- In episode 7 of Beastars, Haru decides to allow Louis to stay at her place for two days. While she is treating Louis' wounds after shedding his antlers. Haru calls Louis "a cute little Bamb" while trying to disinfect his head.
- Incredible Hulk: Depending on the Writer, the Incredible Hulk is quite fond of deer. He even calls them Bambi! One memorable issue had him stumble upon some hunters killing a doe with its fawn nearby, and he reacted pretty much exactly how you'd expect him to.Hulk: Men killed Bambi's mother!
- Mother Goose and Grimm: Bambi is among the Disney characters whose head is mounted on the wall in this strip◊.
- Pearls Before Swine did a shout out to this movie while the main characters are engaging in a game of chess.
Film - Animated
- A Goofy Movie: A Bambi doll is seen in one scene.
- The Rescuers: Recycled Animation of Bambi and his mother grazing in a field can be seen during the "Someone's Waiting For You" sequence. Some of the birds seen in that film make an appearance as well.
- In The Rugrats Movie, there's a scene in the forest with cute woodland creatures resembling those from the movie, who get scared away by the runaway Reptar wagon.
- The Sword in the Stone: The deer that Kay plans to shoot with his arrow is re-used Stock Footage of Bambi's mother from Bambi. It was re-used again in The Jungle Book. The bird footage was re-used in The Fox and the Hound.
- In The Simpsons Movie when Homer gets romantic with Marge in Alaska, a bunch of forest animals help them get out of their clothes including a buck and a fawn who resemble Bambi and his father, while chanting similar to the birds chanting from the film plays, the buck then covers the fawns eyes as they engage in intercourse.
Film - Live Action
- The Return Of The Secaucus Seven refers to a term called Bambicide.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit: In the final scene Bambi appears among other cartoon characters.
- The Sandlot makes a direct reference to Bambi. "That wimpy deer?"
- Qui A Tue Bambi (2003) refers to Bambi too.
- Scream 4 has Robbie asking Kirby what her favourite scary movie is. She sarcastically replies "Bambi".
- Are You Being Served? In the episode Our Figures Are Slipping Mrs. Lucas asks Mrs. Brahms whether she would like to watch this film?
- The Young Ones: One episode is called Bambi, which is apparently the nickname of the at the time host of University Challenge Bamber Gascoigne. The series further insinuates that Bamber "Bambi" Gascoigne in fact is Bambi the deer, after several questionable life and career choices and extensive plastic surgery. Neil gets teary eyed when thinking about the scene where Bambi and his mum are lost in the snow.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: During the review Joel says Bambi, humans are basically good, when two deers appear on screen.
- Married... with Children: Peg says to Al that she ''let it slip out that you still cry at the end of "Bambi".'
- That '70s Show: In the episode Hunting Hyde spots a deer and says: "He's the king of the forest. Just like... Bambi's dad".
- Friends: In 'TOW Chandler Can't Cry', Joey asks Chandler if he didn't cry when Bambi's mom died.
- Glee: in "The Rhodes Not Taken" a drunk Kurt meets Emma in the hall and says, "Oh Bambi... I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy..."
- Saturday Night Live: One sketch spoofs The New '10s' Live-Action Adaptations of Disney movies, with a fake action-packed trailer for a film in which a grown-up Bambi (Dwayne Johnson) seeks vengeance for his mother's killing, with help from Thumper (Taran Killam as Vin Diesel), Flower (Jay Pharoah as Chris Tucker), and Faline (Cecily Strong as Michelle Rodriguez).
- Sesame Street: In Elmo Saves Christmas, Oscar calls Lightning the Reindeer "Bambi Face".
- The second expansion of World of Warcraft features Bambina, Mother of Bambina, Flora, and Thudder. Occasionally an NPC will shoot the mother and cheer, at which point Bambina takes several levels in badass and slaughters the NPC mercilessly. Players can watch this unfold repeatedly.
- The Sex Pistols once recorded a single called Who Killed Bambi?.
- The song "Bambi" from Prince's Prince is about a lesbian, Bambi, whom he tries to convert to having sex with him instead.
