Be warned that all spoilers are unmarked. It's virtually impossible to list tropes for this roleplay and its characters without spoiling everything or creating Self Fulfilling Spoilers.
Super High School Level Seinen MangakaNo one truly knew who famous mangaka LACE was for quite some time, besides the fact that she was feminine based on her pseudonym and her mannerisms online—and even that was debatable. An obscure persona for such a staggeringly popular status seemed pretty odd, which led to many speculations. After theories ranging from a low-life insomniac hikikomori to a whole team kept under one name, many didn't expect LACE to literally live up to her girly name.The odd mangaka Ai Kimoto started off uploading fanart, 4komas and miscellaneous sketches until she began to develop her own characters and build them up into a small series of her own, eventually becoming published on Weekly Young Jump—all under the alias LACE. Her popularity spiked online on her blog and pixiv, especially among high school boys, when her first and main series Double-Edged Rebound won the Manga Taisho Award when she was fifteen. Many were drawn by the mix of a detailed and stylistic art style and fell head over heels for its gritty characters and their designs. Now that her real name is released alongside the news of her acceptance into Hopes Peak, only now is she becoming a little more open towards her fans online.
- Asshole Victim: A lot of her classmates seem somewhat on the fence about whether or not Kaito's attack was justified because of this.
- Clear My Name: Must do this after being framed for Mamimi's murder in Chapter 2.
- The Fashionista: When she does leave the house, she's a big fan of dressing up in Lolita-style clothing.
- Like Is, Like, a Comma: She, like, adds like quite a bit when she's talking.
- Pen Name: Goes by "LACE" (yes, in all caps) online and on her manga.
- Shout-Out: Ai receives Chiyoko Ishihara's (DA4U) headband from the Item Machine.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Custard pudding.
Super High School Level Physician's AssistantThough nothing was publicly known about Akio before the most recent summer, hes made quite a splash in the medical world. Akio has donated every minute of his time outside of school helping the doctors and nurses at Hopes Hospital keep patients alive and well. He has done everything the staff asked of him, from performing basic checkups to even assisting during surgery flawlessly. For his demonstrations of vast medical knowledge and massive dedication to the well-being of his patients, Akio has earned the title of SHSL Physicians Assistant and plans to spend every day helping those around him. He is the culprit for chapter 3 and is executed for the murder of Amaterasu.
- Creepy Good: Very fond of grotesquely detailed worst case scenarios. His expression and tone changes are also sudden and scary, but he snaps in defense of other people.
- Dressed to Heal: Labcoat, stethoscope, glasses and all.
- Eye Color Change: To red when he gets upset. Only made possible because he's secretly a robot.
- Heart Drive: He has a chip that makes him all that he is, personality and capabilities and all. It was destroyed at the finale of his execution.
- Improbable Age: Performs certain procedures and assists with surgery as a teenager.
- Meaningful Name: Akio as in AK10.
- The Medic: Or one of them, at least.
- Robotic Reveal: He lifts his shirt to reveal wires underneath, and removes his glove to show his robotic hand.
- Shout-Out: Akio receives Daisuke Fujiwara's (DA5K) Nintendo DS from the Item Machine, as well as Riku Fujino's (DA5K) costume suit.
Super High School Level Bug Fight ChampionThe girl with the strange title and stranger name, Amaterasu is a world-renown insect fighting champion. With an eye for spotting inhuman talent, a strong grasp on arthropodology, and a tactical genius that would have soldiers blushing at the thought; Amaterasu is a force to be reckoned with in the insect fighting world. Although she certainly begs curiosity with her oddness and quiet voice, she also commands a great deal of respect amongst her peers. She is the third victim, stabbed in the trachea by Akio.
- Make Sure He's Dead: There were finger swipes around her neck, possibly left if Akio was to check for a pulse.
- Shout-Out: Amaterasu receives Ayako Itou's (DA3A) hair dye from the Item Machine, as well as Hayate Shimakazi's (DA4U) Kumamon body suit, and Leon's Baseball Bat from the original Danganronpa game.
