Characters: Homestuck Pre Scratch Trolls
Billions and billions of years ago, a group of twelve Trolls played Sburb/Sgrub. However, their society left them unprepared for the rigors of the game. To make matters worse, a mysterious glitch affected their session, preventing them from succeeding. With no other options left, they initiated a Scratch and reset themselves and their universe. To prevent their entire existance from dissipating, one Troll killed herself and her allies seconds before the Scratch hit in order to survive as ghosts.
In the new reality, their Ancestors - the more familiar Trolls
- became the players, while the pre-Scratch players would become the modern Trolls' Ancestors
. This time, with Troll culture shaped by Doc Scratch, the players were able to win...sort of
This seemed to be the end of their story, until a pair of deceased Troll girls started appearing in dream bubbles...
- Anime Hair: They all have more animesque hair than their descendants. Kurloz's hair is actually worse than Gamzee's.
- Cast Herd
- Chekhov's Boomerang: It's implied that they were the friends Jadesprite had met in the afterlife.
- Chekhov's Gunman: The existence of the pre-Scratch Troll players was first introduced by Doc Scratch.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: Several of them took up the Sufferer's teachings, Aranea most specifically. Twisted a bit since the A1 trolls didn't have a Sufferer analogue; Aranea became a follower of the A2 Sufferer after she died.
- Meanwhile, Kurloz is even more into the "mirthful messiah" religion than Gamzee and is more than aware that he's worshipping Lord English.
- Dead to Begin With: Meenah blew them up with a small Tumor at the end of their session.
- Deal with the Devil: Word Of God has likened their decision to initiate the Scratch in their own session as one, given that it basically allowed Doc Scratch, often described as the manipulative devil figure of the series, free reign to twist the post-Scratch Alternia into the Crapsack World it eventually became.
- Fantastic Caste System: Like in the Post-Scratch world, they have the Hemospectrum. However, rather than being outright racist, theirs simply determines what role you will play in society. Notably, the higher bloods actually help and guide the lower ones, rather than oppress them.
- However, it's pretty clear that this system is condescending to lower castes, and the justifications resemble White Man's Burden. (see below)
- Flanderization: Most of them take the fans' interpretation of a character and run to the logical conclusion of it. Cronus is a complete loser, Kurloz is an Evil Genius, Kankri never shuts up, Latula is obsessed with being a coolkid, etc.
- Four Temperament Ensemble: Meenah, Damara and Mituna are Choleric, Cronus, Horuss and Meulin are Sanguine, Rufioh, Aranea, and Latula are Phlegmatic, and Kankri, Porrim, and Kurloz are Melancholic.
- Generation Xerox: They all have the same lands and share their aspects with their A2 counterparts.
- Hotter and Sexier: Sex plays a role in some of their characterization, unlike the previous lack of mentions to it. Cronus outright refers to it in one of his hashtags (finally confirming via Word Of God that trolls have sex), Damara's dialogue consists largely of sexual propositions, and it's a minor plot point that Kurloz and Meulin were in a sexual relationship, as well as the fact that Porrim Really Gets Around. Since they're significantly older than the post-scratch trolls this is somewhat of a Justified Trope.
- Not to mention that all of the Pre-Scratch trolls besides Meenah and Aranea were introduced as talksprites, which invoke Self-Fanservice over the more monstrous and less attractive normal sprites.
- Identical Grandson: They're identical to the Ancestors and heavily resemble their dancestors, the Modern Trolls.
- Loophole Abuse: Meenah's tumor bomb killed the team, but some members were God Tiered, including Meenah herself. However, reality was destroyed before they could revive from a non-Just/Heroic death.
- Milky White Eyes: Like all the dead.
- Mythology Gag: Most of the Ancestors' first names were were suggested names from when the post-Scratch trolls were introduced.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Downplayed: The pre-Scratch versions of the current trolls' Ancestors performed the Scratch, that's why post-Scratch Alternia is such an awful place, and why their universe is on Lord English's menu, however the other option was to let their species die out completely.
- Not Growing Up Sucks/Who Wants to Live Forever?: Everyone except Meenah (who, from her own perspective, has been dead for only a day or so), has fallen into severe mental ruts. Eternally brooding on the past has outright made Horuss insane, while it's turned many other members of the team (Damara, Aranea, Kankri, Kurloz, Cronus) into severe assholes who are borderline Ax-Crazy. Meanwhile even the superficially normal people like Rufioh and Latula have fallen into hidden depression from repressed issues, while Mituna and possibly Meulin are trapped in a broken mind. The only one relatively apart from this is Porrim as the Team Mom and Only Sane Man. All told, it just shows how being stuck as a teenager for millions of years is really not a good thing.
- Perfect Pacifist People: Subverted. When compared to the Post-Scratch session, it seems like this, but it has its own issues, and there were still people inclined to spite and violence like people anywhere; just look at Meenah, Damara or Kurloz.
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: They are about 19 years old, having spent 3 sweeps (six and a half years) after their session was wrecked in their Incipisphere before dying.
- Satellite Character: Aside from Meenah and Aranea, most of them don't really do anything, partially on account of having been dead since before the story started.
- Sanity Ball: Passed around. Rufioh and Porrim are the best adjusted characters, Meenah is the only one who actively wants to stop the giant monster from killing them all by uniting everyone. Aranea mixed both, being level headed and focused, but threw the ball away once her plan was revealed.
- Single-Issue Wonk: Most of them are obsessed with something.
- Stealth Pun: Their planet was not named Alternia. It was named "Beforus". It loses its stealthiness when Karkat lampshades it in A6A3's second game segment.
- Sure, Why Not?: Their entire existence would probably not be much more than a footnote in the story if the fans hadn't dogged Hussie for information about them.
- Take That, Audience!: Many of the Pre-Scratch trolls are lighthearted caricatures of the fans themselves.
- Or as Karkat and Terezi put it:
KARKAT: THEY PRACTICALLY AREN'T EVEN PEOPLE. THEY'RE WALKING, TALKING, LIKE...
TEREZI: WH4T, YOU M34N L1K3...
