- It's time to have some fun
It's time to get things done
It's time for Minilife TV!
—- Original theme tune
The show debuted on March 2, 2012, while the channel was created on September 23, 2011. As of May 12, 2017, the series is currently at five seasons and 75 episodes, as well as on hiatus. A movie is currently in development.
This show provides examples of:
- Absurdly Long Limousine: Kegan Kubrick owns one with a built-in bowling alley.
- The Adjectival Man: The Armless Guy.
- Air-Vent Passageway: In "The Quarter Finals Begin", Chris has to crawl through an air vent to bust Ian out of city hall.
- Animation Bump: Prior to the start of Season 4, the characters' movement is similar to that of The LEGO Movie.
- Ascended Extra: Jack goes from being but a nameless janitor and an extra in Episode 1 to becoming a recurring supporting character in the Season 2 finale to realizing he's the long lost mayor of Minilife near the end of Season 4, and even getting his own episode in Minilife Chronicles.
- Astronomic Zoom: The Season 4 theme song begins this way. It starts with Legondo as seen from space and then zooms in all the way down until Minilife Studios can be seen.
- Bigger on the Inside: Chris and Ian's freezer. They have to go ice climbing just to get something from it.
- Birthday Episode: "Snowball's Birthday (PART 1)" and "Snowball's Birthday (PART 2)" take place on Snowball's and Damian's birthday.
- Blob Monster: In "Season 2 Finale!" and "Mini-Monster Mayhem!", Michael turns into one.
- Buffy Speak: The Minilife Studios' teleporter is repeatedly referred to as the "teleporty thingy".
Chris: Blower-upper thingy?Ian: Check-check-checkity-check!
- In "Dummy Demolition":
Jack: Yes, he [Michael] was working on a formula that, uh, spilt on him and turned him into a big green blob thing.
- In "Mini-Monster Mayhem!":
- Built with LEGO: The show is made of LEGO which comes to life using Stop Motion Animation.
- Butt-Monkey: The Armless Guy.
- Chris and Ian usually acome to this at times.
- The Bus Came Back: Baby Crotchrash returns three seasons (41 episodes) later to become the secondary antagonist to get revenge on Chris and Ian.
- The Cameo: The Season 5 finale has Forrest Whaley and Sean Willets dressed as Batman and Robin at Chris and Ian's house party, in which the latter thought it was a costume party.
- Camp Gay: Todd McFabulous.
- Classical Movie Vampire: Snowball.
- Cool Gate: The time machine in Minilife Studios.
- Crossover: With The Nightly News At Nine on several occasions.
- Crystal Ball: Fankii the fortuneteller has one.
- Curse Cut Short: Happens in "1-800-MINIDIAL" when a Troll harasses Chris and Ian.Chris: Start up the teleporty thingy! We're gonna get this motherfu-[Smash Cut to a technical difficulties screen]
- Dark Is Evil: Commander X is almost entirely black.
- A Day in the Limelight: The "Minilife Chronicles" series consists of episodes of this type.
- Debut Queue: Many important characters get introduced bit by bit in the first few episodes of the show: Chris & Ian in episode 1, Michael & Clair in episode 2, The Grim Reaper in episode 3, Snowball in episode 4, and Archie, Chip & Baby Crotchrash in episode 5.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Happens to Todd in "The Preliminary Rounds" when he and Genevieve try to record the Mixed Martial Arts Tournament from a window.Genevieve: I'm starting to think you're just in it for the eye candy.Todd: [scoffs] Really, sis? You think I'm that much of a pig?Genevieve: You're zoomed in on a buff guy right now, aren't you?Todd: Six-pack and everything.
- Dream Episode: "DREAM Sequence!" in Season 1 and "Dream Sequence (Again)" in Season 5.
- Drop the Cow: The "Blowing Up a Dummy" segment in "Dummy Demolition" ends with a cat getting crushed by a big red DUPLO brick.
- Eccentric Mentor: Master Quoker.
- Fantastically Indifferent: Chris and Ian's reaction to mannequins coming to life in "Spirit in the Sky".
- Fortune Teller: Fankii.
- Framing Device: Season 4 is framed as being watched by Gosh on TV.
- The Grim Reaper: A recurring character, first appearing in "The Five Stages of DEATH!". His name is later ("Of Pancakes And Baseball Caps (PART 2)") revealed to be Gregory, much to Chris and Ian's amusement.
- Heh Heh, You Said "X": In "The Five Stages of DEATH!":Chris: It's a theory that was first introduced in 1969 by a smarty-pants and big thinker Elisabeth Kübler-Ross.Ian: Eeheeheehee!Chris: What? You find that name funny, Ian?Ian: No, you said 69.Chris: Oh, ahahaha! Oh my God, I did!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Chris and Ian.