Super High School Level Multi-InstrumentalistThe half-Japanese APKALLU was born to one of the most famous Norwegian black metal musicians in the history of the world and a Japanese business executive - a higher up in a big-name instrument manufacturing company. From birth, APKALLU has displayed a remarkable aptitude for playing any instrument they got their hands on, and an equally remarkable aptitude for staying out of the public spotlight despite frequent displays of their proficiency on piano, guitar, drums, or Really, anything. At first billed as The Prodigy Child Of Tokyo-Oslo, their real name has been kept from the public in order to help them keep away from the pressures of early stardom. That didnt last long, however, as soon they came out with their first album under the moniker APKALLU, called MANIFOLD, to rave reviews for the technical complexity of the compositions of the songs as well as the utter skill required to play the songs. Having written and performed the entirety of the album only makes the mystery of APKALLU more intriguing - as well as their particular presence on social media. They are one of two victims in Chapter 4, stabbed in the face by Chou Nakahara, effectively breaking their skull.
- Shout-Out: APKALLU receives Keita Yamaguchi's (DA4O) glasses from the Item Machine.
Super High School Level Insect CollectorFrom the fleas you find in your pets hair to the beetles called Titans, one collector in Japan has it all- Chou Nakahara. Being Japan's foremost collector of live, rare or endangered species of insects, their collection of bugs has won awards for being ridiculously expansive- covering an entire propertys worth of land. Her claim to fame is not only the collection shes acquired, but also the blog they run sharing pictures of her bugs, as well as making posts regarding endangered insects, educating people on the art of pinning insects, and more. She is the culprit of Chapter 4 and is executed for the murder of Captain Kaito Adachi and APKALLU.
- Artificial Limbs: Appears to be the bearer of a bright green prosthetic arm.
- But Not Too Foreign: Japanese/French.
- Collector of the Strange: She collects insects for a living.
- Deadpan Snarker: She's got a very, very dry sense of humor, rarely cracking a joke if ever. And when she does, it's snarky.
- Inelegant Blubbering: When discovered as the Chapter 4 culprit, they slip into a semi-poetic and confusing rant, rambling and generally putting the other students in the trial off quite awkwardly.
- Meaningful Name: Chou means butterfly. In addition, her name may be a French pun. Being that she has French background, the term 'mon chou' means 'my cabbage', or 'mon chouchou' which essentially means 'my pet'. Chou wears green themed outfits, and cabbage is usually green. This makes her name somewhat of a play on words.
- Not Good with People: Has a reputation for being rather cold and detached, even though Chou hates this perception of themself. This seems to be the case, leading into the end of Chapter 4, seeing as she killed two people.
- Official Couple: Is officially in a relationship with Sarara Orikasa.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Has a new outfit every week.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Is it natural? Is it dyed? Who knows.
Super High School Level Hanami EnthusiastNobody in the world cares about hanami as much as Eisuke Hirakawa. Whether its taking photos of various hanami related activities or giving instructions for DIY projects related to hanami, you can find almost anything related to the tradition on his blog. With a countdown clock that shows the estimated amount of time until the next hanami season, his blog is a paradise for any hanami fanatic like him. Even in the time between hanami season, Eisukes blog still regularly updates, showing his extreme enthusiasm and dedication to all things hanami.
- Consulting Mister Puppet: He speaks for and with his stuffed bear almost constantly.
Super High School Level Canine FreestylerFAHRENHEIT that is, DEGREES FAHRENHEIT is a rising star in the world of Musical Canine Freestyle along his energetic partner, CELSIUS. While hes won a few titles in events sponsored by groups dedicated to the sport, hes probably best known for all the videos on his routines and boy, does he do a ton of them. From literal breakdancing to waltz to even square-dancing, hes done it all. Sure, watching an attractive dude and a cute dog in themed outfits dance to a good song is pretty good, but their skill and bond is undeniable. And with the way this dudes shooting up the ranks and into peoples hearts, you could say hes on fire. (Get it. Because his name has to do with temperature.) Killed by falling debris during the Ateitis-Praetis merge in Chapter 5.
- But Not Too Foreign: Half-Japanese, half-Dominican. Looks very much not Japanese.
- The Charmer: While he does seem like a Casanova initially, he's a lot less obsessed with scoring. Doesn't mean he doesn't score a lot regardless, though. And gloat about it.
- Cute Little Fangs: Not visible when his mouth is closed, though his canines (hah) are a lot larger than the norm.
- Delinquent Hair: Sports a pompadour, carefully and lovingly maintained. Refuses to ever wear his hair normally.
- Face of a Thug: Has tattoos, Delinquent Hair, wears a jacket, has a collar, looks big and muscular and talks in a rather rugged fashion, except he's very much not a thug. Maybe a little bit.