- If you find Hussie with Damara in the final walkaround segment of A6I3, he drops the lighthearted and says more or less "These characters are unimportant caricatures of you guys and they're all pretty much terrible people". Rufioh and Porrim are inverted examples though, being positive references to Dante Basco and good social justice types.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Due to millions of years stuck in a teenage mindset. Exceptions include Rufioh, Porrim, and the already-unpleasant Meenah.
- Walking Spoiler: Not as much as certain other characters, but revealing how they are actually relevant to the plot leads to huge spoilers about the characters that they interact with.
- White Man's Burden: Or in this case "Blue Blood's Burden". The lower castes were treated almost like children by the upper class, and people with even minor disabilities were "culled", essentially becoming wards of the state for their own good.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: The higher-blood trolls were meant to help the lower-blooded ones. Meenah felt that being forced to be nice was no different from slavery and when she learned what her post-scratch self did she was paralyzed with joy.
open/close all folders
The pre-Scratch incarnation of the Handmaid (Aradia's ancestor). She was the Witch of Time
. She initiated the Scratch in her session.
WHEN TALK TO HUMAN. USE ALL CAPS. BAD ENGLISH.
- Aliens Speaking Japanese: But she at least understands English, too. The other trolls sort of understand her too, considering Japanese to just be a "weird accent."
- All Anime Is Naughty Tentacles: This seems to have inspired her character.
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: A better example than most as at least her dialogue is in Japanese, but it's pretty clear that Hussie just ran what she says through google translator as there are a lot of mistakes in it that wouldn't make sense from a natural speaker, something Hussie outright admits to Damara's face, even mocking that she's not "authentic troll Japanese" but "fake troll Japanese."
- Ax-Crazy: She is incredibly crazy.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Pre-Scratch, Damara wanted desperately to serve Lord English. Post-Scratch, The Handmaid got to do just that and did not like it at all.
- Bilingual Bonus: Again, she speaks in Japanese. The game even gives a link to a transcript of her conversations, for easier translation. What she says is vulgar in the extreme.
- Break the Cutie
- Chekhov's Gunman: Her appearance is identical to that of the younger Handmaid who appeared in Act 5.
- She likewise appeared briefly in Meenah's narration before being officially introduced.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: To Rufioh when he started hanging out with Horuss a lot.
- Depraved Bisexual: The trolls are inherently bisexual, but Damara is the only one among them whose advances on characters of both sexes are consistently shown as explicit and vulgar to the point of creepiness, making her the only one to fit this trope.
- Development Gag: Two of her sprites use poses recycled from unused Aradia and Porrim sprites.
- Dragon Lady: Or at least the Fantasy Counterpart Culture equivalent.
- Dramatic Irony: In the flash she appears in, it's possible to go through the meteor as her as an Easter Egg. If you talk to Dave or Rose, they remark about are harmless and sweet she seems. Now look at most of her other tropes.
- Dual Wielding: Like all Needle kind users.
- Establishing Character Moment: The first thing she does in Openbound is flip off Meenah.
- Face-Heel Turn: It's implied that after she broke up with Rufioh she used her Time Travel powers to sabotage her session and that she also supports Lord English; in fact, one troll notes that she only became useful again when they decided to perform a scratch, implying that her intention was to force them to go down that route all along.
- Flipping the Bird: When someone tells her off.
- Good Girl Gone Bad: According to Meenah, her personality was much different — especially, much less aggressively crude — before things with Rufioh went south and Meenah had to rub it in.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Her Japanese is confirmed to be English translated to Japanese by Google Translate. The most obvious result of this is her constant use of the word "anata".
- Identical Grandson: Her talksprite looks extremely similar to Aradia's.
- Improbable Weapon User: Like Rose and her post-Scratch self, she wields needles.
- Jerkass: She's petty, vengeful, and likes to screw with people at random, even locking up and nearly suffocating Rufioh's lusus in a box. Over 80% of her dialog to people other than Rufioh is incredibly vulgar sexual propositions too.
- Lots of Planets Have a North: From eastern Beforus, which seems to be the Beforan/Alternian equivalent of Asia. Horuss even refers to it as Alterniasia.
- Love Makes You Crazy and Love Makes You Evil
- Meaningful Name: Damara is a breed of sheep. It is possibly a reference to how she blindly follows Lord English, and it also sounds like "damned", referencing Aradia's doom/apocalypse motif.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: When speaking with the human kids, she adopts a different persona, using friendly and extremely broken English. It fools Dave at the very least (he declares her "harmless") when by now the player/reader will be well aware of her bitter, cruel demeanour and worship of Lord English.
- Omnicidal Maniac: She was very enthusiastic about starting the Scratch because doing so would mean erasing all of the pre-scratch trolls from existence. She wants to join Lord English for the same reason.
- Phrase Catcher: "Hey Damz! If you go anywhere near him, I will fucking kill you!" (From Terezi and Latula in regards to Karkat and Mituna, respectively.)
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: She did not handle her breakup with Rufioh well.
- Shrinking Violet: Apparently used to be like this before Meenah got to her by revealing Rufioh's infidelity and egging it on.
- Smoking Is Cool: She smokes to diss the other person.
- The Stoner: Unlike Gamzee, who gets stoned on sopor slime, Damara appears to actually be smoking weed.
- Token Evil Teammate: Second (or third if you count Meenah) among the ancestors.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Meenah's the biggest reason she is what she is now.
- Woman Scorned: The apparent reason for her meltdown, and implied to be her Start of Darkness.
- Yandere: Finding out that Rufioh had fallen for Horuss (plus a good deal of intentional needling from Meenah, and Aranea speculates some sort of outside corrupting force was involved as well) turned Damara borderline sociopathic.
- You No Take Candle: When switching to proper English, her speech is rather broken.
The pre-Scratch incarnation of the Summoner (Tavros's ancestor). He is the Rogue of Breath
of his session.
Replaces "i" with 1... uses ell1pses frequently... followed by a space. Calls all girls "doll."
Censors self when using profanity (e.g: "crazy sh*t.")
- Anchored Ship: With Damara. And he wants to break it off with Horuss.
- Bishounen: According to Meenah.
- Body Horror / Unwilling Roboticisation: Subverted. When Horuss rebuilt him as a robot to counter his paralysis he rebuilt Rufioh as a horse to better fit his ideal. Rufioh seems to have missed the intent behind this, focusing more on how difficult it was to be quadrupedal and how much he missed his wings.