- Innocuously Important Episode: "Runaway BABY!"
- Intelligible Unintelligible: Snowball seems to understand everything Archie says.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Jack appearing on the title card of "The Mayor" is a spoiler for those who haven't seen The Reveal in "A New Terror Arrives".
- Let X Be the Unknown: The X-Team, led by Commander X.
- Limerick: In "The Quarter Finals Begin", Ian sings a short song in the form of a limerick:Well, I don't want to be mayor anymore
I think this whole job is one big bore
Gotta go and have some fun
Gotta get things done
I don't want to be mayor anymore
- Limited Wardrobe: Characters typically have a signature outfit which they wear most of the time. As of Season 5, some characters (namely Chris, Ian, and Snowball) have switched to a different outfit.
- Living a Double Life: In "Crossing Ian", Ian becomes the mayor of Minilife City, and hides this fact from Chris. He finally confesses 33 episodes later in "Trouble Ian Paradise".
- LOL, 69: See Heh Heh, You Said "X".
- Mass Teleportation: In "The X-Team Attacks" Chris, Ian, Clair, and Snowball teleport to the stop the X-Team.
- A Million Is a Statistic: While no deaths are specifically mentioned, in "WORLD RECORD BREAKING!!!" Chris and Ian inadvertently break the world record by causing the most head injuries in a minute. They mostly shrug it off, and it isn't brought up again until 37 episodes later in "Chris and Ian Shamelessly Promote Themselves".
- Military Rank Names: Commander X and General Red.
- The Movie: Minilife Origins (coming 2020).
- Movie-Theater Episode: "A Dark Night" has the gang going to the movies to see The Dark Knight Rises.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: In "Spirit in the Sky":Snowball: Wait! You have to open up the mall, our friends are in there!Archie: *beeps*Snowball: Right. And a man named Wilkins.
- The Nameless: The woman Ian campaigns against in "Crossing Ian" has no name other than "Girl". Ian exploits this to justify he's clearly more important, and thus should be the mayor.
- Ninja: Melvin.
- No Animals Were Harmed: Parodied in "The Splitzies 5000!!!":Cats were harmed during the making of this episode.
- Origins Episode: The upcoming movie titled Minilife Origins.
- Portal Picture: There are four in Emery's house.
- Portmantitle: "The Vampodcast" from "vampire" + "podcast".
- Pulling Themselves Together: The characters can detach and reattach parts of their body without it causing them any damage, as they are literally Built with LEGO.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: General Red has red hair and wears black.
- Robot Buddy: Archie.
- Show Within a Show: First there's Minilife TV a brickfilm YouTube series about two guys who run a TV show which is also called Minilife TV.
- Then there's Snowball with his own talkshow and, as of season 5, a podcast.
- In several episodes The Nightly News At Nine can be seen on TV.
- Spinning Paper: Used twice in "Crossing Ian". The first set of papers show that Ian is running for mayor, the people of Minilife are shocked that the city didn't have a mayor previously, and the spinning newspaper gag is still trending. The second set of papers show that Ian won the election, the unnamed female character got kicked out by the angry mob, and Ian is making an acceptance speech.
- Stop Motion: The show is almost entirely made using stop-motion animation.
- Stuff Blowing Up: In "Dummy Demolition", Chris and Ian blow up dummies.
- Swallowed Whole: In "Season 2 Finale!", Chris, Ian, and Jack get get swallowed by a green Blob Monster.
- Teleportation Misfire: In "Snowball's Birthday (PART 1)", Snowball ends up being teleported to an alternate universe instead of Chris and Ian's living room.
- The "The" Title: All episodes of "Minilife Chronicles" (so far) are named this way.
- This Is a Song: The end credit song used in Season 4, and some episodes of Season 5 begins with "It's the end credit theme".
- Those Two Guys: Chris and Ian.
- And Snowball and Archie in some cases.
- Also, Vince and Zach.
- Tournament Arc: The entire Season 4 revolves around the 28th Legondo World Martial Arts Tournament.
- Trope 2000: The Splitzies 5000.
- The Unintelligible: Archie the robot only speaks in beeps.
- Whole Episode Flashback: "Abel's Story" plus "Flashback to Fortune Teller Fankii".
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Baby Crotchrash. It's later revealed to be a nickname in the Season 4 finale "Baby Crotchrash Returns".
- Wingding Eyes: The car crash in "A New Terror Arrives" gives Jack X's for eyes.
- "Hey, tropers, and welcome to Minilife TV; a show about everything."