Heroes: Chris Redfield | Jill Valentine | Leon S. Kennedy | Ethan Winters | Ada Wong
Antagonists: Albert Wesker | Nemesis-T02 | Jack Baker | Lucas Baker | Alcina Dimitrescu
Groups: Umbrella Corporation (Paramilitary) | Monsters (Mainstays, Irregulars, Mold)
Mainline games: Resident Evil 0 | Resident Evil | Resident Evil 2 | Resident Evil 3: Nemesis | Code: Veronica | Resident Evil 4 | Resident Evil 5 | Resident Evil 6 | Resident Evil 7: Biohazard | Village
Spin-offs: Gun Survivor/Dead Aim | Outbreak | The Umbrella Chronicles | The Darkside Chronicles | Revelations | Revelations 2 | Operation Raccoon City
Other media: Degeneration | Damnation | Vendetta | Infinite Darkness | The Marhawa Desire | Heavenly Island
open/close all folders
Takeru "AD" Tominaga
- Action Survivor: Is very capable in a fight against the BOWs. And survives the incident, along with Yuki Mayu.
- Blind Without 'Em: As the end of the manga shows, his eyesight is awful without his glasses.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Gets romantically involved with Mayu.
- From Zero to Hero: Started off as a member of a film crew getting screamed at by the director at the beginning, to taking on the Shraub Daemon and then Zi Li. Taking on the leader and protector role after Brown is infected and killed.
- Heroic BSoD: Has one when Inez is impaled by the hunter, angrily blowing the hunter's head off with his shotgun.
- It's All My Fault: Blames himself for Inez's death. Yuki tries to assure him it wasn't, if not for Dirk Miller's rude interruption.
- Marshmallow Hell: When running from zombie Coco, he ends up accidentally running headfirst into Laura's breasts, she is not happy about that.
- Nice Guy: He's a lot nicer than some of the others, which makes one pity him since he's always getting picked on or yelled at by the other film crews.
- Sole Survivor: Not the only survivor of the incident, but the only member of the film crew to survive.
- Action Survivor: Survives the incident on the island.
- Deer in the Headlights: When she goes to check if Claire is alright after Zili dishes a beatdown on her, Zili shoves the barrel of her gun between Yuki's breasts right in the center where her heart is. All Yuki can do is stand there, completely frozen in terror.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Gets romantically involved with Tominaga.
- I Owe You My Life: When Tominaga saves Yuuki's life, she says that she is his, even saying he could touch her breasts when he wanted. Although he promises to protect her no matter what.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: States that Takeru looks cuter without them in the ending...after both of them survives the explosion the glasses were lost in.
- Ms. Fanservice: The whole time, she wears nothing but a bikini top and miniskirt.
- Nice Girl: Is nicer than most of the other models.
- Sole Survivor: While not the ONLY survivor, she is the only Gravure idol to survive the incident.
- Took a Level in Badass: Dives into the fight between Takeru the body-less and mutated Julie by chopping off her remaining tentacles and thus negating Takeru's Heroic Sacrifice.
Another TerraSave member and Claire's friend and partner during the Idol Survival incident.
- Action Girl: Like her co-worker Claire Redfield, she is perfectly capable of handling herself.
- Amazonian Beauty: She's a good-looking and muscular woman who wears a top that reveals her cleavage and toned midriff.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her outfit bares a lot more midriff than Claire's, and a muscular one at that.
- Back for the Finale: If you count the final shot of her dead body in the epilogue.
- Beauty, Brains, and Brawn: Inez is very pretty, also very intelligent and strong. The earrings and necklace she wears helps out with the beauty part. (Though she'd still be pretty with or without it).
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted, when she is impaled by the hunter there is blood everywhere.
- Berserk Button: Comes close to punching Mike Seaman after he slapped Marilou to the ground. (She caught Marilou before she fell however, but still... Mike slapping her was uncalled for.)
- Boyish Short Hair: Sports a pixie cut.
- Blood from the Mouth: When she is impaled by the hunter, she spits out a large amount of blood.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: She dies in Claire's arms.
- Fan Disservice: When she is impaled by the hunter, the wounds are severe and there is blood all over her body.