- List of Transgressions: With the most terrible thing he's done being "mean to his mother".
- Mr. Fanservice: Wears a sleeveless v-neck for the sole purpose of showing off his muscles once he takes the jacket off.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Hardly said anything prior to his death.
Super High School Level PhilosopherIt came as a surprise to nobody when the only son of a well-reputed leadoff hitter and a Hopes Peak endorsed doctor was invited to the school, but when most hear Genta Sugais rise to fame came in the form of a twenty-one yen e-book online, it comes as a bit of a shock. 'The Finite Possibility', written under the pen name Phi, rose to underground literary acclaim within the span of a week across the world and succeeded in reviving conversation surrounding the philosophical side of possibility in several universities across Japan.In spite of his affluent lineage, however, Genta himself is said to be a bit of an enigma; reporters seeking personal accounts of his person have found descriptions of the author to be just as varied as his subject matter. Whether the one attending Hopes Peak is the genuine article or not has remained up for debate, in spite of proof of his identity being secured otherwise.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Usually from on top of his head to his eyes and back again.
- Blinding Bangs: At the beginning of the chapter 2 investigation, until Holly gives him hairclips.
- Devil's Advocate: Engages in this role in chapters 1 and 2 to defend those being accused of murder.
- Paralysis by Analysis: He just couldn't pick between the two suspects for chapter 2 and ended up defaulting his vote.
- Working Through the Cold: During chapter 3, he visibly wears a facemask throughout the trial. His plans to disrupt TWELVE weren't worked through, though.
Super High School Level Fire DancerComing from a family of accomplished artists, it was no surprise for a young Hisae Kojima to emerge from the blaze forged by her father as a festival dancer. Making appearances at large festivals such as the Bon Festival (even performing in the Kyoto iteration of Bon Odori) and Gion Matsuri, she gained a local following and essentially became a favorable inspiration for young dancers of Kyoto. As she grew older, she became a little bored with tradition, and on a trip overseas to visit her older brother, she discovered the art of fire dancing. For her traditional Japanese dance background, fire dance was relatively unheard ofso, she devoted her time to learning the art and brought it back to Japan with her, creating a name and reputation for herself among festival performers of Japan with her unusual twist on tradition. This reputation is what earned her a place at Hopes Peak Academy. Killed by falling debris during the Ateitis-Praetis merge in Chapter 5.
- Shout-Out: Hisae receives Natsumi Kawaguchi's (DA5K) Oompa Loompa from the Item Machine, as well as the Rocket Hammer from Overwatch.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Hardly said anything prior to her death.
Super High School Level Water Polo PlayerThe riptide queen who stole the hearts of every self-respecting Californian has finally swum her way right through the golden gates of the esteemed Hopes Peak Academy. Boasting the best stats in her age group out of anyone in the world and two different instances of Olympic scouting, Holly is set to make history as one of the biggest breakout stars of high school athletics. With her brilliant strategies, quick wit and even quicker reflexes, Holly has almost as much raw star power as physical prowess. Her interviews and tireless endeavors to make water polo a more respected and mainstream sport are as famous as her actual achievements on the playing field, and through her actions, she has amassed a fan following that has bled over into pop culture.
- All Up to You: Stands in for Michiko to help the sick and injured class at the end of trial 3.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: You don't get to be the captain of a nationally acclaimed water polo team by being a softie.
- Child Prodigy: She's been playing water polo since the age of seven, and has been team captain since age 9.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Brown eyes and brown hair, more or less.
- Famed In-Story: Has gained quite a following on social media.
- Go-Getter Girl: Holly has devoted her life and all of her spare time to her sport and athletics in general.
- Hot-Blooded: The girl is about as chill as an active volcano.
- Meaningful Name: Fuentes refers to a spring, a body of water.
- Military Brat: Both her father and brother are in the army.
- Motor Mouth: Talks fast, and thinks even faster. Even she can't keep up with herself.
- Multicolored Hair: Brown with streaks of blonde and blue.
- Official Couple: Is in a relationship with Michiko Shoji. Spicy!
- Wounded Hero, Weaker Helper: After she passes out in chapter 2, she needs two people to help carry her out.