- Averted later. One of his alternates shows up as a horse and asks to die in Rufioh's same calm demeanor.
- Can Not Spit It Out: He just can't tell Horuss that they should see other trolls.
- Catch Phrase: "Bangarang!" This was the rallying cry of the Lost Boys (and the original Rufio) in Hook.
- Chick And Dude Magnet: Was very popular with the other trolls.
- Death Seeker: The ghost of his 'musclebeast' body really wants to be killed by Lord English.
- Dye Hard: The red in his hair isn't natural.
- Even the Guys Want Him
- Extreme Doormat: Towards Horuss, who he can't break up with because Horuss is oblivious to his attempts and also head over heels in love with him.
- Flanderization: Of Tavros being a Chick Magnet and having self-confidence issues.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Does this to an extent; something of a contrast to Tavros.
- Jossed: When he makes his on-panel appearance he promptly does this to one of the longstanding theories both in and out of universe about himself and The Summoner, mainly that his wings were a sign of going God-Tier. Turns out he's just a mutant.
- Meaningful Name: It's "Rufio", but with an "h" at the end making it resemble a certain anime about card games.
- Nice Guy: He's pretty much the nicest troll out of his group.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: It is implied that what completely drove Damara off the rails and led to her sabotage their session was him cheating on her coupled with Meenah's insults. In other words, Rufioh's infidelity has universe wide consequences.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Aside from the '1's, his speaking style is a direct homage to Dante Basco's writing style on his Tumblr. Dante portrayed the original Rufio and became the fandom's darling when he started a readthrough of Homestuck.
- Occidental Otaku: Or the Alternian form of occidental, anyway.
- Otaku: The first genuine canonical example, as a member of the Lost Weeaboos.
- Red Herring: The wings; Rufioh never went God Tier.
- Shout Out: On top of all the Rufio references, his use of "doll" is one to Rufio's actor, Dante Basco, who uses this quirk himself on his Tumblr page (which got fan attention when someone introduced him to Homestuck).
- Spiky Hair: Resembling flames.
- Sure, Why Not?: "Rufioh" was his prevailing Fan Nickname before his introduction.
- Symbol Swearing: He tends to asterisk out letters in vulgar words or slurs that he uses.
- Whole Costume Reference: RUFIOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
- Whole Plot Reference: His backstory references Hook heavily as well.
- Winged Humanoid: It's apparently a mutation.
- We Can Rebuild Him: Damara completely paralyzed him; Horuss gave him a new robot body, described as his head on a robot. Then Horuss kissed him and his Dream Self took over.
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheated on Damara with Horuss.
The pre-Scratch incarnation of the Ψiioniic (Sollux's ancestor). He was the Heir of Doom
of his session.
R3PL4C35 M057 0F H15 L3773R5 W17H NUM83R5
T3ND5 TW0 M4K3 5P331N6 3RR0R5
50M371M35 U535 R34K710N 61F5 0R 5CR188L35 0F H1M53LF
- Ambiguous Disorder: His talksprite twitches and seizes wildly, he flips between a Jerkass and an Extreme Doormat personality constantly, his quirk is so bizarre it dips into incoherence where it's sometimes hard to be sure whether he's actually speaking or just making noises, he has difficulty censoring himself, and he can't remember how to take his shirt off.note
- And I Must Scream: Rumor has it that he's much more coherent around Kurloz, which suggests that Mituna's got a bit more going on in that helmet of his than most people suspect, but is unable to express it due to his circumstances.
- Apologises a Lot
- Artifact Surname: All the other trolls' surnames are meaningful in their own right, but the name "Captor" only made sense in conjunction with "Sollux" (being a play on Castor and Pollux). In Mituna's case, the meaning of "Captor" is lost.
- Blinding Bangs: One iteration of Mituna shows up without his helmet in the Thieves flash, revealing that his mop of hair obscures his eyes anyway.
- Cool Helmet: Subverted. As innocently yet callously Lampshaded by Kankri, it's there because his mental disability would lead him to injure himself without it.
- Disability as an Excuse for Jerkassery: His initial conversation with Meenah shows that he's incredibly hostile towards seadwellers. In one of his personalities, at least.
- Establishing Character Moment: Performing a sick grind on a railing like Latula, only to land flat on his face.
- Extreme Doormat: His second personality.
- Generation Xerox: Based on the Ψiioniic's appearance, he presumably looks virtually identical to Sollux.
- Hates Being Touched: In general, albeit context-specific with Cronus' shoulder patting.
- Heroic RROD: According to Aranea, he overexerted his psionics to save the group from... something, which burned them out permanently and probably caused his brain damage. Suspiciously, Kurloz was the only witness.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Or so we've heard. It's how he got that way.
- Hollywood Tourette's: He seems to be suffering from it.
- Interface Screw: His quirk not only involves lots of substitution of letters for numbers, but also includes a lisp and intentional typos, in addition to occasional random gibbering. It is consequently really hard to read his text.
- In Universe Nickname: Sort of. Hussie refers to him as Mega Man Sollux in an Easter Egg of the third Meenahbound segment.
- Jerkass: According to Meenah.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: According to Latula.
- Meaningful Name: Mituna comes from "Maithuna", the Hindu Zodiac's counterpart for Gemini.
- Mood-Swinger: His aggressive side is a foulmouthed, barely-comprehensible ass, while his passive side is curt and contrite. He frequently gets caught in a loop of screaming slurs at his friends only to hang his head and meekly apologize when called on it.
- Morality Pet:
- Official Couple: With Latula.
- Reluctant Psycho: He's got enough of his mind still intact to realize that he's lost most of it.
- Seer: Not part of his title, but the Doom aspect apparently translates as "Fate", and Mituna was constantly warning people of dire events. Nobody paid attention to him however.
- Speech Impediment: He also has a lisp like Sollux. Meenah describes his quirk as "several conflicting speech impediments."
- Stop Being Stereotypical: Kankri tells him to stop acting like a stereotypically retarded person, despite the fact that Mituna genuinely needs his helmet and has poor coordination.
- Take That: He's a parody of Image Board users. (Note how his speech windows are patterned after 4chan-style imageboards instead of Tumblr.)
- The Unintelligible: He has the hardest-to-read typing quirk yet.
