BRB, feeding the car.
Nekomata is a troper from Finland
, making some minor edits here and there.
Currently 19 years old (still looking like 10-year-old.
), she studies in her village's local upper secondary school, fighting with
her grades and depression. Wants to be an author and/or a librarian when she grows up. A great fan of The Moomins
and Eoin Colfer
If you want to find her from the Intarwebz, try dA
, Youtube Tumblr
. Can also be found randomly lurking in the Troper IRC Channel
by the name "Nekomata" or "Failcat".
You may call her
"Nekomata" or "Failcat". Whichever suits you better.
Tropes that she is guilty of
- All Love Is Unrequited / Ship Sinking / Love Hurts / Silly Rabbit, Romance Is for Kids!: Let's just say whenever she has a crush on anyone and leave it at that. Not that she's bitter about it or anything.
- Alone in a Crowd
- Apologizes a Lot: When online.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder
- Asexuality: Asexual, but not aromantic. She wants a significant other, but the idea of actual sex squicks the hell out of her.
- Author Appeal: Many of her characters follow this line.
- Bad Ass Longcoat: Burgundy (fake) leather trenchcoat.
- Berserk Button: Spell her name wrong or forget her name. Although she is too polite to rage outwards.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Even Nekomata herself is scared of the day she finally snaps.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Once when she was just getting on the bus after a day in school, a religious person pops out right fuck out of nowhere and starts babbling something about love of God or something. Nekomata got so confused that she actually stopped for a moment, because really, when people talk, they should be listened, right? When Nekomata got in the bus, she sat down, did a Double Take and had a nice
cup bucket of Flat "What.".
- Black Bug Room: She has spent quite a time there, unfortunately...
- Black Sheep: Her elder sister is a metalhead. Her younger brother is a metalhead. Nekomata is not a metalhead.
- Book Worm
- Brilliant but Lazy: She is often told that she could get good grades if she really tried. But she doesn't seem to think so...
- Can't Believe I Said That: "If my laptop was attracted to toasters, there's nothing I can do about it. :( (I can't believe that I just typed that.)"
- Captain Obvious
- Cargo Ship: Her friends ship her with her laptop.
- Cat Girl
- Cats Are Mean
- Chaotic Good: Altough she likes to think herself as Chaotic Neutral
- Character Development in the bad direction. She used to be happy and cheerful Genki Girl, but she has noticed that she is turning into a (depressed) Kuudere. Although it almost makes sense, because her dad is somewhat Kuudere too...
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: To the extent that she has a whole Expanded Universe in her head!
- Cluster F-Bomb: Hoooo boy.
- Cool Big Sis: As she fails to be one, she at least has one
- Corrupt the Cutie
- Covert Pervert
- Crazy Cat Lady
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Someone linked her Sniper!Finland picture on Hetalia's WMG page
- Crowning Moment of Funny: She was once a bit late for the Swedish class, but she manages to slip in without the teacher noticing. Following dialogue was spoken:
Teacher: Milja! When did you get in?
Milja: * completely deadpan* I'm a ninja.
Teacher: ... Excuse me?
Milja: I-I mean, I just got here!
Cue class laughing.
- Cute Little Fangs
- Cuteness Proximity: Played straaaaaaaaaaaaaight on her.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Does Not Like Boiled Potatoes
- Don't Explain the Joke: Here.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: The main reason why she doesn't want to go to the therapist. She doesn't want to talk about her issues, because that would make people feel sorry for her.
- Dysfunction Junction: Suprisingly many people close to her have some kind of issues...
- Face Palm: She loves doing that when she is on her Only Sane Man mood.
- Fish out of Water
- Flat "What.": The Sarcasm Failure tone and "Why the fuck are you disturbing me when I was perfectly minding my own business" tone.
- Forgets to Eat
- Four Is Death: She is born on 4th April...
- Geek / Nerd
- Gender Bender: Sometimes she looks like a boy. And once she even drew herself as one.
- Genre Savvy
Nazi Samurai: Especially when her fellow Finns get the compound nouns wrong.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language / Gratuitous English: She tends to stuck random English in her Finnish and random Finnish in her English.
- Grey and Gray Morality
- Growing Up Sucks
- Happy Dance
- Hates Being Touched
- Head Phones Equal Isolation
- Heavy Sleeper
- Heroic Wannabe
- Hikikomori: Outside world frightens her to some extent.
- I Just Want to Be Special
- Iconic Item: One of her many scarfs or her rings
- Idiot Hair: No, really, her hair does that.
- Once when she went swimming with her siblings, her hair got wet, she let it dry on its own and next thing she knew, she had a hilarious loop of hair randomly dangling right before her ear. It looked like a pig's tail. But it stopped being funny when it didn't go away even if Nekomata brushed her hair.
- Imagine Spot
- Inner Monologue
- Instant Waking Skills: Averted. So hard.
- I Wish It Were Real - Averted. Sadly.