- The Flintstones release a 33RPM (long-play) phonograph record back in the 1960s with Jean Vanderpyl (as the voice of Wilma) reading the story of Bambi.
- Friend Owl appears as an enemy in the SNES and Sega Genesis versions of the The Jungle Book Licensed Game.
- In Bobwhite, Lewis starts to tell about the hunting trip that was his worst Christmas ever, and Ivy accurately predicts that Lewis shot an animal and felt terrible about it afterwards. (When Lewis shoots a deer, his dad even says it's "just like Bambi's mom!") As it turns out, Lewis has a near-supernatural ability to shoot animals without even trying.
- The Nostalgia Critic:
Critic (as Bambi): Hello, this is Bambi. My Mother and I are... (gunshot) Mother!
- In his "Top 11 Saddest Moments" video, scenes from various movies from the Disney Animated Canon are placed in the #1 spot, including the iconic scene from Bambi where his mother is shot and killed.
- In his review of The Disney Afternoon, when the Critic gets to reviewing TaleSpin, he compares the idea of using characters from The Jungle Book in an urban-like setting to that of using the cast of Bambi in a film noir, and shows a film poster for Buck City.
- In "War of the Commercials", when the Critic reviews commercials for the Mickey Mouse Talking Phone, he imagines what other characters Disney could have used. One of them is Bambi, leading to this line;
- In the Family Guy episode "Fore Father", a deer offers to adopt Chris as his son after Joe and Cleveland refused to do it when Peter asked. The deer resembles Bambi's father.
- Screwy Squirrel: In his debut cartoon Screwy meets a cute squirrel talking about the fact that the next cartoon will be about all his cute forest friends, which is an obvious stab at Bambi. He beats him up, though.
- Bambi Meets Godzilla: Probably the most iconic appearance of Bambi in popular culture.
- The Simpsons:
- In Treehouse Of Horror I one of the grave stones on the cemetery reads "Bambi's Mum".
- In The Monkey Suit lawyer Wallace Brady feeds a cute baby deer that looks suspiciously like Bambi and says evolution caused the forest fire to break out.
- In Rednecks and Broomsticks Bambi and Thumper come out to skate on the ice and are then hit by the Simpsons' car.
- In Tales From The Public Domain Marge lies to say that Joan of Arc's story had a happy ending and eats the page that says she was burned. Afterwards she says "easier to eat than that Bambi video".
- Animaniacs: Skippy and Slappy watch a movie called Bumbie which traumatizes Skippy. Writer, producer and voice actor Sherri Stoner had actually been traumatized by ''Bambi'' as a child.
- Drawn Together turns Captain Hero loose on nature with semi-automatic weapons. Inevitably, Bambi shows up on the doorstep with his dead mother's body in his... er... arms and tearfully begs Captain Hero to stop. This display moves the housemates to drop their guard, whereupon Bambi lets loose a herd of vengeful deer on them. When the deer attack is routed, Bambi cries out "Come back! I killed my own MOTHER for this!"
- American Dad!: In "Don't Look a Smith Horse in the Mouth", Roger compares Stan trying to walk in his new horse body to Bambi's first steps.
- In the sketch, "Dead Disney Moms" from the Robot Chicken episode, "Robot Chicken Lots of Holidays But Don't Worry Christmas is Still There So Pull the Stick Out of Your Ass Fox News Special", various Disney characters visit their mothers' graves on Mother's Day. Bambi is one of them, and asks his mom if she's watching over him, like Mufasa did for Simba. The spirit of Bambi's Mom tells Bambi to kill himself, as the rampant deer population is a real problem, and deer are meaningless.
- Near the beginning of the Thomas the Tank Engine episode, "Terence Breaks the Ice", a deer and a rabbit can be seen sliding on the icy pond Thomas stops near.
- Tiny Toon Adventures:
- In the short, "Duck in the Dark" (part of "Best O Plucky Duck Day"), the deer and the rabbit in the Eddy Cougar horror movie that Plucky watches resemble Bambi and Thumper.
- In the short, "Venison, Anyone?" (part of "Mr. Popular's Rules of Cool"), Vinnie the Deer tells the viewers that he's going to have to be the one to deal with Montana Max, since Bambi's on vacation.