Team despite the difference in strength. The second was when the Stray Magicians and Magicians from the Khaos Brigade attacked the Sitri and Gremory Team, and she easily formulated multiple strategies to counter them while devising powerful combination techniques.
- Student Council President: She is the leader of Kuoh Academy's Student Council up until Xenovia assumes that position at the end of Volume 19.
- Sue Donym: She uses "Sona Shitori" as an alias while at Kuoh Academy.
- Supporting Leader: During Kokabiel's attack on Kuoh Academy in volume 3 and the Khaos Brigade's assault in the peace conference in volume 4.
Vice-President Tsubaki Shinra
Voiced by: Akiko Kimura (Japanese) and Lauren Allison (English)
A descendant of the Shinra clan, Tsubaki is a first-year university student at Kuoh Academy who is regarded as one of the top champions of the council. Exiled from her clan because of her abnormal powers, Tsubaki befriends Sona Sitri and, after developing her Sacred Gear, and eventually becomes the student council's vice-president. She shows admiration to Yuto Kiba.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She is the Vice-President and can use her powers to curb-stomp opponents in Rating Games.
- Attack Reflector: This is how her Sacred Gear, Mirror Alice, works. Oh, and whatever damage is dealt with the mirror, it will be returned with twice the damage.
- The Exile: She's exiled from her clan because of her Sacred Gear.
- Meganekko: She frequently wears glasses.
- Not So Stoic: As soon as she saw Kiba after talking with Rias and Issei, who's shopping for Ophis' clothes, she blushes like crazy and could only stutter. In BorN, there's another earlier moment, during the battle with Loki - Kiba mentions that he can think of nothing better than having Sona's Queen at his side, something which visibly surprises and flusters her, if only for two seconds.
- Number Two: To Sona in the Student Council.
- Passing the Torch: After the end of volume 19, Saji replaces her as the vice-president.
- Rapunzel Hair: Reaches down to her knees.
- Shout-Out: Her Sacred Gear, Mirror Alice, is one to Alice in Wonderland. Her Balance Breaker, Nostalgia Mad Tea Party, is one to the characters Dormouse, March Hare and the Mad Hatter.
- Statuesque Stunner: She skirts the line at 170cm, which makes her taller than Akeno and barely shorter than Rias and Rossweisse.
- The Stoic: Like Sona, she is a calm and collected vice-president who's always friendly with other students.
President Xenovia Quarta
Secretary/Vice-President Genshiro Saji
Voiced by: Yuichi Iguchi (Japanese) and Kyle Phillips (English)
A senior member of the Student Council, whose drafting by Sona cost her four Pawn pieces due having a dragon inside him. He also wields Absorption Line, a Sacred Gear which happens to be a piece of the Black Dragon Vritra.
- Always Second Best: Feels this way toward Issei, who has a much more powerful Dragon in his Sacred Gear. During their fight in DX 4, Saji admits that deep down, he hates Issei because he feels like hell never be able to measure up to him.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: He achieves his own Balance Breaker and eventually becomes the vice-president of the Council.
- Almighty Janitor: Not to the same extent as Issei, though.
- Badass Boast: In volume 17 [[ after getting his own Balance Breaker:"...Ino, we who are like the hell-fire of Hell. Which one is stronger between our black flames and your purifying purple flames? Lets have a battle to decide it!"
- Big Damn Heroes: He helps deliver the final blow against Loki. Even Issei thought his entrance was cool.
- Butt-Monkey: He gets the crap kicked out of him in the first season of the anime. His only speaking scene has him getting one-upped by Issei, and his other foreground appearance his him receiving a dodgeball to the groin (courtesy of Koneko, no less). The second season, which adapts parts of the novels that give him more screen time, treat him with more dignity.
- Cast from Hit Points: The way Saji powers his magic in the Rating Game.
- Chick Magnet: Not as much as Issei, but he does have girls falling in love with him, though he only has his eyes for Sona.
- Dark Is Not Evil: His power evokes dark flames. That said he's a pretty affable guy.
- Determinator: To the point where even the nigh-invincible Issei can become scared of him.
- Early-Bird Cameo: While Saji doesn't appear until volume 3, he make minor appearances in the first season of the anime.
- Energy Absorption: How his Sacred Gear, Absorption Line, works.
- Groin Attack: Koneko hits him there while playing dodgeball in episode 7.
- It's Personal: He decides to exact revenge on the Khaos Brigade for the death of his friend in volume 12.