The pre-Scratch incarnation of the Sufferer (Karkat's ancestor). He was the Seer of Blood
of his session.
Uses with pr9per punctuati9n and grammar.
Replaces b with 6 and o with 9.
Speaks in his 6l99d c9l9r. 9ften uses large w9rds and speaks 9f s9cietal w9es. "Trigger warnings" are applied frequently.
- Adorkable: If only in front of Porrim and Latula.
- Berserk Button: It's quite jarring to see his Holier Than Thou demeanor fall away in the blink of an eye once he perceives that he's being mothered by Porrim. Who knew ghosts could have flames in their normally-blank eyeballs?
- Call Back: Porrim made his sweater to hide his "stupid hiked-up pants"; a reference to the Sufferer's "Righteous Leggings" (which, in turn, is a reference to an Off Model Karkat).
- Celibate Hero: Swore a vow of celibacy but...
- Chaste Hero: ...Doesn't realize his observations of Latula come off as romantic and beyond.
- Double Standard: Towards Cronus. Kankri does nothing to stop Cronus's ableist beatdown against Mituna, but leaps to the rescue when Meenah criticizes Cronus's otherkin shtick. Considering his many backhanded remarks about Mituna's helmet, it's possible Kankri is just biased against Mituna.
- Embarrassing Nickname: He does not like being called "Kanny," to the point that he actually prefers being called Insufferable instead.
- Everyone Can See It: With Latula.
- Fireball Eyeballs: When he perceives that he's being mothered by Porrim.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: When out of a group of twelve, only two are willing to give you the time of day and one of them spends most of said time calling you on your bullshit, you know you've hit rock bottom.
- Generation Xerox: Superficially with Karkat - he's physically identical to his successor, absurdly talkative, wanted to be the (spiritual) leader of his session, and has ambiguous feelings towards Pyrope but considers himself an expert on relationships (and other "sociologically fascinating" matters). But their personalities are effectively total opposites besides that, as the rest of this list shows.
- Hates Being Touched: By Porrim, at least.
- The Heart: Considers himself to be this for the Beforan Trolls. No one else does.
- Holier Than Thou: A secular version!
- Hypocrite: For all his talk about privilege, he's pretty judgmental.
- Hypocritical Humor: On a more trivial note, he claims that he doesn't like to use the term "pr96lematic" lightly. This is in the middle of a lecture during which he uses "pr96lematic" or some form of "pr96lematize" pretty much every few sentences.
- Identical Grandson
- Insufferable Genius: Though he doesn't believe he's a genius - just that nobody knows better than him. Functionally they're indistinguishable.
- Irony: For all of his preaching, he's the only one who really seems to give a damn about triggers - everyone else largely ignores them.
- Jerkass: He's a thoughtless, selfish, condescending snob under his deluge of politically correct rhetoric, earning him the nickname "The Insufferable." Contrast with Karkat, whose abrasive personality is a transparent attempt to cover up his softer side. And unlike others in his session, like Damara, Kurloz, or even Cronus who all Took a Level in Jerkass, Kankri has always been a Jerkass.
- Kick the Dog: His treatment of Mituna is pretty harsh. He also seems to dislike Meulin, saying his alternate's romance with her was questionable and jumping at a chance to lecture her about telling an alternate horse!Rufioh to not kill himself as being "suicide-shaming". (Which doesn't say much for his opinion of Rufioh either, come to think of it.)
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: While he's clearly intelligent, and admirably passionate about social issues, it's clear that he knows buzzwords, the contents of the thesaurus, and the existence of said passion a heckuva lot better than he does actual coherent social commentary (among other things).
- The Load: Due to never realizing his abilities (in a passive class at that), his overly long sermons, and being a horrible leader, he seems to have been basically useless to his session.
- Meaningful Name: Kankri is Esperanto for crayfish (the plural form), which derives from cancer in French. "Cancri" is also the suffix applied to all stars in the Cancer constellation. The use of Esperanto for his name is also a Genius Bonus. Esperanto was originally created as an attempt to create a universal language, though ultimately fell out of favor when everyone realized that making a universal language Eurocentric was kind of a bad idea. This fits in nicely with a lot of Kankri's thought processes.
- The Messiah: Subverted, despite every other session leader being some flavor of a Messianic Archetype. Kankri is certainly a self-styled messiah, but he's far too pompous for anyone to listen to him.
- Motor Mouth: While Karkat breaks into swear-ridden rants at the drop of a hat, Kankri breaks into sermons. Endless, self-important and incomprehensible sermons. He'll only swear with great reluctance, though. To put things in perspective, he manages to make Karkat fall completely open-mouthed silent, unable to get a word in edgewise against his massive walls of text. One particular sermon is a six-paragraph block in illegibly small writing filling up the speech bubble. It then turns into three columns of the same.
- Nice Guy: Not so much, despite his claims. He's always trying to avoid offense and apologizes profusely when confronted with being a jerk. However, he can be quite condescending about his "sensitivity," dismisses Porrim's feminist issues as largely imaginary, is incredibly cruel towards Mituna, and monopolizes Karkat's attention without any actual understanding of how he's being received. When he does make apologies, they often come off as backhanded and self-aggrandizing. Karkat sees right through him and later makes it clear that just because he's not shouting all the time doesn't mean he's nice and reasonable.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Just as Cronus is on the verge of admitting his "humankin"-greaser persona is just another act to get attention and he should try to change, Kankri bursts in and tells him that he should trust his feelings, allowing Cronus to avoid bettering himself in any way, shape, or form.
- A similar situation happens to Horuss. When Meenah is about to explain why his belief that he's actually a musclebeast is daft and insane, Kankri walks in to 'defend' him, and outright agrees with Horuss.
- Political Correctness Gone Mad: To the extent that his dialogue becomes a labyrinth of euphemisms, buzzwords, lengthy tangents explaining potentially offensive slurs and why they shouldn't be used, nonsensical replacement words for said slurs that begin piling up on each other, acronyms and just plain old talk, talk, talk. To the point where Skaianet has dubbed shipping him with Latula SOCIAL_JUSTICE!
- Rebel Without a Cause: Porrim's belief is that he has to rebel against everything, even if it means nothing to do so.
