I ran to the fridge and pulled out an egg
Scoped him with my scopes he had no hair
Launched that shot and he was caught out there"
A common "prank" performed by punk kids in media (particularly during a Halloween Episode that makes mention of "Mischief Night") is throwing rotten eggs at people, their cars, or their houses. This can end up damaging peoples' property at worst, and making them smell bad at best.
Do Not Try This at Home - eggs can damage property (especially car paint finishes) leading to potential arrest, criminal charges and/or civil damage claims.
- In a commercial for Wilkins Coffee, Wontkins goes into a cafe and tells Wilkins to give him eggs without Wilkins Coffee. Wilkins then has his employees throw eggs at Wontkins, and says, "A meal without Wilkins is a mess!".
- One Piece: in the early times, Usopp sometimes launches eggs from his slingshot (he called it "Egg Star/Tamagoboshi") to distract enemies.
- Meet the Robinsons: The Bowler Hat Guy's initial plan to get back at the Robinson family is throwing eggs at their house while shouting "You stink, Robinson!"
- Monster House: While the titular house was under construction, children threw eggs and rocks at it, which caused Constance to try and attack them.
- In Bumblebee Charlie and Memo try to egg Tina's car as revenge for mocking the former's dead father. When they try teaching it to Bumblebee, he ends up completely totaling it.
- In D.C. Cab, one of the regular fares is a black maid who works for a rich family, and the family's two young children like to throw eggs at the cab.
- In The Fault in Our Stars, Hazel and Gus help Isaac throw eggs at his ex-girlfriend's car. They're caught by her mum, but Gus gets her to leave them alone using Refuge in Audacity.
"Ma'am, your daughter's car has just been deservedly egged by a blind man. Please close the door and go back inside or we'll be forced to call the police."
- Happens and is mentioned a few times on Glee, when Rachel is pelted by the members of Vocal Adrenaline in the first season. One of which is sort-of her boyfriend who knows she's vegan. Ouch.
- An episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch had Harvey go Trick or Treating with some kids, where the kids pelted a house with eggs.
- Person of Interest. Root has to get this week's Number to safety with two teams of killers chasing him. She hands him a carton of eggs, removes one and throws it at a passing police car so he'll be arrested.
- In the ending to an episode of Gilmore Girls, Lorelai and Rory cover Jess's new car with eggs that Rory took from Sherry's babyshower.
- In a Criminal Minds episode, egging a house on Halloween is actually the root of the criminal's trauma, as he was given Disproportionate Retribution for doing it by his father, being locked in a wooden box. In the present, he catches boys egging houses and inflicts the same on them.
- "Egg Man" by The Beastie Boys (which is quoted at the beginning) is about attacking people with eggs.
- In The Far Side, one strip with Horny Vikings had them egging houses instead of burning them down.
- Cul de Sac: Alice's grandmother habitually throws deviled eggs at passing cars.
- Night in the Woods: Mae has done this, among her list of other petty crimes.
- The Simpsons: Virtual Bart: The second half of the Vandal level involves Bart throwing eggs at his classmates so that he'll look good in his school photo by comparison (the first half involves him throwing tomatoes). The game ends when Bart runs out of eggs (or tomatoes), time runs out, or if he hits one of the adults (though he can hit Principal Skinner while he's crouching).
- In Minecraft, eggs can be thrown. They sometimes hatch into chicks.
- Of course you can do this in a video game aptly titled Bully!
- In The Sims Medieval, your kingdoms use Stock Punishment, and the likelihood of hapless souls locked in the stocks being egged is very high.
- HowToBasic throws and break eggs in almost all of his videos. The Logo of his channel is even a broken egg.
- Homestar Runner: Strong Bad, Strong Mad, and The Cheat frequently spend their Halloweens egging (and toilet-papering) houses. And the short "Costume Commercial" features a "deluxe decoy poncho"—it's completely clear and covered in fake egg yolks.
Strong Bad: Light him up, The Cheat!
The Cheat: [affirmative The Cheat noises]
Strong Bad: Aw, never mind. Looks like somebody already got him... with a... bunch of fried eggs.
- Family Guy: In "Fast Times at Buddy Cianci Jr. High", after Chris' teacher gives him a failing grade, Peter takes him to egg his house like he used to do when he was a teen. However, since Chris' teacher is Brian, they egg their own house.
- King of the Hill: In "Hilloween", Hank and Bobby egg Junie Harper's house, which causes Harper to get distracted while driving and run over her cat. Needless to say, this meant war.
- Beavis And Butthead set off the events of "The Trial" by doing this.
- The Simpsons
- In "Lisa's Date with Destiny", Nelson joins Jimbo, Dolph, and Kearney in egging Principal Skinner's house.
- At the end of the Easy Bake Coven segment from "Treehouse of Horror VIII", Homer eggs a house, only for Lisa to point out that it's his house!
- In the Action League Now episode, "Where Pigeons Dare", when the Pigeon Queen dies, The Chief assigns the Action League to protect her four eggs. Unfortunately, three out of the four eggs get broken; the first when Meltman and The Flesh play catch with them against Thundergirl's wishes, the second when Meltman and The Flesh attempt to move them into a warm house (it lands on Thundergirl), and the third when two kids steal it and attempt to throw it at a car, but miss it and hit the sidewalk. At the end of the episode, it is revealed that the eggs the League were guarding didn't belong to the Pigeon Queen at all, and the last one hatches into a snake, which eats Meltman.
- This is a traditional Halloween prank in the United States.
- Egging is commonly used in some kind of protests, especially for public/private buildings.
- In some parts of the world like Latin America, this is a tactic used by delinquents to steal people on cars or to steal cars, throwing eggs to the windshields, so the driver uses the cleaner, making worse the stain and necessarily stopping the vehicle to clean it manually, occasion used by the delinquents to take over the car or the driver.
- In 2014, Justin Bieber had to pay over $80,000 in restitution after he egged a neighbor's mansion. (And at that he was lucky; the eggs did enough damage to the mansion he could have been charged with a felony, instead of a misdemeanor.)
- A famous incident in Australian history involved a heckler throwing an egg at Prime Minister Billy Hughes. A local policeman refused to arrest the thrower, which might well have formed the catalyst for the creation of the Australian Federal Police.
- In March 2019, Australian neo-Nazi politician Fraser Anning had an egg thrown at his head by Melbourne teenager William Connolly over Anning's controversial statements on the Mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the previous day; Anning responded by punching Connolly in the face twice. The public sided with Connolly, who dubbed him "Eggboy", with a petition for Anning's expulsion reaching over a million signatures in just 72 hours. Anning was thrown out of parliament in the following election two months later.