- Schrödinger's Player Character: Shintetsu only had one child, but the player chooses whether it was male or female.
- Schrödinger's Player Character: Following a questionnaire at the beginning which determines which Beast is summoned, it's revealed to be the same Beast that Shintetsu knew.
A Mechanoid-type that can't speak in the language of humans, but it acknowledges its master as a close friend and always supports him/her.
Shintetsu one promised this Fairy-type Beast to be the fiance of his son, and she is very excited about it (even if it turns out he had a daughter instead).
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She gets upset nearly every time Cleru or Pratty talks to a woman.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her whole name is Sugarette, but good luck finding that out.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: As sweet as her name implies.
- Single-Target Sexuality
A young Oni-type King who, for some reason, highly respects Amariss.
A dog-like Beast-type creature that's as smart as a dog. It doesn't take to humans easily, but it loves its master and the people around him/her.
A fellow apprentice in the Silver Guild, Sanary is the younger sister of Master Kouren, the Craftlord of Ruby.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She progressively changes into a more typical Tsundere.
- Go-Go Enslavement: Sanary is victim of this at one point, being dressed up as a Meido. You can watch her serving some enemy soldiers (and secretly enjoying herself since the outfit is cute); and if you keep on observing rather than fighting the enemies right away, the post-battle banter will be hilarious.
- Lethal Chef: Rescuing Sanary from soldiers has her attempt at cooking attack you in a Boss Battle.
The son of Libody, the Gold Guild's head. Often referred to as a genius, he is even more arrogant than Chaves.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- The Lancer: He tends to act as the second person in charge when he and the protagonist are together. And he uses spears.
- The Rival: Varil declares himself this to the main character in the first game.
Bron's niece, Razzy dresses as a boy because she believes she needs to act masculine to be a good Craftknight.
- Ambiguous Gender Identity: Most characters call her a girl, but she seems to struggle with wanting to be a boy vs wanting to be more girly.
- Genki Girl
- She Cleans Up Nicely: She switches to a yellow sundress in her final event, leaving the protagonist in shock at how cute she is.
- Sweet Polly Oliver
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Chaves has a large muscle bound frame four times the square area of any other human opponent. He is stupidly easy to beat, and the second time you fight him, he can be killed in a few hits. To make things worse, his BFS is no harder for the player character to use than a basic axe.
- Sore Loser: He claims your victory was because of your Guardian Beast, despite the fact that he didn't summon his. Bonus points if you didn't actually use your Beast in this battle.
- Internal Reformist: One late game conversation with Kenon has him give this as his reason for remaining in the Gold Guild.
- Worthy Opponent: Kenon is very respectful and notes his loss was due to the player character being better than them. This is a sharp (and explicitly noted) contrast to the rest of the gold guild.
Ariel & Mariel
The former great Craftlord of Iron, and the father of Cleru/Pratty.
- Chick Magnet: His kid got it from somewhere. Amariss, Kouren, and Sugar (assuming she was his Guardian Beast) all fell for him.
- Heroic Sacrifice: It's clear he died doing something heroic, but it's vague as to what. He put his soul into four swords to seal Parista, giving his life so his Guardian Beast didn't have to.
- Posthumous Character
A Craftlord that respects Shintetsu, and is a dependable teacher to his son/daughter.
- Ill Girl: Rumari is cursed with a perpetual 'heat disease' and must while away the remainder of her days in a quiet little town.
Sanary's older brother, and the Craftlord of Ruby.
- The Mourning After: Though they weren't in a relationship, she never fully recovered from Shintetsu's death.
The owner of the Silver Guild, and a good friend of Shintetsu.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Bron can be goofy and eccentric, but he was also once in line to be the next Craftlord of Amber.
- Hopeless Suitor: Towards Amariss.
Cleru/Pratty's mother, and the late Shintetsu's wife.
- Almighty Mom: Despite appearing like an ordinary house wife, she has all the connections and knows all the tidbits required to help out from the sidelines.
The owner of the Gold Guild, and Varil's father.
A Summon Beast of Fire that wants revenge against Shintetsu.
- Last of Their Kind: The last descendant of the Edge Fencers.