- Killed Off for Real: Impaled by a Hunter in chapter 31, dying from massive blood loss and possibly ruptured lungs and heart as she was impaled through her chest and stomach.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: How she is killed, a hunter impales her through the body with it's claws, one claw through the left side of her chest, possibly puncturing one of her lungs.
- Last Request: Before dying from her injuries, she requests to everyone else to get out alive. Unfortunately only 4 people are able to honor that request. (Claire, Yuuki, Marilou, and Tominaga.)
- Latino Is Brown: Averted, her name is of Portugese/Spanish, but she is caucasian.
- Major Injury Underreaction: She is injured in the arm by the Shraub Daemon, and then later (Just before she died.) in the side by a hunter, both times she dismisses it as "Not a serious injury."
- Ms. Fanservice: Baring her midriff the way she does, especially since she's got muscles. She might work out a bit. Though, given the weather in the tropics,It's no surprise she and Claire are dressed the way they are.
- Nice Girl: She is very kind.
- Remember the New Guy?: Heavenly Island is her first appearance, but she and Claire seem to have known each other a while before this.
- Action Survivor: Once the zombies invaded the camp, she knew very well to hide and later fight, the second part in which she proves to be very well at. Unfortunately, she almost makes it to the end before realizing she's been infected by Brown, and flees from the group in horror and presumably desire to not put them in danger.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: When Takeru accidentally runs into her breasts when running from zombie Coco, she slaps him hard enough for it to hurt him. Telling him he will get worse if he does it again, since she thought he did it deliberately and was sexually harassing her.
- Damsel out of Distress: Saves herself, and Brown, when they are surrounded by zombies.
- Kiss of Life: Saves Brown from drowning by doing this. Unfortunately, this leads to...
- Kiss of Death: He was unknowingly infected and infected her in the process.
- Navel Window: She has a one piece swimsuit that is open to reveal quite a bit of her stomach.
- Sole Survivor: An undead example - she's the only model who's been infected yet not be killed, and she reappears in the final shot of the manga.
- Villainous Rescue: Of a sort. When Takeru is being tortured by Zǐlì, she sneaks up behind her as a zombie and bites her, causing them both to fall. Zǐlì is only severely wounded however, and uses the virus to mutate herself.
- Ass Hole Victim: Hard to feel sorry for him when Zǐlì ties him up with her wiring, and then kills him.
- Disc-One Final Boss: He's killed by Zǐlì shortly after his reveal.
- The Dragon: Formerly this to Alex Wesker.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: When Zǐlì has what she needs from him, she wastes almost no time in finishing him off, and she enjoys it too.
- And Then John Was a Zombie: It is unknown how exactly he became infected.
- Dying as Yourself: Barely, he's close to turning but manages to convince Takeru to kill him. However, he pulls the trigger himself because Takeru can't bring himself to do it.
- Expy: Of Marvin Branagh from Resident Evil 2, right down to getting infected.
- Retired Badass: Was in the BSAA around the events of Kijuju. He left after his friends were killed.
- Ax-Crazy: Even before she mutates, after The Reveal, she is shown to be extremely unstable, and sadistic. Taking pleasure in killing and torturing. After her mutation she gets even worse, killing her own teammates in the Shéng-Yā squad.
- Big Bad: Although this isn't known until later.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She is easy on the eyes and can be a Nice Girl when she has to be, but beneath that façade is a deadly, sadistic operative on par with Ada Wong herself.
- Dark Action Girl: And how. In Chapter 40, she dishes out a hell of a beating on Claire after effortlessly taking out Takeru, and later tortures Takeru by beating him with a pipe while having him suspended over a bottomless pit.
- Determinator: Gets bitten and pushed off a ledge by Laura to a great descent, survived that, mutated herself with the virus into a giant monster with bladed tentacles, and was still kicking even after Claire blasted her with a rocket launcher. It took Takeru and Mayu to pin her down with a machete to the forehead before shoving a grenade in her mouth to finally obliterate her.
- Eye Scream: Early in the manga, when she and Mike enter the camp, she eliminates 2 of the guards by thrusting 2 fingers in their eye sockets. (One after she thrusts her hand down his throat.)
- Final Boss: The final adversary the survivors face.
- Hero Killer: She doesn't kill Claire (though she very well had it in mind) but does inflict enough pain to put her nearly out of commission, thus having Takeru officially taking her spot as The Hero.
