NOTICE: THIS TROPER ISN'T ON THIS SITE ANYMORE.
Lit Professor: Class, do you guys know what I mean when I say a "trope"?
(blank stares from class)
Me: (raises hand)
Lit Professor: Yeah?
Me: Story-telling conventions.
Lit Professor: Excellent! Tropes are archetypes. Maybe like a hero or other traditional character types. Class, can you tell me what the trope of an aunt is? What are the traditional roles of an aunt?
Me: (thinks about banging head on desk)Welcome! I am Indigo12ash but you can call me Indigo, Indie, Indy, Indi, or whatever you please. I mean, Hopey calls me Indiyo and Pigey calls me Jonesy. Like most of the tropers here, I am a young nerd. I'm an 18-year-old lesbian on the west coast of the US. Discovered this site around 2011 but didn't make an account and my first edit until Feb 8, 2012. I haven't run anything through YKTTW and I used to not use the forums all that often. I know there are some tropers with a list of tropes they named or other resume-esque things on their page. Well, so do I, since I'm working on becoming an active member of the community. It was about August 2012 when I began posting in Yack Fest and got absolutely addicted to it. I'm not even on the wiki side anymore. Now with a quote page.
—I really wish I was making this up....
NOTE: If you wish to vandalize me, send me a PM with what you want to add and I'll add it to the bottom. Thank you.
What I've done
- Parallel Porn Titles: My first page image. Did the photoshopping of someone else's suggestion.
- Coconut Meets Cranium: Suggested.
- Unflinching Walk: Suggested, then cropped by Willbyr.
- Power Walk: Suggested in Unflinching Walk IP thread and then created a new IP thread to get Power Walk changed.
- Recycled In Space: Did photoshopping of Willbyr's suggestion.
- Left Fielder: My personal favorite photoshop job. Started with this suggestion from Septimus Heap and it took off from there. The whole thread is a good read if you want to know how the picture came to be.
- The Black Donnellys
- The Bill
- Captain Video
- The Chicago Code
- The Closer
- Cold Case
- CSI: Miami
- Dark Skies
- Defying Gravity
- Desperate Housewives
- Easy A
- The Elephant Princess
- Hogan's Heroes
- Kyle XY
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent
- The L Word
- The Magic Treehouse
- Malcolm in the Middle
- Miami Vice
- NCIS: Los Angeles
- The Newsroom
- Nurse Jackie
- The O.C.
- The Office (created disambig and split UK and US)
- Rizzoli & Isles
- The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- The Shield
- Six Feet Under
- Sonny With A Chance
- The Supernaturalist
- This Is Wonderland
- The West Wing
- The Wire
- Without a Trace
- Wizards of Waverly Place
- WKRP in Cincinnati
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno
Asperger's Syndrome Rant
I was bullied a lot when I was younger because, I am just weird. I'll admit it, I have Asperger's Syndrome, as does my girlfriend. Before you ask, I am actually diagnosed and don't use it to be an asshole on the internet. I can't STAND IT when people use any treatable or fightable disease, disorder or whatever as an excuse to not be able to do anything. Example: "Oh, I have a stutter, I can never talk normally". That is bullshit. There are plenty of stories of people overcoming certain conditions. Read Front Of The Class by Brad Cohen to find out how he was able to become a teacher, who has Tourette's. Yeah, no excuses. Another one of the things that bugs me is when people use "Asperger Syndrome" or "Asperger Disorder". It's "Asperger's Syndrome". Hans Asperger is the person who noticed it in his patients back in 1944. There is a difference between a syndrome and a disorder. A syndrome is something characterized by multiple symptoms and a disorder is a disturbance in mental or physical health. Sorry for the rant.