- Schrödinger's Player Character
- Super Mode: Monoshift.
- Walking Techbane
Edgar Colthearts (Ejji Korutohātsu)
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: A noble blond hero.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He looks like a younger Graham.
Aera Colthearts (Ea Korutohātsu)
- Ambiguously Bi: She's blatantly attracted to women, but also has some Ship Tease with Orin, Ryouga, and Gabriel.
- Cute Clumsy Girl
- Transparent Closet
- Zettai Ryouiki
- Schrödinger's Player Character / Schrödinger's Question: Early on, the player spots a Beast in trouble, and is asked to describe it. The answer given determines which of the four is there, and thus who the Edge Fencer partners with.
EX-e-LD (イグゼルド, Iguzerudo)
- Heroic BSoD: EXeLD has a bad habit of literally BSOD-ing whenever something occurs that he deems "impossible".
- Macross Missile Massacre: EXeLD's Omni Missile.
- Transforming Mecha
- Apologises a Lot: Angel!Dinah, to make up for Devil!Dinah's rather rude behaviour.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Angel!Dinah is probably the sweetest character in the game, but she'd be more than happy for something terrible to happen to Devil!Dinah so she can posses her permanently.
- Card-Carrying Villain: It comes with being a devil."I'm evil incarnate!"
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Devil!Dinah
- Demonic Possession: Inverted; Dinah is a devil possessed by an angel.
- Little Miss Snarker
- Tsundere: Devil!Dinah tends to use snark and insults to cover up her real feelings. Unfortunately for her, Angel!Dinah is more than happy to explain this.
- Yin-Yang Bomb: Romantic Bomb, her strongest spell, uses both her angel and devil powers to use.
The father of Edgar/Aera.
The leader of the Craftknights in Cliff Village, and a friend of the late Graham Colthearts.
- Eyes Always Shut: Unless he's saying something dramatic; then he gets an Eyedscreen.
- Ill Boy: He's cursed early on and spends most of the game stuck in bed.
- Parental Substitute: He's basically Edgar/Aera's father after Graham's death.
- Fighting Your Friend: Twice. Once in a friendly duel, then later while brainwashed.
The main character's best friend. He's truly a stray summon creature that was rescued by Lynn.
- Fighting Your Friend: Despite their different sides, he and the protagonist consider each other friends.
- Noble Demon: He may be working against you, but he tends to fight fair. He's outright disgusted by some of Gedharm's unscrupulous methods, even scaring him off to keep you safe.
- Not Quite Dead: It seems like he dies in a Monoshift blast, but he shows up again later.
A summon creature pretending to be a human living in Cliff Village, living with Ryouga as his sister.
- Bi the Way: She'll flirt with both Edgar and Aera.
- Hime Cut
- I Will Find You: She spends the game looking for Ryouga.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: To the point her first line in the game is flashing Aera.
Nina Nina (Nīnya Nīnya)
A summoner whose body was stolen by Passeau, leaving her as just a spirit.
- Alliterative Name: Nina Nina.
The Summon Spirit that stole Nina's body, she fights against the last Edge Fencer due to having a crush on Ryouga.
Toumei (トウメイ, Toumei)
A Summon Creature from Silturn.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He seems like a total weirdo, but his exorcist powers are nothing to laugh at.
The leader of a group of humans and summon creatures known as the Wind Brigade.
- Big Damn Heroes: He shows up to save the hero from Ryouga.
- Little Bit Beastly: He's either a wolf or dog beast.
- The Mole: He's the Black Swordsman.
- You Can't Go Home Again: He wants nothing more than to return to Maetropa, but he's trapped here.
A mechanoid soldier, and Gabriel's best friend.
Gedharm Camcarossa (Gedō Kamukarossa)
- Expy: Of Lubert.
- Card-Carrying Villain: He doesn't care how disgraceful the means, he's just here to win.
- Obviously Evil
An ancient evil that is released by Ryouga early in the story.
Ritchburn (リッチバーン, Ricchibān) / Retchie (リッチー, Ricchī)
The male protagonist.
Rifmonica (リフモニカ, Rifumonika) / Rif (リフ, Rifu)
The female protagonist.