Super High School Level GhostwriterIf you lurked around sites like Fiction Press, Writer's Cafe, or other writing forums and Japanese sites, youve probably seen his username or profile around. Maybe you hear him mentioned or see his prices, either way, youll know that Jamie is a very popular ghostwriter in both western and eastern communities writing and proofreading for scripts, songs, and books. His prices are very high and slots are limited in his commissions due to popular demand, making it hard to get him to work with you.On top of this, his two published books, High Tides and Of Hanako, are extremely popular among young adults and teenagers. Limited edition versions of the books can be found floating around for high prices because the fanbases for the two are so large.
- All-Loving Hero: He doesn't tend to dislike people and does his best to see the best in everyone. Or at least was the case up until Chapter 4's motive.
- Bishōnen: Very feminine in looks and actions.
- Brutal Honesty: If he feels strongly about something, he won't sugarcoat how he feels. Even if it's mean.
- But Not Too Foreign: Despite his English name, he was born and raised in Tokyo, having had an American father.
- Covert Pervert: Made allusions to wanting to sleep with TWELVE in Chapter 1.
- Goth: Or at least he dresses in all black. He reveals in his relationship page that he thinks he has no sense of fashion.
- Insufferable Genius: Assumes that since he's probably had to write about a topic in the past, he has enough knowledge on it to speak about it, even if that's not the case.
- Nice Guy: He likes people to like him, the best way to do so is to be nice after all.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Inspired by The Looking Glass's character Faceless.
- Peek-a-Bangs: When his hair is unstyled, his bangs cover his right eye.
- Shout-Out: Jamie receives a crossbow from the Item Machine, referencing the show Game of Thrones.
Capt. Kaito Adachi
Super High School Level Crab FishermanKaito Adachi first came into the public eye on Crabbers of the Arctic, a reality show that followed the daily activities of an Alaskan crab fishing crew. Unable to compete with a certain other crab fishing show in the United States, Crabbers of the Arctic was recorded in Japanese and broadcast solely in Japan. At Adachis insistence, the show focused not only on backbreaking working conditions, but also the dark underbelly of the international king crab trade. His screentime was frequently used to highlight little-known connections to the Japanese fishing industry, adding an educational touch to an otherwise simple TV show. Crabbers of the Arctics producers werent the only members of the production under his thumb, however - despite his age, Adachis work ethic and terrifying presence quickly elevated him to the position of first mate. Upon the captains health-related early retirement, not a single crewmate objected to him taking the helm. At age 18, he became the youngest captain of a commercial fishing vessel in Alaskan history. He was one of two victims in Chapter 4, dying of organ failure wrought by a poison placed in coffee by Chou Nakahara.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: He is easily the most competent person on his boat, and incredibly strong.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: To be the captain of a crab fishing boat, you have to be a pretty strong person.
- The Captain: The youngest in Alaskan history, of a crab fishing boat.
- Meaningful Name: Kai- refers to the ocean.
- Rugged Scar: Obtained from a buoy while reeling it in.
- Shout-Out: Kaito receives Tae-Hyun Park's (DA4U) flower crown from the Item Machine.
- Would Hit a Girl: His reaction to believing Ai is guilty of Mamimi's murder.
Super High School Level CameramanNot an actor, director or writer, but a vital part of the crew nonetheless. While by no means famous, Kazuki Tanos impact in the world of television can not be denied. From his humble beginnings as an assistant camera operator to his freelancer parents, to his current role within the Tokusatsu Laboratory at Toei Company, Kazuki has always found his true home to behind the camera lens, capturing on film explosions and intense fights alike. While hell likely never be as famous as the actors in front of the camera, youll find no-one happier to work on the sidelines as Kazuki Tano. Killed by falling debris during the Ateitis-Praetis merge in Chapter 5.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Hardly said anything prior to his death.
Super High School Level Contemporary Novelist
- Attention Whore: Does not like when people ignore her, and will not hesitate to be loud or violent if it means people will pay attention to her.
- Bloodless Carnage: The pool washed away the blood that her forehead wound caused.
- But Not Too Foreign: Half-American. Her natural hair color is blonde.
- Drowning Pit: Senji turns the Hotel Pool into a makeshift one of these, and drowns Mamimi in it after knocking her out with a folded-up tripod.
- Jerkass: Shown to take unabashed pleasure in the misfortunes of her classmates, most of which she causes.
- Proud Beauty: Shes very aware of her good looks, and isnt shy about flaunting them to get what she wants.
- The Unapologetic: While she will apologize for her mean-spirited remarks, she does so with an attitude that suggests she finds the very idea of apology ridiculous.
