Protagonists: Chris Redfield | Leon S. Kennedy
Series canon: Resident Evil | Resident Evil 2 | Resident Evil 3: Nemesis | Code Veronica | Resident Evil 0 | Resident Evil 4 | Degeneration | Resident Evil 5 | Revelations | Damnation | Resident Evil 6 | Revelations 2 | Resident Evil 7 Biohazard | Vendetta
Spin-offs: Gun Survivor/DeadAim | Outbreak | The Umbrella Chronicles | The Darkside Chronicles | Operation Raccoon City
Other media: The Marhawa Desire | Heavenly Island
Tropes relating to the characters introduced in Damnation. For Leon S. Kennedy check his character page here. For Ada Wong check the Resident Evil 2 page. For Ingrid Hunnigan check the Resident Evil 4 page.
Voiced by: Wendee LeeThe president of the Eastern Slav Republic.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She demonstrates this by easily defeating Ada Wong, whom is often portrayed as one of the strongest and most calculating characters in Resident Evil.
- Badass Boast:
- She delivers one to Ada when the latter realizes that the rumors of her being a former instructor are true.Ada: So... it's true what they said about you being a former instructor.
Svetlana: Former? I still am an instructor.
- She also hands out a boast to Leon when he is holding her hostage during the standoff under the palace.
- She delivers one to Ada when the latter realizes that the rumors of her being a former instructor are true.
- Dark Action Girl: She has a military background, and the skills to take on Ada in a fight.
- Faux Affably Evil: As expected for a political figure, she can conduct herself with charm and good manners when necessary. She's actually a stone-cold, ruthless dictator that will crush anyone she considers useless.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a painful-looking burn scar on her back.
- Karma Houdini: Zig-Zagged: She gets away with her life, but she's deposed as President and her plans for entering the international stage are irrevocably ruined.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: She's totally not Yulia Tymoshenko. Really.
- President Evil: A classic example of the Soviet type.
- Punch Catch: Pulls one off with Ada during their fight.
- Retired Badass: Formerly a combat instructor. Not so retired after all.
- Tranquil Fury: While telling Leon exactly who and what she is. She's clearly angry, but maintains her cool while doing so.
Voiced by: Dave WittenbergA resistance fighter aiming to take down the Eastern Slav Republic's government by any means necessary.
- Anti-Villain / Anti-Hero: Depending on your point of view, he is either a Type III Anti-Villain or Type IV Anti-Hero.
- Expy: He's an uncanny resemblance to Ark Thompson, the hero from Resident Evil Survivor.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Downplayed. Word of God says that he and Leon do not become friends exactly, but they do start to understand each other's point of view.
- Life-or-Limb Decision: He lets Leon shoot him to kill the parasite taking over his body, leaving him paralyzed.
- Minion Master: Purposely infests himself with a Plaga Queen to gain control of the Lickers for his assault on the Presidential Palace.
- Start of Darkness: His rage at the government stems from when they blew up the school where he was a teacher along with his fiance Irina, killing her and his students, and claimed the school had been a front for the rebels. He joined the revolution soon after.
Voiced by: Val TassoA resistance fighter and friend of Buddy's.
- Big Fun: 99% of his dialogue is comedy gold; and has a bit of a paunch from all the junk food he eats.
- Eagleland: JD is openly fascinated with America, with an idealized view of the country born from its pop culture and junk food.
- Not in This for Your Revolution: He's in it for his friend, Buddy.
- Plucky Comic Relief: He's an upbeat and funny guy, in comparison to the grim dealings going on around him.
- Resist the Beast: He resists plaga infestation long enough to tell Buddy that he only joined the revolution because he wanted to "have fun with you and my friends."
- Tragic Monster: Infected with a Plagas, and barely able to maintain control long enough to talk to Buddy one last time.
- Your Head A-Splode: And get replaced with a Plaga monster