open/close all folders
A childhood friend of the captain and one year his senior, Ava Crescentia served as an older sister figure to Kayto for much of his early life. Reunited after eight years of separation as her superior officer, Kayto’s new relationship with Ava can only be called awkward. Ava’s uncompromising professionalism is matched only by her cold willingness to do whatever is necessary to win the war.
Tropes associated with Ava Crescentia:
A self declared hero of justice, Asaga wanders the galaxy doing oddjobs for the cause of freedom, justice, and a little money on the side. Despite her apparent lack of maturity, she is an ace pilot and can fly as easily as she walks. She possesses an eternally optimistic disposition and has a strong “can do” attitude.
Tropes associated with Asaga Oakrun:
- Badass Princess: Being the princess (and later, Queen) of a Vestigial Empire does not stop her from running away and becomes a freelancer for justice and all.
- Genki Girl
- Let's Get Dangerous : Tends to come across as an Idiot Hero off duty, but during actual combat remains remarkably professional bar her silly catchphrases.
- Mildly Military : Which gets her in constant trouble with Ava. Who you support is up to you.
- The Hero: What she thinks she is.
- An argument can be made for her being this, if not for the player character being The Captain. She's the one who tends to do flashy, heroic things in battle, and she serves as flight leader for your squadron.
- Rebellious Princess: Runs away to avoid Arranged Marriage with the Big Bad.
Shy and bookish, Chigara prefers tinkering with gadgets over most forms of human interaction. She has a bashful but cute personality and prefers to avoid the spotlight if at all possible. However, Chigara’s savant level intelligence and her innate talent with technology places her at the center of attention. Notwithstanding her talents, Chigara’s dream in life is to open a bakery shop and assume a life of normalcy… far away from any galactic heroics.
Tropes associated with Chigara Ashada:
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Gadgeteer Genius
- True Neutral : While the others will approve or disapprove of your moral stance, Chigara is always reluctant to state a firm opinion and will generally happily go along with whatever you decide.
- Verbal Tic : Her constant nervous laughter when making small talk highlights her lack of social skills.
- White Mage: Her combat skills focus mainly on repair abilities and ally Status Buffs.
A feared space pirate, Cosette’s name is reviled through most of civilized space. She entered the life of crime starting at birth and now assumes control of much of the galaxy’s marauding pirate gangs. Despite her infamy, she is a folk hero among the poor for her brazen attacks on the richest nations in the galaxy. However, her brutal methods of retaining power and her merciless attacks on civilian vessels make her an unquestionable villain to most of civilized society.
Tropes associated with Cosette Cosmos:
A tough mercenary from the rough quarters of the galaxy, Icari has a no-nonsense attitude about life. Icari was thrust into the harsh world of piracy when her parents were murdered by a PACT captain in her childhood. She developed a proficiency for close quarters combat and became one of the most formidable assassins in the galaxy. Her services are now sought by crime lords and world leaders alike. Icari handles the dirty business of the galaxy’s nations with a hardened heart. Deep down, she regrets the life she now leads and lives only for one purpose: to find her parents’ murderers and avenge their deaths.
Tropes associated with Icari Isidolde:
The acting medical officer on board the Sunrider. Her medical credentials seem questionable, but seeing how the Sunrider had to leave port without a doctor, she’s the best the Sunrider has. Has a few screws loose in her head, and prone to forgetting things. It seems like the only reason she’s on board is to get into the captain's pants, err... medical examinations. She’s an ostensible ryder pilot, but has issues with motion sickness and reaction times. Generally unreliable, but has insanely good luck.
Tropes associated with Claude Triello:
- Buxom Is Better: While it's not particularly obvious from her sprites, other characters occasionally comment on her having a large bust.
- Hospital Hottie: Subverted; she's an unlicensed quack. (She later gets her license reinstated, but Kayto actually asks who she had to bribe to do it.)
- Mildly Military: She has even less discipline than Asaga.
- Not in This for Your Revolution : She's in it to get into the captain's pants! She'll actually pretend to fall asleep if you try and talk to her about the fate of the galaxy.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Wingding Eyes
A young lieutenant in the Solar Alliance Fleet, Kriska is the Alliance’s liaison officer on board the Sunrider. As an Alliance citizen, Kriska’s presence is generally unwelcome on board the Sunrider. Groomed to be an Alliance officer from childhood, Kriska is fiercely proud of the Alliance and believes it to be the greatest nation on galaxy. Kriska is highly idealistic about the Alliance and is eager to share the Alliance’s democratic ideals and technical know-how with the “lesser” nations of the galaxy. The rest of the crew eye her with suspicion, but the Captain is generally appreciative of Kriska, and the Alliance’s, support.
Tropes associated with Kriska Stares:
- Mighty Glacier: The Paladin has the highest base health of the player ryders, and its kinetics match those of the Sunrider, but it's also the slowest player unit in the game, requiring 40 energy just to move a single tile.
Sola vi Ryuvia
Silent, yet deadly. When the going gets tough and the Sunrider gets trapped in moments of peril, the team can always count on the soft spoken Sola to turn the tide of battle with a few well placed sniper shots - probably from behind an asteroid over 100 000 kilometers away from the action. Her accomplishments include once sniping the wings off a Ryuvian sparrow from Ryuvia’s second moon. A girl of few words, Sola keeps her distance from everyone but the captain. In battle, her aim is unparalleled by anyone on the team.
Tropes associated with Sola vi Ryuvia:
- Badass Princess
- Cold Sniper
- Dark and Troubled Past: She was born when a Ryuvian prince had an affair with a farm girl, then dumped her. Later, the royal family came back and took Sola away when they needed a princess to fight their civil war for them.
- 100% Heroism Rating / Good Feels Good : She states that she can't feel too bitter about being used as a disposable pawn by the Ryuvian Royal Family, as protecting the people of the Empire and hearing their cheers made her the happiest she's ever been.
- Living Relic : The Empire she almost died to protect has crumbled, and nobody even remembers the war she fought in or whether it was remotely important in the long run.
- Rei Ayanami Expy : Bonus points for being described as "The Ayanami" by the developers.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran : She's very disdainful if you try and give her a heroic speech about how evil your enemies are, as she's heard it all before.
- The Stoic
- The Unintelligible: Her Sunrider Academy counterpart literally never speaks, so that we only hear the protagonist reacting to her grunts and silences as though she had.
The commander of the Alliance Fleets, Admiral Grey is your main contact within the Alliance and a sworn enemy of PACT.
Veniczar B. Fontana
A high ranking admiral within the PACT forces, he is considered to be Arcadius’ right hand man.
- The Chessmaster
- Noble Top Enforcer : He believes quite strongly in PACT's communist creed, and privately expresses concern at the more fascist route it has taken and Arcadius' increasing megalomania.
- Not So Different : He is explicitly compared to Admiral Grey, and isn't too dissimilar from Kayto either.
- Pet the Dog : He's introduced saving Asaga from the unwanted advances of the loathsome Veniczar Cullen (and insulting him for good measure), indicating right away his noble qualities.
- Wake-Up Call Boss : He's this in story, proving to be a lot more cunning and effective than Veniczar Cullen was.