LEGO Worlds is a 2015 sandbox game where you can build a LEGO world made entirely of LEGO bricks.
Released very quietly in June 2015 in Early Access on Steam. It received a full release on March 7, 2017 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, with a version for the Nintendo Switch releasing later on.
Tropes found in LEGO Worlds include:
- Built with LEGO: Taking after The LEGO Movie, everything in the game is made out of LEGO, ranging from the mountains, the clouds, even to the water.
- Continuity Nod: Many LEGO Themes are represented in LEGO Worlds, including LEGO City, LEGO Castle, LEGO Pirates, LEGO Mars Mission, LEGO Agents, LEGO Power Miners, LEGO Minifigures, Atlantis, Pharaoh's Quest, Ninjago, LEGO Dino, Monster Fighters, LEGO Ultra Agents, Mixels, Nexo Knights, and Classic LEGO Space.
- Dem Bones: Skeletons are one of the many player avatars.
- The unlockable character, "Dragon Wizard", shoots these as his default attack, which travels onwards until it hits terrain, whereupon it causes a dent.
- One of the rideable mounts, Burnard from Mixels, also shoots fireballs.
- Horse of a Different Color: While the game does feature horses as a rideable mount, the game also allows the player to ride elephants, polar bears, camels, huskies, ostriches, and many more.
- No Plot? No Problem!: The game just tells you to explore and do whatever you want.
- Ostrich Head Hiding: The ostriches occasionally do this, at least until you start riding on it.
- Recycled IN SPACE!: This game is Minecraft and Starbound BUT IN LEGO!
- Scenery Porn: The game certainly has no shortage of procedurally-generated landscapes, built out of individually-rendered LEGO bricks, no less.
- Shout-Out: Does the name on the rocket ship seem a bit familiar to those who are interested in underrated Sega Genesis games? As an added bonus, both games were made by Traveller's Tales.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Several weapons create big explosions and leave satisfying craters.
- Wide-Open Sandbox: The whole game is, for lack of a better term, built around exploring, unlocking various objects, characters, mounts, vehicles and models, and then building whatever you please, while altering the landscape however you wish.
- Wutai: The Ornamental Gardens biome, full of Pagodas and cherry trees. Also, one of the preset builds you can make is a samurai castle.