This index covers tropes related to eggs and hatching. If the way eggs hatch is depicted inaccurately, this overlaps with Pregnancy Does Not Work That Way.
- Chest Burster: A creature that hatches through another being's stomach.
- Cosmic Egg: A god or other cosmic being is hatched from an egg.
- Egg Folk: An anthropomorphic egg.
- Egging: A prank involving eggs being thrown at somebody's house or car, or at that person.
- Egg-Laying Male: Males of oviparous species are capable of laying eggs in fiction.
- Egg MacGuffin: Someone discovers a mysterious egg. It hatches.
- Eggshell Clothing: An eggshell being used as clothing.
- Egg Sitting: Someone (usually a student) taking care of an egg.
- Evil Egg Eater: Animals that eat eggs are treated as vile thieves.
- Pattern-Coded Eggs: A fictional animal's egg matches the color and pattern of the animal inside it.
- Proj-egg-tile: An egg is launched or thrown at an enemy.
- Raw Eggs Make You Stronger: The idea that eating raw eggs increases your strength.
- Smashed Eggs Hatching: An egg that releases a creature when broken.
- Whale Egg: A mammal or other creature that doesn't lay eggs hatches from or lays an egg.