- Red Herring: There were some hints that him and Meulin had the same relationship as their A2-counterparts. This was promptly shot down when they appeared.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Even more than Kanaya, and most of the the light heroes, who have this as their hat.
- Single-Issue Wonk: See Political Correctness Gone Mad.
- Skewed Priorities: Still obsessed with his semi-nonsensical faux-intellectual babble about Alternian and Beforan society, despite both planets being destroyed. When called on this, he simply accuses the one doing the calling of being corporealist.
- Slut Shaming: Despite his Political Correctness Gone Mad, he engages in this with Porrim, who is not amused.
- Soap Box Sadie: Oh yes.
- Stalking Is Love: Inverted. Kankri considers his observations of Latula to be a platonic friendship and getting to know her better. Latula however is flattered intensely by it.
- Take That: He's one against faux-intellectual types that avoid triggers (things that might cause people to have a panic attack or depressive episode) taken Up to Eleven.
- More generically a Take That at Tumblr social justice — specifically the breed more interested in being right and loudly telling other people how wrong they are than, say, coherence or helping those unjustly marginalised by society in any meaningful way.
- The Unreveal: Unlike Pyrope, his name is initially left mysterious... because Meenah has forgotten it.
- Wall of Text: His first chat log is just him rambling at Karkat. Later it becomes so dense it's impossible to read.
- Weak Willed: Implied. When we find out that Vriska is mind-controlling a number of the doomed timeline ghosts, he appears more times than any other character.
- You're Not My Mother: As lampshaded by Porrim, thanks to their pseudo-mother/son relationship, when a cause comes around he could have fought against alongside her — gender inequality — he regularly belittles her concerns and uses his words as a shield to defend himself from any real societal repercussions largely just because it's her saying it. Driven home by the fact that his post-scratch alternate-universe version, the Sufferer (who was born into a Crapsack World and therefore actually had a cause) became a genuine respected hero who sacrificed his life for social change. Of course, not being a teenager probably helped, too.
The pre-Scratch incarnation of the Disciple (Nepeta's ancestor). She was the Mage of Heart
of her session.
(´・ω・) < USES SHIFT-JIS EMOTES AND ONE LESSER THAN SIGN AT THE START OF ANY LINE AND TYPES IN ALL CAPS DUE TO HER DEAFNESS.
~(￣∇￣~) < SHE REPLACES DOUBLE OR MORE E'S WITH 3'S.
(=^･^=) < USES CAT-PUNS LIBERALLY SUCH AS 'MOG' FOR 'OMG'.
(=^･ω･^=) < SHE GOES INTO BOOOOOOOUUUUUUUTTTTSS OF GUSSSSHHINGG. 333333333333333333333333333!
( -ω-) < ALSO TENDS TO 'MIME' MEMES WITH SIGN LANGUAGE.
- Affectionate Parody: Of Tumblr fangirls, complete with shipping obsession, loud declarations of feels, and inexplicably mimed reaction gifs.
- Amicable Exes: With Kurloz.
- Cat Girl
- Chekhov's Gunman: Meulin is responsible for giving Kurloz Gamzee's codpiece, doing so willingly. However, as soon as she spots the codpiece and gives it to Kurloz she immediately wishes to forget the codpiece's existence, to which Kurloz happily obliges by asking permission to engage in telepathy with her. This telepathy helps her forget the codpiece's existence, although this is undoubtedly in part the result of chucklevoodoos at work.
- Disabled Love Interest: For Kurloz.
- Fangirl/Yaoi Fangirl: She apparently likes the potential of gay human shipping especially.
- Flanderization: Like Cronus, an exaggerated version of how the fandom sees Nepeta. In her case this means an inablity to think about anything except shipping and cat puns.
- Genius Ditz: She's incredibly ditzy but also apparently a very good shipper.
- Genki Girl: If the way she types is any indication. Her signing is also pretty energetic.
- High On Catnip: She implies that she's abused catnip before when she attributes her memory loss from Kurloz's telepathy to it.
- Informed Flaw: She is apparently deaf, despite holding a conversation with Meenah perfectly well. Aside from shouting, that is. (She reads lips.)
- Meaningful Name: Meulin sounds like "mewling". It also sounds like "Merlin", given that she's a Mage.
- More than Mind Control: She still apparently has some affection for Kurloz, to the point where she willingly consents to chucklevoodoo-based telepathy in order to forget about Gamzee's codpiece.
- Mind-Control Eyes: Her Monochromatic Eyes turn from plain white to flashing different shades of purple when under chucklevoodoos.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Probable, given her past red relationship with Kurloz and her later fascination with his religion.
- No Indoor Voice: Justified - she's at least partially deaf and can't modulate her volume too well.
- Red Herring: There were some hints that her and Kankri had the same relationship as their A2-counterparts. This was promptly shot down when they appeared.
- Single-Issue Wonk: shipping, even more than Nepeta.
- Shipper on Deck: Just like Nepeta.
- The Stoner: Implied, with catnip.
- Weak Willed: Zig-zagged. With Kurloz, her actions with him and telepathy are partially of her volition. While it's not entirely her own will, she does consent to chucklevoodery in order to forget about Gamzee's codpiece. Meanwhile, Vriska's mind control does not have any ambiguities involving whether or not Meulin has any free will at all.
- Wild Hair: Like Nepeta's except longer
The pre-Scratch incarnation of the Dolorosa (Kanaya's ancestor). She was the Maid of Space
of her session.
Uses perfect punctuatio+n and capitalizatio+n.
All her o+s and 0+s are fo+llo+wed by a cro+ss, creating a female sign.
+, she also+ substitutes this symbo+l fo+r the wo+rd "plus".
The pre-Scratch incarnation of Neophyte Redglare (Terezi's ancestor). She was the Knight of Mind
of her session.
us3s w1th th3 ultr4r4d num3r4lz of th3 bl1nd proph3tz. 4w y34h!!
pron3 to 4dd1ng 1n coolk1d sl4ngz, plur4l1z1ng wordz w1th "z" 1nst34d of "s",
4nd g3tt1ng 4ll k1ndz of h3ll4pump3d bout wh4t sh3 h4s to s4y!!!!!!!!
- Call Back:
- Contrast the difference between Dave and Dirk's Cool Shades with Terezi and Latula's shades. Both post-Scratch individuals have pointy shades, while the others have smoother ones.