Super High School Level Energy Transfer SpecialistBorn in the City of Yokohama to a physics professor and a concert pianist, Masashi always had a knack for the subject his father taught. Around the age of 14, he discovered Rube Goldberg machines (commonly referred to as Pythagorean Devices in Japan) and spent most of his free time assembling them. After a video-gone-viral of Masashi showing off one of his many creations, he was pulled every which way to appear on talk shows and the like. With his own video portfolio of Rube Goldberg machines posted online and his growing renown, it didnt take long for Masashi to receive an invitation for the national Rube Goldberg Contest in America, despite being a young high school student surrounded by groups of kids from colleges around that country. It was no surprise to the fans of his work that he won, and soon after he was invited to attend Hopes Peak Academy.
- Punch Catch: Stops Holly from punching TWELVE, which would've led to her execution. With his face.
Super High School Level Medic
- Competition Freak: Even completely innocent activities can become competitive battlegrounds for Michiko.
- The Fashionista: Tends to wear beautiful designer clothes, from lines that haven't even been released yet.
- Improbable Age: She's a bit young to be practicing medicine on the level that she is.
- Official Couple: Is in a relationship with Holly Fuentes. Spicy!
Super High School Level CryptozoologistComing from a line of critically acclaimed photographers, a small hobby that started with taping strange animals and places while traveling soon developed into a v-log of paranormal experiences for Minori Rosset, now one of the most well-known names in the cryptozoological field. Although most of their work lies in a variety of follow-up research and critical theories, they are best known for their release of what is commonly called the Rosset Footage: a high-resolution clip of the Norwegian fish-like Seljord Sea-Serpent herself, moving between trees into the surf. Despite controversy over the legitimacy of the film, to this day, skeptics have been unable to fully disprove its contents, earning Minoris work both a sizable cult following and a measure of brief public infamy, and making their later acceptance to Hopes Peak no surprise. With their videos now reaching several million hits and being uploaded regularly, Minori has been able to visit many sites of cryptozoological interest across Japan with the financial support of their fans, including Hokkaidos Lake Kussharo and Mt. Tsurugi. Killed by falling debris during the Ateitis-Praetis merge in Chapter 5.
- Shout-Out: Minori receives Nanase Otakita's (DA1) golden crown from the Item Machine, as well as Sunny Murdoch's (DA4O) boxing gloves and athletic tape.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Hardly said anything prior to their death.
Super High School Level Fashion StylistMirai Yano is the saint of the japanese fashion world. Her career started from writing a blog dedicated to Japanese street fashion. Later, her career grew from blogging, flourishing into cooperation with a youth fashion magazine LOTUS. Following many shots and covers with LOTUS, Mirai moved on to work with a renown idol group A.M.P.M consisting of four members. The fame of the idol group drew the public eye towards her shots. True fame bestowed upon her in the eyes of aspiring fashionistas, whisking her into the privilege of creating shots with well known brands and celebrities. Killed by falling debris during the Ateitis-Praetis merge in Chapter 5.
- Shout-Out: Mirai receives Fumiko Wakahisa's (DA2W) giant fork from the Item Machine.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Owns many different clothes. Too many.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Hardly said anything prior to her death.
Super High School Level Minecraft Let's PlayerWeve all heard of it before, whether its been from a younger sibling or a suggested video on Youtube: Minecraft. Chances are, you havent played it yourself; after all, a large fraction of the audience tends to be people under the age of 10, but you mightve seen Misutos videos floating around Youtube. Though the majority of Minecraft L Pers target a younger audience with their videos in order to gain popularity, Misuto (also known by their gamer tag, xXMisut0_the_MinerXx) has managed to collect a large following of members from all generations. In addition to this, due to their fluency in Japanese, English, and French, his popularity reach has spread to many reaches of the world. Combined with their clever commentary, their heartfelt relationship with their audiences and stellar gameplay skills, Mitsunos skill at the game has revived its once-deceased fanbase and launched them to the top of the charts on several video sharing websites.
- Fun Personified: As expected of a popular Let's Player, they are almost always upbeat even when it's inappropriate to be. Unfortunately, they happen to be surrounded by the fun police a lot of the time.