- Number Two: Serves as Xenovia's second-in-command after Tsubaki graduates.
- Rank Up: After the end of Volume 19, Saji becomes the vice-president of the council.
- Sixth Ranger: Whenever he joins the fights with the Gremory group.
- Superpowered Evil Side: When Saji uses Vritra Promotion, he turns into a berserker whom only Issei can control. So when it gets used during a Rating Game, and without Issei to tame it...
- Took a Level in Badass: Constantly. And then he gets his very own Balance Breaker.
- Weak, but Skilled: Vritra is described as the weakest of the Five Dragon Kings, but nevertheless has a wide array of techniques Saji uses to become Team Sitri's ace in the hole.
- Genki Girl: She's friendly and slightly hyperactive.
- Idiot Hair: Like many other girls in the series, she has an ahoge, which fits her energetic personality.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Although she really hates its name. It's Azazel's Blazing Shining Aura Darkness Blade, Katana-type.
- Mrs. Robinson: Downplayed to the maximum because of their respective ages, but Tomoe believes that younger boys like Gaspar are good with a serious face.
- Floating Mask: Her artificial sacred gear, Scouting Persona, creates masks that can search for enemies, to gather information or to act as shields.
Sona's other Pawn.
- Hero of Another Story: He and Millarca have been tasked by Ajuka Beelzebub with locating the remaining two of the original thirteen Longinus, Telos Karma and Innovate Clear.
- Made of Iron: On his own, Ouryuu is very durable. When combined with his use of Touki, he's able to tank hits from Issei's Balance Breaker.
- Nice Guy: Is perfectly aware of the main cast's identities as Devil's and Angel's but does not discriminate against them for it.
- Red Baron: He is known as Issei Hyoudou's Fist, due to his Undying Loyalty towards Issei and prowess as a martial artist.
- Sixth Ranger: One of several for Issei's team in the "Azazel Cup", serving as one of his Pawns.
- Undying Loyalty: To Issei, considering him a role model. While he will not become a Devil in Issei's peerage, he will gladly serve as Issei's "Fist" and fight alongside him.
- The Ditz: According to Ouryuu, she has a habit of daydreaming.
- Hero of Another Story: She and Ouryuu have been tasked by Ajuka Beelzebub with locating the remaining two of the original thirteen Longinus, Telos Karma and Innovate Clear.
- In the Hood: As a pure-blood Vampire she is extremely weak to the sun, requiring she wear a hood while at school.
- Mystical White Hair: She has sleek long silver hair.
- Nice Girl: Unlike most pure-blooded vampire, Millarca is very humble, kind, and friendly to everyone she meets, becoming fast friends with Ouryuu and the Occult Research Club.
- Weakened by the Light: As a pure-blood vampire, she is extremely weak to the sun, necessitating she cover herself with a hood, muffler, gloves, a jersey around her skirt, and thick glasses over her eyes.
A member of the Student Counci, Tsubasa serves as Sona's imposing Rook.
- Bifauxnen: She has the basic appearance of a tomboy and has a bishounen face.
- Dirt Forcefield: She's attracted to men who avert this. One of the reasons she ends up being attracted to Issei, though she knows not to let it escalate for obvious reasons, is because he always ends up muddy after a fight.
- Huge Schoolgirl: The tallest member of the council.
- Killer Yoyo: Uses Twinkle Aegis as a yo-yo to attack.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Her artificial sacred gear, Twinkle Aegis, is a giant shield of light.
- Playing with Fire: Can surround Twinkle Aegis with fire when attacking like a yo-yo and create a large barrier of light surrounded by flames.
- Shock and Awe: Can surround Twinkle Aegis with lightning when attacking like a yo-yo.
- Supernatural Sensitivity: Since she was young and before becoming a devil she was able to see or touch supernatural beings or phenomena.
- Tomboy: Seen as this and prefers more physical activities.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Blue of a similar shade to Xenovia.
!! Momo Hanakai "The Bishop"
Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu (Japanese) and Ashleigh Domangue (English)
Species: Werewolf / Reincarnated Devil
Sona's second Rook and a student at the college division of Kuoh Academy.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: With Bennia.
- In-Series Nickname: Rugal
- Kung-Fu Wizard: Uses magic to enhanced his already powerful body.
- Lightning Bruiser: Well he is a werewolf.
- Meaningful Name: His name is the French word for "werewolf".
- Playing with Fire: Capable of punching things on fire.
- The Stoic: He is man of few words and doesn't show much emotion.