Little Alvin and the Mini-Munks
A friend of Daves who agreed to watch over the six toddler Chipmunks and Chipettes on short notice while hes away, Lalu lives in a cottage along with P.C. and Gilda.
- Friend to All Children: Tells Dave she loves having them over and plays along with their games.
- Nice Girl: Keeps her cool when she finds Gilda has wrapped almost everything with caution tape or even when Theodore accidentally floods the bathroom floor when he clogged the toilet.
- Only One Name
- Rapunzel Hair
- Child Hater: Has caution tape wrapped all over the furniture, stating that children have no regards for property and having six children under one roof is a recipe for disaster.
- Hates Being Touched: Despite saying so, Brittany still hugs her anyways.
- The Fashionista: Says to have a flare for fashion when she decides to help The Chipmunks, Brittany and Jeanette with the costumes while Lalus attending Eleanor.
- Jerkass: At first.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Eventually
- Odd Couple/Those Two Animals/Those Two Guys: With P.C.
- Only One Name
- Proper Bird
The other resident living with Lalu, P.C. is a tropical frog.
- Bewitched Amphibians: See Prince Charming below.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Considering female amphibians lay about around 200 to 20000 eggs, P.C. isnt really consistent.P.C. Like my mom always says, nothing warms up a home like childrens laughter. She should know, she had twelve thousand of us babies on the same day!
Gilda: Twelve thousand! Oh, P.C., last time it was twelve hundred!
P.C.: Well, I know theres a twelve in there.
- Then later . . .P.C. My mama used to say . . . uh what was it? Oh yeah! Shes like yo little dude, all children make mistakes. She outta know, she had like twenty thousand of us.
Gilda: Twenty thousand? I thought it was twelve thousand!
P.C. Well, I know it had a two in it.
- Ambiguously Gay: Seen ballroom dancing together at the end.
- Interactive Narrator
- Those Two Animals/Those Two Rodents
A fat, short talking gopher, Lou does the most of going into a characters mind.
- Big Ol' Unibrow: Hard to see, but in different lighting theyre a shade darker.
- Butt-Monkey: Suffers the most from going into a characters thoughts.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fat and Skinny: Fat to Sams skinny
- Eyes Always Shut: Either this or the creators forgot to put them on the puppet.
A tall talking squirrel.
- Fat and Skinny: Skinny to Lous fat.
- Insane Troll Logic: While he and Lou are inside Theodores mind whos experiencing both sadness and anger, there are two doors marked MAD and SAD:Sam: Ill take sad.
Lou: Hey now just a second, I dont want mad. I got mad the last time!
Sam: Well, that makes you the expert! Have fun!
- Ring Around the Collar
As the name may suggest, Lalus toilet is somehow brought to life after Theodore accidentally fills it with random objects, thus flooding it and Lalu cleans up the mess.
Alvin and the Chipmunks
The founder and former chairman of JETT Records, Ian Hawke attended college with his ex-roommate Dave and Claire Wilson. When Dave first entered the headquarters, Ian wanted to be his boss since he was no longer Dave's college roommate; instead, he became his "best friend."
- Bald of Evil:
- Big Bad: The closest thing that the first two films have to one.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive
- Everyone Went to School Together: Roommates with Dave in college and probably knew Claire Wilson who also went to the same college.
- HeelFace Turn: In Chipwrecked, though still kind of a dick, but he does help Dave, the Chipmunks, the Chipettes and Zoe get off the island.
- And thanks to Zoe, in the end Ian finally gets his fame and wealth back because this time, he used the right method to deserve it.
- Jerkass: Comes off as nothing short of a greedy businessman who is guilty of exploiting animal talent.
- Jerkass Has a Point: In The Squeakquel, calls the principal out for being biased in favor of the Chipmunks and not allowing a democratic vote.
- Manipulative Bastard: How he was able to keep the Chipmunks, and then the Chipettes, under his thumb in the first and second movie respectively.
- Meaningful Name: Hawks are natural enemies of chipmunks.
- Put on a Bus: He doesn't return for the fourth movie. Though David Cross said he wasn't interested in reprising his role.note
- Villain Ball: Ian's plan in The Squeakquel worked fine until he threatened the Chipettes just because they all wanted equal partnership in the performance.explaination
- Villainy-Free Villain: While most of his tactics are underhanded, none of them are actually illegal.
- Except for locking your talent in a cage.
Daves off-and-on girlfriend who lives across the street from him, Claire has recently enjoyed her success in photography for magazines and shown to have broken up with Dave (whos still in love with Claire and is constantly trying to rekindle their relationship) due to his inability to take their relationship seriously.
Daves immature, lazy cousin who loves to play video games, Toby is a slacker who becomes the Chipmunks guardian after he accidentally sends his grandmother to the hospital. Its also revealed he knows Julie and still has a crush on her since high school.
- Adorkable: Around Julie.
- Basement-Dweller: He refuses to seek employment, does nothing but play video games, eat and sleep all day and expects his Aunt Jackie (and probably his parents off-screen) to keep supporting him.
- Big Good: Literally. He's the primary human ally for the Chipmunks in the second movie.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Everyone Went to School Together: Toby and Julie went to West Eastman.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl/One Head Taller: Is 6'3¼" to Julies 5'4¼"
- Lazy Bum: Does nothing but play video games, eat and sleep all day. He's so lazy even his cat hated him for that and ran away.
- Manchild: Toby is the "Alvin" of the (human) Seville family.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!:
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Is only called Toby.