- She's a female, ebullient version of a coolkid, which Terezi is oddly obsessed with.
- Disability Superpower: Completely parodied with her being unable to smell, complete with ridiculous fake stories about how she learned to approximate smell through other senses.
- Dissonant Serenity: An easy-to-miss scene in the third Act 6 Intermission 3 walkaround has her threaten Damara to stay away from Mituna on pain of death. Without changing her usual expression.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: Her high-fives are implied to be hard.
- The Ditz: Took her a long time to realize how Meenah's plan worked with God Tiers.
- Gamer Chick: Even her walkaround theme is a remix of the goofy and deliberately obnoxious GameGrl track, which could be the trope's anthem.
- Genki Girl
- Genre Savvy: Initially dislikes Meenah because she believes she's competition for the role as badass girl in their group, but then later decides that actually Meenah is the Bad Girl to Latula's Rad Girl. When she talks to Porrim a little after telling Meenah this and Porrim teases her, Latula calls for Meenah to come and dispense some cynicism.
- Hidden Depths: Finds it completely believable that she and Aranea would end up killing each other without offering why that would be, and is self-aware enough to be gleeful when Meenah's cynicism offsets her self-described "neuroses" and plays into the role Latula designated for her. Notably, Karkat thinks her persona is an act to get attention and cover some part of herself that she dislikes, and Porrim believes she employs Obfuscating Stupidity.
- Identical Grandson
- Interface Screw: Her sprite is a bit larger than others so her words are sometimes cut off by it.
- Large Ham: Deconstructed, both Porrim and Karkat see her personality as an obvious act.
- Meaningful Name: Latula comes from "Tula," the Hindu counterpart of Libra.
- The Nicknamer: Not quite as much as Meenah, but hers are...memorable. She designates Meenah "Paycheck" and "Paystubs" and Porrim "Merrygamz"...which Porrim loathes, but prefers to "Pornstar".
- Obfuscating Stupidity: According to Porrim her ditzy behavior is all an act.
- Official Couple: With Mituna.
- Single-Issue Wonk: See Totally Radical and You Go Girl.
- Spiky Hair
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: With Mituna, but this may just be an artifact of their chat sprites.
- Totally Radical: Loves this. Especially the word "r4d"; the nickname "Radglare" appears in Meenah's internal hashtags.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Her reaction to Damara approaching Mituna is to cheerily threaten Damara with death if she so much as touches him.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Believes the letter Z is extremely rad.
- You Go Girl: Both a parody and a regular example of one.
The first shown Beforan troll, met by Jake briefly after blacking out. She is the pre-Scratch iteration of Marquise Spinneret Mindfang (Vriska's ancestor). She was the Sylph of Light
of her session.
Uses with proper punctuation and grammar.
Su8stitutes her b's with the num8er 8 as Vriska does, 8ut not with sylla8les unless she gets worked up.
Doesn't have an over-dramatic style of speech, instead going for an overly-long winded style of speech.
Uses 8-eyed emoticons. ::::)
The pre-Scratch incarnation of Darkleer (Equius' ancestor). He is the Page of Void
of his session.
Starts all sentences with 8=D <, meant to symbolize a horse's face, along with other elaborate horse faces and Shift-JIS emotes.
Capitalizes STRONG and all related words/derivatives. Writes "blue" as "b100" and censors all —> profanities using asterisks. ("Profanities" including words like "fudge" and "shoot")
Replaces "x" and "ks" sounds with %. Uses frequent, almost obsessive horse puns. Perfect grammar and synta% otherwise.
- The Big Damn Kiss: It's implied this happened offscreen between him and Rufioh, a Call Back to Jake and Dirk's kiss.
- Blessed with Suck: As the Page of Void, he was limitless potential from nothingness. However, that nothingness defined him far more than his potential in the end.
- Empty Shell: He thought he was this. Then he began to listen to the void inside him. Then he went pretty much batshit insane.
- Flanderization: Equius had a rather complicated personality for a minor character, which fans were fascinated with but which was actually just a pastiche of things Hussie found amusing in the past. Horuss worked to create himself from a blank slate to a very complicated individual but failed to recreate himself as anyone of substance.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Even moreso than Equius, if that were possible. He even has strength-dampening equipment to sidestep some of the issues Equius faced.
- Innocent Innuendo: The 8=D he prefixes all his speech with is supposed to be his goggles, the nose-gap in his helm, and his smiling mouth. Not a human penis.
- That's nothing: Every single time he uses it, he adds a "<" afterwords, one assumes to provide a break. It get's worse when he wants to show "sweat" dripping off his face. As Troll biology is... weird, none of them know exactly what this all means, but they're all incredibly skeeved by it.
- He also has a tendency to describe things in a much more physically and intimately passionate manner than is strictly necessary.
- I Just Want to Be Special: According to Aranea
"Yet in spite of all he worked to make something of himself, he amounted to very little. Responsible for neither great feats of heroism nor acts of villainy, he was just another game piece to be moved about the board. The aspect ruling his life would always conspire to dampen his relevance."
- Mad Scientist
- Meaningful Name: "Horuss" sounds a lot like "Horse". It also suggests the Egyptian god Horus, though this was probably not why the name was chosen; all the same, it has to be pointed out that practically every major god in the Egyptian pantheon was part-animal.
- Oblivious Guilt Slinging: When Rufioh attempts to break up with him.
- Otherkin: Believes himself to be a horse. Unlike Cronus, he is entirely sincere about it.
- Split Personality: Believes himself to be a multiple system of several ancestral horse spirits.
- Taken Up to Eleven on creepiness when he rebuilds Rufioh's body as a horse to be more like his ideal.
- The Pollyanna: He tries really hard to invoke this, having resolved to bury his insecurities under a mountain of positive thinking. Meenah remembered him as a dour sort and is taken aback by his permanent smile and fixedly cheery demeanor. It doesn't last long under her watch, though.
- The Power of the Void: His abilities as a Page of Void was to literally become a Blank Slate, with limitless potential springing from nothing. He did become quite the Renaissance Man, but over time, his own abilities (with some outside help from Meulin encouraging his Stepford Smiler nature) drove him insane.
- Renaissance Man: According to Aranea, he's a very talented man.