TV Tropes in general
In other news, TV Tropes is the greatest place in the entire world. I was hanging around here since about 2011 but finally made an account early 2012 because there were some annoying typos I wanted to fix. One of my first edits was on Curse Cut Short because someone had typed "Jeniffer" instead of "Jennifer" or even "JJ" for that matter. That was 8th Feb '12 9:33:49 PM. And yes, it has ruined my life. Although, one of the most annoying things about this site is that it's difficult for me to explain the concept to my friends. I even showed one of my friends the home page and she still says "I don't get it". Oh well, her loss. Whenever I am on this site, my mom thinks I'm "fanfictioning". Then there are those times when I trope real life. I called something Snark Bait once and got funny looks for it. Same thing happened when I whispered "Ho Yay" while watching Torchwood. My mom asked me to explain... That wasn't fun. There are also times when I mention trope names and I got a "I know, right?!" I called one a guest speaker at my school a Misplaced Kindergarten Teacher and got very positive reactions from it.
Anime and Manga Literature Live-Action TV
- The Big Bang Theory
- Criminal Minds
- Doctor Who
- Los hombres de Paco
- Lost Girl
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Warehouse 13
- The West Wing
- The X-Files
- Anyone But Me
- Out With Dad
- And thus the girlfriend tops all -Pocky
- *Illegible scrawling* -Blank Mage
- May your days be long and our wars be short! -desdendelle
- Hello to you, too. Have some vandalism. :) -Nocturna
- Hey, I just noticed the post on my page. I generally do hate to be touched, except when it comes to hugs. Particularly internet hugs! RainbowDust
- I saw the message you left on my profile. Yes, I also hate when people claim to have Aspergers when they clearly don't. My cousin did that once, and trust me, he most definitely does not have it. -Bonsai Forest
- Hi, thanks for "vandalizing" my page too! -FELH2
- Nice Spanish, certainly. A couple of minor mistakes, nothing important, completely understandable.
It's good to know also that some people can make good use of ranting without falling into awkward Author Tracts. -Amused Troper Guy
- Sabrina falls out the side of your page, Hehe, whoops. Also thanks for uniting with me. :3 Oh cool, a Whooligan, eh (Doctor Who?) Nice page! -Sabrina Diamond
- Yo yo. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find me? I inquire only because I'm not exactly a sought out troper (probably due to minimal editing currently, and a rather surly attitude toward certain things about the site). Cheers - -Hammerhead
- YOUR PAGE WILL BE ASSIMILATED INTO THE COLLECTIVE. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. ~ GameSpazzer
- Is this the part where I go, "are you me?" - Physical Stamina
- I hereby grant thee the Pretty Cool Troper award, complete with medal in red rather than the normal blue. -Telcontar
- This page is pretty cool. Although it lacks some Fangirl Japanese. Or maybe it doesn't. :V - kay4today
- Hola! By the way, Doctor Who and Scrubs, you're so cool! -Lostiesgirl
- Hey there! I hope your day is very good! -Shaggy
- Returning the vandalism favour :3 - Peaceful Apocalypse
- An eye for an eye! But yeah, you vandalized my wall back when I was an uninitiated little git, so I had no idea how to react to page vandalism. I thought it was just something cool that happened and that replying was seen as unprofessional or something. Still, better late than never! - Mr Mallard
- Right. Time to do shit in here. -glomps- = Inhopelessguy
- Hello, vandalizes your page back~phantom1
- Vague compliment, witty comment, have music. Annnd... done. ~SlendidSuit
- HELLO, YOU FUCK! :D Inhopelessguy
- Hello, my name does not have the syllables required for this joke. You vandalized my troper page. Prepare to die. —Immi
- Ohai, I see I'm on your quotes page :Þ -Sixth
- This vandalism intentionally left blank. -The Mike
- Skyrim cookies!◊ Thanks for folderizing my page. ^__^ - Lulu
- You clearly don't deprive yourself of sleep well enough. Real sleep deprivates can make nonsense out of real words. Let me teach you the ways of the insomniac. - Eskay64
- Hmm. Somehow I missed this page. Well, mistake corrected. The Lovebirds shall claim the title of cutest couple! - Phoenixor
- The fact I have not vandalised your page is borderline criminal. Hey there, Indi! - Topo
- INDY! note ~ Jinny
- I sm vamdqlizimt ylur pzhf. - Hermie
- Greetings again, Indy. — Eskay