- Inconsistent Dub: The English translation of the comic has her named "Julie".
- Karmic Death: Subverted: She's seemingly taken out by the zombified Lauren via neck chomp and falls off a ledge, but she survives albeit severely injured and uses the virus to mutate.
- Lightning Bruiser: Agile enough to rush Claire before she could even fire her gun and strong enough to toss her across the room.
- The Mole: She is revealed to be secretly working for Shéng-Yā Pharmaceutical.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: What she mutates into.
- Ms. Fanservice: Obviously, since she's posing as a model. Wearing a bikini with sarong wrapped around her waist.
- Neck Snap: Kills one of the guards of the camp this way, and Dirk Miller later on.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: Instead of immediately killing Claire, Takeru and the others once she recovers the Kodoku virus, Zǐlì decides to indulge in some Cold-Blooded Torture while hanging them just above a pit. This delays the heroes' deaths long enough for the zombified Laura to bite Zǐlì from behind, causing them both to fall. She then uses the only sample of the Kodoku virus for an Emergency Transformation. As a result, Shéng-Yā Pharmaceutical fails to acquire the virus and their involvement is exposed after the mutated Zǐlì slaughters the company mercenaries sent to retrieve the virus.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: As a secret agent of a pharmaceutical company, "Zǐlì" is likely using a false identity.
- Sadist: When she shows her true colors to the others, she is shown to be one, very much so... she enjoys beating up on Claire, killing Dirk Miller, and torturing Takeru.
- Shadow Archetype: To Ada Wong. Both are highly skilled operatives working for employers of dubious intent. While Ada never lets her feelings get in the way of her objectives, Zǐlì is highly sadistic to the point that her need to inflict pain and death ultimately gets her killed.
- The Sociopath: Manipulative to hell and back considering she played the part of the unassuming Nice Girl with no one the wiser until she dropped the act, sadistic to the point of being outright Ax-Crazy, as her torture and murder of Dirk Miller shows very graphically, and not a single bit remorseful for her victims. In fact, shes such a psychopathic monster that mutating into a tentacled, fanged beast didnt really change her much mentally, only amping up her bloodlust to the point where shes killing indiscriminately, only taking prisoners to torture and kill later on.
- Your Head Asplode: How she finally dies as a giant, body-less head after Takeru shoves a grenade in her mouth.
- Arranged Marriage: Her now dead parents engaged her to a man named Lopez, who seemed to be a very unpleasant person. Which is why her older brother Eliseo protected her from him.
- Action Survivor: Was willing to fire at the mutated Julie, but is (very understandably) paralyzed by fear before being snatched up and nearly killed.
- Bare Your Midriff: Averted, in fact, she seems to be the only female character in this series who isn't wearing a midriff-baring outfit.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After losing her home and her family, she gets to start fresh after her ordeal and becomes a member of TerraSave.
- Token Wholesome
Mike D. Seaman
- Body Horror: When he was turned into the Shraub Daemon.
- Jerkass: There were implications that Lopez was a terrible person, which is why Mariolu's older brother Eliseo protected her from him.
- Spin Attack: With his blades as the Shraub Daemon, which he uses to dice up Mike Seaman and several BSAA soldiers.
- Worthy Opponent: To Morio, who ends up killing him.
- Big Brother Instinct: Before becoming Morio, he protected his sister Marilou from Lopez, who she was going to marry, although, it wasn't really her choice to do so anyway. and again as Morio when the mutated Zi Li tried to kill his sister.
- The Determinator: When he has his sights set on prey he will not stop until they are dead.
- Dying as Yourself: When the mutated Zi Li tried to kill Marilou, he steps in and fights her in order to protect his sister one last time.
- Impaledwith Extreme Prejudice: How he kills people, with his large spear.
- It Can Think: He seems to retain some memories of his past life, which is why he took some zombies in a cave to replicate his old village, and why he fought the mutated Zi Li to save his sister.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Swears in his inner thoughts to find and kill Takeru and Yuki after they destroy his makeshift village.
- Stuff Blowing Up: He is finally killed during the fight with Zi Li when Claire fires a rocket launcher at both of them. unlike Zi Li.
- The Reveal: Zi Li knocks off his mask during their fight, confirming that he is indeed Marilou's lost brother Eliseo.
- Tragic Monster