- Parental Substitute: Becomes this after the original guardian sent to watch the Chipmunks while Daves recovering in a Paris hospital rolled down two flights of stairs, but got to the ground level safely, only to be hit by an airport luggage trolley.
- The Pig-Pen: Not very tidy and doesnt seem to throw his food away as Simon finds a half-eaten pizza hidden under the sofas cushion while going through the mess.
- Will They or Won't They?: Implied they get together at the end.
West Eastman High Schools principal, Dr. Rubin happens to be an ecstatic Chipmunks fan who persuades them to perform in a music competition to save the schools music department.
- I'm Your Biggest Fan: She even shows a tattoo of the Chipmunks on her bicep that she got at their concert in Denver on her birthday.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Played with. After hearing the Chipettes sing, Rubin is pressured into allowing a sing-off between the Chipettes and Chipmunks when Ian calls her out for being biased in favor of the Chipmunks and not allowing a democratic vote from the student body.
The teacher of the Chipmunks at West Eastman High School, Julie Ortega was the crush of Toby Seville during high school and its implied she may have a crush on him as well..
A jock who picks on the Chipmunks, Ryan Edwards is the quarterback on the football team and he becomes jealous when the Chipmunks steal the attention from the girls.
- The Bully
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Gets pissed when the Chipmunks get all the attention from the girls.
- Jerk Jock
- Laser-Guided Karma: In the end credits, Ryan and his jocks get their well-deserved punishment for their mistreatment of the Chipmunks (and making Alvin miss the sing-off) by having to scrape chewed gum off the bottom of the bleachers.
- Sore Loser
Daves (possible) paternal aunt as well as Tobys grandmother, Jackie was originally supposed to watch the Chipmunks while Dave was at the hospital, that is until Toby accidentally knocks Jackie's wheelchair down some stairs while getting the boys' luggage, and an airport luggage trolley crashes into her thus making Jackie incapacitated.
Apparently the Chipmunks cousin, Digger makes an appearance during the climatic chase.
- The Cameo
- Deus ex Machina: Pops out of a manhole that forces Ians limo off the street, crashing into a light pole while chasing down Alvin and the Chipettes on the toy motorbike.
- Mascot: For NASCAR for those who dont know.
- One-Way Visor: True to how he appears from NASCAR.
- Remember the New Guy?: Both Alvin and Digger seem to know one another.
A delusional young woman who claims to been on the island anywhere from eight or nine years. It was believed Zoe crash-landed on the island until its revealed Zoe intentionally came to the island looking for treasure.
- Ax-Crazy: Crazy enough to kidnap Jeanette and force her to get all the treasure since she is small enough to reach it while a volcano is erupting! Not to mention after Jeanette escapes, she tries to murder Dave when hes hanging on to the broken log bridge for dear life.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: She sure looks clean and neat for someone stranded on an island for nearly a decade.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Though it probably was an act.
- Companion Sport Balls: Five of em =
- Rawling the baseball
- Spalding the basketball
- Callaway the golf ball
- Dunlop the tennis ball
- Nerf the football
- Determinator: Determined enough to get her hands on the treasure shes been searching for on the island shes willing to knock out Simon/Simone and kidnap Jeanette to force her to get the treasure while theres an erupting volcano going on.
- Easily Forgiven: Jeanette forgives Zoe for kidnapping her after the woman sincerely apologizes, followed by the bespectacled Chipette giving her a valuable gold tiara Simon/Simone gave her, feeling Zoe deserves it more.
And no doubt she was forgiven for almost killing Dave considering she doesnt get charged with attempted murder.
- Evil Laugh
- Only One Name
- Revenge: After Dave and Alvin (as well as Simon) rescue Jeanette, thus stopping Zoe from both harming her as well as getting the treasure, Zoe sees an opportunity to get revenge on Dave whos hanging on to the broken log bridge for making her lose the treasure by killing him. Luckily, Ian comes to his rescue, persuading Zoe to do the right thing and help Dave up.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?
Simone is Simons alter-ego, who came to be when Simon is bitten by a spider carrying a neuro-toxin. Being more adventurous and reckless as well as eager to take more risks despite the consequences and dangers, Simone is a more confident version of Simon, more open about his relationship with Jeanette. The Simone persona then disappears when he is hit on the head by a golf ball Zoe threw at him, rendering him unconscious and waking up as Simon again.
- The Casanova
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French
- Gender-Blender Name: Simone is actually the female form of Simon (and Simone is still a male personality), while the French version of Simon is spelled the same but pronounced "see-MA Wn".
- Loves My Alter Ego: Jeanette seems very smitten whim him.
- Nerd Glasses Well, hes still Simon.
- Sexier Alter Ego
- Sleeves Are for Wimps
The Road Chip
- Ax-Crazy: Takes his job as an air marshall and officer extremely seriously and holds a powerful grudge against the Chipmunks for their music being the theme song of his heartbreak (his girlfriend dumped him while it was playing) and eventually reveals plans to have them stuffed as a gift for his ex so she'll take him back and even channels The Shining with "here's Suggsy!"
- Butt-Monkey: Over the course of the film he gets pooped on, hit in the groin, hit in the face with a trombone, gets two tattoos while wasted, and trapped in an elevator for several hours.
- Freudian Excuse: His girlfriend dumps him over his fandom for the Chipmunks, which is part of why he hates them.
- Jerkass: Very much so. He's rude to nearly everyone he comes across. In fact, he's even worse than Ian!
- Ship Tease: With Miles, as she is seen asking him to come to a future party in LA.