Theres a lot of friendly people that I like to meet
They shake my hand and never ask my name
And they start asking questions that are always the same
Hey, whats Michael J. Fox like? Hes nice
Whats Christopher Lloyd like? Kinda quiet
Whats Crispin Glover like? ... Unusual
Stop askin me the question
Thomas Francis Wilson Jr. (born April 15, 1959 in Philadelphia) is an American actor, voice actor, writer, musician and painter.
- Back to the Future Trilogy:
- Batman: The Animated Series (1993) - Tony Zucco, "Robin's Reckoning" (voice)
- Gargoyles (1994) - Matt Bluestone (voice)
- Wing Commander (1994-97) - Major Todd "Maniac" Marshall (live-action footage, in III, IV and Prophecy; voice in Wing Commander Academy)
- Freaks and Geeks (1999) - Coach Ben Fredricks
- Spongebob Squarepants (1999-) - Flats the Flounder, the Tattletale Strangler, Marty (Patrick's fake dad), others (voice), Himself
- Max Steel (2000-02) - Pete Costas (voice)
- Atlantis: Milo's Return (2003) - Ashton Carnaby (voice)
- Zoom: Academy for Superheroes (2006)
- The Informant (2009)
- Epic (2013) - Finn (voice)
- Pig Goat Banana Cricket (2015-18) - Banana (voice)
- Trollhunters (2016-18) - Coach Lawrence (voice)
- Legends of Tomorrow (2018-19) - Henry "Hank" Heywood, Jr.
Tropes applying to Tom:
- I Am Not Spock: He is so associated with the role of Biff Tannen (and Griff and Buford) that fans of the Back to the Future franchise never stop asking him about it. He even wrote a song (quoted above) expressing his bemused frustration. Wilson has nevertheless said in interviews that he loves the role(s) and the movies, just stop asking him the same questions!note
- Playing Against Type: His minor role in Epic is Finn, a good guy; he seems to have a sweet, if not a little sassy, personality, from what is seen in his few scenes.
- Typecasting: Tends to be a jerkass, a bully, or a gym coach.
- Averted with the above trope Playing Against Type.