Super High School Level Otome Gamer「 I love you! 」Otome games, dating sims marketed toward female gamers, are a genre of video games that is most established in Japan. Sakura Aihara, previously only known by her first name online, saw her rise in fame due to the popularity of her blog, Cherry Colored Love, which holds an impressive archive of otome game reviews and walkthroughs, posted faster than any other blog could boast. It was hardly a surprise to fans when the girl behind the blog was scouted for Hopes Peak Academy. Killed by falling debris during the Ateitis-Praetis merge in Chapter 5.
- Blinding Bangs: Which happen to make her resemble the majority of main character avatars in otome games.
- Shout-Out: Sakura receives Date Masamune's (DA5K) jacket from the Item Machine.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Hardly said anything prior to her death.
Super High School Level Art CuratorThe Orikasa family-owned art gallery had kept the small town of Nakata alive with its tourist revenue for over a century until one day, its elderly owner fell sick, sending the long-time cultural landmark into a deep financial decline. Right when all hope seemed lost, the owners teenage granddaughter Sarara took over operations, not only managing the gallery but using the expertise shed acquired from her grandparents all her life to promote art history as a genuine curator. While the reserved girl couldnt be called a superstar, her revival of a historic gallery and her entry into classical arts academia at such a young age has gained super-high-school-levels of attention from cultural organisations worldwide.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Well, goodness, that's enough cussing for one bullet point.
- Nice Girl: Is very concerned with presenting herself as an inoffensive person to others, as a result of anxiety.
- Not So Above It All: Has been known to let her hair down with alcohol, gossip, and even swear! Shameful.
- Official Couple: Is in an relationship with Chou Nakahara, however shortly after the "official" reveal of this fact, Sarara was quickly widowed due to Chou being executed. Tragic love story.
- Rapunzel Hair: Down to around her upper leg.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: Although her grandparents' art gallery was nearly formally bankrupt before she famously rescued it, her upbringing and family background were quasi-aristocratic, and her ways can't be described as anything but 'sheltered' as a result.
- Skilled, but Naïve: While Sarara has an incredibly expansive knowledge of art history, handling, and restoration, her culture-focused upbringing left her social skills lacking.
- Take Care of the Kids: Akio places her in charge of looking after his dolls before he's executed.
- Wham Line: "I would have adored spending a future with you, Chou."
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Often projected by the media as this due to public perception of her personality and her (family's) patronage of arts/culture, although she doesn't fit this trope so neatly in reality.
Super High School Level Underwater Basket Weaver (Super High School Level Censor)
- Cover Identity Anomaly: He keeps underwater basket weaver intro books in his room, according to Ai.
- Forged Message: Created these to incriminate Ai, down to misspelling his last name to cast doubt away from himself. It almost worked.
- Tears of Fear: Frequently seen crying and panicking during motive reveals. Also seen right before his execution.
Super High School Level Personal AssistantHopes Peak Academy is renowned for selecting their pupils from only Japans best and brightest: it is the norm to find the names of up-and-coming athletes, actors, and scholars, among the list of incoming transfer students. But every now and again, someone appears on the roster who seems to be virtually unknown by the world at large. Sosuke Nakazawa, the personal assistant to the president of Oishi Consumer Finance Co., is just one such example of such a student. Searching for his name yields no pertinent results online, but then again, its hardly surprising to learn that someone with a title like that would be mostly absent from the public eye. Personal assistants mostly work behind the scenes, taking minutes, making appointments, keeping track of finances and travel arrangements perhaps the fact that there is no news about Sosuke Nakazawa simply means that he has been doing his job exceptionally well.
- Surrounded by Idiots: He's happy to let the rest of the class tear each other apart. He even avoided pursuing a suspicious, potentially critical piece of evidence because he assumed it was someone's stupid joke.
Super High School Level SkateboarderGoogling the name Takahiro Yoshinoya brings you to a series of web articles from local skate championships nation wide. Pictures of the young, pink haired wonder scatter themselves not only in the news but on vaporwave and throwback 90s sites worldwide. Takahiro Yoshinoya popularized the skate and 90s revival singlehandedly throughout all of Japan with his unique sense of stylized skating tricks and unique, stand out fashion sense. He is the culprit of Chapter 1 and is executed for the murder of Takeshi.
- The Baby of the Bunch: The youngest in this half of the class.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Or, in this case, highlighter pink hair.
Super High School Level Immunologist
- Official Couple: With Touya Nakashima from Parelthon.
- The Pig Pen: Takeshi stinks. Literally. He doesn't brush his hair, doesn't take care of himself, and doesn't shower.