- Sanity Slippage: He used to be a Jerk with a Heart of Gold who was kinda boring but nonethless Rufioh liked him. Then he decided to better himself and became a Renaissance Man. But over the course of thousands of sweeps, listening to the Void within him drove him insane.
- Stealth Pun/Visual Pun: Appears to have a pony tail.
- His helmet leaves a fringe of hair sticking out that resembles a horse's mane.
- Not very subtle, but his Page of Void title makes him an empty page in the philosophical sense.
- Steam Punk: Being a Zahhak, the steam is of course made of his own sweat.
- Stepford Smiler: Forces himself to smile all the time, but fully admits that it's just an act and that he's really repressing his true feelings.
- And in another flavor of the trope, beneath his grumpy true nature is a lot of crazy. Beneath that is an Empty Shell. Hussie hit all three types of Stepford Smiler in 1 character.
- Think Happy Thoughts: He is initially encouraged to, though he ends up weirding people out instead.
The pre-Scratch incarnation of the Grand Highblood (Gamzee's ancestor). He was the Prince of Rage
of his session.
Normally "speaks" via mime, reaction gifs and clown smilies :o)
USES ALARMING PURPLE-ON-BLACK TEXT WHEN "TALKING" ABOUT HIS LORD
- Affably Evil: His psychic conversations show that his eerily polite behavior isn't just an act.
- Amicable Exes: With Meulin, though the Mind Manipulation he's been shown to use on her makes it somewhat questionable.
- Anime Hair: His huge horns don't even show up in his silhouette.
- Antiquated Linguistics: Zigzagged. When he finally DOES speak, he talks as if he's leading a sermon, but he mixes it up with Juggalo-speech and Sophisticated as Hell.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Initially depicted as a quirky mime, he is in fact just as evil as sober Gamzee and is actually conspiring with said descendant to bring about Lord English's victory. Also to give Gamzee his now-signature codpiece.
- Body Horror: He chewed off his own tongue and his mouth is sewn shut.
- Dark Secret: Everything about him, he keeps hidden from his former teammates just as religiously as his devotion to Lord English.
- The Dragon: One of the many ones to Lord English, working with his alternate, Gamzee. His manipulations along with Meenah's are the biggest reasons his session is so messed up.
- Devil in Plain Sight: He looks evil, continually schemes, and when Aranea mentions her distrust in him it's a one-off gag rather than a real suspicion.
- Elective Mute/Silent Bob/The Voiceless: At first, anyway. Given his lack of a tongue and decidedly powerful psychic abilities, his dialogue may in fact be telepathy.
- Enemy Mime
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He still seems to care for Meulin even after breaking up with her and going insane.
- Evil Genius: He's been meticulously guarding his memories from everyone else for as many sweeps as they've been inside the dream bubble.
- Genre Savvy: As a servant of Lord English, Kurloz pretty much needed to be this in order to avoid any possibility of his plans being derailed.
- Outside of Lord English-related schemes, Kurloz helps Meulin with kismeses as far as her shipping chart. He's noted to be surprisingly accurate and his predictions about kismeses become real.
- Generation Xerox: Like Gamzee, he's had a Freak Out that's made him evil. The difference is that Gamzee's Freak Out made him abandon his religion, while the opposite seems to have happened with Kurloz.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom
- Juggalo: Looks the part and is part of the "mirthful messiah" cult. However, he has foregone any parallels with the ICP and explicitly worships Caliborn/Lord English.
- Looks Like Cesare
- Messy Hair
- The Mole
- Mind Manipulation: The first time we see his true colors is when Meulin gives him the codpiece he wanted. He takes control of her mind, causing her eyes to glow shades of purple, and has her praise Lord English.
- Obviously Evil:
- Religion of Evil/Scary Amoral Religion: Religiously worships Lord English and Cherubs in general.
- Token Evil Teammate: Of all the morally dubious Pre-Scratch Trolls, he's at the top, he lacks a sympathetic goal like Meenah and Aranea and he most actively schemes against the party unlike Damara.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: According to Aranea he and Meulin used to be in a stable and happy matespritship, until Kurloz had a nightmare, after which he screamed enough to deafen Meulin. This incident prompted him to chew off his own tongue and sew his mouth shut. It's hinted this "nightmare" was the beginning of his worship of Lord English.
The pre-Scratch incarnation of Orphaner Dualscar (Eridan's ancestor) . He is the Bard of Hope
of his session.
uses vw's for vwords that begin vwith w or v
and wv's for vwords that end vwith w or v.
uses 8's for capital B's.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Towards Meenah and, implicitly, every other one of the Pre-Scratch Trolls. No one wants to get near him, for understandable reasons.
- Anything That Moves: Including Eridan.
- Ascended Fanon: His Fan Nickname Coolscar shows up in his tags while he harasses Mituna.
- Attention Whore: Most of the things he does are for attention, as he and Meenah both point out.
- The Bully: Harasses Mituna, a brain damaged troll, when he keeps patting his shoulder even though he tells him to stop, and treats him like a friend, that is, until he gets angry at him and rudely insults him, even for Meenah getting angry for him treating Mituna badly, which had nothing to do with Mituna as he was the victim.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Deconstructed - He acts superficially nice because he wants sex.
- Entitled to Have You: Acts this way on a regular basis.
- Fan Nickname: Coolscar, based around his leaked sprites.
- Once he actually appeared, people started referring to him as Toolscar and Douchescar.
- Flanderization: Of some of Eridan's negative traits. Like Eridan, Cronus had romantical issues with Peixes which went south. Unlike Feferi with Eridan, Meenah seems to at least stop Cronus from grilling Mituna, while also being able to partially have a pleasant enough conversation. Like Eridan, he has little to no success regarding his romantic advances. Like fanon Eridan, he tries to hit on anything that moves, and does so through head games and put-downs with a side order of way too much touching.
- The misconception of Eridan saying "nyeh" is turned into an Ascended Meme when Cronus says it near the end of the Openbound he is in.
- Greaser Delinquents
- Hipster: Implied in a few of his song title choices, while pitching them to Meenah.
- Ignored Epiphany: He admits that this whole "humankin"-greaser thing might just another cry for attention and perhaps he ought to change who he is (if only to have a chance with Meenah), but fortunately Kankri shows up to tell him to trust his feelings and never doubt himself.
