Robert Dean Stockwell (born March 5, 1936 in Los Angeles, California) is an American actor.
He started out as a child star, playing Colin Craven in the 1949 film adaptation of The Secret Garden and the title characters of The Boy with Green Hair and the 1950 film adaptation of Kim. As an adult, he's probably best known on TV as Admiral Al Calavicci on Quantum Leap and Brother John Cavil in Battlestar Galactica (2003), and in film for David Lynch's Blue Velvet where he memorably lip-synched to Roy Orbison's "In Dreams".
His older brother Guy Stockwell (1933-2002) was also an actor.
- Alsino and the Condor (1979): Condor
- Anchors Aweigh (1945): Donald
- Battlestar Galactica (2003): Brother John Cavil
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker: the adult Tim Drake
- Beverly Hills Cop II: Chip Cain
- The Boy with Green Hair: Peter Fry (the titular character)
- Blue Velvet (1986): Ben
- Buffalo Soldiers: General Lancaster
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers: Duke Nukem (the original voice actor; he was replaced by Maurice LaMarche).
- Columbo, episodes "The Most Dangerous Game" (1972) and "Troubled Waters" (1974)
- Dune (1984): Dr. Wellington Yueh
- Gentleman's Agreement (1947): Tommy
- Kim (1950 film adaptation): Kim O'Hara
- Married to the Mob: Anthony "Tony the Tiger" Russo
- Paris, Texas (1984): Walt Henderson
- The Player (1992): Andy
- Quantum Leap: Admiral Al Calavicci.
- The Secret Garden (1949 film adaptation): Colin Craven
- Son of the Morning Star (1991)
- Sons and Lovers (1960 film adaptation): Paul Morel
- Song of the Thin Man (1947): Nick Charles Jr.
- Stars In My Crown (1950): John
- The Twilight Zone, episode "A Quality of Mercy" (1961), as Lt. Katell/Lt. Yamuri
- The Werewolf of Washington (1973): Jack Whittier.