The character sheet for The Advisors Alliance.
Beware of spoilers.
NOTE: Characters from Part Two, Growling Tiger Roaring Dragon, will also be included here for the time being.
As a whole
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: Played for Laughs. The members are regularly arrested, tortured, and thrown in prison while its often joked about that the real master of the household is Zhang Chunhua.
- Call to Agriculture: Following Sima Yi breaking into the royal harem to save a young Cao Rui's life, Sima Yi and Sima Fu are stripped of their official titles and the entire family is banished to their home province.
- Came Back Strong: Cao Pi's last will reinstated Sima Yi as one of four regents to oversee Cao Rui's rule. As such, they returned to Luoyang with enough power and influence to rival the Cao and Xiahou clans.
- The Clan: Sima Fang was a long-serving eunuch of Cao Cao, Sima Yi was a close confidant of Cao Pi and would later become a regent under Cao Pi then eventually Imperial Chancellor following deposing Cao Shuang.
- It Runs in the Family: Almost every member has joked about poisoning someone at least once.
- Multigenerational Household: Three generations of Simas are living in the household for most of the series.
- Parent-Child Team: Sima Yi's sons, particularly Sima Shi early on, often accompany him on the battlefield.
The main character of the series and head of the Sima family.
- Arranged Marriage: With Lady Guo, as Cao Pi wanted a means to monitor Sima Yi under the pretense of having better control of his family since Zhang Chunhua has the final say in many things.
- Butt-Monkey: For a man of his position, he gets thrown in prison, stabbed, tortured, and pushed around by his wife a lot.
- Faking the Dead: Pulls one to lull Yang Xiu and Ding Yi into a false sense of security so he can discreetly investigate the real authors of the Clothes Edict.
- Henpecked Husband: Sima Yi may be the head of the household in name, but Zhang Chunhua holds all the power.
- Hes Back: Pulls one with evidence supporting the innocence of his father after seemingly being killed by Xun You's guards.
- Pulls another one following the death of Cao Pi and coronation of Cao Rui as the former had reinstated him as Regent.
- Odd Couple: With Cao Pi. Especially early on, Cao Pi was very outgoing and decadent while Sima Yi was reserved and humble. They became friends on the basis they both had the talent and ambition the other lacked.
- Refusal of the Call: Initially uninterested in participating in politics due to the stress and danger it placed on his father, going so far as to cripple his legs to avoid Cao Cao scouting him. He gets forced into politics after Cao Cao threatens his family.
- Screw the War, We're Partying!: During the siege of Chengchan, Sima Yi's relief force arrived 10 days later than ordered as they had set up camp numerous times along the way.
- Justified as Sima Yi knew Cao Zhen would most likely send him on a suicide mission had he arrived on time, thus receiving military punishment for being late after the siege concluded was the favorable alternative.
- The Strategist
- Tough Love: Particularly towards Zhao. While Zhao is smarter than his older brother, he is less trusting and prone to rash decisions so Sima Yi constantly scolds him.
- Worthy Opponent:
- Saw Yang Xiu as one in his youth and fondly recalls their feuding from time to time.
- Considers Zhuge Liang as his destined opponent.
First wife of Sima Yi.
- Action Girl: Was a ranger living in the countryside who had an infamous hot-streak. Cooled off significantly after marrying Sima Yi, but still liable to threaten someone at sword-point.
- Almighty Mom: Everyone in the Sima household fears her, and its often joked that she's the real head of the family.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Doesn't appreciate Lady Bai getting close to Sima Yi.
- Cool Big Sis: To Lady Guo.
- Demoted to Extra: Lampshaded, but ultimately averted. When the Sima family returns to their new home in the capital following Cao Pi's death, Lady Bai and her daughter were already waiting in their new house. Zhang Chunhua remarks that she will stay in the room in the east wing from then on, the same wing Lady Bai resided in their previous house, but Sima Yi consults with and spends time with Chunhua more.
- Lethal Chef: Averted. Assists Hou Ji in cooking as she makes Sima Yi's favorite dishes just the way he likes them.
- She isn't above threatening to poison his or Lady Bai's food however.
- Mama Bear: Don't even think about threatening her boys.
- Tough Love: Very tough on Sima Shi and Zhao in order to live up to the family name.
- Violently Protective Girl Friend: Killed a servant who was a spy of Cao Cao after he witnessed Sima Yi walking when his legs still should have been crippled.
Eldest son of Sima Yi and Zhang Chunhua. Husband to Xiahou Hui.
- Back from the Dead: Despite being knocked off his horse, wounded in his leg, and his unit surrounded by the Wu army during the battle of Shiting, Sima Shi barely manages to return to camp days after his unit went missing during the initial retreat.
- Big Damn Heroes: Led a cavalry detachment with Xiahou Dun to stop the execution of his father and Cao Zhi.
- Sibling Team: With Zhao.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: More personable and a skilled fighter compared to Zhao.
Second son of Sima Yi and Zhang Chunhua. Husband to Wang Yuanji.