- Jerkass Has a Point: When Meenah calls him out on picking on Mituna, he counters that she shouldn't have a problem with it, what with her idolizing her post-scratch self, who did a lot worse to Mituna's post-scratch self. Meenah can't come up with an effective rebuttal.
- Jerk With A Heart Of Jerk: He tries to prove to Meenah that he isn't all that bad... Only to immediately follow it up with by bullying Mituna.
- Kick the Dog: Invading the personal space of the guy with a traumatic brain injury who Hates Being Touched and is telling you very loudly and clearly to keep your hands to yourself is a good way to instantly label yourself as a skeevy asshole.
- Large Ham: He's pretty dramatic when you think about it.
- Meaningful Name: In Rome, the Titan Cronus is known as Saturn. In astrology, Saturn is traditionally known as the ruling planet of Aquarius.
- No Sense of Personal Space: He continues patting Mituna's shoulder when Mituna tells him repeatedly and with unusual coherence to stop doing so. Cronus' attempts at reassurance just make it creepier.
- Otherkin: Claims to identify as a human, specifically a 1950's era greaser, but seems to say this for attention and he only kept the charade going because Kankri put him on the spot.
- Prince Charming Wannabe: Blatantly and spectacularly bad at it.
- Smoking Is Cool: He carries a cigarette in his mouth, but it's just to look cool. He doesn't actually light it up, since he considers that to be a waste of a perfectly good cig.
- Stealth Pun: Maybe unintentional, but he combines a double lightning scar (alongside other elements of the Harry Potter mythos) with the aesthetic of a 50s greaser.
- Sure, Why Not?: Eridan was frequently compared to Harry Potter in appearance, which Andrew later ran with. Cronus continues this by having an Aquarius scar in approximately the same location as Harry himself - and he supposedly got that from an evil magician that cannot be named.
- Take That: He's meant to mime the sort of people who, despite being flagrant douches, insist that they're "the nice, sensitive one" being tormented and rejected by the cruel masses. He's also one to the "pickup artist" community, showing off just how sleazy in practice "negging" and deliberately faking bonding (e.g. touching someone familiarly) actually is.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: According to Aranea, he used to be marginally nicer before someone gave him a Breaking Speech and made him realize magic wasn't real.
- Weak Willed: One of the worst of all the characters. As a seadweller, he is born with extremely potent biological immunity to psychic power, yet Vriska can still mind control two different versions of him into ramming each other from great distances with ease while throwing a tantrum.
First seen when Roxy was temporarily trapped in the Furthest Ring, she is the pre-Scratch iteration of the Condesce (Feferi's ancestor), and was the Thief of Life
of her session.
uses lazy diction and grammar and doesnt use punctuation
uses feferis quirk when S)(OUTING FOR -EMP)(ASIS
also uses a lot of fish puns tho she admits most are terrible
and tiara and goggles emotes 38T
- Money Fetish: If Act 6 Intermission 3 is of any indication, she absolutely loves the stuff. Latula affectionately calls her "Paycheck".
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family
- The Nicknamer: Dismissive jerk version. She calls Karkat "nubbyshouts" and doesn't really care to learn the names of anyone new that she meets, such as calling John "nerd," "god-tier boy," and "blue boy." This goes so far that she can't even remember the names of some of her session's other players.
- Pet the Dog: She baked her friends a cake to celebrate their first anniversary in the game.
- Meenah finds Feferi to be very cute, and is rather depressed that their blood's genetic triggers prevent them from bonding.
- Pink Means Feminine: Aversion. She's associated with pink because of her blood color - tyrian pink, not because of any feature of her personality.
- Prongs of Poseidon: And Naturally they are gold.
- Rebellious Princess: According to Aranea, she saw the role of Empress as a "glorified slave" and disliked the caste system as a whole. In fact, an instance of her running away led to her initially discovering the game. This is no doubt a reference to Feferi's own characterization, though unlike most examples, she is far from heroic.
- Running Gag: Meenah killing John's dream bubble iteration every time she sees him.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Though that's mostly due to her Milky White Eyes.
- Slasher Smile: Seemingly constantly.
- Short Hair With Tail: Actually two thin tails, both long enough to trail behind her on the ground.
- Sociopathic Hero: Has attacked several protagonists unprovoked, but is currently attempting to get a group together to fight the Big Bad.
- Squee: Getting on her good side in any number of ways (agreeing with her opinions, making fish puns, discussing her Alpha version's genocidal march across the universe) tends to provoke this reaction. Make her happier and she'll enter what can only be described as a joy coma.
- See Actually Pretty Funny.
- Tetragonist: Being the Protagonist for Act 6 Intermission 3 and the most influential member of the fourth session mentioned, she would be this, not Kankri.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!
- Time Abyss: Averted. It's only been a few hours for Meenah since her death unlike the rest of her group.
- Token Evil Teammate: For the pre-Scratch trolls as a whole. Well, she was the most obvious one, what with Kurloz being The Mole and Damara using Time Travel to ruin their session. As Aranea puts it:
[Vriska] was a serious trou8lemaker in your party. Many player groups have to deal with those.
I feel as though we had one of the worst cases in our party. 8ut when all was said and done, she was still our friend.
- To put it in perspective: Her reaction to all the horrible things her post-scratch self has done. Not even getting the crap beat out of her could pull her from her bliss. Of course, then she learns what Aranea didn't tell her about.
- Meenah's actually an interesting example in that while she was most definitely this to her group during her game proper, after the scratch so many of her fellow players grinded levels in assholery that, while not necessarily coming off as pleasant per se, she seems significantly less evil and/or repugnant than other characters - namely Damara and Kurloz - to the extent that she doesn't really qualify anymore as a Token Evil.
- Took a Level in Kindness: She becomes less of a gleeful sociopath and more of a well-rounded person after she dies, even though she still takes pleasure in a handful of her more unpleasant habits.
- Villain Protagonist: Of her own Session, as a matter of fact. She's an alternate version of the Big Bad, after all.
- She tries growing out of this when she becomes the protagonist in the modern day she's gotten some Character Development, and is looking out for the best interest of everyone.
- War for Fun and Profit: Her two key motivations for fighting.
> Go Back > Return to main page