- Shout-Out: Takeshi receives Midori Kodama's (DA5M) glasses case from the Item Machine, as well as Mimi Arakaki's (DA2W) hair ribbon.
Super High School Level HostSometimes, all you need is a stiff drink and someone to lend an ear, and TWELVE is more than happy to provide... for a price. Part bartender, part therapist, TWELVE offers light-hearted conversation to lonely individuals. With overflowing charisma and a knack for listening, hes the perfect man to vent to if you need to get a load off your chest. Strangely, not much is known about him apart from his name and his profession, but everyone always loves a man of mystery!
- The Charmer: To be a host, he has to be able to get people to open up and relax.
- Scary Teeth: His teeth are sharp enough to break flesh.
Valor Fitzgerald Mckinney
Super High School Level DiplomatBorn into an affluent political family, and hailing from good ole rocky top Tennessee, Valor was first seen in the public spotlight giving extremely persuasive speeches during his fathers campaign for governorship. After his father took office, his first taste of being a diplomat came from acting alongside state representatives. Seeing his son taking an interest in diplomatic relations, the governor used his gubernatorial privileges to secure Valor a job shadow at the closest embassy to the Governors Mansion - The Nashville Consulate-General of Japan. His interest in living in the land of the rising sun, and dream of becoming the US Ambassador to Japan, surfaced after visiting the country while working there. It would also be where he met the actual ambassador to Japan, who decided to take the young man under their wing. Valor halted his high school education to intern at the Japanese Embassy in Washington, D.C. A dinner was held in his honor, where the US President named Valor an honorary ambassador.Needing enough experience to handle working with the worlds third largest economic power underneath the president, Valor entered Japan on a 5 year student visa, began working at the US Consulate, and enrolled into Okinawa Christian School International. His time there would be short, as he received an invitation to Hopes Peak. Valor hopes that his time studying international relations in Japan will provide him with the proper experience needed to confidently handle becoming the president-appointed diplomat to the country, when the time comes.
- Crime Magnet: Discovered the victims of chapter 1 and chapter 2.
- Family Honor: The Mckinney family has produced many politicians that have influenced US history, and Valor holds himself to a high standard in order to live up to that legacy.
- Shout-Out: Valor receives Minako Ito's (DA3E) puppet from the Item Machine.
- Southern-Fried Genius: A prodigal diplomat talented enough to become an honorary ambassador before the age of 20.
- Southern Gentleman: Tennessee born, and sweet as apple pie.
- Youthful Freckles: In reference to the fact that he is currently the youngest born into the Mckinney political family.
Super High School Level Entomologist
- Arranged Marriage: Set up to marry somebody officially, much to her distaste.
- Girly Girl with a Tomboy Streak: Yuka has an incredible interest with the insectile arts, all while appreciating all of the most pink and frilly things in the world- though, she doesn't mind getting said beautiful frills a mess. While she has Messy Hair on a usual basis, her typical style would be Girlish Pigtails, until Chapter 4 where she impulsively (and regrettably) gave herself an undercut.
- Japanese Delinquents: Ripped up seifuku, short skirt, and a tendency to speak in a thuggish tone when irritated denotes her deliquent personality. Not to mention her bad history in not bothering to attend class. It is also revealed that Yuka has traditional Japanese irezumi, the staple tattoo that yakuza tend to wear.
- Loners Are Freaks: Yuka has a public habit of being a loner, and wanting nothing to do with topics that aren't related to her studies. Because of this, she has no social skills.
- Properly Paranoid: In light of Yuka taking her contributions to the Nightwatch Crew up a notch by doing nightly surveillance despite being ill, it is to be noted that it is her paranoia that drives her to be Crazy-Prepared for upcoming trials.
- Shout-Out: Yuka receives Yori Tahara's (DA5K) picture of Vladimir Putin from the Item Machine.
- The Sleepless: Staying up at night for 8-10 hours, just to do Nightwatch with Adachi before he passed on.
- Technicolor Eyes: Bright hot pink. Though, they do appear to be red in some pictures. They are later revealed to be a lie; Yuka's natural eye colour is chocolate brown.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Her outfit keeps changing every chapter, sometimes multiple times a Chapter, all due to the mun being indecisive. They are almost always pink outfits, as Pink Means Feminine and is her favourite colour. Her wardrobe is quite extensive.
- Working Through the Cold: She's very sick but very determined in Chapter 3.