- Jade-Colored Glasses
- Jerkass Façade: She might say some mean things sometimes, but she doesn't mean it. Usually. Sometimes.
- Jerkass Woobie
- Lazy Bum
- Lethal Chef
- Limited Social Circle: She isn't really interested in meeting new friends.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: And they all are her children.
- Loners Are Freaks
- Looks Like Cesare: She's on her way.
- Madness Mantra / Survival Mantra: "I don't care... I can't do this... I don't want to..." Gee, that winter really sucked, didn't it? If you really want to know: she was diagnosed with depression. It went away for the summer, but has shown sings of coming back.
- Mangst: Womanly mangst!!
- Meganekko: Although she can kindasorta see without them, but when not wearing them she looks really, really plain.
- Middle Child Syndrome: Averted, thank God.
- Monochromatic Eyes: She draws herself with these to represent her lazy/melancholic/Cloudcuckoolanderish personality. In Real Life, her eyes are grayish blue with amber dots.
- Mood-Swinger: And how!
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Female
- Ms Imagination
- My Name Is Not Durwood: Flavor F with occasional C. But it is not funny to her.
- Nice Hat: A purple cowboyhat and a witch hat with purple fake hair. Altough she doesn't wear them too often...
- More recently, a black fedora her brother gave her.
- No Sense of Direction
- Not a Morning Person - Don't wake her loudly. Don't. She will kill you.
- Not Good with People - Type 1
- Older Than They Look
- Old Shame - What you say? A crappy Cyborg009 fic with a Self Insert, Mary Sue-ish OC as the main character? Never happened!
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Kindasorta averted, since some people do know her name. Although they tend to forget it. Which she is not amused by.
- Ordinary High School Student - But her mind...
- Otaku - The men in 2D world are better...
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Perpetual Frowner: So much that she Lampshaded it by saying that her face pretty much looks like this emoticon: |:c
- Picky Eater - But when she finds something she likes, she eats it a lot
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Power Fantasy
- Rapid-Fire Typing
- Sarcasm Mode - Sarcasm is her second language.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud - Sometimes even while deadpan.
- Scarf of Asskicking
- Scary Shiny Glasses
- Serial Tweaker
- She Cleans Up Nicely - She is often told that she could be pretty if she bothered a bit, buuuuuuuuuut...
- Shrinking Violet
- Skirt over Slacks - No Panty Shot for you!
- Small Town Boredom
- Some Call Me Tim: Her real name is Milja, but her mother nickamed her "Miitu" while she was just weeks old. Nowadays she doesn't really notice wether people call her by her real name or Miitu.
- Sophisticated as Hell
- Spell My Name with an S: It's "MilJa", not "MiLLa"!!!! DAMMIT!!!
- Stoic Spectacles
- Strange Girl
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Super Drowning Skills - She shouldn't be allowed to go near water without supervision.
- Super-Powered Evil Side
- Sweet Tooth
- The Nondescript: If she one morning wakes up without a face, she wouldn't be too surprised.
- The Pesci
- The Snark Knight
- The Stoic to some extent
- The Quiet One - But she tends to be ingnored when she does speak up...
- They're Called Personal Issues for a Reason: She doesn't like sharing her ~*~feelings~*~.
- Tranquil Fury
- Verbal Tic: When speaking with people she doesn't know or is uncomfortable with, she tends to start her lines with "Mmm".
- Verbal Back Space
- Wall Glower
- Weaksauce Weakness: Her many allergies. And, as said above, Super Drowning Skills
- Wiki Walk: Her brain tends to do this. A lot.
- Writers Cannot Do Math
- Wrong Genre Savvy
- Yaoi Fangirl
- Your Mind Makes It Real: She has personified Frustration, her Imagination and even Reality
- Yuri Fan Girl
Works she enjoys:
Anime and manga
Live Action TV
Works of fiction she has intention to watch/read
- Meg The Maggot: Hey, I know you from the Cuanta Vida forums. Hi!
- AlBundyFan365: Hey, you also like listening to music by The Beatles, maybe even more than or just as much as me. That's great because they're the best band ever, am I right? Plus, for Loads and Loads of Characters, what do you mean by "And they all are her children"? I have no intention to be rude, it's just that when I read it, I became confused as to what that means. Anyway, if you want to, you can go visit my Troper page. Also, PLEASE try to leave a nice comment about it for me, OK? Life is better with friends, not enemies.
- I have magically found this page, random person. Love, anonymous troper who totally doesn't know you-
- Nekomata: Daha, I saw your nickname on the page history, YOU WERE CAUGHT. >:D But hello, fellow Finn!
- You seem like an awesome Troper,so This Troper figured he'd say hi
- Did you update your trope page,because I seem to relate more to you o:
- Hello to Finland. Make sure to pass by my profile. - Amused Troper Guy
- Nekomata? There's someone in my Pokémon Online clan with that name. You wouldn't, by chance, happen to be a member of the Magnet Risers, would you? (If not, hello anyway, friend!) - Blake Diamond